Chapter 2

The journey back for Levi was strange. There wasn't really that much room in the tall, skinny boy's jeep and her brother had passed out completely.

She was surrounded by complete strangers, yet she felt a strange attachment to the boy who seemed to be in charge. He sat beside her, five of them in the back (Derek was laying across them all) and two others arguing about leaving in the front. The boy kept rubbing her back and smiling warmly at her.

She knew he was a wolf, like her and the rest of her family. She presumed he must be an alpha, like her mother. Levi hoped her brother was getting better with his full moons; Derek still didn't have much control over them, whereas she had very good control — her anchor was her mother.

Levi watched as her brother was taken out of the car before the alpha stopped her from following after him. He looked down at Levi and noticed she was shivering, but he wasn't sure if it was from the temperature or fear.

Scott smiled at her, hiding how upset he was that she didn't know who he was. "Your brother is getting medical help from Dr Deaton-"

Levi cut him off, a slight grin appearing. "Alan!" She piped up and Scott smiled back, glad she knew who he was at least.

"Yeah. I think it's best if you stay at my house for the night, my mother makes a great lasagne." Levi nodded, not quite understanding why she couldn't just go home but she knew this boy had his reasons.

//

Scott walked in slowly, Levi trailing behind him but also on high alert like her mother taught her. The older boy knocked over a tool box and Levi jumped as an older man sprung up off the couch.

"What's with all the tools?" Scott questioned his father, Levi hiding slightly behind Scott. The older man stood up while stifling a yawn, still not having noticed Levi.

"Oh, I was just getting started on a list of repairs you guys need done," He looked at his son wearily. "What time is it?"

Scott flicked his eyes to the small clock beside him, turning it around so his father couldn't see the real time. "Midnight." The alpha answered, Levi holding on to the back of his shirt.

"We were supposed to have dinner. We had a deal. When your mom has a night shift we have dinner." Agent McCall said, sounding slightly deflated.

"Sorry, I totally forgot about it." Scott lied through his teeth. "When we got back from the camping trip we had to go straight to the animal clinic to finish up work."

His dad nodded slightly, "Tomorrow night. Please."

Scott smiled and nodded. "Great." Levi peered out from behind him.

Her eyes locked on to Scott's father's eyes and the man's smile faded instantly. She clenched on to Scott's shirt tighter and the alpha realised they hadn't been introduced.

"Dad, this is Levi, she's..." Scott trailed off, trying to think of a lie that could be told.

"Lydia's cousin." She spoke, remembering one of the names of the girls in the jeep. She wasn't sure why she felt like she had to lie about who she was but she just did.

The older man smiled slightly at her. "So, why isn't she at Lydia's?"

Scott sighed dramatically and Levi almost rolled her eyes at his acting. "Lydia's parents are out of town and they wanted her to have an adult with her in the same house, so mom said she could stay here."

Her dad nodded and said goodnight to them, Scott explaining he was going to let Levi sleep on his bed while he slept on the floor.

///

Levi sat on the bench at the local park, waiting around while Scott was out with his friend Stiles. They had hold her they were off to collect her brother.

It was just starting to get dark when she heard a familiar voice.

"Hey gorgeous!" Levi sprung up from her seat and threw herself into a hug from Kate. The older blonde smiled down at the young girl and Levi noticed her brother was beside her. She hugged him too before Derek smiled at Levi.

"We need to go visit the vault," He explained, smiling at her. "You remember where it is, yeah?"

Levi nodded and held on to Kate's hand as they headed towards the school.

////

The younger beta watched as Kate picked up the wooden Triskelion symbol. She looked down at it in disappointment.

"This is it? You're sure?" Derek nodded and Levi spoke up.

"It's what we all used."

Kate turned it upside down in the palm of her hands, narrowing her eyes at it.

"It doesn't look like much."

Levi shrugged before a voice interrupted them. "That's because it isn't." They all spun around to see someone walking towards them and although he looked many years older, Levi instantly recognised him as her uncle Peter. She sprinted towards him and wrapped her arms around his torso.

Peter rolled his eyes and patted her head. "Levi, go find Scott. He's got a gift for you." Levi grinned and ran out of the vault, latching on to Scott's scent easily.

She followed the trail before there was a loud roar and her eyes shone yellow involuntary and she instantly knew it was Scott. She flicked out her claws and ran as fast as she could towards the howl. As she was running, she sensed her brother running beside her and he too had his claws flicked out.

They reached Scott ad his friends to find them lying on the ground and being beaten up by some weird aztect creatures. Derek lunged for the first one while Levi snarled and snapped at the second one. They swiped and clawed at the creatures but didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

As one of the creatures pulled a bone out and stabbed Levi through the shoulder, Derek was thrown to the ground. As Levi howled in pain, the creatures suddenly retreated. Levi suddenly felt taller, and her teeth and eyes grew stronger.

She took up, noting she was no longer a twelve year old. Her memories came rushing back to her as she helped Derek up. They both turned around to face their pack and Levi's red eyes shone brightly, while her brother's blue eyes were now yellow.

She let out a roar, her features changing back to normal.

"Derek? Levi?"

She rushed forward and Scott caught her, hugging her tightly and burying his head in her hair.

"I thought we'd never get you back, Levi." He muttered and she rolled her eyes before moving out of the hug.

"You underestimate me."