I Don't Need A Mate *book two*

By stormtirra

Paul is the son of the female Alpha. And he doesn't want a mate. He thinks it makes a werewolf weak. Females... More

I Don't Need A Mate *book two*
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
important news!
More important news
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 23

1K 26 4
By stormtirra

its been ages, i know!!!!!! promise I haven't forgotten all of you!!!!!!!! I am so sorry!!!! but hey, here's the next chapter. comment and vote, please!!!! and next part is going to be up and running soon!!!!!!!!

-stormy

===================================================================

Corria's POV

I prowled around the edge of Cherry's land. I stood on the borders of Rogue land and pack land. River shifted uncomfortably.

"Must we stay here? It's been three days." Three days- that's how long I had been a Rogue of my own. My parent's pack wouldn't help me, and Paul's pack can't chance helping me. "Zep's not going to last long."

I spun away and ran deeper into the forest.

"We are going to need numbers, River," I called over my shoulder. River dashed to catch up with me.

"We might be able to pull a large group together," he agreed. "I know several Rogues around here who hate Johor. It will take me a few hours."

"Go," I said. "I'll keep an eye on Zep on the outskirts of the camp." River cocked his head, slowly slowing down. I matched his pace.

"How are you going to hide your pack look?" he demanded. I stopped and dug my snout into the ground; then I rolled around in the dirt. Standing, I shook out my coat.

"How do I look?"

"Worn," River answered. He took a deep breath. "I'll come find you once I've gathered a large enough force." Touching his snout to my shoulder, he dashed away. I stood there for a moment. That was a sign of trust. Wow...

I shook out my head and jogged over to the camp. Zep was still tired to the tree- the ropes had dug bloody lines across his body. If I couldn't hear his breathing and see his chest move, I would have thought him dead.

'He's alive- not fine, but alive,' my inner wolf chimmed in. 'You can see him and keep an eye on him, so calm.' Anger took over the sadness running through me as a tall broad-shouldered man walked up to Zep. I pointed my ears at them.

"Such a waste," the man said. "Being my son, I had plans for you- and expectations. What a waste you had to throw it away. And for what?" Johor shook his head. "Zepitia, why did you throw away everything?"

Zep just closed his eyes and hung there- nothing else seemed to matter.

'I could challenge Johor right now,' I thought, cocking my head at the idea.

'Are you insane?' My inner wolf demanded. 'You cannot attack without backup.' I pointedly looked around at the wolves River had introduced me to. Twenty-two wolves who would back me up to free Zep. They hated Johor and wanted follow Zep, not someone else who had a grudge.

'I wouldn't be alone.' The plan began to flow thorugh my mind. I stood and began walking around the camp- flicking my tail at the wolfs who would back me. It was our sign that the attack would be soon.

"Where's River?" Colten asked as I past him.

"Trying to gather more forces," I answered. "I need you to do me a favor once this starts." He nodded. "Go and try to get River back here with how ever many wolves to help- cause I can no longer stand around."

Colten dipped his head low, but his body tensed- he was ready.

I kept walking around until I knew everyone was ready. Very slowly I approached Zep and his father. Johor was still going on and on. And almost like he sensed me, Zep's eyes flashed open and met mine. His father, noticing, turned and faced me.

"You- why don't I recognize you?" My hackles rose as adrenilne ran through my blood and pumped my heart. A snarl echoed from my chest. He looked back at Zep, then me. "You're that female!" His body began to shake until he burst into a dark grey wolf.

Johor leapt at me, his teeth tearing into my shoulders. I yipped, but snapped at his hips. The wolves around us that followed him began to advance until the wolves that followed Zep attacked.

I ripped bewards, lowering my head and growling at Johor.

"I knew once my son brought you here you would be a problem! Little did I know you would make him throw everything away!" Johor suddenly became too angry for words and attacked again.

'Give in,' my inner wolf ordered, trying to come forth in my mind like she had before. I cut myself off from what was in front of me- letting her take over.

~

Zep's POV

I felt the air around me move, and knew I had seen Corria, but that was it. Nothing else reached me. I was floating around in nothing...

'WAKE UP!' my inner wolf's voice cut thorugh the nothing- and the pain came flowing back at me. I hissed, bitting my lip. As the pain tore through me, a new awakened feeling coursed through me. The world opened to me again, and I saw what caused my inner wolf to stir.

Tearing into each other in front of me was my father and Corria.

'Move,' my inner wolf urged. 'Her inner wolf can only fight well enough for a short while. Your father is going to KILL her!' I wiggled my body back and forth- trying to get myself free. Nothing worked.

I gasped as some new power filled me.

'I AM NOT GOING TO LET OUR FUTURE MATE BE KILLED!' My wolf body burst free from me, ripping all the ropes around me. The ropes pulled at skin and fur- but that didn't stop me. We were getting free.

The ropes suddenly gave away and I dropped to the ground. Without missing a beat, I threw myself forward. Johor- not expecting it- flew away from Corria and hit the ground hard. I chanced a look at Corris.

Her front right paw was bleeding pretty good and she held it up off the ground. I could see several other bleeding patches. She was hurt pretty good.

Glancing at the other wolves, I saw they had all stopped when I intervered. This was between father and son- no one else. River and Colten walked up to Corria and suported her on both sides.

A snarl brought my attention back on Johor.

"My tratorious son- giving everything up for a female! For a pack she-wolf!"

"I am not from a pack!" Corria growled. "I gave that life up the moment I knew it wasn't for me." That caused me to pause. She was a Rogue now?

Johor shook his head out, snarled and then leapt at me. I weaved to the side, but whipped back around and bit into his side. He hissed and tried to twist around towards me. I dipped low under him, ripping more skin- for I still held fast on his side.

I pulled and yanked on his skin until my teeth tore apart all the skin and muscle, making me slide away from him for a moment. My father yoweled in pain as he pushed away from me. His side had a huge hole- which was bleeding horribly.

He opened his jaws as if to say something, but my lunge stopped him. I had finally done the one thing I had dreamed of doing for a long time- I tore into my father's throat and killed him.

~

Paul's POV

Cherry's cries of pain made my eyes sting and my heart ache. Donavan and Stefan clutched my shoulders- they knew what this felt like.

'She's fine,' my inner wolf chanted. It was like he was trying to convince himself that as well as me. 'She's fine.'

A scream echoed through the house, forcing me to drop to my knees and hold my head. Her pain was mine...

As her painful outburst calmed- another noise made me leap to my feet and want to burst open the door. A higher pitched voice cried out. My daughter. She was born!

My mother pushed open the doors, and came to me holding a small bundle.

"Here, she wants you to see her." I slowly took my daughter from my mother.

"Raven! He's coming!" Sofia called. My mother closed the door again and Cherry cried out in more pain. But the pain was dulled by the green gaze staring back at me. My daughter, who was only minutes old, wasn't crying. Just ever watchful.

Her green eyes swallowed me whole- a new feeling of peacefulness filled me. Nestled in my arms was one of the lives Cherry and I created.

"Selene," I whispered. She gave the cutest baby smile- her eyes lit up. Another cry met my ears. I smiled at my baby girl.

"Paul!" Cherry called. I quickly entered the room. Cherry sat up on our bed, another bundle in her arms. I gently sat beside. She looked down at our son. "Chris." I smiled.

"Chris and Selene," I murmured. Cherry looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Perfect."

~

Corria's POV- Five days later

I still favored my right paw as we faced Raven, Donavan, and Paul. My parents were will Cherry- helping her with the twins.

"Why are you here?" Raven demanded, only looking at Zep. Behind us stood River, Colten, and like ten other wolves. The rest had run as Zep had intructed.Those behind us wanted to live together in the land between the packs- but not as a pack. Just live in the same patch of land together as allies.

"Because this attack on all of you is over," Zep answered. "I killed my father, and the want for all of you dead died with him. All we want is to live in this patch of land without being attacked by the packs."

"We're not pack animals," I added. "Just let us live how we want to." I watched as Raven looked at her mate. He shook his head. When she looked at Paul, he nodded.

"I think we should let them," Paul said. "With this many Rogues living here no others will want to come- which means we won't have to worry about this land." Raven nodded as Donavan thought it over. He looked back at Raven and nodded.

"Alright, we will let you all live here," she agreed. Raven and Donavan ended it by turning back to their land. Paul padded forward- he was headed back to Blood Pack land.

"Walk with me," he said as he past us. I limped after him. He noticed my limp and slowed his pace. Zep came up beside me quick- letting me lean against him. "You should see your parents," Paul muttered. "They wish to see you.

And I wish for you to see my children," he added. "Selene and Chris were born a few days ago." I nodded.

"Why not."

"I am not leaving your side," Zep quickly interjected. After killing his father, he took on everything while tending to my wounds. As much as I hated to admit it, females healed slower then males. When his inner wolf made him react to my harm, it kicked the healing enzimes in his blood into over-drive; causing him to heal faster than normal.

Now he was all healed and I was still on the mend.

"Suit yourselves." Paul began to job- he was eager to reach his home. I stoped and began to shift human. Zep copied. I pulled on the over sized tee and short shorts that had been tied to me as Zep pulled on a pair of shorts.

My wound on my front paw became a deep gash on my right leg. Zep swept me up in his arms and jogged after Paul. We covered ground quicker that way- just like I had thought.

My father opened the door and let a dashing Paul inside the home. He paused the moment he saw me.

"Corria? Are you alright?" He walked towards us, meeting us at the bottom of the porch. When I didn't answer, he looked at Zep. "What happened?"

"She set me free," Zep answered, smiling foundly at me. "If it hadn't been for your daughter- I would be dead and my father would have killed and killed." I smiled slightly. My father took a deep breath.

"Well come on- let's get that wound clean." Zep set me on the couch as my father gathered everything he needed.

I gnashed my teeth together as he forced the wound back open so he could get cleaning liquid in it. The liquid fizzed and bubbled- a sign it was killing all the infection. After reapplying for a few minutes, he finally washed it out with water, which didn't burn as bad.

After applying some healing gel, he wrapped my leg.

"There, but be careful how much you walk on it." Stefan looked at Zep. "I take it you have chosen each other, so I am asking this of you: make sure she doesn't shift nor put to much weight on that leg for a couple of days."

"Of course," Zep returned, giving a respectful head bow. In truth, I didn't want my father to meet my future mate like he had met Zep, but that's how it went. My inner wolf had explained the call of inner wolf mates- how it draws wolves together.

Our inner wolves sensed what we did not.

"Come, let's go see the new additions." Zep lifted me again and we followed my father up the stairs. Sitting criss-cross on the floor of the living area on the second floor was Paul and Cherry. In Cherry's lap she held a baby boy. Paul held a baby girl.

Zep sat down near them- still holding me in his lap.

"So beautiful," I murmured, smiling at the babies. Cherry chuckled,

"I remember when you were born," she said, smiling at me like she used to when I was young. "And now you're meeting my children." She gazed back down at the child on her lap- Chris.

I turned my head back up to Zep. He held my gaze.

Life, as I was figuring out, was full of good and bad- but each wolf had someone to help them through each stage of life.

And my next stage of life, as I had decided right then, was to spend the rest of my days with Zepitia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 6.9K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
2.5M 86.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
22.4M 788K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...