When Our Eyes Are Red [s.m][2]

By hoechlin72

After everything that happened, Levi deserved a break. But she has been taken by her dead friend's aunt, she'... More

Thank you!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
ANOTHER THANK YOU + UPDATE?
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
update n thank u
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
not a chapter sorry
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
epilogue

Chapter 15

10.7K 238 84
By hoechlin72

"Maybe I do." Scott promised, causing Deaton and Chris to look at the young alpha in confusion but almost proud.

"That's a lot of burden to carry, Scott." Deaton probed, wanting to see how dedicated the young boy was going to be to his new cause.

"I don't care. No one else dies. Everyone on that list. Everyone on that Dead Pool. It doesn't matter if they're wendigos, or werewolves, or whatever. I'm gonna save everyone."

//.//

"The mean number of students per classroom, y, at Central High School can be estimated using the equation y=0.8636x + 27.227, where x represents the number of years since 2004 and x is less or equal than 10. Which of the following statements is the best interpretation of the number 0.8636 in the context of this problem?"

"Lydia, that's it. I am not going." Levi groaned, hitting her head against Lydia's headboard before groaning, rubbing the sore patch on her shoulder from her previous encounter with a dead pool assassin. 

The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes at her friend as she paced the floor in front of her bed, waving a finger at the alpha. "Levi, you are sitting the SAT today and that is final!" Lydia scoffed, collapsing down on the bed next to her best friend.

"You don't need to sit it today, so why do I?" She exclaimed, closing her eyes and placing a hand over her face. The alpha was much more stressed out by the fact her name was now officially on the dead pool, especially as it was not exactly a comforting number next to her name.

"I sat it last year Levi, we both know this," Lydia glared at her, watching as the alpha opened her eyes and flashed them red at Lydia in annoyance.

The banshee leaned over, smacking her across the head with the SAT preparation book she was currently reading questions to Levi out of. The alpha's eyes turned back to normal as she flicked her hair over her shoulder and let out another groan.

"Lyds, I have more important things to worry about! I'm worth 20 million! MILLION!" Levi exclaimed, running a hand through her hair. Lydia was also afraid for her best friend, after basically feeling her dying only nights before. It hadn't taken Lydia's large IQ to realise that the odd feeling she had been getting was Levi's near death experience after Scott had explained to Stiles and her what had happened to Levi after they got the emergency call to meet him at the animal clinic.

"Yeah, but you'll be worth nothing to colleges if you don't go do your SAT."

Levi groaned, saying her byes before heading towards the school.

//.//

She opened the paper in front of her, a scowl across her face as she began to start the paper. Just as she was filling in the questions, her chest suddenly felt a bit tighter. Levi paused, bringing a hand to rub at her chest before taking a breather. She had a quick glance around the room, only to meet eyes with the proctor. He was staring right into her, and Levi sundered at the intensity of his glare before she turned back to her paper.

A thud on the ground next to her caused Levi to snap her head to find the source of the noise. A girl - whom she faintly could remember as being called Sydney? - had slumped out of her seat and onto the floor. 

"Sydney! Are you all right?" Ms Martin asked, ignoring the frantic look that Levi was giving her. Levi knew it was just down to nerves, but something was off. There was something not right going on - and it stemmed from the feeling she had got when speaking to Lydia that very morning.

"I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy," the teenager explained to Lydia's mother as the woman helped her up off the floor. She ran a hand nervously through her hair, embarrassed that she had just collapsed in front of a full classroom of juniors.

Lydia's mother looked intently at Sydney, before something on the girl's body caught her eye. "Sydney, how long have you had this?" She referenced to the rash that was forming on Sydney's arm. Levi caught a glimpse of it from where she was sitting and it was that exact moment the alpha knew they would not be finishing any SAT exam today. 

There was something off with the rash on her arm. It looked like the skin was almost bubbling under the surface, like a blister or something. The girl's veins seemed to be much more prominent than what they should of been for just a simple rash.

"I don't know." Sydney was beginning to panic now, and Levi could feel the overall atmosphere of the class begin to get extremely more tense with each second.

"Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test?" The proctor asked, now standing up from his seat and placing his tea back onto its coaster. He could see the panic in Ms Martin's eyes now, and Levi could feel the adult woman's heart rate begin to increase. She looked over to Malia and Scott, sharing a glance with them as they too heard the sudden spike.

"No, um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. Nobody leaves the room." She began heading out the room, a fake smile plastered on her face as she muttered the last part to the proctor. 

As Levi listened closely, she was able to pick up on a gasp of shock from Lydia's mother coming from the Coach's room.

"Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside! Back to your seats. Now. Please." Ms Martin yelled at the students as she rang a number on her mobile phone. "I need the number of the CDC. Yes, the Center for Disease Control."

Right there, Levi knew this wasn't good.

//.//

"Kira, Levi, do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?" Malia asked suddenly, staring between them both. Levi tensed slightly, confused as to what Malia was about to tell them, but mainly because Kira started letting off extreme chemosignals of guilt.

"What do you mean?" The kitsune asked cautiously, trying to diffuse the situation. Not only had Malia not been told about her name on the dead pool, but also Levi had not been told about the fact that Malia was her cousin. 

"Like they hide stuff," Malia confirmed, narrowing her eyes ever so slightly despite Kira's obviously bad body language. She knew that they boys were hiding something from the two shifters in front of her.

"I think if they did, they'd probably have a pretty good reason," Kira tried to reason, but Levi wasn't having it anymore.

"Kira, what's going on?" She asked, a slight touch of authority from her alpha side coming out as she questioned the clearly nervous fox.

"Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?" Malia dropped the act completely, confusing both Levi and Kira at the same time. It confused Levi because she had no idea they were hiding anything under Scott's bed, but Kira was confused because it was certainly not what she thought Malia was about to question her on.

"What? No, I've never been under Scott's bed. Or in it. Just on it... Wearing clothes." She added the last bit as an after note while looking at Levi, hoping the wolf hadn't taken what she had said as a bad thing. Levi shook her head at how awkward the girl was before they were interrupted by a CDC Doctor.

"Kira Yukimura. You feeling all right, Kira? I don't like needles either. I promise, it'll be fast." As the doctor went to pierce the skin of Kira with the needle an electric shock shot up the needle and into the doctor's arm, causing the suit to burst. The woman turned and ran out.

/./

"It's still happening."

Scott looked up and tried shaking his head, his eyes flashing frantically between red and brown. Something wasn't right and he couldn't control his shift.

"I can't make them go back," Malia also noted, holding up her claws so that the teens and Mr Yukimura could see that whatever was happening was effecting her too.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the two of you in a way it won't hit any human being," he noted, before everyone seemingly shared a common thought and turned to look at Levi. 

"Why isn't it affecting you?" Stiles asked, causing a shrug to come from Levi.

"My thought is that due to Levi having been an alpha for years now, it will take longer to break down into her cells," Kira's dad theorised, and the others nodded agreeing it sounded feasible. 

"You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you from the quarantine," Stiles explained, pointing frantically between the three were-creatures. Levi felt another pang in her chest and raised her hand to rub at the spot, holding on to the lockers for support.

The rest noticed this, and Stiles motioned to her to prove his point.

"Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon?" Kira questioned, not only concerned about the safety of her friends but also the safety of the whole of Beacon Hills. She knew that Scott and Malia were strong, but Levi's strength was unparalleled when she wasn't in control of her form.

"We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room," Scott pointed out, struggling to get himself to stand back up.

"A classroom is not going to hold us," Malia inferred, while a sudden thought struck Kira.

"What about the basement?"

"Too many ways out. We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us," Scott struck her idea down before Stiles looked at Levi, the most obvious solution springing into his mind.

"The vault." Levi's eyes widened as Stiles spoke out.

"The Hale vault. The Hales always have an escape route. Like their house. There has to be another way in."

Levi looked between them all. "There is."

//.//

4 chapters in less than 24 hours, crazy I know! Suddenly had the inspiration to try n get this book finished off so I'm powering through it!

The last chapters had such a huge reception and I was overwhelmed by the support all of you have provided me with, and I want to thank you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 3.9K 22
❝ Nephilim /Noun/ meaning: Those who came down from above. Half Angle, Half Human. Fallen Angles.❞ Another word: Shadowhunters: they hunt demo...
38.6K 1.3K 29
❝ promise me you'll come back ❞ the tale of two lovers that met a tragic end but together they soon find each other during endless chaos book 1 in t...
148K 4.2K 41
"you know I'm like a ghost, sometimes I have to fade, and it haunts me that I have to be this way" In which a dead girl came back to life and brou...
50K 655 12
Alyson Morgan has a secret, and no one besides her boyfriend and her friends know. Follow her life as she finally decides to step out from her little...