Fairy Tail: You're Lucy of Fa...

By Cryptic_Eyes

- - - - Lucy is a passerby, stopping in the town of Magnolia to replenish herself before continuing... More

Chapter 1: Acceptance
Chapter 2: A Friend?
Chapter 4: Makarov's Intentions
Chapter 5: Trust
Chapter 6: Anxiety
Chapter 7: Memories of a Trapped Celestial Mage!
Chapter 8: The Birth of Confidence
Chapter 9: Appearance of a Nightmare.
Chapter 10: Taken Away
Chapter 11: The Plan For Vengeance!
Chapter 12: The Story of Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 13: Understanding Feelings
Chapter 14: A Heart of Gold!!
Chapter 15: Explosion of Hope.
Chapter 16: You Belong With Us!
Chapter 17: Natsu vs Rander
Chapter 18: A Retaliating Curse!
Chapter 19: Words of Love and Spirit
Chapter 20: Fairy Tail vs Shadow Paradox
Chapter 21: Plan of Revelation!
Chapter 22: Light and Fire! Lucy's Hidden Mission!
Chapter 23: A Fairy Tail Guild Member's Life (Final)

Chapter 3: Fairy Tail!

51.9K 1.7K 1.7K
By Cryptic_Eyes

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san! ♥ Boy, is it nice to be back!  Though it's only been about three days, I've been waiting patiently to finally have to time to write again! ♥ Finally, the weekend is here, and I have two days to write as much as I want!  Yay!  This will probably be the only chapter for tonight, unless I can squeeze another in for Legend of the Fallen. c;  I have to finish that one before this one goes in motion, lol!

Another song that fits this story very well...title is "You Found Me" by The Fray. c:  I really like this song, along with the band...they never get old, for me~!  I hope you all enjoy it!

I dedicate this chapter to dedicatedandrea!  It's a prize for commenting and voting for my stories so much! ♥ Thanks so much, it means a lot to me, haha!  I hope I can continue to get your support! c':  I until the next chapter, everyone!

cяypтιc_єyєs,

a.k.a яy-cнαη~☆

======================================================================

Lucy was sleeping in Natsu's bed, a peaceful expression on her face.  She still wore her cloak and keys on her waist, but she was under the covers that raised once in awhile with her calm intakes of breath.

"Geez, she didn't have to clean the whole house!"  Natsu mumbled, looking around.

It was true.  The house was spotless; everything had been put back in order; dishes cleaned, laundry done, floors scrubbed, trash taken out, everything back on the walls were they belonged, and the sheets washed.

Happy looked at the dragon slayer in amusement.  "But we couldn't stop her, Nat-zu!  Lu-shee was so happy she thought she had to repay us!"

Natsu let out a breath of amusement, looking at the sleeping Lucy across the room.  "Yeah.  She did seem really happy."

Lucy expression was full of joy and laughter when she saw a picture Happy tried to draw one time under a pile of clothes.  It was of Natsu, but it wasn't very well drawn.

"You still kept this though?"  Lucy had asked, smiling.

Natsu had replied like it was obvious.  "Course, Happy drew it."

Natsu, however, was still surprised Lucy had so much energy.

"Natsu?"

Natsu was jerked from his thoughts, looking down at his exceed.  "Eh?  What is it, Happy?"

Happy looked troubled.  "How are we going to tell the guild?"

Natsu's face became strained.  "Oh crap, that's right!  They think Lucy is like what everyone else says!  How're we gonna convince them that she isn't so bad?"

"...been looking for you..."  Lucy murmured in her sleep.

Natsu and Happy looked at Lucy, their expressions curious.

"Who's Lucy looking for?"  Happy whispered, trying not to wake the Celestial Mage.

"Who knows..."  Natsu mumbled, shrugging his shoulders dismissively.

-------------------------------- ೋღ♥ ღೋ --------------------------------

When Lucy awoke, she found it was much more warmer in the covers than when she had fallen asleep.  Still half asleep, Lucy turned over on her right side, finally hearing a strange sound.

Snoring...?  Lucy wondered, her mind still foggy from sleep.

Slowly opening her eyes, Lucy's face turned bright pink when she saw Natsu snoring next to her, their faces only centimeters away.

"Eh..?!"  Lucy exclaimed, sitting straight up.  "Ehh?!"  She exclaimed again when she saw Happy at the foot of the bed and Natsu next to her.

Lucy shot off the bed like a rocket and scootched back on the floor with her hands and feet.  She slammed into the wall behind her, staring wide-eyed at the two partners who began to stir.

"Oh?"  Natsu began, yawning.  "What is it, Luce?"

"W-What are you doing?!"  Lucy squeaked, pulling her hood over her head to hide her embarrassment.

"What do you think?  We were sleepin'."  Natsu replied simply, laying back on the pillows drowsily.

"We didn't have a place to sleep except with you, Lu-shee!"  Happy replied, rubbing his paw over his eyes.

"Eh?"  Lucy began, realizing they were right.  "S-Sorry.  I didn't know..."

Natsu groaned.  "It doesn't matter anymore.  I wanna sleep some more!"  He whined.

Lucy smiled slightly.

"Lucy, who are you looking for?"  Happy asked, walking over to her.

"Nani?"  Lucy replied, confused.

Natsu rested his head in his palm, propping it up against the pillow.  "You were talkin' in your sleep.  You said you were looking for someone."

Lucy started.  I talk in my sleep?  "Uh, just someone who I thought could help me."

"Help you with what?"  Happy pressed, eating another fish that had--Lucy noticed--came out of nowhere.

Lucy sighed, standing.  "You remember those guys from last night?  Well, they work for someone who's after me.  They aren't with the government."

"Who's after you, Lu-shee?"  Happy asked, both him and Natsu intrigued.

Lucy looked at them with a sad yet apologetic smile.  "If I tell you, it'll be confusing.  I'll have to start from the beginning."

Natsu and Happy looked at each other in question, but then turned back to Lucy and nodded.

Lucy sighed.  "Alright then..."  

Sitting down, Lucy began her story.

"When I was little, I didn't know I was a Celestial Spirit Mage,"  Lucy replied, looking sadly into space; she could almost recall the memories exactly.  "I had heard about how evil they were, because they used celestial spirits to do their evil bidding.  I was scared of them."  Lucy laughed slightly, but there was no heart in it.  "It's ironic...  Anyway, I learned shortly after my mother died that I had the power to summon spirits.  My father..."  Lucy sighed.  "...he had become slightly abusive and angry after she had died.  I realize now it was because he missed Momma so much, but I didn't know it back then."

Lucy glanced at the duo.  "So, I ran.  It wasn't until I experienced the outside world as a Celestial Mage for the first time did I realize how bad everyone's perception of me was."  Lucy's eyes narrowed.  "I didn't understand it.  No one really knew who I was, yet they still judged me like they knew me all along,"  Happiness twinkled in Lucy's eyes as she continued to explain.  "When I had first met my Celestial Spirits, they had seemed so sad and broken.  Like they had been put through some awful things.  I didn't want them to think I would treat them that way."

Lucy laughed slightly.  "Loke told me that he knew I was different from previous Celestial Mages because the first thing I did when I met them was hug them all.  I called them my friends, and I hoped we could work together and form close bonds.  He told me...that I was the first Celestial Mage in a long time to treat them that way."  Lucy looked up at Natsu.  "Is that true?  Have the last ones really caused so much trouble?"

"Ah."  Natsu replied, nodding his head; his expression was serious.

"Mira said that some have even killed people,"  Happy replied quietly; sadly.

Lucy's expression saddened.  "I see...well, when I ran from my father, I was just a naive girl.  And because of that, I ended up running into...him."  Lucy's hands tightened considerably, which Natsu noticed.  "His name was Morgan.  He captured me, and kept me imprisioned for a long time.  I wasn't keeping track, but if I have to say now...about two years would be right.  He's...the one responsible for evil Celestial Mages."

"What?!"  Natsu exclaimed, his blood running cold.

"N-No way!  You mean...there's someone responsible for turning those mages evil?"  Happy began, his eyes wide as well.

Lucy nodded silently.  "He tried to get me to mistreat the spirits.  He wanted me to make them obey me, with force or not.  He wanted me to do horrible things, and when I refused, I was beaten as a small girl and often kept in dark areas.  If it wasn't for Loke and my other eleven spirits, I don't know if I would have given in or not."

Natsu's fists clenched, and a small angry chsk escaped his mouth.

"However, they did teach me how to defend myself,"  Lucy replied defiantly.  "Which might not have been a good idea, considering I used that to my advantage to escape."  Lucy sighed.  "I tried to go back to my father, to tell him what they had done to me, and that I was sorry.  But...he was hurt, I think.  He cast me out, and even told Morgan where I was,"  Lucy's voice was sadly getting softer, and she hung her head low.  "I've been running ever since."

"Those bastards..."  Natsu growled, slamming his fist into the table in front of him.  Lucy jumped at the sudden sound.  "They've been tricking everyone this entire time!"

Happy put his paws on Natsu's arms.  "Natsu, calm down,"  Happy turned to look at Lucy.  "Ne, Lucy; why do you think they would make everyone turn against Celestial Mages in the first place?"

Lucy looked defeated and stressed, then.  "I don't know.  That was the one thing I was never able to figure out."

There was disappointed silence.

"But there was someone who I met a long time ago, as I was captured by Morgan."  Lucy added quickly.  "I had been sent, as a test, to retrieve supplies from the public to test if I'd run.  I met him then.  He had whispered into my ear, saying "Come back to the guild once you escape", and he shined a symbol made out of magic before leaving..."  Lucy fell silent, and then began to slowly look up at Natsu, who questioned her look.

"What?"  He asked, raising a brow at her.

Lucy abruptly stood up.  "T-The symbol, I remember it now!  How did I not recognize it when I first saw you?!  It's the guild mark on your shoulder; that's what he showed me!"

"What?!"  Happy and Natsu both exclaimed in surprise.

-------------------------------- ೋღ♥ ღೋ --------------------------------

"I don't know, Natsu..."  Lucy began, looking down at the ground as people passed by.  "This isn't going to end well..."

They were standing in front of the Fairy Tail guild, right outside the fences.  Lucy had her hands clenching tightly onto her hood, trying to cover up as much of her face as she could.  Nerves wracked through her system; this went against everything she'd ever told herself to do.

Natsu rolled his eyes.  "It'll be fine.  If I'm with you, they'll understand after we talk to them."  He looked back at her.  "If anything goes wrong, just stay by me, alright?  And Lucy--"  Lucy looked up at him, preoccupied with the people walking by.  "--take your hood down; you look more pretty without it!"

"Eh?"  Lucy began, wondering if she'd misheard him.

"Aye!"  Happy exclaimed, sliding the hood off of Lucy's head.  "You look more normal and less mysterious with it down too!"

Natsu grinned at her.  "You wanted to find the person who sent you that message right?  Well, now's finally your chance!  Let's go!"  Before Lucy could protest further, Natsu dragged her by the arm with him, pulling her into the guild doors.

"We're back!"  Natsu exclaimed full-heartedly, the doors fully opening to reveal a room full of mages.

Lucy swallowed.

They were all laughing and cheering, though they were celebrating nothing.  Some were having a few spouts, but they looked friendly.

"Natsu-san, welcome back!"  a black-haired kid exclaimed, smiling at him.

"Ah, Romeo!"  Natsu exclaimed.

"Hey Natsu, whose the girl?"  A brown-haired older man replied, smoking a cigar.

Lucy felt extremely nervous that she almost didn't hear Natsu tell her something.  "Any of these guys look familiar?"  Natsu asked, still hanging onto her.

Lucy looked around, ignoring her rapidly beating heart as she skimmed her eyes over everyone she could see.

Lucy shook her head sadly.

"Hey Flame Brain, who ya got with you?"

Natsu stopped in his tracks, mumbling to himself annoyingly.  "Shut up, Gray!  And put some clothes on!"

Lucy looked and saw a black-haired male walking towards Natsu, and he was--naked.  Lucy squeaked, dropping to the ground and covering her face which had turned beat red so badly her face smoked.

"I'm sorry,"  Lucy heard a small voice reply.  She peaked from her fingers when she saw a small blue-haired girl putting a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.  "Gray has a stripping problem..."

Natsu grinned.  "Lucy, this is Wendy, the healer I told you about."

Wendy blinked at Natsu in surprise.  "Natsu-san, you talked about me?"

Natsu laughed childishly, rubbing the back of his head.  "Ah, well...sort of!"

"It's nice to meet you,"  Wendy replied cutely, smiling at her as she shook Lucy's hand.  "What's your name?"

Lucy halted, looking up at Natsu.  His face had gone serious; cautious.  Natsu nodded, letting Lucy know she should explain who she was.  As a result of that, he got closer to her, keeping his promise that he had vowed outside.

Lucy sighed, taking a deep breath.  Finally, she smiled, looking at Wendy kindly.  "My name's Lucy.  Lucy Heartfilia.  I'm...a Celestial Mage."

Total silence.

"What?!"  The entire guild exclaimed, shaking the very building itself.

-------------------------------- ೋღ♥ ღೋ --------------------------------

"What is that criminal doing here?!"

"Natsu-san, what did you do?!"

"You'll get us into trouble!"

"Get her out of here!  She can't be trusted!"

"Are you two seriously that naive?  You brought a wanted fugitive into these guild walls!"

Lucy visibly flinched at the last tone, turning to see a mage standing right in front of her.  She had scarlet colored hair, and had a dark and angry aura around her body.

S-Scary!  Lucy exclaimed through her mind, terrified.

Natsu and Happy looked like they knew they were in for it.  "E-Erza!"

The mage now known as Erza glared at the two members of Fairy Tail.

Lucy's expression turned hard, and she stood up, blocking Erza from her new friends.  Erza looked at her with a mistrusting glare, and Lucy gave herself props for not faltering under her glare.

"If you're going to hurt someone, hurt me,"  Lucy replied, determined.  "Don't touch my new friends."

"Lucy..."  Natsu replied, surprised.

"Friend?!"  Erza exclaimed, along with everyone else.  "What on earth did you do, Natsu?!"

Natsu's expression turned defiant as well.  "Lucy isn't an evil person!  Everything they said about her is wrong, and I know why!"

"What?"  Gray began.  "How do you know she's not lying to you?"

Natsu's expression hardened.  "I didn't know who Lucy was at first; I ran into her on the way home.  When I saw how beat up she was, I took her to Happy and I's house so she could wrap up her injuries!"

"Are you mental?!"  Cana exclaimed.

"You didn't answer my question, ass!"  Gray exclaimed.  "How do you know this girl isn't lying to you?"

Natsu's expression strained, and he clenched his fists.  "Because someone who is as evil as that wouldn't do the things I saw Lucy do!  An evil mage wouldn't cry, or laugh, or hug you when they're scared!  But Lucy did!  She cried when she told me her story, laughed when she told me about the spirits she loved so much, and even hugged me out of gratitude for saving her!"  Natsu looked at Lucy, who was looking at him gratefully.  "An evil mage wouldn't be as nice as Lucy!"

A silence ensued, people relaxing from their angry postures and backing down slightly.  Lucy took out her keys, and surprised the guild members by sticking them out towards Erza.

"What are you doing?"  Erza replied, suspicious.

Go ahead, Lucy.  You need to do this to prove to them you're on their side.

I'm sorry, minna...  Lucy replied to her spirits, her heart sinking.  I'll get you back soon, I promise!

"Take my keys."  Lucy replied, bravery in her eyes.

"What?"  Erza replied, surprised.

"Take them,"  Lucy repeated again.  "You would feel better, right?  I want to show you I mean no harm.  Just...please, don't hurt them; they're all the family I've got...!"  Lucy's voice cracked.

Everyone shifted, uncomfortable.  Erza looked from Lucy to Natsu, and saw the dragon slayer's expression was hard, daring her to call Lucy out on a bluff she clearly wasn't performing.

"Natsu-san does seem to trust this girl..."  Wendy replied quietly; shyly.  "And I could feel her emotions when I shook her hand."

"Wendy..."  Charle replied quietly.

Wendy looked at Lucy nervously.  "I could feel that she was really sad, and that she was desperate for something.  I felt the kindness in her heart too."

Lucy smiled slightly at the small mage in gratefulness, who gave her a comforting one back.

Lucy turned to look back at Erza, who sighed.  "Fine.  But know this, Lucy.  If you even think about lying, about being what people say you are..."  Lucy gulped, and Erza gave her a hard look.  "...know you will answer directly to me.  And the fact doesn't change that you are a closely-watched fugitive."

Lucy nodded, watching as Erza walked away.  She looked down to see her keys still in her hand, and sighed in relief.  The guild members seemed to start to disperse, but they halted when a voice spoke loud.

"What's all the commotion out here?"

Everyone in the guild looked up to the balcony, including Lucy, and saw a short old man standing there.

"Master!"  Erza exclaimed in surprise.

"Old man!"  Natsu replied.

Lucy however, had froze, her eyes widening considerably.

She recognized him.

"I-It's you!"  Lucy exclaimed, and everyone turned to her.  The memory of the man showing Fairy Tail's mark to her before disappearing flashed through Lucy's mind again.

Lucy took a couple steps forward.  "You're the one I've been looking for!"

Natsu and Happy's expression were dumbfounded.  "Nani?  Master is?!"

They looked back up to the Master, who's expression was stern, yet please to see the girl there.

"Welcome, Lucy,"  Master replied, a knowing look in his eyes.  "It's been a long time."

.

.

.

===========================================================

Makarov is revealed to be the mysterious man that offered his help to Lucy two years ago!  Why did he appear that day, and offer reasurrances to the Celestial Mage?

More importantly, when will Morgan resurface?  Is he looking for Lucy, or planning something much more sinister?

Find out what happens next in Chapter 4: Makarov's Intentions!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 90 33
Lucy Heartfilia was once close to Natsu Dragneel. But once an old friend returns from the "dead", she was treated as if she never existed. Like an ou...
182K 8.1K 53
Lucy Heartfilia is a normal girl. She goes to Fairy Tail Academy and is one of their top students and leads a normal lifestyle. She lives alone in a...
16.8K 609 40
[Completed] ✓ Lucy grew up loved dearly by not only her parents, but the entire kingdom of Fiore. Her mother, the queen, was close friends with the D...
198K 7.4K 22
Lucy Heartfilia's death came as a shock to the entire Fairy Tail guild, but to none more than Natsu Dragneel. Devestated, he loses the will to fight...