Illegal Innocence (Student/Te...

By InkedValkyrie

What happens when you fall in love.... illegally? Do you avoid it, or continue with it? Avery Winters is faci... More

Author's Note (11.23.2017)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 33

93.4K 1.7K 188
By InkedValkyrie

Chapter 33

"Hi," I said after opening the door. Elliott turned and glanced at me from head to toe, gaping.

"Wow," he said as I stepped out the door. "You look amazing."

I blushed and gazed down at my dress. It was a maroon red, not cut too low, which combined well with my black boots. I zipped up my black leather jacket half way and locked the door behind me, then turned back to him. "Thanks. Ready?"

"Ready."

It took forty-five minutes to get to town. Traffic was slow, mainly because of the on-coming snow storm. The roads were becoming blocked already, and the only sounds were horns honking and people shouting. We finally got to the bar and went inside, grateful for the warmth.

A man, looking a few years older than Elliott, approached us and held out his hand.

"Elliott," he said. Elliott smiled, took the man's hand, and shook it.

"Hello Harry," Elliott said. I scooted closer to Elliott and he tightened his grip around my shoulders.

The man turned and smiled at me, holding out his hand. He smelled of whisky and cheap cologne, but looked nice despite that. He also had a slight Irish accent, which I liked quite a bit. "You must be Avery."

"Yeah," I smiled, taking his hand. He gripped my hand and shook it roughly, then patted me on the shoulder. "It's nice to meet you, Harry."

"And you," he said, nodding. He looked at Elliott and winked. "Got yourself a young one, eh?"

My face grew warm as Elliott laughed. "She looks young, but she's rather feisty."

"Hey!" I protested, trying to hide a smile. Elliott winked down at me and I finally smiled at him.

"This is for you, love," Harry said, taking my wrist. I watched as he put a neon green paper bracelet around my wrist, then let me go. I examined it, and read the big, bold black letters that read: Under 21. "Just in case."

"Thanks," I said.

"Aye." He nodded at us both, then went to greet some of his other friends. Elliott guided me upstairs, which I found to be better than downstairs. Upstairs had a retro theme to it. A red leather couch lined two of the walls, and two pool tables were at the other end. Three plasma screens joined the beer neon signs on the walls, along with posters and pictures. There was railing on one side by the stairs that showed downstairs, which was more of a diner. I preferred upstairs among everything.

"Cool place," I commented. A few people were playing pool, and others were in some of the stools at the tables, drinking beer and talking.

"I thought you'd like it," he said, pulling me to one of the last tables. I took off my jacket and put it on the back of the stool, then sat down across from Elliott.

"Regular drink?" he asked. I nodded and he waved over the waiter. "Two Diet Cokes please." The waiter nodded and walked away again. "Wanna play a game of pool?"

"I've never played," I admitted.

"Never played pool?"

I shook my head, a little embarrassed. 

"That's okay, I'll teach you."

We got up from the table and went to the free pool table. Elliott picked out two pool sticks and set the balls up in a triangle. I stood, holding my stick and watched him carefully. When everything was ready, he came up beside me.

"Okay, this is a game of focus. It's basically geometry and math," he said.

"Great. My worst subject," I said sarcastically.

He laughed, but didn't comment. "Anyways, you want to try and control the ball with the cue."

"The what?"

"The tip of your pool stick. The blue part you rub with this to smooth it out." He held up a square of blue stuff that looked like it could pass as chalk. "Once you smooth out the cue, or the tip, you line up your pool stick with the ball and tap it in the direction you want it to go."

"Well I got that part," I said. "I know that you can't get the white ball into the holes, or you lose a turn or something."

"That's what she said," he chuckled. I slapped him playfully on the arm and hid a smile. "Anyways, you got the idea. It's the same thing with the eight ball. That's the last one you want to knock into a hole. Got it?"

I nodded. "Seems pretty simple. Alright, who's first?"

"Lady's first." He gestured to the pool table and I became nervous. I leaned over the table and set up the cue in alignment with the white ball. My hair fell over my shoulders and touched the green velvet on the pool table as I focused. From the other end of the table, I heard Elliott laughing. I looked up with narrowed eyes, wondering if it was aimed at me.

"What?"

"You're holding the stick all wrong," he said, trying to stop laughing.

"I am?"

He took a few long strides and came up beside me. "Here, let me show you." He placed his right hand over mine and leaned over me. Shivers went up my spine when I felt his stomach touch my back. His face appeared next to mine as he wrapped his arms around me, trying to show me how to hold the pool cue. "Like this."

I relaxed myself as he showed me the proper stance I should use while it was my turn. I was blushing, but it felt nice to have him this close to me. He turned his head so his lips touched my ear. "Think you got it?" he almost whispered.

"Yeah," I said in a shaky breath, nodding to reassure myself. "Yeah, I think I got it."

He removed his hand from mine and moved back to the other side of the pool table, leaving my hand and back cold. I ignored the feeling of loneliness and focused on playing the game.

Becoming eye-level with the cue and white ball, I held my breath, pulled back, and shot. The balls made clacking noises as they all collided with each other, moving in different directions. I became impressed with myself when I realized I had gotten two balls into two of the holes. I went again, but no such luck came in the second time around. I glanced at Elliott, who raised his eyebrows. 

"Not bad." He picked up his pool cue and moved around the table. "But I can do better."

"Yeah, we'll see," I retorted. Now there was nothing I wanted more than to wipe that smug grin off of his face, and all I had to do was go kick his ass in pool. My chances, I concluded, weren't that high. Elliott succeeded in getting three balls into two of the holes in one turn, which earned him another turn. He glanced at me and his grin turned into a cocky smirk. I crossed my arms and tried to plan out the game.

Three turns later, it was my turn. Elliott came up beside me as I leaned over the table, lining up my cue with the white ball. He crossed his arms and stared down at me. "Don't mess up."

I hit the white ball, which in turn collided with the purple ball, hitting the red ball and making it go into the hole. I straightened up, satisfied, and returned the cocky smirk he had given me moments earlier. "I didn't."

"You will," he said, sounding confident.

"We'll see," I shot back.

"We shall."

The game went on for another hour. It got harder and harder, and we were finally down to the last few balls. The eight ball was still on the table, along with a green ball and an orange ball. Elliott lined up his cue, hit the white ball, and made the green one go into the nearest hole.

"Let's see, who's winning so far?" he asked in a cheerful voice.

"You," I sighed. "By like, three."

"That close, huh?" he asked. "I thought I had been more ahead. Oh well. I'm going to win anyways."
"Unless you miss this one."

He leaned over the table and narrowed his eyes, then hit the white ball, which narrowly skimmed the orange ball. I smiled triumphantly and took my position to strike the white ball.

"What time is it?" I asked, lining up my cue.

"Almost eleven-thirty."

I looked around. The second floor had gotten crowded. A waitress was going around handing out beads and hats for midnight. I put my focus back onto the game and hit the ball.

"Ha!" I shouted, watching the orange ball disappear into one of the holes. Elliott's face fell, but regained his coolness and leaned against the table.

"Now you have to get the eight ball in."

"Let's do this," I said, determined. I hit the white ball, which missed the eight ball and bounced off of the side, then disappeared into one of the holes. I hung my head in disappointment and shame. Elliott leaned over me, smirking once more.

"You lose."

"Yeah, only if you get the eight ball in."

"Which I will."

"Bring it on, then."

"Face it, Avery. I've already won." He retrieved the white ball and set it onto the green velvet once more, then aimed and shot. To my dismay, the white ball smacked with the eight ball, causing it to go into the nearest hole. I moaned in defeat as Elliott laughed in triumph. "See?"

"Yeah, whatever," I said, putting my stick back onto the rack. "That was a lucky shot."

"Look at the bright side, you came closer than I thought you would've," he pointed out. "That was good for your first game."

"Necklace?"

I turned around to see a waitress holding out a basket of bead necklaces. "Sure."

I grabbed one and put it around my neck. Elliott did the same and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Are you mad at me?"

I grinned at him. "Why would I be mad at you?"

"Well I just kicked your ass at pool," he commented.

"Eh." I shrugged and took a sip of my Diet Coke. "Hey, Elliott?"

"Yeah?"

"This is our first New Year's together," I said.

"It is," he said in a soft voice. "I'm glad I get to share it with you." He rested his chin on my head as he hugged me from the side, then kissed my forehead.

"Me too," I said happily.

"Attention everyone!"

I glanced at Elliott, who shrugged. The voice was coming from downstairs, and obviously speaking into a microphone. The music was lowered, and everyone on the second floor peered over the railing, looking onto the first floor. There was a well-dressed man holding a microphone, as I suspected, standing next to a woman who was as well-dressed as he was. They were holding hands, and I assumed they were together. The man turned to the woman and began to speak to her in a loving, passionate voice.

"Amy, I've wanted to do this for a while now. I love you, and i want to be with you for the rest of my life. I don't know about you, but for me it was love at first sight. So I need to know," he said, swallowing. He reached into his pocket with his free hand and kneeled on one knee. The woman- Amy- covered her mouth with both of her hands and took a step back. "Would you do the honor of becoming my wife?"

I snuck a peak at Elliott, who was smiling softly at the couple. Before he could notice I was looking at him, I gazed back at the couple.

"Yes!" Amy exclaimed. She threw her arms around the man and kissed him. Everyone started cheering for them. Harry came up to the couple and took the microphone away from the man, who held it out to him.

"Congratulations to the newly-engaged couple!" he shouted. Everyone began cheering again, giving them congratulations and high fives. Harry spoke again when everyone calmed down. "Now, it's only ten minutes to midnight. Everyone grab a partner because we're playing the last slow song of the year. Then- it's count down time!" The crowd applauded again, and the music started. Sure enough, it was a slow song. Elliott took my hand and guided me away from the railing, put his arms around my waist, and began swaying with me.

"When's the last time we danced together?" I asked, placing my head on his chest.

"Homecoming, I believe," he answered.

"That long, huh? Wow."

"I know," he sighed. "We should do it more often."

"That's what she said," I chuckled. His chest rumbled as he laughed against me.

"Nice comeback. But let's keep it PG tonight, 'kay?"

"You take the fun out of everything," I commented.

"I'm an adult. I'm supposed to."

"So am I," I retorted. "Well, legally at least."

The song ended, and everyone clapped. Harry got the microphone again and began talking. "Okay, three minutes until midnight. Let's get the countdown clocks started and turn the TVs to the Ball Drop," he said.

They turned the TVs on, and everyone became excited. The tiny clock in the corner of the TV showed two minutes until midnight. I entwined my fingers with Elliott's and squeezed. I was excited to be starting the new year with him. He was the love of my life, and I didn't want to share this moment with anyone else.

"One minute!" someone shouted. I smiled and gazed up into Elliott's eyes. He smiled at me and pulled me against him.

"Ready for the new year?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Ten, nine, eight," everyone chanted. "Seven, six, five, four!"

I lifted myself up, closer to Elliott's face and fluttered my eyelids.

"Three, two-"
I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, ready and waiting for that last second to go by.

"One! Happy New Year!"

Our lips connected with one another, sending the electrifying spark throughout my body. His lips were warm and soft against mine, like I remembered them. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me up, deepening the kiss. We ignored the cheering around us, and only focused on each other.

When we finally parted, we were left panting slightly. Elliott ran his thumb down my cheek softly as he smiled at me. His forehead touched mine, and our noses were less than an inch apart. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," I whispered back. "Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year, Avery."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 8.7K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...
12.2M 63.6K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. •A Student x Teacher Roman...
31 2 2
Hayley starts back at college, this being her second year. She meets her new, hot, young lecturer (teacher) and instantly takes a liking to him. She...
2.4M 44.8K 39
He's new. He's a history teacher. He's young. He's very good looking. He is Harry Styles. When Kim Martins starts her new school year as a junior s...