The Royal

By FurryShea

Ellie, a normal 16 year old girl in Gardina. She longs to meet the prince of Gardina but never had a chance... More

Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 -the last part
Special chapter

Chapter 1

93.2K 1.4K 381
By FurryShea

<Meet the girl A.K.A The normal girl>

Ellie, tall, long light brown hair girl with turquoise eyes and tanned skin. The commoner of Gardina, longed to meet the prince of Gardina but she never had a chance to, since she's just a normal girl in a Fairytale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ellie, 16 this year and she had never once stopped believing that she would, one day, meet her Prince Charming. She attended a private school in her local town because her parents placed her there and she just went along with it. She was called 'the girl with rare eyes' because her turquoise eyes were so rare in Gardina, just like gold.

Ellie was always optimistic despite how everyone treated her and not to mention, a sweet, caring and friendly girl. Despite everything, Ellie had always felt that she did not fit into this society because of her intelligence. Some people would outcast her, others would approach her and ask for her secret to be smart or to tutor them for their next test. Ellie would always offer help and ensure that she transferred her knowledge to those that came to her.

Acing almost every subject, getting a B plus for her mathematics, people had always thought that her intelligence was because of her turquoise eyes. But Ellie knew better than anyone else, that hard work played a heavy part in most of her life. All her efforts for acing tests were because she wanted her parents to pay attention to her instead of her not-so-nice sister. Ellie had not resented her sister, despite all the things she did, but sometimes she wished that her sister didn't exist. How Ellie always hoped that one day when she opened her eyes, her sister would just disappear into thin air.

Her sister, Daphane, 14 years old had Blue eyes, light brown hair and tall with tanned skin. she disliked Ellie to the core and would always force Ellie to do her homework -given Ellie smartness, her sister took advantaged of it. She was offended that Ellie always wanted attention on herself by scoring all As. But Daphane knew that her parents would not even look at her sister and she would always be secretly happy. Deep inside, Daphane was elated that she could framed Ellie for every bad deed that she, herself had done or created and not gotten any scolding from their mother. But to Ellie, it was sometimes too much to bear, though her parents never said a word about her presence, she knew that she was the "extra" one in the Swift family. Every bone in her screamed the fact that she was not welcome and that maybe she was picked from the rubbish chute.

Her parents were always flying overseas and she was the one being left behind with Daphane in their 3 storey penthouse. (they're rich, filthy rich. So rich that Ellie didn't even understand where they got the money from). But her sister would always party late into the night, either in a club or using the house to host one. So Ellie had the whole house to herself on certain days, but there would be times when Ellie would loiter around in the park with her laptop and doing work. Sometimes Ellie did not understand the reasons for not hiring an extra helper to clean the house or helped take care Daphane but she figured that leaving Daphane's life in her hands was the way her parents wanted to punish her for being the "Extra" one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Ellie! Don't wait up.'' Daphane shouted from the living room and I sighed. I bet she was going to a party with one of her friends from school. Bingo, 100 points to Ellie. I poked my head out from the kitchen door and saw my sister wearing very short black shiny skirt (like a micro mini skirt. I would not want to see her A*s) and a pink tight tank top. AND SHE'S JUST 14, Save me.... someone..... But it was so tight and short that I thought I saw things I shouldn't even see. But then again, she's Daphane, she didn't even care about whether or not to cover herself up and partying flows in her damn blood.

Then again, she's my sister and I had gotten used to her wearing this type of outfit for as long as I could remember. Though sometimes I reminded her that she should cover herself and protect her female dignity, but it turned into deaf ears.

At this situation now, I just nodded at her slightly and waited for her to continue her standard sentence. Those threatening sentences which she threw at me if I told mom about her. There were times when she would say nothing, but sometimes she would scream vulgarities at me. Teenagers nowadays... There was once she asked me to swear that I would keep my mouth shut and tight and would never tell mom where she went. Which I agreed because I knew I would be the one getting scolded anyways.

''Ellie, don't tell mum where I went. If not...'' she threatened me, like she always did whenever our parents were out. Whenever mom called the house and asked about Daphane, I would lie about it. Sometimes saying she was working, another time showering and mom would be happy. Not even suspecting that she was up to no good. (I think if I were to say that to her, she would teleport back home instantly to see if I am lying). Like come on, I lied to my parents, my mom, especially, about Daphane so many times that it became a habit and I could lie to anyone without batting an eye. But I would not lie to my friends. Dad did not really cared and sometimes, just sometimes when mom was not looking or lashing out at me, dad would give me those apologetic eyes. And left me wondering why did he not speak up or dragged me away from this crazy place. Sometimes I felt that he was sending pleads to me to endure and it would be over.

I sighed. I heard it so many times that I had her lines memorised. "Daphane, just go. I know what to do.'' I waved her off and she gave me a little smile before turning and walking out of the door, mumbling something. Times when she smiled, I nearly believed that she was sincere to me as a sister and not a maid. That Daphane could be nice to me and we could hold hands, go to the supermarket or park like any other siblings. And it was times like these which made me believe that there was actually something good in her. But too bad reality slapped me hard in the face and made me realize she was not as nice as my imagination had been.

''Did you say something, Daphane?" I asked her while she was wearing her 6 inch heels (which I could not) and when she looked up, I stared into her blue eyes -yep, we got different colour eyes, sometimes I wonder where did I inherit my turquoise eyes. Both my parents had a shade of green and blue- she shook her head before grabbing the shoe rack beside her to steady herself from falling over in her 6 inch heels. I had imagined she fell, face first down onto the carpet near the door, that would be epic and be the joke of the century. But I resisted the urged to laugh and pushed that thought out of my head. If I laughed at her falling, Daphane would not hesitate to chop my head and watch it roll.

I shrug her off and turned back to the stove which I was stirring a pot of mushroom soup over low heat. I heard the front door close just as the house phone rang loudly in the empty house. That rang was so loud that it bounced off the walls which caused a shiver to run down my spine and I sighed loudly to nobody in particular. Deep down, I felt like a babysitter that did not get paid and every inch of me knew that the call that came was from mom. So I had to prepare a lie. "Ellie, What are you doing?'' Mum asked accusingly, emphasising on the word "you". Though she tried her very best to hide her accusing voice through the phone. She probably believed that Daphane was in her room, doing homework or reading, being a good girl while I am slacking off and doing bad things. (That irony)

''I'm cooking dinner and Daphane's in her room busy reading for tmr's class.'' There, I lied so smoothly that I almost believed my own lie. Maybe if I took the lie detector test, I could lay with it and nobody would even realise that I just lied. Did she really buy that lie? What more could I say? She always believed everything that Daphane did was pure goodness and Daphane was the angel. I have always wished that someday, she would open her blind eyes and see that Daphane was the one lying about her whereabouts and not me. That I was the angel and Daphane was the devil. I wished that someday she would actually love me like how she love Daphane and treat me like her daughter instead of a no-pay babysitter.

"Good. Don't go outside Ellie, stay home and take care of your sister.'' She replied back with so much happiness that I could feel it through the phone. I made a disgusted sound and rolled my eyes dramatically before I said my bye and hung up, every minute I spent on the phone with her, it made me feel rejected and out of society. So much for being a sister in the household, the two of us were supposed to do things together, just like any other siblings.

Mum should asked Daphane to at least show some care and concern towards me, though I was the older one. But it wouldn't hurt or make Daphane lose anything for caring about me. Was it that hard? As much as I hated my life, I am glad that I had a roof over my head and meals to fill my stomach, but this was not a life I wanted. I wanted love and care from my parents. I wanted to feel like I am somebody's sister. Life's always so unfair, it gave you a lemon when you least expected it. But I resigned to fate and accepted it because after all, I'm their daughter and a member of the Swift family.

~~~~~~~~~

''Shh. She's asleep.'' Daphane slightly high pitched voice drifted into my room from my slightly ajar door and I tiptoe towards it to peek through. The lights from the hallway was enough for me to notice that a guy was hugging her and touching her everywhere. But Daphane was slightly tipsy because she wasn't walking straight. I cringed. They went past the stairs and was heading towards Daphane's bedroom. I shook my head a little at the sight and that was when Daphane saw me. She mouthed an "O" on her lips.

She pulled away from the guy a while and said ''Ellie, go back to sleep and pretend you saw nothing.'' I rolled my eyes at her and she knew there was no way I would tell mom what had happened. It must have been the lights from the hallway that gave me away to her. I was about to turn away when she giggled away because the guy mumbled something into her ears in a seductive manner. I felt an instant goosebumps and was disgusted by my sister. So I locked my door before returning to the comfort of my queen size bed.

I hugged Mr Teddy and closed my eyes. Slowly, sleep conquered me and the last thing I heard before going into sleep was my sister's laughter, echoing loudly along the corridor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343 15 26
ApolĂ´nia is 17 and a princess of a country called Eplea. When the king is assassinated, she flees with her personal guard to the United States, where...
13.2K 480 18
The Evil Queen has been waiting for her revenge for way too long. So as word spreads that Snow White is about to have a daughter she makes a plan to...
14.6K 856 29
Ellie is an orphan with only one goal. Stay alive. The castle, a place where your deepest fantasies can come alive, but also your worst fears. This...
337K 8.4K 26
*WARNING: Cliche and cringy story ahead Elora, aka Ellie, is a normal 17 year old and a typical good girl/nerd, and everyone totally loves her. She'...