A mermaids daughter

By samiegirl16

Since birth Hunter had been taught that humans were bad news. He finds them stupid and disgusting. So when he... More

A mermaids daughter
Chapter 3
Part 1 of chapter 4
Part 2 of Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Want to know whats taking me so long?
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10.....finally

Chapter 2

8.7K 290 37
By samiegirl16

“I told you I was fine” I told Alana as we took seats at the bar of my parents restaurant

“Yeah Yeah” Alana said, rolling her eyes as the bartender set two glasses of water in front of us “Well when you start talking about people who don’t exist we started getting worried”

“He was real” I insisted

“Uh-hu” Alana said “Sure”

I glared at her before throwing my blond hair over my shoulder in my defiant signature and looked around the room.

The restaurant was more like a beach side pub for all ages. It was more of a place for young people like myself and my friends to hang out. If I wasn’t on the beach or at school I was usually here. I couldn’t really stand being in doors, so I was glad when my parents made the front of the restaurant garage door style so that the front could open up the ocean.

“Where is Chase?” Alana asked, stirring the ice in her water absent mindedly

“He went out with the guys” I said, staring at the waves that were crashing against the shore in the moonlight “He won’t be back until later”

Alana sighed

“Stupid boys” She mumbled “They never take us anywhere”

I smiled

“They need time to” I told her

Alana glared at me

“I think they should pay more attention to us” She told me “After all, we are their reason to live”

I just smiled and rolled my eyes, Alana was so needy that I couldn’t believe it.

I turned my head to glance out at the ocean one more time and froze.

“Oh my god” I whispered, feeling my entire body go numb

“What?” Alana asked, chewing on a beer nut

“Its him” I said “The guy who saved me”

It really was, I knew those eyes the instant I saw them. He had just walked into the bar, and I swear he was even more beautiful than I remembered.

“Are you sure?” Alana asked “That guy looks like he just stepped out of a magazine”

“Its Malibu, Alana” I said “He very well could have”

The hottie that we were both gawking at now was surveying the room with a frown on his face. I couldn’t help thinking about how he managed to make a frown look sexy but what a shame it was because he was that much more good looking without it.

Suddenly those blue eyes fell on me and his frown turned into a scowl. I blushed and turned away quickly, focusing on my drink rather intently.

“Rose” Alana whispered “He’s starring at you”

“Shut up” I hissed “Turn around”

She did, smirking about it the whole time.

“Why are you acting so shy” She said “You have guys falling to your feet all the time”

“Shut up” I snapped again “Give me that menu”

She was about to hand it to me, until she froze and her smirk disappeared.  Her eyes widened as she starred at something behind me.

I didn’t really have to guess who it was; I could practically feel it in my bones.

“So it looks like your alive” A deep voice vibrated through my back. I spun around on my chair, putting on my best take it or leave it face.

“Yup” I said “Thanks by the way”

He shrugged

“Couldn’t really let you drown” He said casually “Especially with the way you were flailing around”

I felt my cheeks grow red

“Im the best swimmer in my school” I told him “I was just disoriented”

He smirked

“I would never have guessed” He told me

Oh really know?

“I could out swim you any day” I said, feeling my pride swelling up inside of me

“Yeah im sure you could” He said, leaning against the bar “I bet you can fly to”

Alana was giggling behind me. Okay this guy was seriously starting to annoy me

“I could” I said “I have record time”

“Well then let’s see this” He said “Right now”

I leaned back

“Now?” I squeaked “But it’s dark out”

He shrugged

“Lots of moonlight” He said “Come on princess are you scared?”

“Seriously?” Alana asked “She practically drowned today”

“I know” He said “I was there”

“Your insane” Alana exclaimed “You can’t seriously expect her to..”

“Il do it” I cut it

Alana stopped talking abruptly, her eyes widening in shock

“On one condition” I said

His eyes twinkled with amusement, he probably thought I was going to ask for a head start.

“And what would that be?” He asked

“Your name” I said “What is it?”

It was so simple; no one would have expected it from someone like me. But I just wanted to know his name. 

“Hunter” He said “My name is Hunter”

He extended his hand, which shocked me slightly; he didn’t strike me as the hand shake type of guy.

Non the less I took his hand and gripped it tightly.

“Rose” I told him, Hunters eyes twinkled with amusement

“I know” He said “Let’s go for a swim”

The three of us stood out on the dock, the wind was blowing, causing me to shiver in my board shorts and bikini top. Alana held my tank top and sweater in her arms.

“Okay” Hunter said “We will swim from this dock to the one over there” He pointed across harbor to the other dock, it wasn’t exactly to long of a distance, but it wasn’t short either.

“And then what?” I asked

“I will meet you over there with my car” Alana said “That way you won’t freeze”

“Let’s get this over with” I said, stamping my bare feet on the dock.

Hunter stripped off his shirt and tossed it to Alana, whose face turned red when she caught it. I tried not to gawk at his amazingly perfect abs.

“One two three” He said so fast that I didn’t even have a chance to set up my diving stance. Before I even got to the edge of the dock he was already in the water and swimming.

I swore under my breath before jumping in after him. The water was cold but the water wasn’t churning like it had been earlier. I pushed forward, determined to catch up to the annoying asshole I gave before him another reason to make fun of me.

The dark water was splashing in my face angrily but I was determined to keep my eyes open, the dock was getting closer and closer, I couldn’t see Hunter so I hoped that maybe

I had passed him and would actually beat him.

That hope was short lived because just as I reached the dock and reached out the grab the wooden deck I hand grasped mine and pulled me out of the water.

“Son of a bitch!” I exclaimed as Hunter settled me on the dock beside him

“Told ya” He said with smirk, I slammed my fists on the slick wet wood.

“I never lose!” I exclaimed “Never”

Hunter laughed, I was shocked when it felt like his laugh was sinking into my soul

“Well maybe you have finally met your match” He said “I never lose either”

Without even thinking I reached over and punched him in the shoulder. I froze when he grabbed my wrist. I thought he was going to throw it away or toss me back into the water, but instead he just starred at it, eyes wide and wondering.

“What?” I asked, trying to tug my hand free

“Have you always had this?” He asked, turning my wrist over for me to see in the moonlight. I gasped

On my wrist, just under the palm of my hand was a shiny silver patch. Hesitantly I reached out and brushed it, jerking my hand back when I felt that it was scaly.

“What the hell is this!” I shrieked, fear shooting through me.

All the laughter and sarcasm had disappeared from Hunters face; he was still starring at my wrist intently. He didn’t look surprised or afraid but he did look uncertain. I pulled my hand out of his grasp and cradled it against my chest.

“Why aren’t you freaking out?” I demanded “This isn’t natural!”

“For us it is” Hunter said, his eyes weary as he pulled them away from the black water below us

“What do you mean for us?” I asked “I just met you!”

“Rose listen to me” Hunter began “You need to stay in the water as much as possible”

“Why?” I demanded, suspicion and fear taking over “What aren’t you telling me? WHO ARE YOU!”

Hunter opened his mouth to speak again when headlights came flashing into view. Alana had showed up.

“Listen to me” Hunter hissed as Alana parked the car, he grabbed my wrists and pulled me in close “Stay in the water as much as possible, I will explain to you later but you need to trust me”

“I don’t even know you” I snapped, attempting to pull my hands away, I failed

“But I know you” Hunter said “I will find you tomorrow, but don’t tell anyone about any of this”

“Your nuts” I replied “Like actually”

“Just do it” Hunter said harshly.

Alana was walking onto the dock towards us, clothes in her arms. I was about to scream out to her that I was with a crazy guy but a splash next to me detoured my attention.

Hunter was gone.

“Rose!” Alana exclaimed “Did you seriously just push Hunter into the water?”

“N-no” I stuttered “He jumped”

“What!” Alana exclaimed “Hunter! Hunter!”

“Don’t” I said, standing up and taking my clothes out of her arms “He’s fine”

Alana gawked at me

“And how do you know?” She asked “Is he part fish?”

I didn’t know how I knew that Hunter would be alright, I just did. I also didn’t know why I know suddenly  didn’t want to tell Alana about my arm or what happened. 

“He’s swimming back over to the pub” I lied “He will be fine, come on lets go”

I led her back to the car, glancing over my shoulder every now and again just to make sure he really was gone. Hunter was totally screwed in the head, but I was sure he knew something about my wrist and I wanted to figure out how to fix it. I decided then that tomorrow I would be the one to find him instead of him finding me.

Hunter's POV

I pulled myself up on the dock on the other end of the beach. After Rose began freaking out and her annoying friend showed up i had to make an exit fast. 

I had made a rash decision in trying to get Rose to listen to me so soon without even easing her in to anything. She was right, she hardly knew me, why should she trust me? But her scales were starting to appear, i had to get her out of here fast before someone realised who she was.

When i had hauled myself onto the dock i had to concentrate hard to get my tail to turn back into legs. It was alot easier when i was dry, but i wasnt in the mood to just lay here and wait. If i had my way i wouldnt even be doing this.

But she was the princess, and if i got her back safely the queen would promote me as caption of the guard. I had no choice.

It didnt help that every time i saw her i had the urge to touch her hair. Stupid humans, trapping you with their looks when you know they are just going to stomp on your heart.

"Well look what the shark dragged in"

My head shot around just as the last of my scales dissapeared. It was Rose's annoying friends boyfriend, Troy.

"Your one to talk" I said "How long has it been since you last hand fins land lover?"

Troy tossed a pair of shorts in my directions.

"Three years" He said "But sometimes i cheat, after all, it is blazing hot here"

Troy had been playing a role as a human for the past few years to keep an eye on Rose. I was just waiting until he found me or i found him. We had been best friends when we were younger. 

"Three years to long" I told him as i tugged the shorts on "This place is hell"

"It grows on you over time" Troy said "Come on, my car is over there"

I followed him, shaking the last bit of sand out of my hair. The down falls to being on land, you go dry. 

"So" Troy said, when we had settled into his car and we driving away "Convinced Rose yet?"

I grimaced

"Are you kidding?" I said "That girl is hard to find and hard to talk to. Didnt help that your annoying girlfriend wouldnt go away"

Troy grimaced

"You get what you get" He said "I got stuck with her"

I explained to him how i had managed to get Rose into the water but that we only had a few minutes together. His face turned grim when i told him that she had started scaling.

"We need to get her out of here" He said "Its just a matter of time before people start noticing, sooner or later someone will come after her"

"I know that" I snapped "But i cant take her under water yet, she will still drown"

"I have a boat" Troy said "We can take her out on that until we reach the palace. After that all we have to do is wait for the change and then plop! toss her in"

I rolled my eyes at the way Troy talked about it, but he was right, we could take Rose out on the boat and when she was ready we could both go under, he could even come if he wanted.

"When can we go?" I asked "I dont like her sorounded by all these people"

"We can leave tommorow night" Troy said "But hey Hunt, how about you try convincing her to come with us, im not really up for kidnapping my girlfriends best friend"

Rose's Pov

The next morning I found myself walking up and down the beach restlessly. I didn’t bother taking my cell phone or telling any of my friends where I was going. Ever since last night I didn’t really want to be around anyone because I was afraid that they would catch a glimpse of my wrist which was glittering in the sunlight.

The sand was scratchy and dry under my feet; I found it extremely hot and annoying. So I was walking ankle deep in the water, much better.

I was wearing my white bikini today with a pair of black board shorts, my blond hair was hanging in loose curls down my back. It was a perfect contrast to my tan skin which was a result from all the hours I spent outside. I was an active girl.

Though the sun was bothering me today, even in the morning light I felt like it was too hot and that it was burning me. For the first time In a long time I actually put sun screen on.

I was getting to the point that I was about to turn around and go back inside when I saw someone walking towards me from the other end of the beach. I could tell by the blond hair and the body that it was Hunter, even though he scared me and confused me, I suddenly felt more at ease and happier to see him.

“You don’t look so good” He commented when we were just a few feet apart. I made a face at him

“Then sun is really hot” I said “I’m not feeling to well”

Hunter frowned, his ocean blue eyes turning stormy

“I told you to stay in the water” He said

“I don’t see why I have to” I snapped “I’m human after all, water is just for fun”

Hunter snorted, you would think that something like that would be a turn off, but not on him. It actually frustrated me that I couldn’t figure him out.

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on or not?” I demanded “Because I have way better things to do then just stand in the ocean all day”

“I bet you do” Hunter replied icily, surveying the ocean in front of us “Playing with your little human friends”

“Huh?” I asked, who said things like that “Okay dude either you start talking or I start walking, and believe me, I can run fast”

Hunter’s eyes sparkled mischievously

“Want to race again?” He asked

“No!” I exclaimed “I just want to know why the hell im growing scales and why you’re so weird!”

“Well its obvious isn’t it?” Hunter said “You’re a mermaid” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 394 25
(Book #1 in 'The Fin Series') [COMPLETED] Taylor Aurelia, daughter of Queen Aurelia of one of the Seven Kingdoms of the Seven Seas, is a Mer Princess...
785 28 25
Tension between mermaids and humans had always been high, especially after the queen of the mermaids had been killed by humans, regardless that it wa...
13.5K 568 22
Angel Starlight is a normal girl who gets an opportunity to go on a yacht for a project. Angel meets two girls, who turn out to be the ones she's par...
19.5K 741 49
Rose knew she isn't normal. And neither was her family. Like which family force their daughter to live alone and change her house every single fuckin...