Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

27. The soup

53.2K 2.2K 1.2K
By spaghetti000cheese

Elisa's POV

Currently I'm in the kitchen eating not so tasty spinach soup Martha forced me to eat after Alec told her that I have cold which I do not.

I mean I only sneezed for 3 times.

"Eat it up Elisa, I'm watching you." Martha said.

I complied and brought the spoonfull of soup up to my mouth and gulped it down without breathing.

Still the taste of it remained behind.

Yuck.

Eww!

"Enough, I'm not eating this green paste more. Yuck." I said and pushed the bowl away from me.

"You only tasted like 2 teaspoons?" Martha asked.

"Haha. Ella is acting like a kid." Olivia said as she ran in the kitchen and sat across me.

She was looking so cute in her blond pigtails.

"Well..if You're not a kid then why don't you drink it up?" I said.

"No. Only you're supposed to drink that soup Elisa." Martha said sternly.

Olivia snatched the bowl from me and began eating the soup happily. She finished within minutes.

"Umm.....wow Olivia. You actually love spinach?" I asked and she nodded her head.

Martha glared at me then at Olivia and then sighed.

"Ella I'm so bored, let's play something." Olivia said as she stood up from her chair and came to me with her puppy eyes.

Aww. I stood up and picked her up using a little of my powers and she yelped.

"Wooow! You're so strong." She said as her eyes twinkled in mirth.

"What do you wannna play?" I asked as I removed my sneakers because I don't want to trip with her in my hands.

"Let's first go to Alec. Then we can decide." She said.

I nodded my head at her and couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach at the thought of seeing him.

We reached his office and Olivia knocked on the door.

No response.

She knocked again.

This time the door opened swiftly and revealed--as always--angry looking Alec.

"What the fuck. I don't like disturbance and--" he yelled but when he saw that it was us he turned down his voice to nothing.

I was unaffected by his outburst but same couldn't be said to Olivia.

She looked ready to cry and I wanted to kick Alec's ass for it.

"You're not s-supposed to yell and curse Alec."  Olivia said as few tears escaped her eyes.

Oh no!

Alec looked uncomfortable as he shifted his weight from one foot to other.

To make the mood playful again I said, "Yes, don't you understand Alec,  you're not supposed to yell. Come on Olivoa we'll leave angry Alec to his work and play something by ourselves." I said and oh boy! The expression on Alec's face was priceless.

I so wanted to burst out laughing right away.

He was now twitching his fingers and looked way more uncomfortable now.

"Yes, Ella. Let's go. Don't talk to me Alec." She said.

"Yes Alec, don't talk to me too. Bye." I said and turned around.

I looked at Olivia to find that she was trying very hard not to laugh and I increased my pace because I was going to laugh too.

"Wait Princess." Alec said but we kept walking while controlling our laughter.

But being a vampire he was in front of us in 2 seconds.

Olivia wanted to be put on the ground again and I complied to her wish.

She narrowed her eyes to slits and watched Alec as he knelt down to her eye level and apologised to her, "I'm sorry Princess. I promise I won't yell at you again." He said.

"Pinky pwomise?" Olivia asked in her girly tone.

Aww.

"Yeah. Pinky promise." Alec said and I wanted to soo soo laugh out when he said 'pinky promise.'

"Hey sugercake, why don't you go and call Adam, Martha and Master Gilfred in sitting area. I have a perfect game to play." I said as she beamed at me.

I leaned down and kissed her cheeks as she rushed away.

"Careful with the stairs." I said as I remembered what happened last time.

"Yeah." I heard her distinct voice.

I turned back to look at Alec and bursted out laughing.

Oh my! I clutched my stomach to breathe in but I can't stop laughing.

"Yeah! Yeah Laugh. Anyways what are we playing?" He asked with a hint of smile on his face.

I cleared my throat once I stopped laughing and frowned at him, "Who said I'm talking to you? You didn't apologise to me when you yelled." I said as I stuck my tongue out at him and turned to go.

He pushed me against a wall and locked me in with his hands on either side of my face.

"In which way do you want me to apologise Elisa?" He asked in a seductive tone and kissed a sensitive spot on my neck.

I moaned and tilted my head to give him more access to my neck and he travelled his lips from my collar bone to my ears and nibbled them.

I was becoming restless and breathless, I know Alec was playing so that I can carry out his promise but I have games of my own.

I kissed his cheek and went near his lips, just as he thought I was going to kiss his lips I kissed on his nose and pushed him away with my powers and ran away from there.

I glanced back to see that he was still fixed in that position and  laughed out loud.

I came in the sitting area just as Master Gilfred entered with me.

I bowed to him, "Good evening Master Gilfred." I said and he smiled at me.

"Good evening Elisa and please call me Gilfred and don't bow down to me. I feel a lot older when you do that." He said and I giggled.

"So? Olivia said that I'm to go in the sitting room because we're going to play something?" He said and I face palmed myself as I forgot completely about the game.

"Sorry Master. I'll just go and bring the items and yes we're going to play something because it's so boring to stay in the room all day and do nothing." I said and Master Gilfred began laughing.

"Why yes, I get bored too. It will be fun to play something." Master said smiling and I beamed at him.

I rushed out of the room and collided with Adam who caught me before I landed on my butt.

"Elisa. Still tripping around I see." He said and then laughed.

"Well. I collided with you and did not trip. Big difference. Anyways, go inside I'll come within minutes." I said and straightened up.

I went into the kitchen to see Olivia clutching Martha's hand and pulling her out of the kitchen.

"Ah Elisa! See I can't play with all you guys, after all I'm only a cook. It won't feel right to play with all you guys." She said and I laid my hands on her shoulders.

"Who says you're a cook? No, you're like our grandmother. We all love you, now come on we must start playing and oh! I want an empty glass bottle. Do you have one?" I said and Martha smiled at me.

She retrieved a bottle and we all went in the sitting room together.

When we entered, Alec was also sitting in one of the couches.

As we all sat, Alec directly in front of me, Olivia beside me and Adam on the other side of me. Master was sitting beside Alec and Martha was comfortable on the other side of Alec.

Alec was glaring at me and I smirked at him.

"Ella what are we gonna play?" Olivia asked and I broke my stare and looked at everyone.

"Welcome everyone. So both me and Olivia were getting bored and we decided let's play something and I think we should play truth or dare."

Everyone agreed except for Alec, "This  game is boring, why don't we play something else." He said still glaring at me.

"Scared Alec? " I asked in an innocent tone and if looks could kill I'd be already buried in the core of the earth.

He huffed and agreed and I explained the rules that when the head of the bottle turns to the person, he has to decide to choose truth or dare and the back of the bottle side person is gonna ask question or give a dare. No one can change the option once chosen.

I kept the bottle on the table and Adam rolled it.

Alec's P.O.V

She had the guts to fool me! Me!

You're going to pay for that Elisa. I smirked at the thought.

The bottle spun and landed it's head on Adam.

He cursed under his breath.

I felt like cursing too because he was sitting way too close to Elisa and I wanted nothing more than to kick his butt away from her.

If I want to, I can easily push him away and sit beside her but if the bottle lands towards her then I want to be the one to ask her a question or give her a dare.

"I'll go with truth." Adam said.

As Martha was sitting across Adam, she asked him a question, "Do you ever want to kick Alec's ass?" Martha asked and we were all surprised by her language.

Who would've thought that grandmother Martha would ask a question like this.

Adam smirked, "Simple. All the time." He said and I laughed out loud.

"But you couldn't." I said confidently.

Adam frowned and said, "But I wouldn't." He said.

"Okay, okay. Now let's spin the bottle." Elisa said and spun the bottle.

How long before I get to ask or give a dare to Elisa? I was getting impatient when suddenly an idea formed in my mind.

The bottle stopped spinning and landed on Olivia but unfortunately because of momentum, it turned to my target and stopped. On Elisa. Unfortunately is the key word.

I smirked and Elisa saw that.

"Hey that's cheating, I know that it stopped on Olivia but Alec performed one of his tricks and turned the bottle towards me." She yelled.

All the eyes in the room turned on me and I feinged on an innocent expression.

"But Why would he do that Elisa?" Master Gilfred asked.

"Yes, why would I?" I asked innocently.

"Because....because." she stuttered.

Well she can't really say that I'm taking revenge on her for leaving that kiss in the middle.

"Let's spin again." She said.

"But you were the only one who said that once the bottle has landed on someone then they would have to play." I said and she glared at me.

"Scared Elisa?" I repeated her words.

"You wish." She huffed and crossed her hands.

"So Elisa, truth or dare?" I asked.

Truth.

Truth.

"I choose truth." Yes!

"Fine. Who do you like the most in this room?" I asked.

She frowned, "What type of question is this?" She asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders and told her to answer the question.

If she answered that asshole Adam's name then I'm gonna kill him this instant. I want her to take my name.

She smiled sweetly at me. Oh my! Is she gonna say my name? Yes!

"The person I like the most in this room, infact in this world is.." she continued.

Come on say my name. I know you feel something for me like I feel something for you.

"Is OLIVIA." She said and olivia jumped in her arms laughing.

"Really?" Olivia exclaimed and kissed her cheeks.

Elisa laughed with her and said, "Yes! My most favourite person in this world is you."

I could feeling the burning feeling in my chest.

Shit!

I was jealous of a fucking kid. Fuck.

I really need that vampire Psychologist.

Olivia sat on her lap as Elisa spinned the bottle again and this time it landed on me.

Just perfect. Note on sarcam.

"Truth or dare Alec?" She asked and smirked.

"Please, I'm not pussies like both of you. I'll take dare." I said and earned glared from Adam and Elisa.

Suddenly Elisa smirked again and pulled Adam close to whisper in his ear.

I so wanted to beat him up and bury him in the ground for being this close to Elisa.

I was going to carry out my plan when immediately Adam smirked and went out of the room.

He saved his own life today.

"Your dare is coming Alec and you're just going  to love it." She said.

Adam re-entered the room with something in his hand and gave it to Elisa.

Elisa kept Olivia beside her and came towards me.

She handed me a book and smiled too sweetly at me.

I read the title which I've never heard and raised a brow at her, "What do you want me to do with this book?" I asked.

"I want you to read this whole book without skipping a single page." She said.

"Why? What's so special about this book." I asked and had a bad feeling towards it.

"You see Alec, this book's name is midnight sunwhich was written by Stephanie Meyer but it was unpublished, but Adam here, took a printout of it from the internet and he says that it's the most cute romantic novel he has ever read and so do I. Your dare is to read this book without skipping a page and reading every single word." She explained and I blanched.

I've to read a romance novel?

"Oh! And it's from Edward's POV who is head over heels in love with Bella and he's also a vampire." She said while reclaiming her seat.

Oh boy!

"Let's see who's a pussy cat now." She said and smiled at me.

I glared at her and Adam said, "Alec and romance novel? Oh God! It's the 8th wonder of the world." He said and began laughing his ass off.

"Fine. I will read every line of this pathetic book." I said looking at it as if it has some  kind of disease that could affect a vampire.

"Alright everyone, it's late. Everyone should go to bed now." Martha said.

Everyone complied and went to their respective rooms.

When we reached our room, Elisa came near me, "I love this book so that means you're gonna hate it. All the best because you've to read every page of it." She said and went to sit on the bed.

I shook my head and went to bed too.

As I laid down, Elisa climbed on top of me and buried her face in the crook of my neck and sighed.

She was asleep within minutes and I puffed in pride because I was the only one who could keep her nightmares away.

I sighed and began the torture of reading that fucking book.

As well as get finished with it.

After 15 minutes and 47 pages later I wanted nothing more but to burn this book to ashes.

How can a vampire be so head over heels in love at first sight.

How...

Suddenly Elisa pushed away from me and sat up straight the bed.

"Elisa? What happened?" I asked.

She moaned in pain and I immediately sat up and turned her towards me, "What is it Elisa?" I asked, I was scared now.

"My stomach....it hurts a little. Nothing more. I'm fine." She said and climbed out of the bed.

I glanced at her and she looked a little too pale to me.

"Do you need something?"I asked in concern.

She shook her head at me, "I'll just go and drink water, then I'll be fine." She said.

"Alright, let me get you some water and--"

"No, I'll just go and get it." She said and went out of the room.

Elisa's P.O.V.

Damn it! Why was stomach hurting when I ate nothing but a teaspoon of Soup.

I drank water and made my way upstairs.

While going back to room I heard muffled cries of someone and I went in that direction.

The cries were coming from Olivia's room.

Why was she crying?

I opened the door but there was no one in the room.

Am I hallucinating?

Just as I was about to go and find where Olivia was, I heard those cries again and this time they were coming from Olivia's bathroom.

What is going on here? I wondered.

I opened the bathroom door to find Olivia puking in the commode and crying all the while and clutching her stomach.

Oh my God!

"Olivia?" I immediately went to her as she began to pass out.

I removed her hair from her face, her skin was almost green and there was white  colored foam coming out of her mouth.

Oh my God!

Someone has poisoned her.

"Aleccccc!" I screamed and tried to wake  Olivia up but she remained unconscious.

Even in this cold weather she was sweating profusely.

The door of the room opened with bang, "Elisa? Where the hell are you?" He shouted.

"In here." I said as tears welled up in my eyes after seeing Olivia's condition.

Oh! How I wanted to heal her and take her pain away but I can't because there was no fucking open injury on her body. All she had was something internal which I can't heal.

"What the hel...Olivia?" Alec asked as he knelt down beside.

"Someone has poisoned her. We need to find a doctor or else we'll lose." I said and began crying.

Oh my sweet Olivia. How could someone do this to such an innocent child?

Alec was shocked at first and then he got angry.

"Who the fuck did this? I'll--"

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH YOUR ANGER, GO FIND A FUCKING DOCTOR FIRST." I screamed at him while crying.

He snapped out of his anger at the same time Adam came into the batroom and took the scene in.

"Adam. Go find a doctor--"

"Shut up." Alec yelled and bit his wrist and poured some amount of blood in Olivia's mouth.

I wanted to yell some sense in him but I looked at Olivia to find that color was returning to her face and she was stirring up.

"Ella?" She asked in a small voice and I breathed a sigh of relief.

She's alright now. Nothing is gonna happen to her.

I took a fresh towel from the cabinet, held it under water and wiped Olivia's face with it.

After wiping her face she buried herself in my arms and began crying.

"Oh my God! Ella. It was s-so h-horrible, my stomach was killing me a-and I felt as if my inside's were being pulled out. I-It hurt so much." She cried and tears escaped my eyes too.

"I'm so sorry my baby that I didn't come earlier. I'm so sorry. It's okay. Everything is fine now. Does it hurt anymore?" I asked and she shook her head still buried in me.

I rocked her in my arms to calm her down,
"Olivia tell me something, what did you eat tonight?" I asked her softly.

"Nothing but that spinach soup that you didn't want to eat." She said.

"Okay." I said and stood up with her in my arms.

I went to Adam and gave Olivia to him.

"I'll come back within minutes sweetie." I said and ran out of the door.

Alec was behind me as I entered the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and took the remaining Soup out.

I smelled it but it didn't smelled like anything.

Alec took the bowl out of my hand and tasted the soup a little and then he got more angrier.

"What is it Alec? What's in the soup?" I asked

He threw the bowl on the floor and it shattered on the floor spreading the soup in every direction.

"Alec?" I asked as I went near him and tried to calm him down.

"The soup...it has ambroisia." He said and took deep breath to calm down.

"So what?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Ambroisia is something a vampire drinks to get high because the human alcohol does not have any effect on us but if a human drinks ambroisia even in small quantity then he/she dies within hours. Now tell me Alec what is happening because I heard Elisa shout out your name." Master Gilfred said as he entered the room.

"Someone mixed ambroisia in the soup to kill Olivia." Alec hissed.

"Not Olivia. That soup was for me. Someone wanted to kill me." I said looking up at shocked looking Alec.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I ran out of the kitchen.

If I would have just eaten that soup then Olivia wouldn't have suffered a near death experience. I was not completely human and that soup wouldn't have hurt me too much.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I thought if I wouldn't have heard Olivia's cries and found her in the bathroom then she would have....

No no. Don't think like that Elisa. Nothing will happen to Olivia. She's perfectly fine.

A hand clutched my elbow and pulled me back.

I don't have to guess who it was because I was engulfed by warm arms which only belonged to one person.

"Let me go Alec. If...if I would have just eaten that fucking soup then Olivia would have been perfectly fine. She wouldn't had to experience pain." I said as I cried.

"Shhhhh....it's not your fault Elisa. Look you found her on right time. She's perfectly fine now." He tried to calm me but I couldn't.

The fear was taking place in heart at the thought of Olivia and her condition when I found her on the batroom floor.

I pulled back and looked into his eyes,"I wanted to heal her but there was no injury that's why.....I should be the one suffering, not her. She's just a kid and..." I couldn't continue as sobs whacked my body.

"No! You should not suffer. Don't think about it Elisa. Everyone is fine. Stop crying." He said wiping my eyes, "Are you alright? How much amount of soup did you consume?" He asked me.

"Just a teaspoon or two. I'm good. I need to go back to her." I said but he stopped me.

"She must be sleeping now Elisa. You need to rest too. Come on. We'll meet her tomorrow." He said and I hugged him again.

"I never did anything wrong with anyone then why would someone want to kill me?" I asked and cried silently.

"I don't know Elisa, but I swear that I'll find that person out and torture him and kill him in a very very bad way." He said and I just listened as the silent years flowed down my eyes.

Why was my life not normal like others?
*****

Tsk tsk.

Poor Elisa got saved again. But this time instead of her knight in shinning armour, that bitch got saved by a fucking kid.

Don't worry Elisa, I wouldn't let you die so easily. This was just for fun.

As for Olivia, I didn't want to hurt her, that soup was only for you.

Well, I don't care if Olivia lives or dies, after all everything is fair in love and war.

Now time for my next attack.

I laughed as I formulated my plan.
*****

Hello sugarcakes!

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

Stay tuned.

Until then hugs and see ya.
*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 249 20
Ava's been running for years. Running from life, love and pain. It's all she can do to maintain her sanity after a horrible accident stole ten years...
342K 11.4K 68
Aiden Edward Hollywood The name people feared and respected the most at the same time. He was a force to reckon with. His army was his multibilliona...
202K 11K 43
Even those who are believed to be lost can find their path changed by fate. . . Highest rankings: #1 in werewolf #1 in paranormal romance #80 in Rom...
238K 7.8K 24
"I hate you, I hate everything about you. You're no better then the devil." Tears flowed from her eyes like a rainy day. " You believe I'm the devil...