Chapter 19

hai, I have a dedication for this chapter.

And that goes to.....

Nillyxx! You have been one of theore loyal readers, and seem to always want to comment. I just wanted to personally thank you.

Of course, all of you readers mean the world to me, and thank you all so much!!

Xoxo. Next up load after two comments!!

=========•==============================•=====================

In the darkness growls rang out. Yelling and screaming filled the air. Someone was angry, and someone else was scared.

But that didn't matter. The darkness crept in again, stealing away all caring...

Zep's POV

I herd a name being called, then a snapping sound. But when the sound of a painful cry found me, I sat up, suddenly awake.

I looked around, finding myself in a living room. I could feel my body was cut up and bruised, but I didn't pay any attention to that.

Instead, I gazed up at the figures in front of me. A bronze wolf stood between me and a man.

"Corria," he pleaded, giving me no mind, "please come back to us." Then he looked up at me. "You're the reason!" he suddenly yelled. "Because of you, she's gone!" Pointed at Corria, he said, "stand there is just a wolf! Not my daughter!"

When I just stared at him, he snarled and walked away. With a snap, the bronze wolf twisted her body, closing the door from the kitchen to the living room.

I stood up and squeezed my eyes together, pushing back the pain.

"Corria?" The wolf shook it's head. I knelt in front of her. "Then you're her inner wolf, aren't you?" She nodded. I reached out to her, keeping my hand inches from her nose.

After a heartbeat, she pushed forward, brushing her cheeks against my hand.

"Can you let Corria come back? This is her family, don't let her throw it away for the wolf who kidnapped her," I said softly.

The wolf looked up at me.

'She understands,' a soft voice told me. My inner wolf never spoke unless he really needed to. 'But Zep, something is between you two. There's a reason I told you to take her.'

'Rogues don't have mates,' I disagreed, feeling his reasoning.

'Don't under estimate this world.' And then he was silent again, pulling back to the back of my mind.

When I refocused on the wolf in front of me, she nodded. Her body began to fade away, leaving a shivering Corria draped in my arms, unconscious.

I snatched a blanket from the couch, covered her in it, then headed out of the room.

Paul's POV

The Rogue appeared in the kitchen doorway, Corria in hand. He walked up to Stefan, holding his daughter out to him.

Stefan took her, frowning at the Rogue.

"You could run at any second, why didn't you?" Stefan demanded. My father and mother watched the Rogue closely, in case he attacked.

"Because I want to say I'm sorry. My inner wolf is why I took her, but even then, it was still wrong. I treated her the best I could and kept her safe from the rest of the Rogues," he added.

Stefan nodded his head in thanks.

"And for that, I ask you let me run. I'll try to convince my father not to attack."

Everyone looked at Raven. But it was Cherry who spoke.

"You care for her, as I can tell," she murmured, "but for her to defend her captive when he was in pain... That baffles me."

We all nodded in agreement. He shrugged, looking at Corria.

"That's something you have to ask her," the Rogue said. Sofia stepped up to her husband.

"Rogue, your name?" she asked.

"Zepitia." She nodded.

"Run," Sofia said, voice low. "Before I kill you." I watched as he bowed his head and bee lined for the door.

'Give him a break,' my inner wolf suddenly said. I held back my frown. 'His wolf is old, and sad. Which makes him a sad person deep down. From the sounds of it, his wolf is just trying to make his life... Happier.'

I gazed at Corria. She was maybe only a few years old, but someone already had plans for her... Sad...

'She defended him, even attacked your father and her father,' my inner wolf reminded me. 'So maybe something else is going on here?'

Oh, shit.