Enamored | ✓

By AngeliqueToledo

He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a c... More

0. Trailer and Author's Note
1. Acquainted
2. Intoxicated
3. Divulged
4. Dread
5. Ultimatum
6. Guilt
7. The First Game
8. La Verdad
9. Ayperos
10. Dangerous Touch
11. Confessions
12. Comfortable
13. Aggravation
14. Amor
15. Game Trois
16. Rest In Peace
17. Horrifying Roots
18. The Bridal Fruit
19. Midnight Visits
20. Teddy Bear
21. Rescue
22. Medio Terrae
23. Runes of Love
24. In The Arms of An Angel
25. By Blood
26. A Necessary Death
27. Savior
28. It's Over
29. Catch Me When I Fall
30. Humane
31. True Colors
32. Safe House
33. Attacked
34. Rejuvenation
35. Rejection
36. Discovery
37. Sacrifice
39. Ambush
40. Chosen One
41. Eternal Love
Epilogue
2ND BOOK *IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
New Book and Upcoming Works after Enamored

38. The Final Outcome

3.4K 156 8
By AngeliqueToledo

Hi guys! Only four more chapters before the end of Enamored! I apologize for the lack of updates recently but I'm still trying my hardest to complete this story this year! Thank you so much for being patient with me! 

Song: I Don't Wanna Live Forever x Zayn & Taylor Swift

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You have until before midnight of today to finish the game." Daemon informed me. We were shrouded in darkness as he led me to a well lit room. It was then I realized that the room we just walked into was the same parlor that me and my friends found ourselves in when we first played Daemon's game.

The intricate tapestries were still the same and the red flames in the fireplace still resembled the shape of multiple snakes hissing and striking at anyone that dares to come close.

"How will I know if I won the game?" I asked Daemon.

In reply, he tsked. "Don't get too cocky now, Celeste." he said facing me. "This is the final level of our game, and I don't intend to make it easy." he warned.

Stepping away from me, Daemon flashed me a devious grin. "Happy Birthday, Celeste." he said to me, before he disappeared before me.

I was all alone.

I looked around my surroundings and attempted to calm the panic that threatened to rise from my throat. Trying to remember some of the rules of the game, I walked towards the double doors that Daemon and I entered and turned the knob.

Instead of the dimly lit hallway that my friends and I have seen in previous games, I stood before the swimming pool of my high school. The lights were turned off causing me to stumble when my foot made contact with a duffle bag in the middle of the walk way.

"Celeste!" familiar voices shouted at me in unison. I walked faster to where I heard those voices only to see Brittany, Ted, and Daniel running towards me.

"Guys! What are you doing here?" I asked them. There was something different about them. It was something I couldn't quite put my finger on. They couldn't have been here if it wasn't for a rune or Daemon taking them to the Nether Realm.

Right now, we were inside of the our "high school." I knew it was all a set up for the nightmare or fear I'll face. Yet, I wasn't sure on how it relates to both.

"We have to go." Brittany said with urgency. "We'll explain on the way."

I agreed with them and exited from the pool. As we walked through the halls, I couldn't shake the uncertainty I feel as I continued to walk with my friends.

I collided into Brittany's back when she stopped walking all of a sudden. Something fell from the inside of her jacket causing a loud clatter when it hit the ground.

My eyes widened when I saw it was a knife. Brittany glared at me, her once warm brown eyes filled with hate.

Ted and Daniel stood next to her with brandished knives, their bodies tense as if they're ready to pounce.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked them, my voice shaking.

Brittany picked up the knife that fell from her jacket. Touching its pointy tip with her finger, she looked at me with a small grin on her face.

"You see Celeste, Daemon made a deal between all of us. We kill you, and our souls are free."

Ted and Daniel shared a knowing glance with each other. "Plus, he promised to bring Summer back." Daniel added.

I was taken aback. Did they really mean what they said? "Are you guys...serious?" I stammered.

Brittany sighed and rolled her eyes. "Obviously we are, Celeste." she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Now, stay still and we'll make your death as quick and painless..." she paused looking both at Daniel and Ted, "Oh who am I kidding, of course it won't be painless!"

She charged towards me and I ran for my life not looking back. I ran towards the exit only to have it locked. I shook the door open, pushing with all my might but it wouldn't work.

This is all just a game. I assured myself. My friends aren't trying to kill me. They're all a part of my nightmare. I told myself.

But it wasn't.

Ted was standing a few feet behind me as he smashed the glass where the fire extinguisher was kept and pulled the ax that was inside.

His hands were bleeding and his crimson blood coated the sharp edge of the ax. "Ted, you don't have to do this." I begged him. "We can always find another way to save each other."

He let out a small laugh. "You never noticed me ever since Angelo told you how he feels about you." My eyes widened at his confession.

No, it can't be true. He's always loved Summer. Ted was the one that was most affected out of all of us after she died.

My eyes scanned for a possible exit. I was no longer in the same hallway where Brittany tried to kill me. Instead, I realized that I was in a different floor of the school building. Ted was the only one standing meaning that the others haven't caught up because I ran fast.

I can easily outrun Ted if I ran to my right and exit the school building. The door to my right was one of the exits and knowing Ted, he would be able to run after me, but not before I could find someplace to hide.

As Ted drawled on and on about the day he first started catching feelings for me, I dashed to the exit door, thanking God that it was unlocked. The small smile that crept to my face disappeared when I realized that I was back inside my high school's swimming pool.

The water still glowed a bright blue, the light reflecting on the ceiling. It would have been dark without the pool's glowing water and there were limited places to hide.

I couldn't believe it. All my friends have turned against me. I turned a corner and before I knew it, a sharp pain went through my stomach. I let out a loud gasp, my mouth forming to an O. My body leaned against a body. I put my hand where the pain came from only to feel something wet spilling onto my fingertips. Blood.

I tilted my head up only to see Brittany's face morphed into a crazy smile. "Finally," she whispered in my ear, "It's about time you stop running." She said and with that, she pulled the knife from my stomach with one pull.

I stumbled back, dizziness clouding my brain. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ted and Daniel walking towards us. My mind tried to process the words that I wanted to tell them.

"It's okay," I gasped as the pain multiplied. "I forgive you." I told them as surprise marred their faces.

My feet almost fell from under me, but I managed to remain standing up. I was dying and I knew it. Perhaps it was for the better in order to maintain the peace between Heaven and the Nether Realm on Earth and its human beings.

"I'm sorry...I couldn't free...your souls, as soon as I could." I said with regret. But at least after my death, they would be free.

I fell backwards as black spots in my vision took over. The cold sting of the water embraced my body as I fell into the pool. It was okay for me to die, because this game ends with me. My last thoughts were of the people I loved, including the friends who betrayed me.

As my eyes slowly closed for eternity and my back hit the bottom of the pool, a figure was swimming towards me, their hands extending towards me. I was too weak too move, so I fell into a deep slumber and let the darkness take me. 

Please don't forget to comment and vote what you think! <3

Xoxo, 

Angelique

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 1.2K 66
60,000+ words ➠"Overall, it was a well-depicted story, definitely a good read and any fans of supernatural, mystery, fantasy genres will absolutely b...
16.5K 809 28
What happens when the Princess of Heaven and the Son of Satan fall in love? A whole lot of trouble happens. * Lues and Celeste, a demon and an angel...
265 98 20
I am entrapped in a nightmare. A school where souls are categorised into three realms - Heaven, Earth and Nether. Disguised as a Demon, I am trying t...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...