↠ wild spirit {calum hood au}...

By tchaikensky

"oh really so what are you then? miss piano slash cello girl?" "the angel from your nightmares." "is that so... More

↠ wild spirit {c.h} ↠
prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09 /scarlett/
10 /calum/
11
12
13
14
15
epilogue
update

08

17.9K 548 146
By tchaikensky

scarlett's pov

It has been three days since I last saw Calum. Possibly because I've been out sick with multiple migraines in a row; it's never ending. I moped around the house, waiting for dad or Violet to get home, during the day I just watch re-runs of older shows that I have no interest in. I mostly sleep instead of watching the television. All homework was put aside; it is too much and boring. "Honey, I'm home!" A voice rang through the house, it was probably Violet doing her awful man impression for her drama class. It has improved.

"Vi, my head hurts shut u-" I rounded the corner with my hands on my temples, "nice to see you, Calum." I walked back into the lounge room, he followed close behind me.

"You've missed a lot at school." He stated, fumbling with an envelope he had in his hands, I eyed it and eyed him, he caught my stare and smiled.

"I got into Stanford, they're letting me play soccer there!" He jumped around the couch, and ran into the kitchen then back to the lounge room. "Scar, do you know how long I've been dreaming about this?!" he twirled around the couches and fell onto the cushion right next to mine.

"Yes Calum, I'm trying to watch the television so if you don't mind please shut up." I snapped, we had a plan to go to school together.

"Well then I guess you don't want to hear about your scholarships then." He smirked, holding another envelope in his hand. "Oh, I brought Mila, Mr. Bircham said we had to hang out with her today. He told us that we've moved further into the unit so we're spending. the night at each other's house for the weekend. I vote your house, your room is cool." he smiles, I don't even think he took a breath in that whole miniature speech.

"Firstly, give me the envelope. Secondly, we're not doing it at my house because Violet and Ashton are probably going to sleep here. AI vote for your place, it's cute and cozy." I smiled at him, ripping the package out of his arms.

I opened it eagerly, cutting my finger on the corners a few times. I pulled out three papers, there is one from NYU, Stanford, and Princeton. My lips curved into a smile, reading all of the acceptance letters and scholarship awards I received. I read over one of them, my mouth flying open, "Cal, this one is for both of us.." I pointed to the paper with both of our names on it.

"Really?" He smiled and sat next to me on the couch, wrapping his hands around my waist and snuggling into me. I opened it and pulled it out, it was for NYU,

Dear Mr. Calum Hood and Ms. Scarlett Dawson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into NYU on a full scholarship of musical arts.
Classes start August fourteenth of this year, 2013.

Please get back to us before 07.07.13. We cannot wait to see you both in the musical arts program if you join us.

-NYU Board of Education and NYU Board of Musical Arts.

I sat on the couch, my mouth hanging open, and Calum smiling from ear to ear. "We got in! We got into three amazing schools Calum!" I jumped off the couch and ran around the house screaming in excitement. Everyone dreams about getting accepted into college when they're little, or where they'll go. Just like how girls plan their weddings. "I could kiss you right now I'm so happy!" I screamed running in front of him jumping around.

"I'm not stopping you." He smirked looking at my lips then back at my eyes.

"Sorry lover boy, not happening. You should probably go now. Dad and Vi are going to be home soon." I pushed him to the door, my arms started to get burning sensations in the elbow area, "Cal my a-" I was cut off by Calum falling backwards onto me, "Calum! Get your fat ass up! You're crushing me!" I shouted at him, he didn't move. I pushed him off of me, crawling overto him, pushing loose strands of my hair behind my ear, "Calum.." My voice was quiet, I started to panic, my hands started to skae, my heart sped up. "Calum.. Please." I muttuered, leaning over his body, His chest wasn't rising or falling, he had a faint pulse.

I strattled his body, lightly hitting his chest repeating the same words, "wake up, wake up." Panic taking over I ran to the phone, tears streaming down my face. I don't know what I was afraid of, he was just some boy who helped me with a solo; and some how turned out to be my partner. I ran back to his unconcious body, still pale and unmoved. My vision was blurry a small voice cam from next to me.

"Scarlett?" It was weak, barely audible. "I need to tell you something before I-I go." The small voice of Calum Hood was breaking, I crawled into his arms and held him; for the last seconds of his life. "Karma is a bitch." He laughed, "that's revenge for playing dead at my soccer practice." He smiled a sick smile.

My heart nearly broke into a million parts, it was just a sick way of getting revenge? He walked into the kitchen grabbing cookies out of food closet, "so when do you want to leave to my house?" He asked while stuffing his face with cookies, crumbs falling onto the floor.

I looked at him and my mouth fell open, "are you shitting me?! You practically 'died'" I used air quotes and walked up to him and inched my face closer to his, so I had to tilt my head to see him properly, "just to get revenge?! You're a sick sick person!" I screamed, the dried mascara started to burn my cheeks. He looked down at me, wrapping his arms around my waist and twirled us around the floor.

"It's all out of my growing love for you, after-all, we do have that essay to right Scar." He twirled me around and walked us upstairs. "Do you want to stay here or go to my house?" He asked as my foot kicked my door open, causing it to swing back and hit the wall, oops I thought to myself and walked in, our hands laced together.

"Your house, like I said, Ashton and Vi are going to more than likely stay here," I sighed and layed on my bed, "my dad is always gone on work trips, so it's just me and Violet sometimes, joined by her friend with benefits." I looked at my ceiling, "what made you want to be friends with benefits with her anyway?" I was hurt, everyone thought Violet was the hot one, when we both look the same; minus our slight differences. Calum sat next to me, then lowered his body onto the bed.

"Scarlett, why is your dad always gone? Where does he work?" He twirled his index finger in my hair, making partial ringlets.

"His work, not quite sure where he works. He just supports his family. My mom left us a few years ago, no one knows what happened to her. Some say she left my father for her co-worker, others think she just got tired of us." I played with his fingers, knotting them and then wrapping our hands together. "Calum, what are we?" My stomach churned at the words he might speak. Losing him would be like losing the yin to the yang; it wouldn't be whole.

"We are partners. Parterns in this project, and partners musically." He smiled, his eyes didn't crinknle, just a slight, meaningless smile.

calum's pov

"Calum what are we?" Scarlett asked, she had my fingers wrapped around hers, that question always confused me, even when I was alone and thinking about her. Her beautiful eyes, her bright red hair she had to dye every few weeks to keep the color vibrant, even though it could destroy her hair. Her callused finger tips, sometimes soft, but hardly ever smooth. Her vibrant smile, recently braces free; all the little things she thought I ignored about her, were my favorite parts.

I want to tell her how much she means to me, how within the month we've spent together, how I have somehow managed to find myself falling into the depths for her. "We are partners. Partners in this project, and partners musically." I forced a smile, her face fell a bit. My stomach felt heavy, with guilt; it doesn't feel like I'm trying to convince her that we're nothing more than friends.

I'm convincing myself that I don't have feelings for her.

scarlett's pov

"Here we are, home sweet home!" Calum exclaimed, opening his arms at his house door, the same small ash brown house, the same multi-colored flowers and bushes outside his home. "Just meet me in my room, I'll get Mila, some food and some clothes for you." He smiled, pushing me in the direction of his room.

I walked into his dark blue room, a few posters hanging around his room, All Time Low, a tiny One Direction poster, then many soccer posters. I walked over to his bed, the black frame of a double bed and the dark blue duvet, he must really like dark blue if his walls and duvet are dark blue. His bed looked so comfortable, well loved I observed. The pillow to the right was turned sideways and the sheets were messily put back into place. "I see you've observed my room." Calum said, slumped up against the frame of his door. He looked perfect, without even trying. "So, my parents and sister went up to my other sisters college this afternoon while we were at school, so I guess it's you and I tonight, babe." He smiled, he pushed his head into the pillow that was messed up when I walked in.

"I'm hungry, be right back." He kissed my forehead and ran out. I sat there, my jaw hanging open, I'm pretty sure I caught flies. I layed down on the left side of his bed, the overwhelming scent of his cologne filling my lungs. I snuggled into the pillow and wrapped myself in the blankets. "Scarlett, you should've waited for me." Calum frowned, throwing a ball of black things at me, "those are your clothes, I presume you'd want to sleep in something comfortable, even though that lovely outfit does flatter your body." He flirted, I threw his pillow at him and walked off to his bathroom.

The mark from my mascara was still on his mirror, I smiled at the memory of him hitting me into the mirror with the door. I changed into the clothes Calum gave me, which I soon found out were too big for me.

"Let's cuddle until time ends and we can't cuddle any longer." Calum smiled, pulling me into his arms and buried me into his warm chest.

Maybe sometimes things will be alright, even in least thought of moments; you'll find out that you've finally found happiness, in his arms.

~~~~~~

omfg it's so short im so sorry :( i'll update again tomorrow bc i feel really bad bc midterms are next week so i'll be really busy. thank you for all the lovely comments they make me smile a lot oOPs. tweet me your favorite part my twitter is @sexclubcalum :)

don't forget to vote/comment/share/fan :)

I JUST PUT THIS UP TO SET UP THE NEXT CHAPTER IM EXCITED OH MY GOD BYE ILY ALL

QUESTION: DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE ESSAYS THEY WRITE ABOUT EACH OTHER IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS? BC I KINDA WANT YOUR OPINIONS. COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK OKAY? OKAY. THANKS LOVELY FRIENDS.

XOXO~ KEN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304 13 90
"There such babes". Title basically.
10.7M 307K 51
"Calum, why is everyone in this town so afraid of you?" [this isn't scary i promise]
86.2K 1.9K 46
calum hood + ariana grande *SOCIAL MEDIA*
78.4K 2.8K 27
unknown number: jesus molly, you're really fucking over-reacting ella: whoever molly is, she sounds like a bitch - or in which calum hood accidenta...