Futuristic Four

By BamBrixBam

Supers are gone missing and so the NSA tries to keep the younger supers safe by enrolling them into some kind... More

Missing Supers
Stay Home or Stay Safe
Early Starts and Long Drives
Roomates
First Days are Never Easy
Benefits of Video Games
All Dates Are Official
Fun's Over
Under Attack
The Risks We Take
Behind It All
It's Over. Or Is It?
Not Entirely Normal
Robinson Industries Break In
Setting Things in Motion
Into the Villain's Lair
Bitter Sansweet Ending
Futuristic Four! Go Time

Escaping the NSA

1.4K 31 17
By BamBrixBam

The threat of missing superheroes was still at large, making sneaking out much more difficult. With the NSA keeping a close watch on all of the registered supers and not to mention your parents, or aunt, refuse to let you go out into danger. Not that they told anyone about it, but they knew their guardians and they'd opposed to the idea of them leaving to go on some superhero mission. But getting grounded for the rest of your life would be worth it if it would save the lives of not only the people they cared about, but everyone else too.

After hearing the news of the skeleton chip, the four figured they should put matters into their own hands. It might get them into trouble for breaking countless rules, but it had to be done. The only main challenge was escaping the NSA agents who constantly kept watch on them. It didn't take long for the news of the Skeleton Chip to get to the NSA. After all, news like that travelled fast, especially if lives were at stake. Not just supers, but the people a lot of supers protected. It wasn't uncommon for teenagers to sneak out, but those times it was for meeting friends at some hangout or going to a concert. Sneaking out to save the day, wasn't exactly on the list of reasons a teenager snuck out. Not to mention sneaking out to go to another city miles away. But then again, most teenagers weren't supers.

*

Location: Metroville, Parr Residence

"Why can't I come along?" Dash questioned.

"I told you, it doesn't involve you." Violet said, stuffing a few items into her backpack.

"Pretty sure when someone whose bad has access to all the super files it involves me."

"You can cover for me." Violet said.

"Why can't I go on the mission?"

"You're twelve and I'm not putting you at risk again after what happened."

She had been close to losing her brother and the last thing she'd ever do was put him back in that kind of danger. Even if he was capable, she wasn't going to put her brother in danger like she was putting herself in.

Violet took a deep breath before looking back up at Dash. "If I don't come back in a few days, you have my full permission to come after me and save the day." she smiled.

"What about mum and dad?"

"I'm sneaking off to Todayland without their permission." Violet laughed. "I think that gives you a pass."

"What happened to my shy big sister who was afraid to use her powers?"

"She grew up."

Violet and Dash hugged each other, but quickly ended the sappy moment. They were brother and sister after all. They were suppose to be arguing and bickering with each other. But of course, sharing the same blood and living together for practically their whole lives did guarantee some heartfelt bonding moments. But not often.

"I'll keep the guards busy, while you sneak out. At least give me that." Dash offered.

"You really want to partake in this don't you?" Violet shook her head, looking up.

"Anything to contribute in saving the world." Violet gave him a smile, silently giving him permission to do so. Besides, the NSA probably had a way of detecting her when she was invisible. Didn't want to risk getting caught before she left house.

At that Dash sped off, alerting the attention of the guards watching them and while everyone in the whole house and those patrolling were distracted with the speeding pre-teen, a dark-haired super with the power of invisibility snuck out the back and headed to the train station. She owed Dash one. But hopefully she wouldn't have to repay the favour too soon or worse, repay it with something humiliating or troublesome.

*
Ditching her bike in some bushes nearby, Violet headed towards the train station. Wilbur assured her that she wouldn't have to catch an actual train and he'd make arrangements. Seeing the nightly ticket guard, Violet made herself completely invisible. She was getting better at the skill and all she really needed to do was remain hidden until her ride was here.
The guard did not notice when she snuck past and headed to the platform Wilbur told her to go to. Using her forcefields to destroy any security cameras. Couldn't risk getting caught now. There were no trains there, except for a small cart. She headed towards it and found a note taped to the controls.

Hey, Purple.

Just press the first button and just sit back and enjoy the ride.
See you in a bit.

Love, Cowlick.

She rolled her eyes in amusement at the note. Typical Wilbur. Following the instruction, Violet jumped in and pressed the first button, which said Robinson Home.

*

Location: San Fransokyo, Lucky Cat Cafe

Everything seemed to be in order. All he had packed were a few of his tools, his suit and even Baymax. Never know when you need a personal healthcare companion. Besides, Baymax might come in handy for other things aside from patching their wounds. Aunt Cass wasn't going to approve of this. But they all established none of their families would. As Hiro finished packing his gear, he heard someone throwing rocks at his window. Throwing his bag over his shoulder and carrying Baymax's case, He opened the window and looked out. As expected Fred had arrived. Although, he didn't expect him to be wearing his lizard suit.

Shaking his head and deciding not to bother with asking why he was wearing the suit, Hiro carefully crawled out the window and to the small bit of roof below it. He watched as Fred attempted to throw a grappling hook, failing the first couple of times, hearing occasional groans and ows. Even a sorry when it nearly hit Hiro on the head. That was when he finally snapped.

"Fred!" he loudly whispered. "Will you just chill with the hook?!" he said looking down, annoyed.

"Ahh...every great superhero should have a grappling hook. Even you should know that." he said matter of factly.

"Can you just be serious for like two minutes and be quiet." He said as he carefully tossed his bag and then Baymax one at a time and Fred caught them.

"Oh, good call." Fred nodded. "Play it stealthy."

Hiro just rolled his eyes. "All right, Hiro." Fred said once he had carefully placed the boy's belongings down and faced back up, arms open. "Jump, I'll catch you."

It ended up with Hiro landing on top of him, but luckily neither were harmed.

"Sorry. I can't see very well with the mask."

Before Hiro could make a remark, a nearby NSA agent caught sight of them.

"HEY!" he called out, pointing his gun at Fred, unaware of who he was and believing he was part of the group responsible for taking supers.

In a quick move, Fred threw something on the ground and a puff of smoke came over them. That was their queue to run.

"How do you have smoke pellets?" Hiro questioned.

"You are not the only one hiding secrets, little dude." Fred responded.

Instead of digging further, Hiro and Fred just focused on getting away from the NSA agents. The sooner they were in the clear the better. After a few blocks they seemed to have ditched the NSA guards and could make it safely to Fred's Mansion. Once inside, they both sighed with relief.

"What was that all about?" Fred questioned, leading Hiro to where they were setting up the family jet. If Hiro wanted to get to Todayland quickly, Fred's jet seemed to be the best option. Okay, technically it was his parent's jet. He didn't have enough money for a plane ticket and surely they would've noticed some money missing from the account. Not to mention, customs and all. And he could pick up Penny on the way.

"So why do you need my parents' jet?" Fred asked.

"It's not something I can explain. It's complicated." Hiro replied.

"Come on, we've been friends for years now."

Hiro bit his lip. As much as he trusted Fred, whose to say he wouldn't blab it to the others? Then again, he was asking a huge favour from his friend and he owed him that much.

"Okay, first off, those guys that chased us for six blocks are NSA agents. By NSA I mean the National Supers Agency. They were keeping an eye on me because lately, supers have been missing. Those missing people on the news, most likely supers. Those months I was gone, I was at some superhero school where we were supposed to be kept safe. But then the one responsible attacked and so it was scrapped and then we came back, but with those guys." he made a gesture outside to refer to the agents that chased them. "Then we find out the one kidnapping supers got hold of a device that could give her the location of every super on the planet. Which is why, I need to meet up with my friends in Todayland so we can figure out a plan to stop her." he finally finished.

Fred was staring at him wide eyed. "Let me get this straight? The superhero police are patrolling your place. You went to Xavier's School for the Gifted and now you're going all mission impossible?..." he then went silent, and looked as if in thought.

"I know, it's a lot to take in..."

Before Hiro could finish, Fred jumped up excitedly. "That sounds like the coolest superhero story ever! Does this mean you got superpowers? I mean, of course you do. Why else would the NSA be here?" Fred rambled on. "How come you never said anything before?"

"I didn't even know until they told me." Hiro admitted. "And I don't think now is the best time to start telling people I'm a super. Giving the recent kidnappings."

"Right." Fred nodded understandingly. "You can trust your secret is safe with me." he gave his word. "Now go forth young Hiro and save your fellow supers." he motioned to the plane. "Heathcliff is already inside. Just tell him where to go."

As strange as Fred was, Hiro was glad to have him as a friend. He knew he could trust him. He definitely owed him big time. Now, onto LA.

*

Location: Just outside of Los Angeles City

Her mom had said she was working late and that gave Penny the chance to sneak out without her mother knowing. The problem had been the NSA guards. But thanks to her loyal dog, Bolt, she managed her escape. The dog had distracted the guards by grabbing one of their wallets and they ended up chasing the German Shepard.

"Good boy." she had murmured.

That allowed her to grab her bike and ride out of the city unnoticed. Hiro had contacted her earlier and said he'd meet her soon, giving her coordinates of where they were to meet. Every time she felt someone shady eyeing her, Penny simply used her illusions to make it seem as if she wasn't there. She didn't need another repeat of that almost kidnapping incidence.

Now, Penny remained alone and waited for Hiro. She had texted him a few minutes ago asking where he was and how much longer she had to wait. Her phone then made a ding sound and she found a message from Hiro.

Look Up.

Penny blinked at the message, but did as instructed and a bright light came over her, she squinted her eyes and saw it was plane landing. It landed not to far from her, she had to shield her eyes to stop the dust and wind it was creating and the lights were quite bright. As the engine, died down, Penny made her way towards it.

"How did you even manage, SuperHiro?" Penny shook her head in awe.

"I've got friends in high places." Hiro smirked. "Now come on. I'm sure Wilbur and Violet are waiting for us."

*

Location: Todayland, Robinson Residence

Since word got out about the robbery, security had doubled at RI. Better there than home. But Wilbur hadn't been that lucky. Aside from the cops who insisted they keep an eye on the mansion, the NSA agents had also doubled.

"Remind me again why you invented that thing?" Wilbur questioned his father. But he knew the answer.
It was a request...no, more like an order from the government. They wanted a device that could track anyone down, break into enemy files and give the one up over them. Cornelius had refused because it would also put others at risk if it fell into the wrong hands. They managed to persuade him somehow. But look at all that effort now.

Sansweet had in her hand a list of every super in existence. She'd know their powers, their families and where they lived. No doubt their files also had their weaknesses listed on there, giving her more of the upper hand.

Looking out the window, it was clear those on patrol were making sure no one without clearance got in. But he wasn't going out through the front door any time soon.

"Come on, C.A.R.L. You gotta know someway out?" Wilbur pleaded, resorting to his fake begging routine. But to be honest, he was really desperate and might do it for real, without the theatrics.

The robot rolled his digital eyes and pulled out a blue print from his chest. He laid the plans out on Wilbur's desk and began telling him the details.

"The best way out without getting caught is probably through the train room. The whole system is shut down at nine o' clock exactly or whenever Billie decides to retire." Looking at Wilbur, it was obvious he knew that detail, so C.A.R.L cleared his throat and continued. "Okay, moving on. Using your powers, you can power it back on. But make sure you power up the monorail controls. They should be quiet enough that no one will realize what you're up to. Not to mention it won't draw out as much attention as a train. You should be able to lock in your friend's coordinates so the monorail can pick her up at her station. That is what you wanted, right?"

"Yes." Wilbur replied. Violet didn't live too far from him and so a train ride wouldn't be a problem. Hiro and Penny however, it could take a while. But Hiro had said he could make arrangements to get them here as fast as possible.

"And then you all can meet up at one of the old Robinson Industries research labs." C.A.R.L finished.

Wilbur had took note of his robot companion's plan. If they pulled it off, then he owed him one...okay, he owed him a lot for all of the schemes he put him through all the years. But this time was important. Well, maybe not as important as destroying the time stream, but in Wilbur's defence, the problem wasn't his fault this time.

"Do you even have the key to that place?" Wilbur asked. The place may be old, but it was still kept at RI and they would rent it out to scientists when needed. Like if they wanted to conduct their own experiments in their own place.

"Nicked the keys earlier from Robinson Industries." C.A.R.L extended out a robotic arm from his chest and handed the key to Wilbur.

"Wow. Surprised you managed that with all the security." Wilbur said.

"I have access to your father's files and I did it before the officers arrived. I also managed to remove that place from the list. Incase you take longer than expected and someone decides to claim the spot."

"You really thought of everything." Wilbur grinned.

C.A.R.L gave a smile. "It's just like old times and I wouldn't want to see something bad happen to my little buddy."

*

The details had been sent. Violet would know what to look for, Hiro and Penny were given the address. Now, all he had to do was put the plan in motion.

Wilbur didn't dare risk using a travel tube as it would attract too much attention. So he carefully snuck through the Robinson house making his way towards the train room. He checked to see if the NSA were unaware of his presence, before he'd risk making a move. When he felt the coast was clear, he'd make it to his next checkpoint. This would be so much easier if the train room wasn't on the other side of the house. But at the same time, the trains were loud and you'd receive a very early wake up call. It was just now that'd he'd prefer it was close because of all the guards.

Wilbur let out a sigh of relief when he finally reached his destination. Using his flashlight (he could create an electric ball of light, but that'd be draining) and searched around for the monorail controls. Billie obviously had the keys to the controls, but that was no problem for an electrokinetic. He placed his hands on the board and watched as the controls lit up. Bringing a cart that could fit around two people towards him, Wilbur scribbled on a piece of paper and taped it to the panel inside. He began typing in Metroville's location and then the cart was on his way.

Now he just had to wait.

After an hour or so, the cart was finally back in the Robinson train room. But this time with a familiar face.

"I trust your ride was pleasant."

"It was. Until I got to my destination and saw who was waiting for me." Violet said in her usual sarcastic tone, getting out of the front seat and moving to the back.

"Ouch." Wilbur feigned hurt, getting into the seat where Violet once was.

"Won't they be able to track us with this?" She asked.

"Not if I can keep it offline. And I already short circuited the cameras, so they wouldn't know I was here." He then used his power to shut down the train room, but kept their monorail on. Wilbur typed in their location and they were off.

*

Location: Todayland, Unused RI Warehouse

The monorail was now completely useless. Wilbur having completely fry the controls. It was definitely going to need a new circuit board. Billie was going to kill him if she ever found out.

Penny and Hiro had also arrived. The two had thanked Heathcliff for dropping them off at the edge of the city and after giving his farewell he then took off, heading back to San Fransokyo.

The duo, using a map on Hiro's watch, made their way to the location Wilbur had provided. The city was quite different from San Fransokyo. It was futuristic itself, but it did contain some old fashioned elements. Todayland, however, was completely futuristic. Flying cars, moving sidewalks, self building buildings! No wonder it was called the city of the future.

Both pairs had arrived at the same time.

"Are you sure we'll be safe here?" Penny asked, eyeing the place over.

"Should be. C.A.R.L made sure of it and will be covering for us." Wilbur told her, pulling out the key and placing it in the lock to open the door.

Upon entering, they saw the building was quite clean, but rather empty. It reminded Wilbur of his father's office, just without the furniture.

"Welcome to our new base, courtesy of Robinson Industries!" Wilbur announced, turning on the power board and illuminating the room.

_______________

AN: I kept rewriting this chapter because I didn't know what the best way was to bring them back together.
I also looked up how to bring them there. I read somewhere that both The Incredibles and MTR were some alternate version of New York and figured their cities would be close.
Then since San Fransokyo is basically San Francisco, it takes a couple hours to get to New York, same with LA. So I bring in Fred's family jet.
And the monorail is reference to the MTR video game.
Also, the Hiro scene with him sneaking out with Fred, totally inspired by the deleted scene.
Also, yay! Our team now has a base.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 448 24
A time traveler, a hero, a genius, and an actress form a team to defeat villains through time, no one knew for sure that they were capable of doing i...
182 4 14
After what some may call a massive human extermination, life expectancy on earth is slim to none and whatever is left is basically hopeless. Survivor...
69.6K 1.2K 19
14 year old Hiro Hamada and 13 year old Y/n L/n (girlfriend to Hiro) set out to become superheroes along side their friends, to avenge Tedashi Hamada...
33.8K 1K 13
Four of the Autobots run into group of girls that help them. But it turns out they're not exactly normal.