Criminal (Liam Payne Fan Fict...

By xOneDirectionHeavenx

Something big is happening. Nothing I ever expected. I was brought into this type of world so quickly, my own... More

Criminal (Liam Payne Fan Fiction)
Sneak Peek!!!
Update!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Update 2!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Update 3! (IMPORTANT)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
MY CONCERT!
Chapter 17

Chapter 1

1.7K 54 7
By xOneDirectionHeavenx

Valentine's Day has come again. Everyone at Monroe High is in a good mood and nothing could ruin this day.

"Hey girl," Emma said happily as we air kissed each other's cheeks.

"Hey," Candy said and gave me a smile.

"Hey girls, so why are you two so happy?" I joked

"Ha, ha, ha very funny Laura," Candy said and put her hands on her hips.

"It's Valentine's Day! Jonathan gave me a rose," Emma awed.

"Derek gave me a small box of chocolates," Candy blushed.

I, Laura Tellings, on the other hand am a single pringle. But I love seeing love. The way two people look into each other's eyes, the way couples flirt and playfully push each other. That's going to happen to me and my special someone. But I'm perfectly fine being single right now.

"Nothing can ruin this day!" I said, excitedly as I closed my locker and put my purse over my shoulder.

"Uh oh," Emma said and Candy pressed her lips together.

The hallway went silent. Everyone there stood to the side. There he was.....Liam Payne. The school's bad boy. He been to prison eighteen times. Apparently he was charged for rape, murder, and drug dealing, but no one knows for sure. Every student didn't want to be that one person to piss him off because of his reputation.

He wore a Miami Heat jersey, black skinny jeans, white high tops, a snapback, and black ray bands. He stopped for a moment and turned his head to the right, looking at a group of nerds. He snickered and lunged towards them as they hit the lockers behind them. He laughed and shook his head.

"Pathetic," he laughed and started to walk again.

"I thought he was suspended," Emma stated, but Candy and I kept silent.

His gaze went to us. Once he was in front of us he stopped and looked at me. He pulled his ray bands to the tip of his nose and gave me a quick wink. He put them back on and kept walking. Once he was gone everyone slowly started moving back to where they were and going on with their day.

"What was that all about?" Candy asked.

"I don't know, but let me tell you this. The criminal's back," I said and Emma agreed.

"Honestly though why the hell would Principal Edgar let him back in after all the crimes he has done?" Emma asked.

"He was pleaded not guilty for the rapes and murders, but was pleaded guilty for the vandilism, which clearly isn't a big deal towards the principal," I clarified.

"But still, if I were in charge, I wouldn't even let Liam take one step into this school," Candy said as we walked to lunch.

"How's he going to effect our lives? It's not like we were told to monitor him or have every single class with him," Emma exclaimed as she held open the door to the cafeteria.

Our lunch room is the same as every high school's. Each of the groups sit together like populars with populars and nerds with nerds. You get my point. We walked to our normal table and sat down together. Then, Derek and Jonathan came to the sides of their girlfriends in a matter of seconds. Right after, another three jocks came and sat with us.

"So Johny boy whatcha think of old Payne coming back, huh?" Marcus asked, chewing his gum loudly.

"Honestly Marcus, I don't give a crap. Everyone's only afraid of him because of his track record with the police. If he wanted to do a real crime why not rob somebody, then everybody will give two shits about him," he laughed, but all of us stayed quiet.

Tommy, one of the jocks who came and sat with us, cleared his throat loudly. We all looked behind Jonathan and there stood Liam in a rage. He wasn't even blinking, he just kept a cold hard stare at Jonathan.

"Why don't you entertain me and repeat what you just said, punk!" Liam said getting into Jonathan's face.

"Such big words coming from a small man or should I say boy," Jonathan chuckled as he stood up, staring down at Liam. He was right though. He was six foot six and Liam was probably around five foot ten. The jocks at the table oo'ed and high fived each other.

"Why don't you get a dictionary and look up the word criminal," he said and shooed Liam away, but he didn't go. He stood his ground and everyone at our table knew this was going to end badly.

"Why don't you get a dictionary and look up idiot. I'm pretty sure I saw your picture next to the word," Liam grinned.

That's when it started. Jonathan cracked his neck and shoved Liam back into one of the drama geeks. Liam slowly took a few steps toward Jonathan and pushed him into Emma. Then, that's where the fight broke out. Jonathan tried to punch Liam, but Liam ducked and picked Jonathan up. He threw him to the ground hard and everyone, finally, noticed that there was a fight going on. Students created a circle around the two as they tried to pin each other down.

"Fight! Fight!" The students chanted and got their phones out, starting to record what was happening. Liam got on top of Jonathan and started punching him repeatedly. Blood was all over the floor and some splattered on the seats. Finally, a teacher came running in trying to pry Liam off of Jonathan, but he wouldn't budge.

"Liam! Stop this right now!" She screamed, but it was useless. He wasn't going to listen to her.

"Stop! Please! Liam!" Jonathan begged, but Liam kept punching and I could tell that his punches were getting harder.

"Liam! Stop!" I said and he looked at me. His hand in a fist up in the air and his other hand holding Jonathan's white shirt. Jonathan took this as an oppurtunity to tackle Liam and he did. Jonathan threw Liam against the column and punched him hard in the face and stomach.

"Jonathan! Stop!" Emma screamed, trying to pull Jonathan away, but it was no use. Liam grabbed Jonathan's neck and started pushing him away. The doors to cafeteria sprang open and in came Principal Edgar and the gym teacher. They grabbed the two boys and pulled them away from each other.

"Your not so tough without your pitty little gang huh?! They abandoned you like everyone else! They left you and now you're alone! That's how you're going to live the rest of your life Payno! Alone!" Jonathan laughed.

"Take that back!" Liam lunged towards him, but Principal Edgar held him into a tight grip.

"That's enough from the both of you. Jonathan you earned yourself three detentions and you can forget about playing in the basketball game next week!" Principal Edgar said in a stern voice.

"But next week are the finals! You can't do this to me. You can double my detentions!" Jonathan begged, but Principal Edgar shook his head.

"You should've thought about that before you started a fight,''he stated.

"I didn't start-" Jonathan started, but Principal Edgar cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it! Get cleaned up and take your team with you," he shooed them away as he released Liam.

"As for you Mr.Payne you are here by suspended from school. And it's a shame that it was on your first day back," he pouted.

"Whatever," Liam shrugged and walked out of the cafeteria. Emma, Candy, and I were in total shock. What in the actual hell did we just witness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey daddy," I waved as I walked into the police station.

"Pumpkin!" He smiled and picked me up into a big hug. "How was school today?" He asked.

"Nothing much really happened except for a fight at school during lunch," I replied.

''Glad you came here tonight, you don't know how much this job means to me," he laughed.

"I do know dad!" I laughed with him and pushed him playfully. I handed him a plastic container filled with pasta and a beer with it that mom made for dinner.

"How come you never are home at night?" I asked.

"I live for the thrill Laura and you know that. And the best criminals come out at night!" he smiled and shook his head. "This is where I get the most money too," he finished and put the container on the table with the beer I brought for him.

"The fight was between Jonathan and Liam," I pointed out and he froze. I could see in the reflection of the window that his smile turned into a frown and he slowly rose his head up.

"Payne?" He asked and I replied with a nod.

"Laura, I'm warning you right now that no good is coming from him. I'm asking for you and your friends to stay away from him. You don't know what he's like," he said and unwrapped a plastic fork.

"He's nothing, but trouble and you're not allowed to be near or seen with him," he warned.

"Dad I believe there's good nature in everybody and there's nothing you can do to make sure I can't be seen with him! I go to school with him for god's sake!" I raised my voice and my dad shook his head.

"Laura I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you to listen to me," he stated and lifted up his dinner from the table.

"Dad! This isn't fair!" I screamed as he started pacing back and forth.

"Well you know what Laura! Life isn't fair!" He yelled back and ran his hand through his hair. "I swear to god if I see him or even catch a glimpse of him around you, I will snap his neck," he threatned. He turned around, ready to walk up the stairs to his office.

"You can't make my decisions! You can't walk away from the problem thinking that it's going to be okay. Dad, I love you, but I'm not five years old anymore...." I finished and he stopped in his tracks.

He stood there for a good five minutes and he turned his head towards me slowly. "I'm doing this to protect you. I know what people like him have done and will do. You need to understand that Laura. This job isn't easy," he spoke and I could tell that he chose his words carefully.

"You arrest people all the time, what makes this time different?" I asked him.

He swallowed hard and pulled me into a tight hug. One arm was on my back, the other on the back of my head.

"You're my only daughter....I only want what's best for you. That's why I want you to stay away from him." He said softly and kissed the top of my head.

He walked to his office and I was in the middle of the police station. I looked at him and he returned the stare as he shut the door to his office. I looked at the entrance to the station and there I saw him. Standing there, looking at the ground with a smirk on his face. He was standing tall and shaking his head. He finally looked up and turned all of his attention towards me.

A man held one of Liam's wrist as they started walking to what looked like an interrogation room. We kept the stare as they stopped in front of the room.

"Wait here," the man said as he walked into the room with another officer in it.

"Whatever," Liam snorted as he kept looking at me. He leaned against the wall and turned his head, observing me. He narrowed his eyes and bit his lip as the man came out of the room.

"Come on," the man said and brought Liam into the room. The man looked at me and shook his head, telling me to stay away from him, but how could I if everywhere I look I see Liam. With that he shut the door to the room and my thoughts.

Then, I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around and there I saw my dad.

"Laura I think it's time for you to go home. I'll see you in the morning," he said and pointed his finger to the exit.

I looked at him, then at Liam through the window. He had the same cold, hard stare that he gave me before he got into the interrogation room. His eyes narrowed and he lifted up his head a little as he sat back into the chair.

"Officer Tellings, Liam Payne is in custody for attempted burglary," an officer said as he didn't break eye contact with my dad.

"He tried robbing a jewelry store with a small bag full of bracelets and necklaces, well worth over twenty thousand dollars." The officer added.

"What are we suppose to do with him? He can't stay here, all the holding cells are filled up until tomorrow morning." My dad said as he looked at Liam.

"We'll have to let him off with a warning," the officer said and put his hands on his hips.

"Again! It's always the same with this one!" He gestured his hand towards Liam.

"What does he mean?" I asked the officer as I looked at Liam.

"That's enough of you Laura! Go home, now!" He ordered.

"Dad I-" I started, but my dad shook his head in a disapproval way.

"Laura we'll talk about this tomorrow morning. I need you to go home," he said in a calmer tone as he lead me to my car outside.

"I love you, good night," he said as he walked back into the station.

I got into the car and drove back home. What's the deal with my dad and Liam? I know Liam has bad history with the cops, but why does my dad want me to stay away? It's not like bad boys are my type.......or are they?

Author's Note: Surprise! I decided to upload it a day early Ah!!!! So.....How's your life? LOL! Anyways, how'd you like this chapter? It's just the beginning *wink* *wink* 2nd chapter's coming next week maybe Wednesday, if not, then definitely Friday! Glad you guys have been waiting for this, now the rollercoaster has started and it's going to be a wild ride! Check out my other stories "Where We Are" , "Paint Me A Picture", "Grease", and "The Purge" ! I love all the support and I can't believe this has gotten over 1,000 reads! No bragging intended. Comment your thoughts, vote, and follow! Love every single one of you tacos!

Hint for Chapter 2: Expect the unexpected! Dun dun duh!!!!!

P.s.- How do you like the new cover?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 247 19
Emma and her mom use to be close. Till her mom married her step-dad. He didn't like that Emma was there and staling all the attention away from him;...
13.8K 557 64
The world finds odd ways to put people together. For them, it was PR. ~ She walked along the shore, the humid air, feeling much colder next to the b...
309K 7.7K 74
you meet harry in an unlikely way. you go from fan girl to performer? here's ur story :) lmao i told u guys in the first chapter it won't be that lon...
34K 193 20
One Direction fan-fiction and preferences and also imagines about what you would do if you are with them oh if only it was real I hope you enjoy this...