In This Life And The Next ✔️

By thedeepster

*Sequel to ENEMY OF MY PACK. *not edited. Being a werewolf sucked but being a werewolf daughter to a human... More

Prologue: My First Change
Chapter 1: Not Safe
Chapter 2: Rare Disease
Chpater 4: Fresh V.P
Chapter 5: The Boy with the Dark Blue Eyes
Chapter 6: Car Dents and Bitches
Chapter 7: Be Careful
Chapter 8: Captain Death
Chapter 9: Accept Who You Are
Chapter 10: "Daymares"
Chapter 11: Chest Cooties
Chapter 12: A Slap to the Masseter
Chapter 13: Sexy Lady
Chapter 14: Serving Time with the Devil
Chapter 15: "Where's the Fire?"
Chapter 16: Money and Giant White Mansions
Chapter 17: Stay the Hell Away From Me
Chapter 18: What Are You?
Chapter 19: Bi-Polar
Chapter 20: What is a Mate?
Chapter 21: Snooping Is Bad, Kids.
Chapter 22: I'm a Dead Girl
Chapter 23: Stay
Chapter 24: We Are Connected
Chapter 25: Gun's A Blazin'
Chapter 26: Guess Who's Back
Chapter 27: I Am Not Jennifer
Chapter 28: The Past
Chapter 29: Mother Of All Mates
Chapter 30: Be Happy
Chapter 31: Dangerous Threat
Chapter 32: Alone
Chapter 33: Young Forever
Chapter 34: Trickster
Chapter 35: Trigger Fingers
Chapter 36: All That Matters
Epilogue: In This Life And Maybe The Next

Chapter 3: Too Innocent

2.9K 127 24
By thedeepster

ARIANA

My hand slammed on the alarm clock. I cringed when I heard glass shattering, goddam this super strength!

I inspected it to see it was damaged beyond repair. It was stuck on 6:15 which by the way, was way to early to get up in the morning. When I was being home schooled I used to wake up at 9 o'clock and start school around 10 o'clock. Yeah, it was that awesome.

I dragged my tired body to the bathroom and spent 45 minutes getting ready. I wore my long, brown hair in a French braid and tucked in some stray hairs behind my ear. I don't like to wear makeup at all especially because of my erratic emotions which had me sweating or touching my face, so I just didn't wear any. Besides it's not like I needed it. My skin was clear but the dark bags were noticeable under my eyes.  

"Ari! Hurry up or we're gonna be late!" My mother called from downstairs.

When I got into the car, she shoved a granola bar into my hands and gave me a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I woke up late."

I smiled and laughed. "It's fine mom. You don't have to make me breakfast all the time. I'm sure the cafeteria serves it too."

She gave me a grateful smile. "I love your outfit by the way." She said driving already. "Very badass." She nodded approvingly.

"Thanks, I'm hoping it will keep the other kids away." I glanced down at myself.

"Do you think I scream dangerous?" I asked my eyes innocent.

My mother chuckled in amusement. "Yes, but your face kind of ruins it. It's too innocent."

"What! My face is too innocent?" I glared at her, frowning.

"There you go!" She said smacking the steering wheel. "Now, all you have to do is keep your face like that the whole day."

I frowned even deeper. The whole day? How long was that? I don't think I can keep up this charade for next year let alone today!

I groaned and sank into my seat.

"Hey do you think the kids will like it if I introduced myself a little differently than all the other teachers?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

Her smile grew wider, scaring me. "We're here!" My mother yelled in excitement. She parked in the spot that had written Vice Principal Parking Only.

I climbed out of the car slowly. It's like as soon as my feet hit the ground, the entire student body turned there heads and gawked at me.

I pulled the hood of my jacket up, covering my face, avoiding any eye contact but my mother on other hand, smiled, basically skipping, and waved to the students giving them good mornings. A lot of the students sniggered at my mom. I was kind of angry but then was embarrassed.

At first I was walking with her but then slowed down a little, making it seem like she was walking alone. I loved my mother but come on! She had to know this was embarrassing!

Finally, we made it into a small building that had been labeled, Administration. A plump women with blond hair sat behind a large counter. My mother cleared her throat, but the women kept typing on her computer. I got angry and slammed my fist onto the counter, making the computer shake from the impact. The women jumped and looked up.

"Ari!" My mom whispered to me. I shoved my hands in my jacket and pouted. I couldn't control my anger sometimes!

"Sorry about that, Miss-" She glanced at the small metal template that had the lady's name. "-Ross my name is Helen Peterson and this is my daughter Ariana Peterson." She introduced, pointing to me.

She went back to typing on her computer and I growled lowly under my breath. My mother pinched my arm. "Ow!"

She gave me a pointed look and then fake smiled at the secretary who was looking at us with narrowed eyes.

"If you would please follow me to Principal Alfred's office."  She said, opening a small door that lead to the back of the office. My mother and I started to follow her.

"Not you." She stopped me. I glared at her and she lowered her head. "Uh, Please wait outside. I'll be right back with your schedule and locker number."

My mother gave me a warning look and disappeared into a hallway.

I went to sit on one of the benches, trying to wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

The bell rang in the overhead speaker making me groan. I was hoping to not walk into class with everybody staring at me, gawking and shit.

The secretary came back out and handed me a schedule of my classes, and my locker combo.

"Thanks." I muttered, trying to be polite and then left the office.

I looked at the tiny paper which held my classes and I groaned.

Period 1: Calculus
Period 2: AP Biology
Break
Period 3: World History
Period 4: Art
Lunch
Period 5: AP English
Period 6: P.E

I dragged my body to my first class with a scowl on my face.

Luckily, all my classes were close together but it wasn't a surprise considering how small this high school is. I wonder how many students went here. I reached my class and with a deep breath I opened the door.

The middle aged teacher stopped mid lesson and looked at me. I could literally feel all the children in the class burning holes into me with their eyes.

"Yes?" The teacher asked.

I cleared my throat and with the most confident voice I had, I said, "I'm new here and I was scheduled to this class." I brought the teacher my schedule. While he inspected it I looked around the room. There were about 20 children in the class. Most of them ignored me, half of them gave me confused stares and one beautiful blond haired girl sitting towards the back was smiling. Her blue eyes, kind. I don't know what came over me but I smiled back. I immediately frowned and looked back to the teacher. "Find an empty seat and try to keep up."

I looked around to find an empty seat right next to the girl with the kind eyes. I made my way towards the back, sitting down in the empty chair. The girl flipped back her long, shiny blond hair and looked at me. "Hi, I'm Jennifer." She said introducing herself.

I smiled back unknowingly. I've always liked the name Jennifer. "Hi, I'm Ariana." Then I frowned. Why was I being friendly? I needed to stop!

Looking to the front I saw that the teacher was writing an equation on the board. I already knew the answer. Maybe it paid to be home schooled by a college professor.

When the bell rang indicating that the class was over, I got up from my seat trying to shove my way past the kids piling out of the class.

"Ari!" I groaned when I heard Jennifer call my name. Even though I thought against it, I stopped in my tracks and waited for her to come out of the classroom. She stood next to me and I craned my neck to look at her. She was tall. I was 5 feet 8 inches but this girl had to be at least 6 feet tall.

She was tall, she was blond and she looked basically perfect. I was jealous but I wasn't about to go all bitch on her.

"So, what class do you have next?" She asked kind of excited.

"Um, Biology." I showed her my schedule and she squealed. "OMG! We have almost every class together! All except Art and History. I'm taking Calculus 2 and U.S History instead.

Calculus 2? My eyes widened. Damn she was smart! "Why are you taking Calculus 2?" I asked curious.

"It's my elective silly!" Wow. She chose to be in that class? This girl was a fact that it's just a stereotype when people call blondes stupid because she clearly wasn't.

She lead me down the hall to Biology. I stood by the teacher as I came in, giving her my schedule. She added me to her roster and then gave me back my schedule. I was going to take my seat, looking for an empty one when the teacher spoke to the class in a loud, shrill voice. "Class we have a new student."

Oh no. I groaned. Don't make me introduce myself, don't make me introduce myself.

"Go on, dear, introduce yourself."

Damnit lady!

I tried to avoid the students stares and coughed before speaking. "My name is Ari, I'm from Summerduck, Virginia. Uh, now I'm here?" I said it like it was a question. Some of the students laughed.

"Okay, go ahead and take an empty seat." She said shooing me away.

I was walking towards the middle because there was an empty seat until I heard a sharp whisper coming from Jennifer. "Ari! Here! Come here!" I looked up to see Jennifer push a boy out of the chair next to her. I hid my smile when the kid glared at me clutching his backpack. He took a seat where I was going too.

Jennifer snickered and I glared at her. "You didn't have to kick that boy out of his chair." I said with mock anger. She shrugged with a playful smile. "He was annoying anyways."

The teacher called us to attention and I looked up front to see the boy who was forcefully removed from his chair, glaring at me. He brought his two fingers up pointing to his eyes and then to mine, saying I'm watching you. I think I just made a new enemy.

He was a small boy with red hair and green eyes with about a billion freckles on his face. He looked maybe 13 years old.

I looked to Jennifer as she did the same to me and we burst out laughing.

After class we had break, it was about 10 minutes long so all Jennifer did was tell me about the teachers we had, then dropped off my books in my locker and then we were off to our class.

This day was off to a great start.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

A/N: BORING! Am I right? Don't worry, it gets worse from here! 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
408K 11.2K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
6.1M 147K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...