23. Runes of Love

Hi everyone! I apologize for the lack of updates again! I just turned 18 and I got sick >

Hi everyone! I apologize for the lack of updates again! I just turned 18 and I got sick >.< This is a filler chapter between Celeste and Daemon :) I hope you guys enjoy!

Song: We Won't x Jaymes Young ft. Phoebe Ryan

"Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing."

― Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a day after me and Angelo were attacked by Medio Terrae. Not only were they willing to capture and kill me, but they also had the power to murder powerful beings like Angelo and Daemon.

Angelo, I thought to myself. I would die if anything happened to him. Although we've been together for only a few days, I couldn't help but wonder if what I felt for him was the same when I was pining for him and before he even noticed me as something else other than a friend.

Daemon's game and the attack prevented us from getting to know each other intimately. I couldn't spend time with him because I either worry about school and my job or Daemon's games and Medio Terrae.

My eyes glazed over to the suitcase I just opened in my room. I thought about taking my mother with me and escaping from LA, far from Medio Terrae and Daemon. It sounded like a great plan until I remembered my father and his damned soul in Chinvat as well as my decision between Daemon and Angelo.

I closed the suitcase and kicked it under my bed before laying down on my back. I longed for Angelo to be on my side and for him to hold me close like before. He has always made me feel safe and secure and finally being with him gave me this unexplainable energy I've never had before.

Perhaps this is what it's like to be in love.

I closed my eyes and laid on my side. Daemon's exquisite features flashed in my mind. My heart began to beat fast out of fear causing my eyes to open.

Or was it fear?

His electric kisses and his touches were etched permanently in my mind and skin. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't forget them. Deep inside, I yearned for more. I groaned and buried my face on my soft pillow.

Damn him. If it weren't for his games I wouldn't be thinking about him this way. I shouldn't even be thinking about him because Angelo is my boyfriend and he's the one I'll choose once I turn 18 and harness my entire powers as the Bridal Fruit.

I turned to my side again, and this time my arm landed on a hard stomach. My eyes flew open.

Speak of the devil.

Daemon laid on my bed with his arms crossed behind his head. I was no longer surprised and afraid like I usually did whenever he showed up unannounced.