An Arranged Marriage, To Mr...

By Dipsey

Seventeen year old Kacey Aspere isn't ready for marriage. Especially to her childhood friend who she hates. C... More

Word from Author
Blast from the Past
A whole lot of Complicated
New School Blues
High School ain't for the Weak
HATE: An Emotion I am
There's Hope in Hell
Downward Spiral
Tempted?
Stranger Danger
Nightmare or Dream
Turned Tables
Cold feet
Butterflies
Lies allow us to live
Cheated
Wedding Day
Runaway Bride
Broken
A New Start?
One Phone Call
Love is a Lie
Three's a Crowd
Break Me But Love Me

Reminder: Never Drink Again

27.6K 436 53
By Dipsey

CHAPTER 2

"Sorry about that." I told her with the friendliest smile I could possibly manage. I moved my death glare from Rhys and walked closer towards her. "I heard you're Mark's girlfriend?"

Mark looked over to me as if he couldn't figure out what game I was playing. Good.

"Well only of recent, I moved in a month ago from Los Angeles. The rent was cheap and I figured these guys wouldn't be that bad," she joked lovingly as she watched the both of them. I was baffled when she said the rent was cheap and wondered if I was in the wrong state.

"Listen," she began, guilt looming in her electric blue eyes, " I sort of took the opportunity to invite some people over tonight. I know you both are probably tired but it's just to finally put a face to Rhys' mysterious new fiancee."

I raised my eyebrows, surprised that I was even a topic in his group of friends. The last thing I wanted to do was try to socialise with a bunch of new faces. My social anxiety would be out in full force.

"Yea Kace and I are down," Rhys answered for the two of us and I watched him with a look of disbelief.

"What?" he asked innocently, "I thought that's what the guy's supposed to do."

"No Rhys, we're in the twenty first century. Women actually have a mouth they could use. I don't need you to speak on behalf of me," I firmly said. Even though the irony of our arranged marriage loomed in my mind.

"They'll be here in an hour or so. So I advise you all to get ready." She squealed reminding me of a five year old. Like I said I was going to annihilate her.

I dragged my feet up the stairs and traced my steps back to the room. I began ruffling through my clothes to find a cute dress that I thought was appropriate enough. I changed and then searched the room for my handbag which had my cosmetics in it.

"Rhys, have you seen my handbag?" I shouted at the top of my lungs. He took his cool time to come, making me more annoyed by the second.

"Why do you look like you're going to church?" He said, observing my outfit.

"Huh?" I looked down at the dress, it hung close to my knees but still showed off a little skin, "it's cute."

"No Kace, you need to change. Look for something hot to wear. Might be hard for you to pull off but give it a shot."

"Every second I think you can't get worse you never fail to surprise me."

He smirked, folding his arms, one over the other, "What do you want my ass-tastic love?"

I scoffed, not wanting to stand another unnecessary minute in his presence, "my handbag. Have you seen it?"

He smirked and I had a sick feeling that I wasn't going to find out where my it was. I stared at him, and he stared back.

"I'll give it back to you on one condition."

A sick feeling loomed in my stomach and I knew I wasn't going to like this one condition.

"What?" I reluctantly asked.

"You have to kiss me."

"I have to what?"

"Kiss me." Did I hear right?

"Kiss you?"

"Yes fucking kiss me."

"Is it negotiable?"

"No."

"So if I don't?" I asked, weighing my options. I definitely wasn't stooping so far as to kiss the prick.

"Oh my God just kiss me dammit." He shouted, loud enough for the two other people in the penthouse to head.

I decided to push his buttons, giving myself time to figure out another way to get it, "do you want tongue or no tongue?"

"You know what don't bother, I'll just take matters into my own hands."He grabbed my face in his hands, and moved it towards his before I could protest. I felt his mouth melt against mine. Some instinctual part of my brain wanted to push him away. Make him stop. But the other part, the one that didn't think rationally, wanted to kiss him back so I did. I listened to that part.

I felt goosebumps rise on my arms as he caressed them. His hand gliding up to the back of my neck as he pulled me closer. I closed my eyes for just a second, relinquishing in the kiss. His mouth was gentle against mine. Soft. Warm. His tongue protruded into it, as he explored what didn't belong to him.

A soft moan escaped his lips as he guided me to the bed, our mouths never breaking apart once. He laid me down on the soft comforter and I dissolved into it. He laid on my body, the warmth emitting onto me in waves. Some foreign part of me knew what I was doing wasn't right and knew I would regret this when I came to my senses. So with two hands pressed firmly on his chest, I pushed him off. He stumbled back slightly watching me in confusion.

I don't know what made me kiss him back or why but I had to admit that I was obviously still attracted to Rhys even after all those years. And a small part of me still hated that he did that to me all those years ago. I couldn't find forgiveness in my heart for him. At least not at that moment.

So why did I all of a sudden feel giddy inside?

Rhys stood watching me like a lion watched its prey. His eyes devoured me as he stood there, an air of confidence looming around him. His hair was disheveled and partly fell in a wave over his forehead. His eyes glistened, the blues dancing with excitement, "I enjoyed that. We should do it another time."

"You wish jerk. Fuck you." Yep, I was beginning to feel the regret.

"Go ahead, I won't mind a bit."

"Just leave me alone so that I can get ready. Please." I exasperated, feeling the afterwork of that kiss. Regret shot it's arrows at every direction of my being.

"Fine."

"Thank you," I replied finally feeling like I was getting somewhere with him.

He started to chuckle as he continued to stand in front of me. I rolled my eyes. Of course he wasn't leaving me alone.

"Whatever jerk." I shoved pass him and locked myself in the walk-in closet. One more minute of him and I would probably go ballistic.

I frowned pulling off the dress he'd insulted not more than ten minutes ago and threw on something way out of my comfort zone. I then strapped on cute sandals, and watched myself in the mirror. The girl in front of me's reflection was a mess. Her blond hair was tangled in every direction and I made quick work to flatten it out. Her lips were swollen, a deep shade of pink and I realised there was nothing to be done about that. But her eyes, they lit up like a bushfire, green fading to embers. The had a light illuminating that wasn't there before. A light that scared her. A light that scared me.

Hoping Rhys went to do, well, Rhys things, I exited the closet. But to my dismay, Rhys was perched on the bed, watching me.

He whistled and scanned my body which made me feel really uncomfortable. "Much better choice, I thought you were all vanilla and no fun."

I sighed, ignoring him as I headed downstairs. Music was blasting from a speakers in the corner of the room. Kiera was dancing around in the middle, her chiffon mini skirt swaying with the beat. I watched as Mark sat on the couch, his legs spread apart as he marveled at her, his eyes not straying from her dancing once. I felt as if I was intruding on some sort of private moment. And I couldn't help but feel out of place. Or wish that it was me he was looking at.

I felt sick to the stomach as I walked to the table on the side. Laid with different types of alcohol. I was not a drinker to say the least. Honestly, the most I drank up to that point was a Mike's lemonade, if that even had alcohol in it I couldn't remember.

I picked up the tequila bottle before taking a deep breath. I swung it back, it's contents burning my throat in a rage. I needed something to take off the edge of this night.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and all three of us turned our eyes towards it.

"I'll get it," Kiera sang as she shimmied across to the front door.

I frowned feeling suddenly nervous and I saw Mark try to give me a reassuring smile. I ignored him, looking away. He wasn't getting away so easily. The wound he left on me was still freshly open.

"Kace.." He began, hurt looming in his eyes as he got up and walked closer to me. I watched up into his, knowing my face didn't hide any emotion I still felt for Mark. He knew I still loved him. He grabbed my hand and gently stroked it with a thumb.

Kiera cleared her throat. Two girls were standing behind her. One was two heads taller than me and the other was slightly stocky, but her face looked so invitingly friendly I knew I'd want to hang out with her.

"Candice, Eloise, this is Kacey, Rhys' fiancee," Keira stated through gritted teeth.

"Nice to meet you," they said in unison. The friendly faced one I believed was Candy came and enveloped me in a hug.

I laughed, taken aback by the sudden attack, "nice to meet you guys too."

"Kacey, can you come help me in the kitchen for a sec please?" Kiera started and didn't even wait for my reply as she marched off to the kitchen. I looked at them with a yikes-I'm-in-trouble look and followed suit.

"So how can I help?" I clapped my hands and asked as she was taking out ingredients from grocery bags.

"You can help by leaving." She curtly replied.

"What's your problem with me?"

"Well, if it's not obvious I can tell Mark and your history was more serious than he made it to be. It's obvious he still has feelings for you. I'm not the type of girl that likes to feel threatened so just do me a favour and stay away. If you do I'll leave you alone and everything would be fine."

"Uh," I began, lost for words, "I don't exactly know what's your problem but you do remember I'm getting married in two weeks right? Even if I wanted Mark again it wasn't going to happen. So take it easy. No need to feel threatened."

Anger was beginning to boil in me and I was ready to blow. I hated being told what I could and couldn't do. Almost was always told I had some conduct issues but I was self independent since young. And now this bitch was telling me to stay away from my ex who I wanted to remind her was mine first. I never even gave her that impression though which made me even more annoyed about the whole situation.

"Even if I stay away from him, he's going to find someone else. Mark isn't the type of guy to bring whores to his mother's house." I instantly regretted letting her get under my skin and saying that. I never wanted to stoop so low but sometimes the only way to stand up for yourself is be worse than your enemy.

She slapped me. Hard. You know that saying 'to turn the other cheek' well it takes forty-five muscles to frown and turn the next cheek but four to slap back. So as you can tell I slapped Kiera on her face.

"Ow...you little..." She started rubbing her cheek. Before I knew it she jumped at me and pulled my long hair, probably pulling out some in the process..

I tackled her onto the floor. It became a full fledged war. She bit hard on my arm, I felt the blood rush to the area as pain circuited through my body. I shoved a hand against her face, pushing it back. I then kicked at her causing her to yelp in pain.

"What's going on in here?" I heard Mark shout. A pair of hands pulled at my arms and I knew they belonged to him.

"Oo, this is hot," Rhys whistled as he grabbed Kiera's. The devil's spawn was kicking at him, trying to get freed enough to go at me again, "we should have let them at it a little longer. All their clothes might have been off by then."

I frowned watching the tear of my dress go down diagonally. A piece of my abdomen was on full display. Kiera smiled at me, beaming with satisfaction. She'd thought she'd won. Got her point across the table. But then the most wicked thought popped into my mind. Before I could have talked myself out of it I turned around to face Mark. His eyes watched me watching him. Confused as to what I was doing.

I wrapped my arms around the nape of his neck, my breast close enough that they were pressed up against his chest. I brushed my lips against him and he suddenly stiffened. But he didn't try to push me off and I took that as his way of wanting me. Some part of him. So I kissed him and he eventually joined me, our lips moving in perfect synchrony. Performing for the four persons surrounding us.

A choking sound broke Mark from the kiss as he looked at Kiera with realisation dawning on the mistake he made. Tears were flowing from her eyes, leaving mascara stains running down her cheeks.

"Kiera-" He began but she curtly ran off to what I guessed was her room. His hands clenched down as he faced me, "that was low Lace, that wasn't the Kacey I know. I can't believe you right now. Stay away from me."

The sting his words produced I knew wouldn't disappear as quickly as I'd wish they would. I couldn't believe what happened. It was so out of character of me that I felt embarrassment crush me like a boulder. I began to have a sick feeling in my stomach and with three other disappointing looks from the three other people in the room I felt disgusted about myself.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled to no one in particular and rushed away from the scene of my crime.

I went upstairs and decided I wouldn't show my face again for the night. Feeling disappointed in myself, I needed to seriously reevaluate my life. These two people were going to be my roommates until I married Rhys or maybe even longer. I had to not start off the wrong note and make enemies.

I'll have to apologise in the morning, I thought to myself as I cried myself to sleep. For once feeling sorry for the mess I ended up in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 1K 36
| Completed | "Sleep with me." *** Being trapped with her is Xander's last on the list. Erin was growing on him and being with her in the closed room...
278K 6.8K 100
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
111K 1.2K 38
During a fight with his older sister lori, lincoln's claws come out and he brutally injures her. He runs away but was caught by lynn and luna, who we...
12.3M 403K 41
Cali Wilson desperately needs money. She had her father's gigantic gambling debt and 4 months overdue rent to pay. When she saw a job opening that of...