The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 3

87.2K 1.6K 234
By danielleward136

Hi guys... I thought I would post this chapter a little bit early... I hope you've enjoyed the previous two chapters and I hope you enjoy this one. 

There is a picture of Jake on the side as well ->

There is also two videos at the side which are 'starlight' and 'undisclosed desires' both of them are by muse... hope you enjoy them :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayden’s POV

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP

I groaned as I pressed the silent button on my alarm which read 6:30. I slowly dragged myself up and climbed out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for school. After showering and changing into my school uniform. I made my way back into my bedroom and grabbed a brush and ran it through my hair, leaving it to do whatever it wanted to do as it usually took control of itself. I took my school bag off of the floor, at the bottom of my bed, and walked over to my desk. I tried to shove all of my school books that I needed today into my bag and surprisingly they all successfully fitted in for a change. As I walked out of my bedroom door I grabbed my IPod quickly off my stereo before running downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to grab some money out of the usual pot off of the top shelf in the cupboard until I saw an orange post-it note on the fridge:

So sorry I can’t drop you of today. I’m going to be home late. Emily said you can have dinner at her place. Love you loads Mum xx

I sighed I knew it was too good to be true: my mum making breakfast in a morning and dropping me off to school. I looked at my watch and it read 7:00 which means I have enough time to walk to Starbuck’s, possibly get some breakfast whilst I’m there, and sit down for a while to read a chapter of the ‘Blood Brothers’ play until it’s time to start walking to school so then I can get there on time. Deciding that that was my plan for the morning I started to lock the front door and walk towards starbucks. As I was walking I started to plug my headphones into my iPod and plug the headphones into my ears so then I could listen to Cobra Starship until I reached Starbucks. As I opened the door and walked into the place I could smell the amazing coffee smell that it always has and the silent atmosphere due to it having a low number of customers in the morning. I walked straight up to the counter where I was served by a really pale guy who could have been mistaken for a vampire, with really long black hair, he reminded me a little bit of Aro from New moon, but not as old and he was taller.

I shook my head. I read them books to much. I thought.

“Hi what would you like today?” he asked in a tone that sounded like he’d not had enough sleep or he was suffering from a hangover.

“Urm... could I have a hot chocolate with whipped crème and chocolate sprinkles on top and a pain au chocolat please”

“Anything else?”

“No thanks” I said as I paid for my order. I started to walk towards the waiting area when I saw someone, who was sat down, look up at me with a smile on his face.

“Hayden?”

“Jake” I said. Whoa does this guy always have a smile on his face. Not a creepy one just a nice, kind, warm, pleasant smile.

“I think they’re running a bit slow today” he replied as he nodded towards the kitchen area.

“Oh ok” I smiled a small smile and turned around so then  was facing the table where people’s orders are placed. Ok so I find it hard to talk to people especially guys due to me being anti-social and knowing what to say to people.

“Hot Chocolate anyone?” I heard someone say at the orders table. I went to grab the takeout cup but a tanned hand reached around me to grab the cup. I turned around to come face to face with the person that had taken my order otherwise known as Jake Peterson.

“Urm... I think you have my o-”

“Hot chocolate with whipped crème and sprinkles” I heard someone say. I turned around quickly and grabbed the cup and the pain au chocolat. I started to make my way to the table near the door in front of the window until I saw Jake stood there with a smile on his face whilst taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

“I’m sorry for before” I said whilst pointing to where I had thought he took my order. “It’s just ... I thought you’d-”

“-taken you’re order. Don’t worry about it.” He interrupted.

“Ye” I laughed “see ya later” I said starting to make my way to the table.

Jake’s POV

Don’t do it Jake, Don’t do it I know you find her fascinating but don’t do it my brain kept repeating whilst I watched Hayden walk away. I pressed my hand on the door to push it open and took a deep breath.

Don’t do it, Don’t do it, Don’t do-

I turned around and made my way over to her table. “Hayden do you want a ride to school?” I asked as she turned around to look at me.

You did it, you idiot you should have just let her walk to school. I mean you don’t even know the girl.

“I mean you’d be there a little bit early but it’s up to you” I said as I saw her hesitate.

“Urm... if you don’t mind” she answered.

I shook my head “no of course not. This way” I said as I walked in the direction of the doors. I held the door open for her and then walked towards my car, which was just round the corner.

Good luck being sat in a car with her. Just you and her. Alone. In a car. Where no one can see you.

What the hell... I thought... I wish my conscience would shut up sometimes.

Hayden’s POV

As I followed Jake round the corner where he must have parked his car, I’m guessing, I saw the same Nissan from yesterday the exact same one. I then saw the headlights flash meaning that the car had just been unlocked. I looked around to see who the car could have belonged to but no one was around. I looked back towards the car and noticed that Jake was stood near the passenger door holding it open. I walked over to him very slowly.

“This is your car?” I asked him

“Ye” he nodded

“Bbb... but no offence... but how could you afford that on a teacher’s salary?”

He started laughing “I just can. So are you gonna get in or are you planning on standing there all day”

“Ye...” I said in awe. Wow this was Jake’s car. How could he afford such a car? I mean it’s not every day you see a teacher driving a sports car. Whoa this is a dream come true. I climbed in and started to look round the car in awe until I heard the bang of the car door come from the right of me, causing me to jump back to reality. I know people say never get in a car with a stranger but he isn’t exactly a stranger is he?

“You don’t mind being a little early to school?” he asked me.

“No... no it’s fine I can just get everything prepared for my lessons today and finish some homework off.”

“Ok” he smiled a little at me.

All of a sudden I heard a very soft, quiet rumble indicating that he had just started the car.

“Wow” I said “the engine’s so quiet” I started to slowly reach out towards the dashboard just to touch it. Ok yes you know I’m a freak but like I said this is a dream come true for me.

He laughed as he pulled out of his parking spot on the side of the road “ye she runs like a dream.”

“I bet she does” I started to slowly bring my hand away from the dashboard before he started to think I was a creep. Although then again what was new everyone thought I was a creep so why shouldn’t he. The radio started to play ‘starlight’ by muse, one of my favourite songs, so I decided, being the idiot that I am, I’d start mumbling the words to the song, hopefully he wouldn’t hear me.

“Wait, you listen to muse?” Damn it he heard me mumbling along.

“Ye... they’re pretty good I have a few of their songs on my IPod.”

“Seriously?” he asked a little bit shocked but he still had that small smile on his face that was so contagious. I nodded a little to answer his question. “Have you heard there latest album ‘The Resistance’... that’s really good”

“Ye” I said nodding at him, smiling. I don’t understand why I fell so comfortable around Jake but it was just that when I talked to him I could actually have a conversation with him about anything and he would listen. And that smile... I don’t think I’ve ever smiled so much in my life compared to last night and now this morning.

“So what’s your favourite song on the album?” he asked.

“I couldn’t say... I like all of them but I have to say I love MK ultra and undisclosed desires.”

“Ye there really good” he said looking at me  but the look on his face was a look as if he was looking into my eyes like trying to find more information about me. I blinked and quickly looked away to hide the blush that was starting to warm my cheeks.

The rest of the car journey passed by quickly and very quietly, however the silence wasn’t awkward or anything it was... nice. I mean this is the longest conversation I’ve ever had about something I’m interested in and I wasn’t talking to my mum.

“Hayden” I heard someone say. I turned and looked to my right. “We’re here” he said.

I looked out the window and saw that we were in the teacher’s car park. I didn’t realize we had arrived. I grabbed my school bag off of the car floor and grabbed the handle of the door but it soon disappeared from underneath my hand. I looked up and saw that Jake had opened the door for me. As I slowly climbed out the car I said thanks as he smiled at me. I started towards the school entrance when I felt someone grab hold of my upper arm, gently. I turned around and came face to face with Jake again.

“Hey where are you gonna go now that your early?”

“Urm... the library where I usually go and just research some things”

 “Oh ok... cya later then” he smiled at me and started to walk towards the block where his classroom was. Why was I being so affected by Jake? ... I mean all last night I thought of how much I actually enjoyed dinner and how I wanted to know if I had Jake as my teacher. Urg... I don’t understand why I dreamt of his smile though... what does it mean? I turned around and started to head in the direction of the library. Hopefully someone will be in there this early.

Jake’s POV

I started walking towards my classroom and started thinking about the other night... if Hayden was impressed with my car she would love to come to a race I bet. And she likes Muse so now that means I can talk to her about something else besides school when our families have dinner together now. Hopefully she won’t feel awkward having her teacher come to dinner.

I turned the corner and unlocked the door leading into my room and walked straight over to my computer. I put my satchel style bag on to the desk and took out the papers that I’d graded from yesterday and started to log in to my account on the school system. I sat down whilst the computer was warming up and looked at my plan for today’s classes until I saw my phone light up. I looked at it and saw that I’d been challenge tonight against the Piranha’s. That’ll be like a walk in the park. I texted Scott to tell him to meet me at the usual place for tonight. I waited for a couple of minutes until my phone made a sound to indicate that I had a new message. I opened it and read it saying that he’ll be there with the guys. As I put the phone into one of the pockets on my casual suit/jacket thing... whatever you call them. I heard someone clear their throat which caused me to look in the doorway and see Hayden.

“Hey I thought you were going to the library” I said to her smiling.

“I would... but no one’s in so... is... is it ok... if I come in here?” she asked whilst looking down towards the floor. I swear I saw a blush but noooo... Why would she blush?

“Of course sit down. Do you have any work?” I asked her as she moved to a seat in the front row at the end of the room. She nodded and started to take a book out of her bag. I sat there for a while in silence trying to focus on my plans but just nothing... literally nothing was going into my mind... I didn’t even know if the letters on the page made words anymore.

“I’m just gonna get some textbooks for first lesson” I told her and started to make my way towards my little office at the back of the room which consisted of a desk, a small couch and all the textbooks that I needed. I don’t understand why there’s a couch in there... but oh well. Anyway as I entered the room I realized that I’d been holding my breath whilst I was sat in the room. That’s why all the words were going blurry. However, why had I held my breath? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Please comment, vote, fan and add to library 

I'm also interested to know what you guys think might happen in the next chapter and what Hayden's day at school might go like?

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 39.4K 48
For as long as Niharika could remember, she led a simple life overshadowed by her own misery. Despite belonging to a well-established family and bein...
380K 10.8K 72
I ... I didn't even knew I was going to marry him till yesterday. I have no way to go now. I can't be stuck in loveless marriage, I can never marry...
1.9M 35.4K 57
Amelia has had a tough life and it all got even worse when her dad returned from his trip. He has sold her to the Perez family for money. How could...
313K 20.9K 47
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...