Never Meant to be [Rewrite of...

By SilverLove

Cecilia Sophie was meant to marry a man she never met by her forceful parents, but that was the last straw. I... More

Never Meant To Be [Preface]
Never Meant To Be [1] The Arrangements
Never Meant To Be [2] The Escape
Never Meant To Be [3] Into the Unknown
Never Meant to Be [4] Vanishing point
Never Meant To Be [5] The Deal
Never Meant To Be [6] New Life
Never Meant To Be [7] Dare You
Never Meant To Be [9] The Wolf Prince

Never Meant To Be [8] Amber Eyes

1.9K 46 3
By SilverLove

RECAP:

-------------------------------------------

"W-what have you done to m-me?" I stuttered out while my breath was ragged. He only smirked in response while lifting my body to his chest.

"What am I?" The question came out lowly as my eyes drifted downward barely able to see him now. His lips twisted upward at this, leaning in toward me before I had been swallowed into darkness.

"A demon love, but not just any, the lord of them all.

-------------------------------------------

Bright, glistening light shone through the dark heavy curtains as I stirred in my sleep, slowly lifting my eyes into the blinding light. Stretching my arms while my eyes lazily peered about my surroundings in a leisurely manor. It seemed I wasn't in the woods, nor was I even outside at that matter. I had the dream again, about the flowers in the woods where winter had touched the earth with her icy hands. It wasn't a rarity to see this dream form time to time, but it was odd. I hadn't had that dream since I was ten, and so far I have avoided form having it since.

A few days have gone by since the incident between Wrath and I. It was still a complete blur to me after I had passed out and didn't remember much. All I can recall was the dinner itself, and the little argument as you could call it but after that, it just wisped away. Yet despite my lack of memory we've avoided each other since then. When I'd go to clean his room he was either gaze through the window or someplace else so not to run into each other. Though I know there was one sure thing I was sure of, I don't know if I could think of him the same again.

The man was a demon, a being that my mother would tell me in order to get me to bed. It was strange to tell the true, seeing I was raised to believe they were just myths. Yet, it seemed I was proven wrong.

Alyssa and Millie had tried vigorously informed me about what happen after I'd passed out but nothing sparked any memories, just nothing. Though they did apologize for not telling me what Wrath was, they had a valid reason. It seemed before I had arrived o the manor wrath had informed his servant to not say a thing about his identity and swore if one were to tell that harsh consequences would fallow soon after. I inwardly shivered at this, feeling sorry that the girls were forced to keeping their mouths shut.

'Maybe that escape plan at the begging was such a bad Idea .' I thought silently to myself, recalling what the girls had told me after I had woken up from my daze.

Apparently he being a demon wasn't all that he was. It seemed he was also happen to be the king here, and ruled over this place called "Alisn" which happen to stretch out so far that would make my own father green with envy. When I had asked how he became king, Alyssa told me about the two different theory that told either he killed the last kind out of cold blood or was given the kingdom since the last king had an illness.

Of course though Millie had to add that perhaps he fell for a tyrant kings daughter who'd rather see her suffer than let her love Wrath. A part of me felt revolted at the thought of him in love. Can he even love? That was a mystery I was rather curious about.

I also recalled giving a disgusted look at this; yet only find that Alyssa and Millie found it rather cute. When I had asked why they stated that perhaps I was jealous of this. I remembered how my words suddenly began to trip over themselves, trying to retain some control as I pleaded my case. This was the time I found out that Millie was a forbidden romance lover and started proclaiming how cute it was that I couldn't confess my love for Wrath as I inwardly gagged. She even tried to state that there was a spark of love echoing in my eyes as I snorted at her ridiculous remark.

Thankfully though, I was able to manage to claim that was fear rather than love, and thus ended the conversation there. At the time, I didn't know what to say and blurted out the first word that came to mind.

'Fear...' That's one way to describe my feelings towards him. Fear.

Looking into the mirror, I see the tiredness within my eyes, but other than that my youth was still there. Even though I've been serving someone you'd think your youth would have disappeared at the very word.

Twisting my hair into a bun, I take a red encrusted pin to hold my hair. After fixing my hair I applied just a dab of blush and a peachy tone to my lips, matching it perfectly just to hint the fullness of my lips. Wrath made it clear to me his so call friends from his council would arrive shortly, and he wanted me to stand by his side and if I do quote 'look pretty'.

"Cecilia come on! Master Wrath's guests are here!" Alyssa whispered hastily through the door, waiting for me to unlock it.

Unbolting it I was greeted with the panicking face of Alyssa, who instead of telling me if I looked like fool, just griped my arm and drags me down stairs to where Wrath was standing, his features radiating irritation.

"You're late, now you must apologize to our guest once we enter the studies, understood?" His voice hissed menacing, causing me to wearily nod my head before he roughly pulled my hand into the halls that lead to one of his studies. When we had arrived to the room though, I found myself petrified as I realized how many people where inside.

The room was buzzing with murmurs and whispers when we entered which quickly made the noise turn to silence. Peering I spot eleven people all gathered about the room, staring at me with unreadable expressions. I had expected at least two or three people when he mentioned a couple friends would come over but not like this!

Shivering, my eyes scanned around the room as I found all the face equally beautiful in their own way as each gaze reflected a supernatural coloring that no human could posses. It seemed the day I found out demons were real I suddenly find myself surrounded by them.

Nervously scanning the room, I tried to memorize the face when I suddenly came upon one that caught my eye.

His eyes were a to painfully beautiful amber that looked almost wolf like while his hair was a toasty, golden brown that fell over his left eye a little. Another thing was his that body was well built to perfection that would make any girl go weak need at the sight. I could feel my self-shiver when his amber eyes graced my form, watching as I tried hard not to squirm under those amber eyes. My eyes finally met his and for a moment I felt my heart skip a beat while butterflies fluttered within my stomach. I was brought back to the door when Wrath had suddenly spoke.

"I'm sorry for the tardiness, but Miss Cecilia here happened to take longer than I expected." Wrath's eyes were over my form, making that flutter feeling that was in my stomach twist in dread. I knew what he expected, and I just didn't know how to address it. Yet, seeing it was my fault for being late I would have to apologize for my unpunctuality.

"I apologize for my lateness. Everyone, I didn't not mean to make you wait in your leisure." I did a curtsy, remembering those lady classes that my mother had made me practice since I was able to walk. With that the guest began to mingle, talking of taxes and encounters of some things that quite frighten me.

'How old are they..100?..200?!' I thought as I glanced around from where I stood, seeing that Wrath was conversing with some men along with the amber eyed angel. When those eyes landed on me I quickly glanced away, not knowing why the room suddenly felt like it was burning as I tried to find a way to occupy myself.

"Cecilia dear!" A light appealing voice rang, caching my attention as I twirled around to see five ladies all sitting in some chairs that faced each other, waving at me with kind smiles. It seemed they were the only group of females in the room.

"Care to join us?"

------------------------------------------------------

-Normal Prov-

-----------------------------------------------------

"She's a guest here. I found her one night in my forest." Wrath explained dully, his tone bored as he lightly twirled his wine in his hand. Yet kept his eye on her as she laughs with the wives of the council. It was soothing to his ears compare to the others.

"Really now? It's quite rare to find lovely creatures like that in the woods. You'd think she'd stick to the light than wonder through such a place." The silvered haired man sipped some dark red substance within his glass, something he did every day. It was a liquid that kept him healthy and alive.

"You have a quick eye Salem. But I don't think Wrath's angel knows it. Otherwise, why would he have gone through all the trouble he has?" Another man beside Wrath chuckles while Wrath gazed towards Cecilia's smiling form. "I mean, waiting after all those years like a stalker-"

"Jace." He looked over to his friend, his eyes hardening as the man named Jace merely laughed at his Wrath's reaction. Wrath had to keep himself from an uncharacteristic eye roll as he took another sip of

"It was a joke my friend." He said simply, enjoying is white wine as he patted Wrath on the shoulder in a brotherly manor. "Learn to live a little."

Wrath had to inwardly smile at this, agreeing with his childhood friend as he continued to watch the girls chat among themselves. Deep down he wished he could make her feel comfortable around him, but he knew it be a challenge.

She'd find out sooner or later.

Unaware that he wasn't the only one watching, Wrath turned back to his friends and began to discuses some topics that involved his kingdom. With amber eyes hungrily taking in Cecilia 's form in a different perspective, it would seem that things would begin to heat up soon.

---------------------------------------------

-Cecilia Prov-

---------------------------------------------

All the girls were rather rebellious than you'd think for council wives. They usually all fight with their husbands at least twice every day. I had laughed throughout the entire chat when they did impressions of their dotting men.

"Salem is such a womanizer, how can you bare to control his behavior Isis?" Elena pondered with a playful nudge, making the other laugh at the Elena's gesture.

"Quite simple, you just tell him he'd have to sleep in the sun unless he behaves himself. That's all to it my dears!" The girls giggled at this, sneaking glances to a man with silver hair who was too busy talking with some jolly looking men and Wrath, who for a second glanced my way but looked away quickly before our eyes ever made contact.

"So Cecilia, how is you visit been here at Wrath's manor? Not To rowdy I hope." Della winked, causing my face to instantly flush to a dark rosy blush, seeing what she was hinting at. How come every were I went, someone would think we were into each other? I was starting to find this ludicrous!

"Oh come now Della, she's only what? Sixteen? Still a bit young to do such a thing with Wrath. I can see it when she's seventeen but sixteen is a bit hasty." Rosa remarked with her soft hazel eyes looking at my blushing form; smiling like an angel that god had dropped from the heavens. It amazed me how slender her form was, as well the coloring of her fair snow kissed skin.

"Well moving on, what might you be Cecilia?" Marla inquired with a hollow smile, one that almost seemed forced from my view. When I had first arrived at the group this woman stayed away from me like I was the pledge. Yet, now that I had been seating next to the girls for a while it seemed she wanted her far share of questions to be answered.

"What do you mean?" I questioned as I set my tea to the side, perplexed by her sentence.

"Are you part angel or vampire-" She began, listing all the supernatural being that existed in this realm as her eyes sparked with curiosity.

"I'm human" I smiled seeing her eyes widen at my statement. At first I found nothing wrong with proclaiming my race yet when she suddenly clenched her fist together I found that perhaps stating it so bluntly was the best answer. Without warning, she slammed her fist into the armchair out of rage.

"Surely this can't be right! Look at you; you must be a fallen then." She hissed through clench teeth, green eyes turning dark as she studied my features with a sneer. It seemed when she made such a face it took her beauty away and left a foul image of blood lusted creature.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" I was getting fed up with this. I didn't understand why she was patronizing me so but I shouldn't have to deal with a possible

"Girls come down!" Della roared, glaring between the two of us before her eyes focused on Marla. "Marla If you won't be polite to her than go. We don't need your foolishness to cause uproar again." Della scolded while lifting a finger and shook it like Marla was some child who was having a fit.

Shoving her nose up into the air, Marla agilely left the group, sneering at the others before she sauntered to the other side to a man who was playing cards. As she left, I caught the twitch of a lean back object behind her and realized that it was a tail.

Shaking my head, I turned back to the girls with a quizzical expression. "What did she mean? I told her the truth."

"We are all a different race and she can't stand that a human like yourself could get so close to Wrath." Della smiles fondly at my words, standing up to as the men begin to leave the room.

"Then what are you then? I'm just little curious" I ask sheepishly watching them all rising from their seats as well.

"Don't worry about it. Elena is a werewolf while Rosa and I are part angel, part demon. Isis is a pure blooded vampire while as you can See-" Della pointed over to Marla's form. "Marla's a full-blooded panther demon." She finished then looked around till she spotted her man, who must have been her husband, waving for her to come.

"Well love, it was nice meeting you. Come over to our estates some time ok?" She handed me a paper with an address and waved good-bye, leaving me at the door of the studies. It was silent for a bit, allowing me to sigh as relished the silence. Back in the time my family hosted parties; I would always attend and have to endure crowds as random guest would question me about pointless things. For once, I didn't mind attending this little gathering, seeing I finally enjoyed something that didn't involve dull discussions that would bore me to death.

Sighing, I was about to leave as well when a voice from behind halted my steps.

"So this is the infamous Cecilia no?" The tone's vibration within my ear caused me to unwilling shiver at the impact, making me turn to meet the same amber eyes that I notice when I had entered the very room."What a pleasure to meet you at last." The man's hand lifted my chin in order to view his perfectly sculpture face, seeing no trace of viewable emotion. His thumb ghosts over my bottom lip, sending a chill throughout my body.

'Ice... His hands are like Ice...' I thought; shocked as I felt the urge to rip my hand away from him. Yet, when I tried to regain my hand I found myself drifting the lids of my eyes began to drop. Fighting the urge to close my eyes, I felt the sensation of something cold against my lips.

Lifting my downcast eyes, I see the man's had closed the distance between us as he kissed me. It was a chaste kiss that only lasted for a moment but it was enough to surprise me was I stared wide eyed at the man. When he pulled away I noticed that he sported a grin along his lips as his eyes glimmered with amusement.

"Looks like we didn't make your man to happy now eh?" It took me a second to register what had happen, dazed and out of it but was brought back when Wrath's violet eyes shone through the open doors.

He was right on that. He didn't seem too happy...not in the least bit that is.

--------------------------------------------

Its now 12:05 where I'm at and I'm stating to fall asleep. I'll see about posting another chapter before I go to bed but I don't know yet :)

Thank you for reading and also for the wonderful comments!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.6K 5
NON-TEEN)* Adding chapters back one at a time. He's a tormented Vampire who's missing a huge chunk of his life before he was turned and she's the l...
29.5K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
464K 9.9K 30
Trying to escape a threat to her life and that of her parents, Danielle is forced to move in with her hot-headed cousin Paul. After a horrible relati...
1.3K 132 25
Supernatural kids are getting snatched up and no one knows by who or why. Markus is on the run after his family is wiped out and his only choice is t...