Valiant

Von AuroraRush

Some say the humans caused it, some think it was the aliens at fault; others don’t have much to say either wa... Mehr

{1}Valiant{Peace Not War}
{2}Valiant{Be Brave}
{4} Valiant {Saying Goodbye...}
{5} Valiant {A New Journey That's Just Begun}
{6} Valiant {Fighting Stance}
{7} Valiant {It's a Game...}
{8} Valiant {Taking Control}

{3}Valiant{Preparation For What's To Come}

294 10 9
Von AuroraRush

Hey Guys, thanx for all those who read the past two chapters! ANd thank you to Zara101, for becoming my first fan! And commenting! Guyz, check out her stories!! 

SO, today, I was board so I spent my day typing and hogging the laptop :P 

hehe, good thing my brothers at the beach... 

So yeah, this chapter isn't very good but it's getting to the fun parts. To be truthful I don't even know where this story is going, I've thought up the middle and the end now I need the filling! 

So thankz again for reading! 

Vote, COMMENT, become a fan!!

XoX

Chapter 3: Preparation For What's To Come 

Valèrie sat; not responding to either Rae's or Sunshine's attempts to sooth her.  

She distantly heard Sunshine saying, "Don't worry, Valley. I know you'll be asked to join," 

And Rae whispering in response, "Not if she gets picked for the duty on the front line," 

Sunshine turned, "I don't think anyone would let her manage the ship. She's not just book smart, she's street smart and fit. But she is not scientifically smart," She whispered back fiercely.  

"Thanks," Valèrie whispered softly, trying to make a joke out of a horrible situation.  

Finally, Liz, whose name they all knew was one above Valèrie's, was called. 

"Liz Uzo," the Principle called, "Miss Uzo has shown talent and brains which is why she has been asked to join the Colonial to help run the ship from a technical point of view."  

He went on to describe what she would be transmuted with but Valèrie, Rae and Sunshine weren't listening, they were breathing a sigh of relief that none of them would be fighting on the front line.  

"Valèrie Vera," 

Valèrie rose, for the first time noticing her parents in the crowd of spectators. She carefully made her way past her fellow students. She shifted her long, fox like hair off her shoulder as she stepped onto the stage.  

"Miss Vera has been a very promising pupil, and has been transmuted with the wolves as well as the foxes of Earth, a great achievement, I must say. She has also been given the Azjai, the beautiful creature known for guidance, grace and its stubbornness," The Principal said with a laugh. 

Valèrie had to resist the urge to glare at him. A tempting idea but she managed to control herself as she turned to get into the cylinder capsule that would make her someone she was not.  

She felt the slimy blue substance before she saw it. She watched as it inclosed around her and yet she could still see everything. Her friends and her parents. Even the hot male at the back, staring at her so intently it was as if he was controlling her.  

"Because of her great achievements,"  

Valèrie listened whilst the sweet smelling, teal blue liquid containing the herb to transmute, engulfed her.  

"Because of Miss Vera's leadership and fighting abilities she will be placed under Mr. Zander aboard the Colonial." 

He carried on, but all Valèrie could hear were those words, replaying again, and again in her mind. The Colonial. 

Her mind went blank as she frantically tried to get out of the capsule. The liquid now, cold and thick against her skin.  

Her attempt was futile, the liquid to thick to move in, but she wouldn't stop. She kept thrashing, trying to escape as the liquid heated up. Her breath become shallow and uneven though not from a lack of air.  

Suddenly, a voice entered her mind, 'Relax. Just keep still. It'll only cause trouble so close your eyes and do as I say.' 

And although this voice, not her own and definitely not familiar, being male, scared her; she found herself closing her eyes and obeying. 

She felt, as the liquid seemed to be seeping through her skin like acid, but it didn't hurt, it was just numb.  

Suddenly the liquid drained, allowing her to wrench open the door. 

She breathed in fresh air.  

'Now smile, and walk back,' the voice commanded.  

She obeyed, walking towards the back of the hall, before passing her seat and a confused looking Rae and Sunshine.  

'Wait! What are you doing? Turn around and go back,' It commanded, but she didn't listen. Instead, she broke out into a sprint.  

The people all stared, but she didn't care. She just kept running. She had to keep moving. As she reached the back of the hall, her gaze fell upon a blonde haired, god of a male. Staring at her. It was the same guy as before. 

Her chocolate brown eyes flashed in understanding. 

'You figured it out, well done. I guess my ability to not be discovered lacks immensely.' 

The voice said, as she ran through the open doors, trying to escape. 

Everything looked new to her. Everything she was seeing became so much clearer. It was like she could pick a spot and become her own personal binoculars by zooming in to where ever she desired.  

Tears invaded her eyes as she realized just what was happening.  

She would be leaving soon. Her best friends would be leaving her. She was now a freak, and she would now be fighting in a war against aliens.  

She kept moving, she couldn't stop, if she stopped, it would be like admitting defeat; giving in. She wouldn't, not until she had nothing left. 

So she ran, and ran. She needed the feel of the cool air pressing against her skin to try to dull the tears that ran slowly down her face.  

'Run Valèrie, just run.' She told herself.  

She could feel the wolf in her emerging and suddenly, it wasn't her running. It was the wolf inside her, taking over. She felt her body change, 'It'll make me faster,' she told herself, feeling four padded feet now hitting the ground in a slow rhythmic beat. Thud, thud, thud. It was all that ran through her mind. The beating of feet that were no longer hers but ones she still controlled.  

She saw a glint as she passed glass, her reflection one that wasn't her own. 

A large, auburn wolf, with eyes of hazel.  

She stopped, transforming back into her human form. She lent against the glass and let her tears consume her.  

A while later she felt two pairs of arms wrap around her. She looked up into the eyes of Sunshine and Rae.  

"It'll be okay." Sunshine whispered, "You'll see," 

"Yeah," Valèrie laughed back without humour.  

"I'm sure it'll be dandy," she continued, straightening up.  

"Is it over?" She asked, looking down at them now. 

They both nodded. 

"Well," she said, whipping her eyes. 

"We'd better go and give Heather the goodbye she deserves?" 

"If only it were goodbye! Turns out we're stuck with her!" Rae burst out in agony.  

Valèrie pulled a face, a pained grimace.  

"So then, don't you fancy going out with a bang?" she asked? 

Sunshine shrugged, "We have dug the hole."  

"And it would be a shame not to use it," Rae finished cheekily.  

Valèrie giggled, "Come on!" she said, voice filled with glee, as she hoisted both Rae and Sunshine up off the ground. 

They ran forward giggling, making their way towards the crowd around the hall.  

"Hey Heather," Valèrie called.  

They ran forward as Heather turned. They enjoyed the look of surprise on her face as they lifted her up, by her legs.  

"Put me down! This instance!" she screeched,  

The girls just laughed as they carried her across to where they had dug the hole. She struggled to try to escape but their grip was too solid.  

She let out a piercing screech as they dumped her head first into the hole.  

"I'm going to kill you," she screamed, trying to get herself up right.  

"See you soon, if I'm unlucky." Valèrie called back as she turned. 

But as she turned she hit into something hard. She looked up to see the creepy hot guy.  

"My name's Luke," he said smirking as though he had read her thoughts.  

"Luke Zander, I'm now your boss." He said, smiling in all his blonde haired, blue-eyed glory.  

Valèrie stared blankly, before moving around him, muttering, "Excuse me," 

She started towards her parents but felt a hand grip her wrist, she turned, shocked to meet those turquoise blue eyes.  

"Sorry, but I was told to inform you, by the Commander, that he wants to meet you. He has an important message for you." 

She nodded, before looking down at his hand still gripping her arm. 

"If you don't mind, would you please let go," she said. 

He smiled, "Sure," he said, "See you later." 

And with that he released her and headed towards the crowd of people. 

She followed, making her way towards her parents.  

"Valèrie," her mother called her face lighting up at the sight of their daughter. 

"Val, we're so proud of you! You've now got a real shot to use your talent," he dad commented hopefully.  

Valèrie's eyes flashed with hurt, how could he think that? She thought to herself. 

"How can you still think that war is something to be proud of?" she whispered, not meeting the look of anger she knew would be in her father's eyes. 

"Do not talk to me like that, Valèrie!" he yelled. 

"Yes, father." She muttered.  

"Oh, dear, please don't fight. We should be celebrating, our baby's growing up!" 

"So when do you have to leave?" her father asked,  

"I don't know. I have to talk to the Commander first." 

"Well then, go. Then, once you've talked with the Commander, we'll go out for dinner to celebrate." 

"Yes, father," Valèrie answered, obediently.  

Walking from her parents, she made her way towards the direction that Luke had gone. She found him easily. Tall, golden, nicely coloured skin, and those eyes.  

Seeing her, he turned, smiling. 

"Will you take me to the Commander?" she asked politely, not looking at him but a little to the side of him.  

Look at me. The voice-his voice commanded. 

She complied, "Stop it," she whispered softly, somehow knowing he would hear her.  

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said with a cheeky grin. 

"Come on," he said, leading Valèrie in the opposite direction of everyone else. 

"Excuse me," she called, "But are we not going the wrong way?"  

"No, the Commander isn't really a people person so he's in hiding." 

"In hiding?" she whispered, confused. Wondering why she was even bothering. If the Commander wanted to see her, he should at least be around.  

"Hurry up," he called, quite a good way ahead now.  

Valèrie jogged to try to catch up, before slowing to a walk when she was side by side with Luke.  

Once they had reached the faculty's break room, Luke stopped. Knocking on the door three times, before entering, calling out, "Commander, I've brought you a visitor,"  

He shut the door gently behind Valèrie, before leading her by the shoulders to a couch, where he plonked her down beside him.  

A deep voice came from the small kitchen, "Is that so? Now tell me Ms. Vera, fancy a drink?" 

"Uh, No thank you," she replied courteously. 

Just then, the Commander, a dark male in his late thirties, emerged from the kitchen, holding a cup of what looked like hot chocolate. 

"Well, Miss Vera, a pleasure to meet you. I want to commend you on your achievements and welcome you to my crew." 

"Thank you, Sir," she said, bowing her head slightly.  

The Commander grunted, "So as you would be well aware of, as the fleet on the front line, we would have to be back on duty as soon as possible, which is why we will be leaving tonight," he finished, taking a sip of hot chocolate. 

"Tonight?" she whispered, breath caught.  

"I'm afraid so, dear. So now is the time to say goodbye, pack your backs and you'll come with Luke and we'll be setting off around the early morning." 

"Oh," she whispered. So much had been dumped on her lately she should have realized something like this would happen.  

"Um, of course, I'll need to prepare myself, though." 

"Of course," he replied, "Luke will stay with you while you get ready, yes?" 

Valèrie nodded, standing up, "Yes, Commander," 

"Do you mind if I leave?" 

"No, not at all, In fact, I myself have to leave now," the Commander said; standing up as well. "I will be seeing you soon. Good day." 

"To you too," Valèrie answered, bowing her head slightly.  

And with that she left, with Luke trailing after. So now, she'd have to say goodbye. Goodbye to her friends, goodbye to her parents and goodbye to the life she'd never have...

XoX

SO there we are,  

please vote, comment, become a fan, whatever, it's all apprieciated! 

XoX 

Jen 

^AuroraRush^

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

The Unknown Von Mia

Science Fiction

144 32 15
Follow along with five friends who thought they were just ditching for a day. This is a tragic love story with a sci-fi scenario.
9.3K 384 43
Returning to Earth after being with the Elbaskins for months, the boys end up crash landing near their town. Bruised, battered, and exhausted, they m...
227K 15K 39
"Who says your life ends only when your heart stops? It ends even when there's a celebration around you." A marriage. To a man who had saved my pare...
338 13 7
Quick question: if you hook up with your brother's best friend, are you wrong for that? Furthermore, if you enjoyed it and want it to happen again, a...