The Royal

By FurryShea

Ellie, a normal 16 year old girl in Gardina. She longs to meet the prince of Gardina but never had a chance... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 -the last part
Special chapter

Chapter 5

34.9K 1K 64
By FurryShea

<The other half of the Truth>

The moment I walked into the house, I heard "Ellie, you're late today." She crossed her arms in front of her and glared at me as if I am a poisonous plant before stomping up the stairs. (I am the older sister but it felt as if I have no power over her). I sighed and left my bag on the couch while on the way into the kitchen. To my horror, the kitchen was in a total mess. There were tissues everywhere, chili sauce and flour on the basin. Why did she need flour for? The floor was wet and best of all, the stoves are stained with oil. Either Daphane's trying to burn the house down, or she's trying to add more work to me. I vote for the latter.

I facepalm and shouted "Daphane! What have you done?" in disbelief. The kitchen was the place where I could do whatever I want like baking, cooking, experimenting different food because it was the only place where it provided me with silence and comfort. (And away from Daphane). Not only that, it led all the way to the backyard, which I could sometimes sit there and admired the sky. I heard her door opened with a squeaky sound, "It's your fault for coming home late." she shouted in return and slammed her door. Hard. I punched my fist on the kitchen counter and let out a short cry of frustration. Why on earth am I stuck with such a younger sister? What had I done in my previous life to deserve this? Didn't she had some humanity in her to help me out with housework?! Or stopped causing me so much trouble?!

"Shut up and clear the mess, Ellie. Mum will be here in 10 mins." Daphane shouted down once again before closing her door and I glanced at the wall clock. It was 5.50pm and Mum would be home soon? If she saw this mess, she'd bound to scold me. Not like she uses the kitchen everyday but she would find every fault in the house to shove it in my face. I quickly twisted my hair up into a bun and pulled up my sleeves. Grabbing a clean cloth off the kitchen counter, I wiped the floor first and then the stained cooking stove as fast as I could. I glanced at the clock and back to the mess made in the kitchen, I left 5mins! But there was still a number of things to clean. I'm so dead.

Finally, it was 6pm. I had managed to clear every mess she made and transformed it back into the same old kitchen. Just as I was about to sit down on the couch to rest my legs and eyes, the door bell rang. Within seconds, Daphane ran down the stairs and opened it. (And get this right, with that good girl faith she put on). I doubt she ever looked so overjoy when I came home, not to be mean but her reaction was the same when Betty saw me every time I opened the door. I knew it was mum even before Daphane opened the door. She hugged mum and dad and they hugged her back, the whole while forgetting that I still exists.

I took my bag off the couch and was about to head up my room while trying hard to make my presence known. I let out a sigh loudly and walked past the three, to the first step of the stairs, "Oh, hi Ellie." mum said as she walked past the stairs and into the living room with dad and Daphane following behind. Dad gave me a few side glances and smile to me like he knew what I was feeling. I smiled back. At least dad treated me like a human. Though he rarely did gestures like hugging, I knew he love me more because sometimes I would have wrapped gifts with a card on my desks. And it would always be when mom and dad came back from holiday. It would always be something that I look forward to. Since the start of day, I collected a few hundred cards from dad.

Once they sat down, I turned and headed straight up into my room. Daphne, Getting all excited, loudly asked "Mum, did you get anything for me?" And from her voice, I could almost imagined her looking earnestly at Mum and she would just laugh. I looked at my clock and decided that I must get ready to go to Bookies but not with the dirty clothes on. My bedroom door was left slightly ajar and I heard Daphane, Mum and Dad laughter below and my heart aches. Why couldn't I be like Daphane. Why couldn't I be love like her? Why couldn't I have what they gave her? I'm also their daughter. Or am I...... not?

"Bye mum, Bye Dad, Bye Daphane. I'm going to work." I said when I walked down the stairs into the living room. I had left my dirty clothes in my room, as I had decided to wash it before I sleep tonight. I always locked my room so that nobody could get in whenever Daphane's having her party. Who knew what they would do. (Gross) They didn't even bothered to look up to wave or smile, they just nodded their head and continue talking about the topic they left off. But I saw Dad giving a smile again and glancing at me longer then usual without Mum knowing. Was Dad so afraid of mum that he didn't even dare to talk to me normally? Was I not worthy? Why did he married her in the first place if he was so afraid of her.

I grabbed my shoes from the shoe rack and put it on before walking towards the front door, I was about to close it when I heard "Ellie, we're leaving again later at 8pm. Take care of your sister.". As expected. But am I really responsible for Daphane? I'm pretty sure she had a lot of boys that would be willing to take care of her. I sighed and walked into the quiet night. Thinking of seeing Ethan again. Thinking of seeing his warm smile and his ever shining green eyes. Or maybe.... I think too much? Ethan would not associate with a nobody like me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last reader from 'bookies' had left and I was helping Mrs Jimes swept the floor while she was locking the backdoor. "Honey, it's getting late. Go home." Mrs Jimes said and she appeared from behind the curtains. I glanced at the wall clock, it was 11pm. Since mum and dad had left long ago, I bet Daphane was partying away. That's when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I took my Iphone out and saw Daphane's name sprawl across my screen like a snake. Knowing what the message contents would be, I open it anyways, and it read "Don't come home tonight. Love you sis." Guess I would have to spent my night in the chilly park bench again, which I made my second home to. Maybe I should go to Betty, since I have the key to the lift of the school library. But only to my special garden.

I quickly swept the rest and placed the broom in the rack beside the counter before grabbing my bag off the counter chair. "I'll go first, Mrs Jimes. Take care and see you tomorrow." I told Mrs Jimes and she smiled before giving me a pat on my shoulders lightly. I pushed the door opened and the bell rang, leaving Mrs Jimes in the warm shop and walked out into the chilly night. I have decided to find Betty, at least she could give me warmth and love.

I reached the library and everywhere was eerily quiet, goose bumps forming on my arms and legs. I twisted the key on the lift and waited patiently for the it. When it arrived, I press Top Floor and it went up. The moment the lift door opened, I heard Betty's barks and growls and her collar bell coming nearer towards me. Betty's being a good girl, guarding the garden for me. "Betty, girl, it's me. Ellie." I said after I stepped out and she ran towards me. I kneeled down and ruffled her fur, all the while, I was smiling. It felt so good to have her by my side but I felt bad that I couldn't bring her back home. She's always sleeping in the garden with the blanket and bed I made her. She wagged her tail and licked me, excited that she sees me again. I played with Betty for awhile and I laid on the floor feeling sleepy. I yawned but Betty was already asleep beside me and she moved slightly when I patted her. What a cute doggy she was. from such a tiny puppy, she grew. Soon, I felt my eyes getting heavier and I shut them.

~~~{ Ethan }~~~

I knew that she would be here. I went to her house earlier but it was so noisy. I am surprised the neighbors didn't complaint. Curiosity struck so I decided to peek in and I saw people partying. I figured she couldn't be inside so I went to the park where I saw her nap before but she was not there either. Then I remembered her secret Garden, the one which I followed her to on the first day I met her. That's how I ended up here now. When I found her, she was sleeping soundly with Betty by her side. She looked so peaceful and young like a 3 years old kid. She shivered a little so I took off my jacket and putted it on her. She smiled a little but continues to sleep soundly. Seeing this side of her, I couldn't helped but let out a smile.

Should I wait till morning or should I go? I was debating with myself internally when my phone rang in the quiet garden. My heart skipped a beat and Betty woke up from the call before giving a bark. I silence her by petting her and I quickly took it out and I saw Ellie moved slightly. "Hello?" I answered the phone, without looking at the caller ID and at the same time praying that Ellie wouldn't woke up from the sound of the phone ringing. "Prince Ethan. Where are you? Please come back now." Came Daniel, my butler's voice. I groaned internally and sighed. Why must he call now? he discovered that I sneaked out with permission, I mean why wouldn't he. He watched me grow up. "Can't I just accompany Ellie?" I asked Daniel. Yeah. the whole family knew about her already, considering the fact that I told my sis about it and she went telling our parents and any other personnel she saw in the castle. Her words were "Ethan love someone called Ellie!". Which they nearly threw a "party" to congratulate me for falling for someone but dad stopped them and was not that happy. I heard him covering the mouth piece and then his voice came back again. I think dad had commented something about my behaviour tonight. "I'm sorry, Prince Ethan, but please obey the rules. No Prince should fall in love with a commoner." That was so hurtful. How could they said that. Every commoner's still a human. A commoner and a prince/princess could still marry despite the background.

"Fine. I'll go back now." I huffed and gave up in frustration. I bet it was Dad's idea that I should stayed away from Ellie, because Ellie was nobody but a commoner in his eyes. Though he had the villagers interest in mind, but he couldn't stand the fact that there could be commoner's blood flowing in his grandchildren in the future. He had once said that Ellie was someone's accidental child and no loyalty should accept that. He felt that I should have married the princess he blind date me with, from another country but I rejected. And thank goodness that the princess being blind date with, said no because she too felt that she wanted to gain love in her own ways. But the truth was that she too fell in love with a guy that's of no royalty status. I took one last look at Ellie before going into the lift and making a mental promise that I would return tomorrow first thing in the morning. I would not care if HE object to this love. I only care about Ellie and her smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527 57 17
The Princess of the most powerful kingdom in the country embarks on a mission to undo a curse placed upon her parents, who have been asleep for eleve...
40K 817 52
Rose a normal 17 year old girl. Her life was rough but normal, normal until she meets them.
40.8K 2K 33
Love? Love is like quicksand. One minute you're walking then out of nowhere you're stuck in a pit of sand, no way to get out... all you know is that...
612 3 30
After great tragedy of two loved ones' deaths, Ellie Flaire goes to 9th grade. After accidentally humiliating a jock on the first day, a war breaks o...