The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 4

83.1K 1.4K 279
By danielleward136

Hey Guys

I thought I would be nice and post this chapter early instead of next week.

There's a picture of Hayden on the side ->

Hope you enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started to shove my book into my bag so then I could get to form early seeing as the first bell for school had just rung. I stood up and went to the little office door where Jake had just walked in a couple of minutes ago to collect some textbooks for his first class. “Hey I’m just going... to urm start walking to form” I said to him whilst he had his back facing me, stood on his tiptoes.

“Oh ok” he turned around with the textbooks in his hands and the corner of his shirt was lifted up a little bit, from where he had been stretching upwards it must have become untucked in the process, just showing a hint of his tanned body and a little teaser of muscle underneath.

Stop it Hayden you shouldn’t even be noticing things like that.

“Do you need any help with them?” I asked him nodding towards the textbooks in his hands.

“No it’s ok”

I nodded my head and turned around to start walking out of the door. I got to form just as the second bell rang indicating that if any one arrived at form after that bell they were late but no one ever cared about that. I walked towards my usual seat in the corner but saw someone was sat in my seat... Jackson Jefferson.

“Hey nerd sorry I’m in your seat but if you want you can sit on my knee” he winked and started to tap his knee whilst smirking at all his friends who were sat around him.

I shook my head that was hanging low and turned around to walk towards the other side of the room and to get as far away from him as possible until someone grabbed my forearm and pulled me roughly so then my back was pressed against the person’s chest.

“Come on nerd we’re just trying to be friendly” I heard someone say in my ear. I cringed away from it.

“Do we have a problem Mr Jefferson?” I heard Miss Brown ask.

“No miss everything’s good” he replied whilst loosening the grip on my arm. I quickly removed my arm from his hand and walked to the other side of the room to sit down at the corner desk.

He’s such a jerk I mean he thinks people will do whatever he wants them to do. He asks them to jump and they say how high. I answered my name on the register and started to look at my timetable for today.

1st period maths, C9, Mr Peterson

2nd period maths, C9, Mr Peterson

Break

3rd period physics, C1, Mrs Poole

Lunch

4th period Chemistry, C5, Mr Webb

5th period Gym, Miss Cook

Yippee double maths with Jake (note the sarcasm)... I mean Mr Peterson. I really should call him Mr Peterson but I really like the name Jake instead. URG...I really have to call him by his surname like the rest of my teachers because that’s all he is... my teacher.

But he’s not though is he. Come on you like him a little bit more than a teacher. If you thought of him as your teacher then you would have looked away from the corner of your shirt and not stood there looking like a fool.

No all he is, is my teacher and that’s all he’s ever going to be to me nothing more for example a friend. I need to focus on school anyway this year it’s the most important year of my school life. Just as I was planning on what kind of new study plan I could have for this year the 1st period bell rang so I stood up quickly and walked out of the door before Jackson could say anything else to me.

As I walked into the classroom I saw Jake... Mr Peterson stretching up so then he could write the date on top of the board. I walked right to the back of the classroom and in the corner near the door of the office in his room. Everyone slowly started to walk into the classroom, the guys looking at Mr Peterson full of jealousy and girls literally were stood there undressing Mr Peterson with their eyes. Did they not have any dignity at all? For some strange reason I had a feeling in my chest of anger or something. I quickly looked down to flick to the page number that Mr Peterson had written on the board. He slowly turned around from the board with his head hanging low.

“Could you please copy the title and date into your workbook whilst I do the register.” He told us.

He sat down at his computer and started to read the register coming close to the end.

“Amber Samuels?”

“Yes sir” she said trying to sound flirtatious.

“Jackson Jefferson?”

“Ye sir” he answered bored.

That’s when I looked up, normally my names next, and suddenly there was his usual smile on his face.

“Hayden Smith?”

“Yes sir” I mumbled.

He looked up and looked directly at me with that smile that was really contagious. He only looked at me for a couple of seconds before blinking and turning away quickly to face the rest of the class. He stood up from his chair and walked to the front of the board.

“As you can see I am Mr Peterson, the new maths teacher, I will be your teacher for all this year. Seeing as this is your first lesson with me I’m going to take it easy on you guys.” I looked around the room and saw all the guys’ texting underneath their tables and all the girls daydreaming about Mr Peterson.

“So we’re going to start off with factorising, I know you’ll have done it before but I just want to recap and see how much you guys remember.” He slowly turned around to face the board and wrote an example on it. I looked at the book, whilst he was going through the example with the class, I read question 1 which said ‘Factorise 3x+6’. Is he being serious he expects us to answer these questions. How old does he think we are? 5 years old. I started to answer the questions and had finished them by the time he had finished explaining the example for the 6th time for the girls benefits either they didn’t understand the first time because their all dumb, which would be understandable... put it one way if they could take a GCSE in talking about themselves they would all easily pass... or they weren’t listening, I wonder I mean it couldn’t have been an excuse for him to keep turning round so then they could stare at his muscular back was it? He slowly turned around to face the class.

“Ok class I want all of the page answered and whatever questions you don’t answer I want done for homework and if you don’t do that then expect a 20 minute detention the day after” he said with a wise look in his eye. Is he stupid he’s said that and obviously all the girls are going to try and get a detention so then they can spend extra time with him outside of school hours. Everyone started to put their heads down trying to make it look like their working. So I started to look through the book at the other topics, seeing as I had already completed the questions.

“Well done” I heard someone whisper in my ear. I slowly turned around to my right and saw Mr Peterson stood there looking at my workbook where all my answers were.

“Thanks” my cheeks started to feel a little bit warm. What is the matter with me I mean all the other teachers tell me that my works good or they say ‘well done’ but yet he says it and I’m literally melting right in front of him.

“Here try these, there a little bit more... complicated” he said whilst leaning over me and starting to flick through the textbook. I could smell the most amazing smell in the world, better than bacon and eggs. It was a kind of citrus, woodsy, fresh pine smell I know it sounds weird but it was the most intoxicating scent I have ever smelled and I knew straight away it was coming from him. As he was looking for this page he wanted me to try. I noticed a kind of small snake tattooed on his inner wrist. What is that? I wondered.

“It’s a cobra” he whispered. I looked at him, had I just said what I’m thinking out loud I thought. “No you didn’t say it out loud I could just tell from the expression on your face” he answered. I then turned my face to the right to look at him, whilst he was still looking at the textbook, and noticed how close he really was, just a couple of inches away that’s all. “I could see the wonder on your face” he smiled. I’m sure that smile is stuck on his face. I mean every time I see him he’s smiling... I’m not complaining because it makes him look even more attractive than what he already is if that’s possible. However, it can be quite distracting when you trying to remind yourself that this guy is your teacher and you shouldn’t even be noticing how attractive he really is I mean... he’s good looking for a guy of his age but I shouldn't be attracted to him what so ever...

“Why do you have a cobra tattooed on your wrist?” I whispered back he turned his head so then he was staring at me.

“Me and a couple of my friends thought it would be cool when we left school if we all got tattoos on our wrists.”

“Ye but why a cobra?”

“It symbolises something for us”

“What exactly?”

He laughed “here try this question” he said pointing to a different page I was on before. Weird. He’d just changed the subject like a snap of my fingers.

“SIR” I heard amber shout and in the corner of my eye I could see that if Mr Peterson didn’t give her his attention soon she would run over and make sure he gave her some attention.

“Awesome” I heard him mutter to himself and then sigh. I chuckled quietly whilst he smiled back at me. “Try them; if you struggle just shout me.”

“Ok” I nodded.

I looked at the topic at the top of the page and it said quadratic equations. Seriously I managed to finish them as well with 5 minutes before the second bell. I looked up at Mr Peterson who I saw sitting at his desk looking on his computer until he slowly turned his head towards the class. He must of felt that weird feeling where someone was watching him so I quickly put my head back down so then it looked like I was checking my answers.

“Hayden could you help me get some past papers for next lesson please?”

“Urm...”

“I’ll help sir” Amber interrupted nearly jumping out of her seat.

“No it’s ok Amber; Hayden’s finished all her work so she can help me”

I nodded at him and stood up whilst he made his way to the back of the room towards his office. I could feel someone’s glare on my back and I slightly turned my head around. I could see Amber literally burning holes into my back. I slowly turned back around to see that the office door was open so I started to walk towards the doorway. As I went in I caught the same smell in the office as what I smelled when he was stood really close to me. How come I didn’t notice this smell before? Anyway I saw him walk round his desk and open a cupboard where there were folders filled with past papers.

“Can I ask... why did you say before that if they don’t complete their homework they’ll get a detention” I asked walking closer to him so no one would hear me ask even though we were in his office.

He chuckled deeply “because that’s the punishment right? Hand in uncompleted homework and you’ll find yourself with a detention the next day.”

“Ye but you must know most girls will hand their homework in uncompleted just so they can have a detention with you”

“Oh ye and why’s that?”

“Since all the girls walked in their mouths have been touching the floor and I actually can’t believe you repeated the example 6 times when they all understood it the first time”

He carried on chuckling and took a step closer to me so then the tips of our shoes were literally touching “do you not think I know. It wasn’t so long ago I was at school. I know how a lot of the girls work in this school better than you think. I was doing that because do you not think if I didn’t all you would hear all lesson is them shout sir constantly. It would have gotten pretty annoying. Don’t you think?”

“Ye I guess” a little bit breathless trying to recover from his minty, fresh breath blowing over me whilst saying his little speech.

“And anyway you completed your homework which means not every girl wants to spend time with me”

“If you heard me correctly I said most girls. I wasn’t included in the most” as I said that I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes but he quickly covered it up. He took a step back and grabbed the papers and passed them to me whilst closing the cupboard door. He slowly turned around and grabbed three quarters of the pile out of my hands and slowly walked away from me but stopped right next to me and bent down to my ear.

“And do you not think me giving them detention months on end, not paying them the attention that they want because I’ll mainly be in my office while there finishing their homework. Do you not think they’ll get fed up of that and then learn their lesson to complete all homework I set” he whispered in my ear before walking out of the office door. I think my legs had just turned into jelly. Really I’m being serious. No other person has ever spoken to me so close but then again no one had ever talked to me in such a deep, alluring voice that could leave me breathless. I shook my head and quickly recovered and walked out of the room towards Mr Peterson’s desk as I placed the papers on his desk I could see him smiling that smile I love so much whilst staring at his computer screen. I slowly turned around and walked back to my seat. Wait. Rewind. The smile I love so much. Urm noo that’s not true he’s my teacher how could I love his smile. I mean come on seriously you love a teacher’s smile that’s just creepy. I sat back in my seat and waited for the second bell to ring.

Mr Peterson started to walk around handing the past papers out to everyone. “Ok guys I want you to do this test in silence I want to see what you guys know and what topics I’ll have to help you with and I want you to try your hardest at this” he said whilst coming to my desk and placing a paper In front of me and smiling down at me that warm smile of his. “And if you finish the paper I’d like you to bring it to me to mark... ok you may start”

I opened the paper and started to go into my own little world of knowledge as I liked to call it which is where I usually go when I have a test to do.

I managed to finish the test and check my answers with 10 minutes left to spare I had missed some questions out because I hadn’t been taught them yet. So I slowly stood up and went to the front of the class and handed Mr Peterson my paper and walked back to my desk. I started to watch him mark my paper. I walked as his arm muscles moved underneath his buttoned-down white shirt whilst marking. I watched his face change into a concentration expression how he would slightly bite his bottom lip and how his eyebrows would pull together. All of a sudden I jumped out of my seat when the bell rung for break and everyone started to pack up. I slowly grabbed my bag from the floor and started to put my maths workbook in.

“Ok guys I want you to have completed those questions on factorising and if you could do some more of the paper and hand that into me next lesson that would be great.”

Everyone started to walk out of the classroom including me until I heard someone call my name. “Urm... Miss Smith could I just talk to you quickly” I stepped to the side so then people could get past me and so then I could walk back towards Mr Peterson’s desk. As I did that I tripped over someone’s foot that had been put there on purpose. I looked up and saw Amber looking down at me smiling sweetly. What is her problem?

“Miss Smith are you ok?” I heard. I felt someone grab hold of my upper arm to try and help me stand up.

“Ye ye I’m fine” I said whilst turning to look at who’d helped me stand up and guess who it was... Mr Peterson surprise surprise.

He guided me to his desk and told me to sit down. He waited till all the other students had gone out of the room so there was only me and him there before he started talking.

“I was looking through your paper and I was really impressed but there was a couple of questions that you hadn’t answered.“ He started to slowly flick through my paper.

“I know I haven’t been taught them yet so I wasn’t quite sure how to answer them”

“No... no it’s not a problem I was just saying and wondering if you wanted me to teach you some of these topics as extra tutorial so then you could sit your GCSE early. It’s up to you?”

“What do you mean sit it early?”

“Well, you’d sit the exam in December and then I would probably teach you statistics for the June”

“I don’t know I’ll see”

“Ye ok it was just a suggestion”

“Thanks for the offer” I started to turn around towards the classroom door until he stopped me.

“Hold on I want to ask you something”

I slowly turned around so I was now facing him. I looked at the leaflet that was in his hand before taking it.

“There’s this maths challenge that the GCSE board hold every year it’s a kind of competition between schools. Schools sign up for it and go to London for the weekend to compete. I’ve been put in charge of it this year and I have to pick 4 candidates that I think would be really good at it and looking at your past exam results I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t be perfect for it.”

“Urm... I don’t know”

“Don’t worry about it just give me an answer by the end of next week... take some time to think it through.”

“Ok thank you see you later”

“Ye”

I turned and started to walk out of the classroom towards my third lesson I didn’t realize how long I’d been in there or the fact that the bell for third lesson had already rung.

Third period and lunch seemed to pass by really quickly until it came to fourth period and all of the class was waiting for Mr Webb seeing as he was running late. I started to doodle little pictures of atoms in my notebook. Don’t give me that look the pictures fit in with the subject. I looked up as I heard the classroom door open and close and my mouth literally fell to the floor.

“You have got to be kidding me” I muttered.

“Sorry class I’m a bit late but I’ve just been told I’m covering for Mr Webb seeing as he’s going through some personal issues at the moment. My name is Mr Peterson and I’m your substitute teacher for today.”

“I thought you taught maths” I heard one of the football players shout, Joe I think it was; he was Jackson’s best friend and another complete jerk.

Mr Peterson laughed “ye that is the main subject I teach but I’m also qualified to teach chemistry”

“Sir how old are you?” I heard Cheryl shout, she was one of Amber’s best friends or as I like to call her Tweedle Dee.

“I’m 21”

“Sir, do you have a girlfriend?” Tiffany shouted, she was Amber’s other best friend or again as I like to call her Tweedle Dum (the name kind of suits her to be honest). Her and Cheryl were constantly following Amber around and they all looked exactly the same they all had the same hairstyle, wore their uniform the same and had their make up the same even though we’re not allowed to wear it to school. Although most of the time teachers overlook it because they couldn’t be bothered arguing with a student and end up losing anyway. It was weird.

“I think that’s a bit personal really”  

“Oh come on sir just tell us” after that everyone started to shout “tell us” towards Mr Peterson. I felt sorry for him he looked really scared although I think I would if that was me.

“FINE” he shouted “If I answer the question will everyone be quiet for the rest of the lesson?” he asked whilst all the class turned into nodding dogs.

“No I don’t have a girlfriend ok. Now quiet whilst I do the register”

After that bit of information being shared all the girls started to find Mr Peterson even more attractive and you could see the lust in their eyes towards him. Now that was even weirder. What just because he didn’t have a girlfriend they all thought they had a chance. I mean it would be illegal anyway. Why would he risk his entire career and a chance of wearing an orange jumpsuit just to be with a student.

He started to read everyone’s name and smiled a little when he said my name. He must have been happy that he at least recognised one student in his class he was covering for.

“Ok guys I’ve been given a worksheet for you to complete and its questions on the new topic that you will be studying soon. I think Mr Webb wants to know how much information you know about this new topic... ok” he said whilst handing the sheets out.

I looked at the sheet. Ok this was easy I mean I kind of studied the topic during the summer holidays so I understood all the questions. It took me all lesson to answer the questions which means I packed up a little bit later than everyone else. I wanted to make sure I finished them so then I didn’t have any homework tonight and I could just spend a lot of my time getting to know Brooke. I really did like her she seemed to be a very intelligent little girl. I placed the worksheet on the teacher’s desk and turned towards Mr Peterson.

“So is this a permanent thing?” I asked. What I was curious to see if he was going to be my chemistry teacher as well as my maths.

“Is what permanent?”

“You teaching us chemistry”

“I couldn’t tell you. I don’t know myself”

“Ok... just tell me that you also don’t teach gym”

He started to laugh. “Why?”

“Because it will be weird if I see you teaching my next class”

He carried on laughing “no don’t worry about it I have a maths class anyway next”

“Ok. Have fun.” I said

“Ye you too”

“Oh ye gym’s my favourite” I said rolling my eyes and sarcasm leaking into my voice.

He smiled at me “ok... see you later”

“Ye bye”

“Bye Miss Smith”

I walked out of the room smiling at myself. Wow were had that confidence just come from normally I couldn’t speak to anyone like that. Let alone my teacher. No scrap that. Let alone a guy. Also, why was I even talking to my teacher like that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed :) 

Do you think Hayden will take part in the maths challenge?

What do you think will happen at the Peterson's house?

Please comment, fan, vote and add to your library. 

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 9.4K 34
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
952K 22.9K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.5M 82.2K 82
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1M 70.8K 63
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...