Look at the Stars

By nofaultsinthesestars

Faith just moved away from her hometown and her ex-boyfriend to a small town that has a fresh start to offer... More

Beginning Note
Moving
A New Home
What I Left Behind
Summer Blues
Something Fun
Batter Up
Games
Coffee
Classes
End of Summer
The First Day
Leaf Wars
Sports
Practice
Team Spirit
Homecoming
The Hangover
The Official First Date
Epilogue

Spirit Week

14 0 0
By nofaultsinthesestars

"My god, Faith, what the hell are you wearing?" My mom exclaimed as I arrived for breakfast. I understood her shock; I mean, it wasn't everyday that I arrived in a dress from the 70's and tall boots.

"Spirit week, remember? I mentioned it yesterday." I lathered Nutella on my piece of toast. She stared at my outfit a little while longer before walking upstairs, head shaking. 

School looked weird today, with mostly everyone decked out in 70's clothing. I made my way to my locker to start the week. I grabbed my history binder before seeing an arm rest against a locker. 

"Hey Bla- oh hi Adrian." I said, looking up. "You know, I don't think you should ever time travel back to the 70's." He pulled at his patterned shirt and frowned at his pants.

"Well, I can't say the same for you." He replied. "You look awesome."

"I try." 

"Well I think you look hot, Adrian." Sarah commented while passing us on the way to her locker. I rolled my eyes, both at her moves towards Adrian and the shortness of her dress. A centimeter higher and her panties would be in full view.  

"Why thank you Sarah." Adrian glanced at her before turning back to me. "The real reason I am here is to ask you to homecoming before somebody else snatches you up." He took my hand. "Will you, Faith, accompany me to the homecoming dance this Friday?" My cheeks flushed.

"I would love to, Adrian." I hugged him. "But now that we are going together, we should help out two of our friends."

"Gavin and Caitlin?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded. 

"Adrian, my handsome date, will you talk to Caitlin while I talk to Gavin? Let's do it right now, because I don't have any classes with Gavin."

"Anything for you, my lovely date." Adrian hugged me again and we seperated, me heading to Photography to find Caitlin and Adrian heading to his first period class. It was still early, so a crowd had not yet gathered in front of the classroom. 

"Caitlin?" I called into the room. After receiving no answer, I entered the classroom. Film strips littered the desks and photos, in black and white as well as color, were stapled to the corkboards on every wall. Caitlin's bag was in front of her camera, which was resting in its bag on a table beside a pile of canisters. 

"Hey Faith." Caitlin walked out of the dark room. "What are you doing here?"

"Just saying hi."

"Caitlin? Do you want me to hang your negatives?" Someone called from the darkroom.

"Yeah, that would be great. Thanks Gavin." She replied, blushing slightly. I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"He ask you?" I asked her, whispering. She shook her head.

"Not yet."

 "Well, keep hoping." I hugged her and left for gym. 

After changing into my gym uniform, which consisted of running shorts and a shirt from middle school. I sat down on the bleachers immediately, because I didn't  have anybody to talk to. Cameron was in my gym class, but so were Sarah, Dylan, and Esmie, and I had no desire to talk to either of them. 

"Partners for the workout today are..." The gym teacher started rattling off a list of names, "Sarah and Faith..." 

This was going to be a long gym period.

The color purple is my favorite color, which became instantly apparent when I walked into school with purple shoes, purple leggings, a purple skirt, and a purple top. I didn't even buy anything for it. Blake, who was in a purple suit, had a spray can in his hand and was spraying purple highlights into various people's hair. Caitlin's ends were colored. 

"Hey, Blake, can you do my bangs?" I asked him. He pulled them closer to him.

"Shut your eyes." I did as he told and he quickly sprayed the color on. "There you go. Hopefully I didn't get any on you."

"Don't worry, I'm using purple eyeliner anyway." I replied. I was going to wear more purple eyeliner later; it really brought out my green eyes. Caitlin walked up in a purple dress. 

"Good purplening!" She exclaimed. "I can't believe what just happened! Gavin asked me to homecoming!"

"Congratulations!" Blake hugged her. 

"Finally." I hugged after Blake did. After talking to a very excited Caitlin, I made my way over to the band room to drop off my clarinet. Adrian was sitting down next to his saxophone while Sarah attempted to make conversation, with her flute nowhere in sight. 

"Yep." Adrian replied to something Sarah said while focusing on his music. "Oh, hey Faith." He greeted me, looking up. Sarah scooted closer to him while cutting her eyes at me. I sat next to Adrian on his other side.

"So, Adrian." Sarah started, "Who are going to the dance with?"

I rolled my eyes. 

"I am going with this lovely lady here." Adrian responded, resting his arm on my shoulder and giving me a one-armed hug. "Sorry."

"Whatever." Sarah stormed out of the band hall.

"I can't believe I used to like her." Adrian murmured. I hugged him again. I enjoyed hugging, I really did. He was warm; it was like hugging a teddy bear that hugged you back. It gave me a warm feeling inside. I had a huge crush on Adrian, and I was done with Jason. 

"Neither can I." I answered.

"I meant to ask you, will you come to the football game with me before the dance? Cameron is making me go with him and Esmie to the game, and I don't really want to go alone."

"I would love to, Adrian."

Before the game, Caitlin wanted me to meet her and Gavin in the photography room so we could go to the game together. Adrian and I waited in the photography room, but neither of them came out, even after we called their names several times.

"I'm going to go into the darkroom." I told Adrian, putting my coat down. I walked into the dark corrider, my eyes adjusting and showing me the walls. Eventually, the passage opened up into the dark room, which was only illuminated by a small red bulb. I covered my mouth at what I saw.

Caitlin and Gavin were making out in front of a sink.

I quickly walked back to the classroom so I wouldn't disturb the couple. 

"Where are they?" Adrian asked. I quickly sat down, shaking my head.

"I'll tell you later."

Five minutes later, Caitlin walked out of the darkroom, her hair messed up. Almost as if she read my mind, she pulled out a hairbrush from her bag.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Faith?"

"I CANNOT UNSEE WHAT I HAVE SEEN." I declared. Caitlin looked quizzically at Adrian. 

"Don't ask me, I think she's finally lost it."

"Hey, I lost my sanity a long time ago." I punched Adrian in the arm. Gavin came into the room, standing awkwardly next to Caitlin. 

"Having fun in there?" I innocently asked him. His face went red, and he tried to lean away from Caitlin.

"What?! No..um...lets just go." Gavin and Adrian began walking out.

"Now what were you implying?" Caitlin asked.

"I saw you making out with Gavin." I sang, skipping out of the classroom before she could comprehend what I had said.

"FAITH YOU BASTARD!" She shouted, running after me. "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND PRIVACY?"

"Adrian, protect me from the evil Caitlin monster!" I hid behind him. 

"I'm going to stran- oh my gosh Gavin put me down!" Gavin had picked Caitlin up, bridal style, and started walking out of Washington, with Adrian and I following behind them. 

1290 Words!

The next chapter will be the game and the dance. I was thinking about my story and I had this funny idea: what if Faith caught Gavin and Caitlin making out? So I incorporated it.

I'm sorry this took so long to write. I had writers block because finals are next week. Speaking of exams, the next update might take a while because I'll be studying (trying to maintain those A's)

Please please please comment something. I'll accept criticism and of course, compliments. Comment your own story and I'll be more than happy to check it out and become a fan.! Comment something. Say hello. I want to know that you're out there, dear readers! (I'd really appreciate it)

IF YOU LIKE MY STORY SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE WHO MIGHT LIKE IT TOO :)

<3 FAN, COMMENT, VOTE <3

NOFAULTSINTHESESTARS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 5 12
Leah is happy with living with her sister and mom, but is soon faced with the drama of having to move to her dad's house. At first she is full of ang...
30.6K 691 44
Chelsea Upton, 15 moves far away from her best friends, find out what happens when she moves.
182 18 16
The story about a teenager who looses someone very close to him, struggling with the events that happened that night and things in his past. Struggli...
170 1 14
Amanda's life is going alright. She has alot of friends, a boyfriend, her two parents, and a bunch of money. But the day her parents are arrested c...