The Royal

By FurryShea

Ellie, a normal 16 year old girl in Gardina. She longs to meet the prince of Gardina but never had a chance... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 -the last part
Special chapter

Chapter 2

59.6K 1.2K 321
By FurryShea

<The Encounter>

Knowing the fact that Daphane would make a scene early in the morning before going to school, I woke up at 0530 to prepare my things and cooked breakfast for Daphane. I was so exhausted from the lack of sleep and I had always wondered how Daphane could still be at the top of the game when she partied all night. At 0630 sharp, I heard my sister shouted "Ellie! Where is my Shirt?'' I ran up, despite the fact that I had to run 3 flights of stairs, - I was in the kitchen- to her room. If I did not ran fast enough, she would tear the whole house down just to make me do more work and would try all ways to frame me. Which happened to me once or twice and ever since, I made sure to be by her side whenever she called.

The moment I opened the door, there stood my sister, in her undergarments, shouting "Ellie, Quick. I'm late for school." in a panic tone that made me felt like bursting into laughter. This was so absurd, she should have clean her room to ensure that everything was tidy, not trying to create a war zone and doing nothing about the mess here. Her state of bedroom felt as if a hurricane came and went past, it was so messy that I bet I could hid somewhere in her pile of clothes and not be found. I glanced at her messy bed piled with clothes and wrappers laying on the floor near the door and saw the same guy from yesterday night laying on her bed, still dozing off. I glanced around her room, scanning for her uniform before spotting it in the pile near the bed. I walked towards the pile of clothes near her bed and started digging for her shirt.

While bending over to search her shirt, I heard a deep voice saying "Nice Ass." and I felt a pair of hands running up and down my back. I tried not to shiver and whacked him with the moves I learnt while reading random martial arts books so I quickly grabbed the shirt on the floor, threw it to Daphane and rushed out of her bedroom. I heard her giggling loudly when I closed the door and the guy commenting on my reaction. I let out a frustrated sigh and walked away. So much for being my sister, always finding chances to humiliate me.

I was packing my lunch box into my bag on the couch when Daphane walked down the stairs with that one night stand guy (I said that because I knew he would not appear tomorrow) and she said "Ellie, remember to cook dinner and replace me at work down the street after school." I nodded in return, eyeing the guy and shooting death glares but the guy took the chance to throw me a few glances and a wink. I glared at him and I managed to control my urged to not stabbed him with the letter opener knife lying on the coffee table. Such disgusting creature.

~~~~~~~~~~

Finally half a day in school went by as quickly as the summer wind, I could barely registered the subjects taught because of the tiredness but I would study on my own free time when I have the quiet time. Which I usually had when I was not replacing Elise at work or doing housework. The bell rang, signalling the end of first half and I was heading towards my locker to empty my bag, preparing for the next lesson when I heard "Ellie, Want to chill" -Mabel said first- "in town later after school?" -Max continued the sentence- They were the school's only twins and they looked exactly alike, except that they were a boy and a girl. Nobody would know if they switch roles - dress up as each other - but I knew them well enough to differentiate. I had remembered once that Mabel had fallen very ill and her piano recital was the day after, Max dress up as his sister and went ahead to the piano recital. To our surprised, he won the first prize. Nobody knew or suspected till this day but they were my two best friends (my only friends, in fact.), so I kinda knew that Max was the one in place. It was epic because their parents had not mentioned anything after and Mabel stopped taking piano lessons after.

"Nah, I'm going home to cook for Daphane and I have to work later. Thanks for asking though." I smiled warmly and replied them both. As much as I would like to let my hair down and party with them, I had to take care of Daphane first before she even got any chance to complain to mum. If that happened, I am doom. They knew from the start that I was tired of all these treatments from my family and that was why Mabel and Max were always here for me. "Okay" -Max said- "take care and we love you." -Mabel continued- Mabel hugged me tightly and her fruity perfume filled my nose, while Max just gave me a pat on my shoulder. She was the best of the best, not forgetting Max. After awhile, they waved goodbye to me before walking off towards the direction of the school library.

It was Math lesson but Mrs Gibson didn't came to school today due to personal reasons so we ended up having 2 hours of free period. And since this was the last period, I gathered all my belongings and made my way to the school library to do some catching up on the lessons I zoned out and my homework. I was reading a book I borrowed from the library, 'The girl who could fly' and didn't noticed where I was heading towards until I knocked onto someone. I lost my balance which caused me to stagger backwards a bit but I managed to regain balance after awhile though that hit sent all my notes and books onto the ground.

My bag fell off my shoulders on to my arm and papers that were slotted into my books scattered everywhere. I had not noticed the person I knocked but I looked around at the empty corridor and was glad that nobody was out. Everyone was having lesson and nobody would step on my papers. I was too distracted by my empty environment and papers on the floor to actually took notice of the Blond hair guy picking up my papers.

When I came to realisation that it was him that I knocked into, I gasped. I stared at his blond hair for awhile and spoke "I can do it myself." Before squatting down to pick the other half of my books and papers. It was then at that point in time that I realised I took lots of notes during class and I kinda freaked out at the fact that maybe that was why people outcast me. But the guy still hadn't spoken yet. After a few awkward silence of picking, which I mentally hoped that he would break the silence between us, he spoke "It's okay, I knocked into you. I should help." We both looked up and our eyes locked. I stared into his magnificent shade of enchanting green eyes, which reminded me of a rare gem I came across in the collection section of the library. His eyes reflected a hint of shock when our eyes met (his shock was obvious because he had his nicely shaped mouth slightly ajar) but he hid his shock quickly with a grin that melted my heart instantly.

Sensing the tension that was building up by our eye contact, he cleared his throat slightly and loud enough for me to hear and I blinked, looking away so that we broke the eye contact. I looked down, having my long hair to cover up my slightly heating up face and acted busy, sorting my own papers. I felt my face turning redder by the seconds, while he continued picking up papers, as if nothing happened. While picking, our hands brushed against each other a few times and we both withdrew a little every time, before glancing up to each other. The tingling electric shock I felt from his accidental brushes were too overwhelming. This encounter was just too Enchanting as if it was meant to be.

"Thank you for your help." I said as he handed me the papers he picked. I stuff them all into my bag and picked up the book I borrowed, from the ground beside me. Still squatting, He flashed me a smile that allowed his dimples to show slightly. Any girl would kill to be in my position, because he was so handsome and enchanting. Like a perfect character that had walked out of a fairytale book, waiting to sweep any girl off the ground. From the way he talked to the way he smiled sweetly at me. I might faint any moment from the intense sweetness he gave out. But I managed to control myself.

"You're welcome. What's your name, my lady?" He asked politely while staring into my turquoise eyes. I was stun at him calling me "my lady", who would have thought that someone like him would be so polite and such a gentleman. I blinked before saying, (more like whispering) "Ellie, my name is Ellie Swift." Nodding a little as if making a mental note, He stood up and offered a hand to me. His manners were so polished and precise that I would instantly link him as someone from the royal family. That was because normal high school boys would not be bother to lend a helping hand when you fell, they would very much just laugh their head off. I took his outstretched hands and he pulled me up elegantly which closes the gap between us and just inches away from him with his hands position themselves nicely on my waist. (Yep, any girls would want to be this close with a handsome guy.)

"What a nice and unique name, Ellie." He smiled and said. His cologne crept it's way into my nose now that we were so close, he smelt of roses with a hint of sweet cinnamon. Still not letting me go from his embrace, he continued saying, "and my name is Ethan. Nice to meet you." And it began the intense eye to eye stared. Should I call him smiley Ethan or angelic Ethan?

All my senses left my body and I stood there, in his arms, staring and gaping at him like a fish out of water. Ethan? Like Ethan, Ethan? Unbelievable, Gardina's prince was also called Ethan. He seemed unaware that his name was Gardina's Prince name because if he had noticed, he was doing a very good job of hiding it. But I think it was a coincidence that they had the same name right? I meant like.... A lot of people on earth would have the name Ethan. But how could it be such a coincidence? Maybe I am thinking too much. Maybe it was really a coincidence. Was this some kind of a sick joke? Maybe it was all my delusional thinking. But I knew better because I practically knew everyone in town, thanks to my workplace as a book keeper.

In the midst of my stoning and confusion, a thought crossed my mind and I heard myself asking "Are you related to the Prince of Gardina? And are you new here?" After realizing what I said, or rather, what I voiced out from my thoughts, I covered my mouth with my free hand and mentally reprimanded myself. I looked into his eyes and it glinted with amusement, obviously he was enjoying every moment of this. Maybe he was a big bully and acted sweet and all to have a bet with his other minions. Before letting me go from the awkward "hug" since 10mins ago, his answer was "Do I looked like him? And yes, I'm new here."

This was way too much of a coincidence. I couldn't simply accept it, or maybe I really am overthinking. Maybe heaven was playing a joke on me, like for lying to my parents about Daphane and not defending myself for my rights. But it was just too scary to admit that Ethan and the Prince had the same name. I shook my head a little to clear the thoughts and hope that they would just fly out like those in the cartoons but it was obviously not happening because it was still in my head. I started walking away from him without saying a word but I felt him following me.

I continued walking without stopping and he continued following, not asking a single question along the way. He finally caught up with me while keeping up with my fast pace and he asked "Have you seen Gardina's Prince before?" when we reached my favourite and personal spot in the school library. The very top floor with a garden and a small table, including a tiny kitchen. The entire garden floor's mine and nobody dares to step in. For it was prohibited to other school users and they feared the punishment that the principal would give if they stepped in.

I got the whole garden because my parents made sure the school built it, despite the school's objection because they wanted to make a hilltop swimming pool for the students. My mum especially, said that it was so that their daughter didn't get disturb or bullied by others in the school. From how I see it, it was that mum didn't want me to have any friends, like she thinks that I had no time to socialise because I had to take care of Daphane. So, the principal built it with much reluctant and god knows how much they paid for my isolation but now that it was being built, the garden was like a second home to me.

I placed my library book on the table and I heard "Have you?" He asked again when I didn't reply to his previous question. He didn't seem to realise that we've entered a new ground. I turned around slowly and said "Never in my life have I seen the Prince." With much annoyance in my voice. That was when he turned away from me and stopped on the spot. Weird, where was Betty? That girl would usually greet me at the doorstep the moment I opened the door.

His eyes widen at the scenery played out before him, the smell of roses filled my nose and butterflies flew past us. "Where am I?" He asked curiously and cautiously, eyes wandering around, as if out of nowhere a monster would appear and ripped him apart. After what seemed like it was a safe surrounding, he let out a breath he seems to be holding since he came up.

Still staring at his beautiful confused face, "It's my garden in the school." I replied, eyeing him and his actions. hmmm, weird, where's Betty? I had been standing here long enough for her to walk out from wherever she was. "You have a garden? and we're still in the school?" He asked in an astonished voice, as if he didn't believed his own words. He glanced around again and scratched the back of his head in confusion.

I nodded when he turned to stare at me with open mouth and I pointed to the door behind him, which read "Ellie only. anyone caught coming up here would be punished." And our principal's signature across the note placed there. He looked nervously from the door to me and back again before saying "Will I be punished?" And pointed to himself. I felt like laughing out loud when he asked a question like that but I managed to control my laughter and posture while replying "No, because you're with me." I shifted my book and bag to the other side of the table before pouring a cup of Strawberry tea for him and me. He seems to heave a sign of relieve and sat down opposite me, sipping his tea, slowly and elegantly, as if he's at home. He seems relaxed.

The moment he placed his cup of tea down on the saucer with a sharp "click" sound echoing through the garden, Betty, my dog, came running and jumping on him. Ethan let out a short yelp and fell backwards onto the floor. I was too stun by the sudden movement to react but started laughing. Betty was a golden retriever with especially soft and shiny golden fur. I did not need to worry about her food and all because the principal had agreed on helping me buy in the promise of me acing all my tests in school. Ethan had managed to laughed and get Betty off his lap before brushing off the dust.

When the laughter died down and Betty was calm down from the excitement of seeing someone new, I opened up my bag and arranged my notes before I started on my homework while he was walking round the garden and exploring. Occasionally, he would stroking Betty lightly at the stomach and she would lie there, happy to be entertained. "You want to meet the Prince?" He asked out of the sudden, breaking the slience and startling me.

I stopped writing and turned, hoping to look into his pair of green eyes but I was met with his back and he was playing with Betty, gently stroking her fur. I glanced at his muscular arms and messy blond hair. "Yeah, If only I can." I answered sounding a little disappointed but I quickly cover it up by laughing a little. I mean, that was the most impossible thing on earth. The prince was someone who came from the Royal family. Me? Just a small town girl living in a fairytale world. He nodded his head and stopped stroking Betty which made her bark. Betty's bark echo through the garden, breaking the silence.

~~~~~~~~

Finally I got rid of Ethan and reached home. What a weird guy he was, for a newcomer in school, he certainly had no trouble making friends. I had about an hour left before going to the bookstore where Daphane 'work'. ( she took it cause she didn't want mum to be angry with her), and now it was my work. Her dinner was ready and I doubt she would be home anytime soon. I made my way upstairs and grabbed the nearest clothes I saw, a plain blue shirt and jeans. I plaited my long hair while heading downstairs and pulled my sweaters on. I was ready to go to work, I glance at the wall clock and it was 7.15 pm. With one last glance of myself at the mirror, I walked out of the door, locking it.

I stood at my doorstep, taking in everything around me. Night life had finally begun as I walked down the streets and shops are lighted brightly. People are walking around and chatting, some on the phones. The bookstore where Daphane "work" was just down the street and I kinda like working there, I meant like the storeowner was a very bubbly lady. I reached 'Bookies' and I was greeted warmly by the storeowner, Mrs Jimes.

I pushed open the door and stepped into the warm shop and the bell jingle. Mrs Jimes smiles when she spotted me by the door while I hung my sweater on the coat hook. From the corner of my eyes, I saw her figure walked over to me. "Hello Honey." She said hugged me tightly. I smiled and returned the hug. I was happy that everyday I got to hug her. My parents only hugged Daphane since I was young, they never hugged me before. I guess I lacked of family love. She released me from her motherly hug and tucked my loose fringe behind my ears, "How was your day?" She asked. Her own shade of full blue eyes stared into my eyes and I let out a small smile before answering with much energy, "doing well!" Though she was kind and treated me like her own daughter, but She didn't know how Daphane and my parents treated me. So I couldn't tell her much and she's an outsider so, I just kept it inside me. The lesser people knew, the more I can act happy without them worrying. But just how long could I hold this building bubble inside me?

~~~~~~~

It was 8.30pm and only a few regular customers came, which I greeted them with a wave. Nothing new, but I enjoyed sitting at the stool near the cashier, which was by the huge window, watching people walking up and down in the chilly night. I stared outside for a while, lost in my own thoughts when I heard the bell on the door went off, signalling that someone had stepped in. Curiosity had the best of me and I turned my head towards the direction of the door to see who had stepped in. To my utter surprise, I saw a pair of green eyes looking at me, reflecting the same emotions as my own pair of eyes, shocked. I managed to snapped out of it and asked "Ethan?" just as Mrs Jimes came out and said "Oh, you're here, Pr.... Ethan." Woah. How did Mrs Jimes knew him? Was he a regular? how did I not know him before? I meant, I worked here long enough to know who were the regulars and who ain't. I looked from Mrs Jimes to Ethan and wondered how they knew each other for I have not seen him stepped foot in here before. Mrs Jimes seems a little nervous and she fidgets but Ethan was not showing any emotions, just smilling. His perfect smile with dimples. So perfect it's like he printed it on his face.

Breaking the awkward atmosphere, Ethan was the first to spoke, "Mrs Jimes, nice to see you. Ellie and I met before in school." and Mrs Jimes nodded and smile before walking to the storeroom, mumbling something. After she left, I shifted my gaze back on Ethan, "Did you stalked me, Ethan?" I asked accusingly and narrowing my eyes at him. Suspicious newcomer guy he was and creepy. First appearing everywhere I went and then knowing my work place owner.

Giving a nice dimple smile which took my off guard and I wavered a bit, He replied "Why can't I stalk a beautiful girl like you?" And leaned in over the counter, our face inches apart. The only thing separating our bodies are the counter where customers paid for the books. His green eyes searching my turquoise eyes and I felt my pulse quicken. Sensing that I would blush anytime soon, I drew back a little and let out a cough.

"Newcomer's a Stalker." I said and he just did a salute to me as he walked to the bookshelves beside the counter. Ethan was the first guy to talked to me, except Max. Nobody in school had the ability to talked to me for so long and they probably won't dare. They were afraid that I had some weird infection and it would be spread to them. I wondered just what made Ethan so brave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 19 16
Ellie is a normal 17 year old with almost perfect grades, no talent in "girly things"... or so she thought. This is a story about a girl whose life c...
40K 817 52
Rose a normal 17 year old girl. Her life was rough but normal, normal until she meets them.
1.4K 134 18
Ellie, a headstrong 22-year-old postgraduate student, sees The Royal Monarchy as the relic of the past. However, she begins to have her beliefs teste...
612 3 30
After great tragedy of two loved ones' deaths, Ellie Flaire goes to 9th grade. After accidentally humiliating a jock on the first day, a war breaks o...