Chapter 22

He didn't know how it was possible but the small dark scar on the back of the beserker's arm that he could see made his last moments a complete nightmare he never thought he would ever experience.

He could barely hear Braeden speaking to him as his eyes began to close and his head started to drop, but there was only one thought left on his mind as he was dying.

That berserker, and the scar on it's arm from when it fell out of a tree and landed on wolfsbane when it was eleven, was his little sister, Levi Hale.

//.//

"Malia, wait! It's Scott. It's Scott." Stiles yelled as Kira slashed apart the bone that Malia was about to use to kill the berserker Scott. They all turned to face the boy, noticing the tattoo on his arm similar to how Kira had recognised him.

He slammed Malia to the ground, before lunging towards Liam. Liam tried to slide away but the boy grabbed him by the shirt and rammed him against the wall, slapping Stiles out of the way and onto the ground along with Kira.

"Scott? Scott, don't! Scott, it's me." Liam yelled, pressing against the alpha who was raising a hand to kill him. "Listen, listen, listen! You're not a monster!" Scott paused as he heard the familiar words, his eyes wavering a little as his thoughts were slightly coming back to him.

"You're a werewolf! Like me," Liam spoke, tears in his eyes as he looked at his alpha. Scott's eyes widened as he dropped the boy, backing off while shaking his head. 

They all watched as he started to scratch at himself and pull off layers of his warrior skin - starting with the wrist bracelets and moving on to the rest of the bones and armour. 

Eventually his hands came up to his face, grabbing on to the skull that had been forcefully pressed against his forehead. He squeezed it first, before hooking his fingers into both sides of the mask and ripped it into two halves, letting a golden light burst from it as it separated. 

All the present pack members sighed in relief as Scott stood back to normal facing them all. 

He looked at Peter, his eyes instantly narrowing. 

"Where's Levi?" He asked firstly, not taking his eyes off Peter.

//.//

"It's Levi," he muttered, as his eyes closed. "Save her."

Braeden looked towards the berserker that was fighting against Parrish, knowing that Derek was now gone. She met eyes with Chris, and ran over to him, while he covered her.

"Braeden?" He begged, hoping she was about to tell him something good at the way she had ran over to him.

"It's Levi. That berserker there, it's her!" Chris turned, knowing that the only way to bring someone back from becoming a berserker was to connect to their human side and not the animalistic one. 

Nothing else was in his mind at that moment. He forgot about his vendetta for Kate for a second. Levi Hale was going to be killed or he was going to be killed by her if he didn't figure out a way to solve this. He had already lost all of his family, his daughter having been the most recent but hurting him the most. He wasn't about to lose the closet thing he had left to family.

Holding on to his stomach wound, he clicked his gun back into place as he straightened up from leaning on the wall. He took a deep breath remembering how the last time he had seen the girl she was lying almost dead on her bed, and turned back to face Braeden.

"Cover me."

Without letting her argue, he ran towards Levi the berserker. It was like he was in slow motion as he passed Derek, knowing that if he at least couldn't save his friend, he could save her. Gulping as he approached the berserker, he lunged.