The Hope of an Elemental Nymp...

By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

I was always told that I was meant to do great things when the time came. I was taught things that I thought... More

The Hope of an Elemental Nymph (LOTR Fanfic)
Somewhat of an Important Note *Please read
History of the Elemental Nymph's
Chapter Two: The Cabin
Chapter Three: Princesses and Black Holes
Chapter Four: New Worlds and Healing the Wounded Hobbit
Chapter Five: The Man and the Broken Blade
Chapter six: Confessions and the Council for the One Ring
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven: Farewells and Crebain from Dunland
Chapter Eight: The pass of Caradhras
Author's Note

Chapter One: Unpleasant Dreams

1.5K 63 9
By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

I want to say Thanks to @LionheartedGirl_  who commented first. It means a lot to me.
Enjoy.

______

Chapter One: Unpleasant Dreams

I stared out the window as the rain gently tapped against the glass in a rhythmic pattern. Other cars flew past, splashing water from their back tires onto this busy road with a slick sloshing sound. Annoyingly my guardian, Melona continued to drive at her snail of a pace. All it was doing is prolonging the time to our house.

A recent rain storm made Melona, and her husband, Carvis, more cautious of their surroundings.  Within the last few days Melona started making sure all of the doors and all of the windows are locked before going to bed. She now always is making sure that I am always home on time, and not out past curfew.

She seems to becoming paranoid, almost like there is someone coming after them, us. Sometimes when they think that I cant hear them, they will talk about a 'great evil' returning, but by then they will realize I heard them and stop talking about it.

Sighing, I ignore the raging curiosity that has been burning within me, demanding that I ask what's going on before its too late. Something always tells me to stop, just before I get enough courage to go up and ask about it. They just say its nothing and bring up the annual trip to the cabin.

Ah the cabin, the one place that I truly feel like myself. Surrounded by the forest, lakes and ponds, having campfires every night. I always get to practice my archery in the forest with the watchful eyes of Carvis.

We will be starting to pack for the holidays tonight,  and then heading to the so called "family airloom" to spend a week there. Both Carvis and Melona have been hammering me about being safe, and that something will happen on this trip that's important. constantly being the ominous ones.

I just think that they had wanted to escape and go on a holiday without any one bothering us.

Melona has been having to scold me a lot more because I have been getting into some fights at school about being different,  unusual. I keep acting like it doesn't bother me, but then again, I have learned to shut down my emotions and act indifferent.

A trait that I had apparently inherited from my dad, Melona told me when she had first noticed how withdrawn I was towards her and everyone else at one point.

Sometimes I wish that we could go back into time and avoid the situations that got us to where we are today, but I know that its impossible, so I don't drag out that possibility.

Melona always said that everything happens for a reason, and its on us whether or not we choose to accept it.

Like loosing those who I thought were my friends hurts, but its something that you just need to forget to move on with our lives.

Sometimes I had hoped that they were just giving me some space, but I knew better when they ignored my texts and phone calls. even when they had started to avoid me in general, I knew the truth. I had sucked it up and hid my emotions making me look like I didn't care. But inside it felt like I was suffocating, dying from the inside out from lack of circulation.

Finding a group of friends were hard enough as it is since I am shy and normally unwanted for being weird. Weird only because my guardians 'came up' with a language that's not used here, so they tell me. That's why I highly cherished the group of friends that I had, and I thought they had at least the guts to tell me straight that they didn't like me.

Shaking my head slightly, I drew faces on the window revelling on the coolness of the glass pressed against my warm fingertips. Glancing at Melona from the corner of my eye, I noticed her frowning at me disapprovingly in the rear view mirror.

The look wasn't totally disapproving, it held caution and a small about of fear. Those two emotions are enough to fear what is going on through her head. About what she's cautious and fearful about I'm not to sure.

I just rolled my eyes and continued drawing on the window ignoring my guardian's reprimanding looks.

Our relationship has became tense lately, always fighting. Whether its about what I can or cannot do, or if I didn't place something back exactly the way it was, or if I didn't get a perfect grade like she wanted me to get, or I mess up on the 'language' that Both Carvis and her are teaching me.

Sometimes the pressure gets to me making me scream into my pillows when Carving and Melona leaves the house for their office job. Once again leaving me alone to be haunted by my thoughts and memories and making them prove themselves real and not a nightmare.

A nightmare that I keep reliving over and over again not stopping.

They are so vivid sometimes I think that they are memories and flashbacks, not just some made up stimulation in my head.

~~

"You can't catch me Ada!" (father) A small child's voice calls out, echoing throughout the castle like building. Stone walls, torches lined up against the wall that seemed that they would never burn out. Ice chandeliers hung from the banisters that lined the ceilings.

The room I was in seemed like an old library filled with old unused parchments papers, Scrolls and leather bound books. Dust layered the top shelves, giving me the invitation to say that they haven't been opened in a while. Some even most likely forgotten till they are needed again.

Candles and the few torches were the only things giving off a soft homely like glow to the room.

I noticed a small shadow coming towards my direction making me want to hide so can be out of sight but I couldn't move. It was almost as if I was forcibly glued down to the ground.

Feeling a small Stab of panic pass through me, I wait in a painful suspense till the figure came around the corner.

Relief was the only thing I could feel as the form of a young but familiar face came around the corner of the bookshelf making a small gasp escape past my sealed lips once I had a good look at her.

She looked like me, a young version of me looking around the tender age of six.

She comes to a stop, hiding behind the shelf labeled healing.

All of a sudden her familiar bright blue eyes snapped straight to mine.

Gasping, I lurch forward in my seat, the belt holding me back. My eyes snapped open as I look around in a rush only to realize that I fell asleep in the car.

With my heart still beating with a surprising speed I began looking outside of the car window.  I noticed the completely new terrain. Furrowing my eyebrows knowing that this was not our house, nor anywhere near it, I give a nervous glace to Melona hoping we're not lost. 

My eyes focused in the review window to see Melona to see her looking back at me,  her lip nervously.

“Where are we?” I question slightly unsure.

She averts her eyes not saying anything, making me sigh disappointed.

The soothing hum of the car was becoming calming, making me bask in the silence.

The dream was so realistic, like my subconscious was trying to tell me something, or get me to remember something that I had forgotten.

Ignoring those disastrous thoughts, I take my iPod from my pocket slipping my ear buds in my ears, hitting play.

Something good is going to come from moving here, but I have a bad feeling that something is going to change me here, making my many walls fall down around me. I thought, before focusing on the music that was pounding in my ears.

A small smile graced my lips when I recognized one of my favourite songs. “Fix You” by Coldplay.

“When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse”

Sometimes I regret the decisions of shutting down, hiding my emotions and putting on an emotionless mask. Sometimes I want to curl up on Melona's lap and cry, going back to being somewhat normal. Wanting the guardian back who would sing me to sleep at night, or would joke around all the time.

The thing is I don't act upon these thoughts, never have and probably never will. They course through my mind changing my thoughts but I never do anything about them. I know we wouldn't be able to go back to what it was. Neither of us has the strength to move on quite yet.

“And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?”

Something is going on, something huge and I plan on finding out.  Even if that means waiting until the car stops, I will.

"Do you really think that they deserve the forgiveness that they got?" The seven year old child, Delilmalia questioned after being read the history of the Elemental Nymphs.

"Well, what do you think?" Her guardian, Melona asks softly.

"I don't really know. I mean they left them to die when they knew that they needed help, but the Nymph's gave them forgiveness. I don't think that they deserved it." She replies with the same amount of softness in her voice, almost afraid to break the soothing but sophisticated atmosphere of her bedroom.

"My dear Delilmalia, what about those who didn't know about the attack. What about the mothers and children who couldn't fight? The only ones who would have known about the attack would be the leaders, their King's. You wouldn't want to let others suffer for the mistakes of their leader, would you?" Melona said reminding her that there wasn't just men there.

Melona pulls the blanket up to the young child's chest, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as the little girl thought about what was said.

"I guess not." Delilmalia admits ducking her head slightly, ashamed of her thoughts.

"Now little one, you are allowed of your opinions, but think about things as everything has consequences." Melona explained, a bit of warning leaking into her voice. "Now rest, for tomorrow is a new day." She finishes, planting a kiss on Delilmalia's forehead.

"Meli?" The young girl calls before Melona could leave the room.

"yes my child?" She asks, turning to look at Delilmalia who's bright blue eyes were looking at her curiously.

"Do you think that the royal family didn't die and are waiting for the princess to come home?" Delilmalia asks making Melona's heart clench in pain. "What about the princess? Will she ever return home?" The child continues oblivious as to the strain that was put on her guardian at these innocent but hurtful questions.

"All in do time my child, all in do time." Melona answers ominously, shutting the door behind her leaving the wooden door to bang closed echoing throughout the room, destroying its once soothing nature.

The child laid all alone with only the colors coming from the nightlight to gently soothe her to sleep.

Closing my eyes to force back another memory, I nod once to my self, making a promise. I need to find out what's happening, even my memories are coming back to haunt me for something I can't remember.

I need to find it out for me.

"Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you"

___________

I hope you like it, it's a little rough around the edges, but then again I know you all are anxious just to get to the action, but I ensure you that it will be within a few chapters. I just need to set a few things set up to get things rolling.

In this chapter you got to see a little bit inside of her mind, as much as you could get in this smallish chapter. Please COMMENT & VOTE.

Let me know how you liked it!

Thanks my Little Cupcakes, till next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.4K 32
You've heard the story of the 13 Dwarfs, the wizard and the Hobbit right? Well they left out one thing, the Unexpected Member of the Company. I was t...
156K 6.3K 40
LEGOLAS/OC. MOVIE VERSE. Desperate to save her father, Anastasia made a grave choice and struck a deal that eventually led her to be banished to Midd...
10.1K 240 17
Aura Thranduilion As a young elf, you were different then most wood elves. Most people didn't care of it. You weren't aware of the curse you were bor...
23.9K 599 20
~*book 1 in the 𝑴𝒐𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍 trilogy*~ 𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒌𝒂 𝑪𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒍 was a normal girl who loved to read books and have fantasies about unre...