Lost & Found // Z.M.

By Nargles

As Zayn and the rest of the guys from One Direction arrive at their concert in NY, Zayn spots a crying girl... More

Lost & Found
Ellie Summers
3 Months Later
The Concert
Gummy Bears
A Day With One Direction (Part I)
A Day With One Direction (Part II)
May Castiel Be With You
Welcome To London
A Small Donation
Revealed Feelings
Things
Nandos With Niall
First Kiss
Wake Me Up
Welcome to Ireland
Not A Goodbye
Epilogue

The Next Big Step

6.2K 106 29
By Nargles

“This out to be good.” I whispered at the wind. It was a chilly New York evening. I was sitting outside of a local coffee shop a couple blocks away from my house, waiting for Zayn to arrive. 

When I told my mom about our plans, she excitedly told me it was fine and that she secretly had been waiting for the moment when I would have my first date. It was a little embarrassing but I laughed at her enthusiasm. She even helped me out with my outfit. Of course Sam freaked out the most. The moment we got home, she knew something was up. She kept bothering me to tell her until I finally gave in and I told her everything. It was like watching someone win a million dollars by the way she was jumping up and down screaming. I told her about our conversations when everyone was riding the coasters. How I was scared to death but he held me tightly even though I could also feel how scared he was too, and how hard he was trying to hide it. I told her about how I pretended to be a fan for the heck of it. I also told her about him asking me out. What I didn’t tell her was how the moment he asked me out my stomach dropped to ankles and my heart stopped for a second. 

Yesterday had been absolutely amazing. Fooling around in paintball, kicking everyone’s ass, pretending to be a warrior with Danielle, the long talks with Zayn while everyone went to the rides, eating a whole bunch of food with Niall and mostly being around everyone. All the boys were extremely funny and caring. Danielle and Eleanor were incredibly cool and fun to hang out with. Of course there was Sam too. I could never live without her. She’s my weird, crazy, hyperactive sister.

I looked out into the street. I could see that today was a busy day with a lot of productivity. There were many taxis and cars passing by. I wondered about what people might be doing. I wanted to know their destination. A date? Work? Home? No one that I didn't know had a clue that I was meeting one of the boys from a super famous band. I felt special, in a way.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” A voice appeared. I looked back to see Zayn walking toward our table. I instantly noticed how he looked absolutely amazing with his outfit. From top to bottom, he looked like a model. I felt a little insecure with my choice of clothing, like I could never compare to such beauty. 

“It’s fine.” I replied.

Zayn grabbed the chair in front of mine and sat down.

“The boys decided to give me a talk before I left and it wasn’t a pretty one either.”

“What did they say?” I asked curiously.

“It’s better if you don’t know.” 

“I will take your word for it.” 

Zayn chuckled.

“So, should we order?” I suggested.

“Oh, we’re not eating here.”

“We’re not?” 

“Nope.” Zayn stood up in a swift movement, and he stood by my side, extending his hand towards me. I took it and started following him down the street. 

I could feel myself getting a little nervous. It happens every time I touch him. It was just something I couldn’t control. I also liked the way we were hand in hand like a couple, it made it seem so surreal. Just thinking about us together made my stomach tremble. I had finally admitted to myself that I cared for Zayn as more than friends but I also reminded myself that we could never be a couple. He was famous, super famous and I was just a girl from New York, no one special. Our lives could never work. Of course I shrugged it all away, for tonight.

“Were are we going?” I asked Zayn as we were riding in a taxi toward downtown New York. 

“I asked a bunch of people for a great restaurant and they told me about one in downtown NY so that’s were we’re going.”

“Zayn! That’s gonna cost a lot!” I exclaimed. I didn’t understand why he would want to spend his money on an overrated restaurant. 

“I want to!”

“I refuse! Can’t we go to McDonald’s or something?” I asked.

Zayn stopped moving to look at me with a confused look across his face.

“McDonald’s?” 

“Yeah, I mean, I think I would enjoy the food there rather than a fancy restaurant, to be honest.” Zayn looked at me for a long time. He looked like he was concentrating on something really difficult as he stared into my eyes. I could feel myself getting uncomfortable with the look he was giving me. Then he started to laugh.

“What?” I whispered, confused. He kept laughing.

“Zayn! Stop laughing!” I punched him in the shoulder.

“I’m sorry!” He talked back. “I’m just really amused and relived at the same time. I really didn’t want to go to a nice restaurant because to be honest, I don’t like that whole fancy stuff and this whole time I should of just asked you!” 

“Yeah, that would have been best.” I agreed.

“McDonald’s then?” He asked.

“Yes, McDonald’s please, a Big Mac sounds great right now.” I replied. Zayn told the driver to drop us off in the closest McDonald’s before grabbing my hand and placing it in his lap, never letting go of it.

Inside McDonald’s, as we were eating our food and laughing at random things, we were interrupted twice by girls who wanted autographs and pictures. Of course Zayn complied their wishes but after he signed their stuff, he immediately asked for privacy telling the girls that he was on a date, which caused many girls to give me the death glare but they did as told. 

“I guess they don’t like me.” I said.

“It’s not that they don’t like you, it’s that their jealous. Happens all the time with Danielle and Eleanor. Girls think they hate them when in reality their just jealous and mad that they’re dating Liam and Louis because they wish it was them dating the boys instead.” He explained.

“It’s weird.” I admitted.

“I hope it doesn’t bother you because I really like you, and I want to keep seeing you.” He admitted. I felt my heart skip a beat. He said he really liked me, and he wanted to keep seeing me. I couldn’t believe it. The most gorgeous boy I had ever seen had just admitted to liking me. For that moment, I completely forgot his fame or his looks. I thought about how great and kind he had been the entire time as well. I was completely overwhelmed with feelings I didn’t even knew I had. 

“What?” I blurted out.

“I like you Ellie, and I wanted to ask you something.” He said calmly. My hands were getting sweaty and my appetite for my burger had completely disappeared. 

“What did you want to ask me?”

“I know I’ve known you for such a small amount of time, but I want to get to know you more and I can’t do that with me going on tour in the UK.”

“Oh.” I replied.

“I want you to go on tour with us.” 

I almost choked on my own saliva. “WHAT?!”

“I know. I know it sounds completely strange but it’s true. I don’t want to leave again without having to know you better. I know it seems ridiculous now but give it a thought. Of course it would have to be a fast decision because we leave tomorrow.”

“What? Are you crazy? I can’t decide in a day. I have to think about it, my mom, Sam, I just… can’t.”

“I know, it’s a risk. But, somehow, I don’t want to leave yet.” He admitted.

“Then you stay!” I responded.

“You know I can’t.” He calmly responded. He was right too. Of course there was no way he could stay here when he had tour to attend in the UK. It wasn’t an option.

“I can’t leave New York” I exclaimed.

“How about this. Stay for two weeks. That’s all I ask for. Two weeks of going on tour and then I’ll personally bring you back.”

“Zayn, I can’t. What about school? My mom? Sam? I’m a senior in high school. I need to keep my grades up and focus in getting into college.”

“Ellie, have you ever even done something out of the ordinary? Have you ever done something that no one would expect? It’s called living.”

“I have so!” I lied.

“Really? Name one thing.” Zayn insisted. 

“Well, uh, yeah, uh, Oh! This one time, I skipped class to try and smoke for the first time.” I responded. “Of course I nearly died of the smell and the smoke. It was disgusting.”

Zayn shuffled in his seat uncomfortably. 

“That does not count.” He responded.

“Well fine, no I have not taken risks and frankly, I like living by the rules thank you very much.”

“Ellie, look at me in the eyes and tell me there was nothing between us in these pasts two days.” Zayn said calmly.

I sighed heavily. Of course there was. This whole weekend had been a dream I did not want to wake up from. But of course, I had to face reality. This wasn’t a dream. Zayn was one fifth of one of the biggest bands out there. He had to leave eventually. It’s just how it went. 

“I know you feel it.” He insisted.

“Zayn, it doesn’t matter if I feel it or not. You live in a different country for god’s sake! You travel almost every day. This could never work.”

“I’m not asking for exclusiveness. I’m asking for two weeks of getting to know each other, hanging out, talking, having fun. That’s all.” He grabbed my hand in his, making me shiver. 

I didn’t know what to do. I knew I could easily keep up with two weeks of school work if I wanted to. Technically one since spring break was going to be in a week. 

“Even if I agreed, what am I suppose to do? Just follow you guys around like a puppy?” 

“No, of course not. I asked management if you could help out. They have a styling position for you.” Zayn looked accomplished.

“What about the boys? I’m sure they wouldn’t want me there.” I shot back.

“Eleanor is going with us too. Danielle is going for a couple of days because of her dancing but I asked the guys and they all agreed.”

“Sam will kill me.” I kept throwing things out there to make it harder.

“I asked her too. She freaked but she approved.”

“You did what now?” Oh sweet baby Jesus. She’s gonna get it.

“My mom.” I whispered.

“That would be my last person. I was going to ask her myself but I thought you would want to do it first.” Zayn explained. 

“This isn’t real.”

“It is. Come on Ellie. Two weeks in the UK with us. It’s all I ask.”

“Okay, fine. Fine! I will talk to my mom but I think you should be there.” I said.

“Yeah, sure, let’s do it tonight then.” Zayn suggested.

“Wha, uh, tonight?” I responded.

“Yeah, might as well. Better now than later.”

“Okay?” I agreed.

We grabbed a taxi to my building, my nerves getting bigger and bigger as we got closer. I was nervous about talking with my mom but I was also nervous about having Zayn see were I live. Sam was the only one other than my family that had ever been inside our apartment. It was clean and well decorated, but it was small. 

When we finally arrived at the building I hurried Zayn inside. 

Inside my apartment was Sam and my mom, casually sitting on the couch watching a rerun of Gilmore Girls. 

They both turned around when I walked into the room.

Of course, both of them were surprised when Zayn walked in right behind me.

“Hey sweetheart, you’re back early… with your date?” My mom asked surprised.

“Uhm, yeah we need to talk to you.” I responded.

“Maybe I should go then.” Sam started to stand up from the sofa.

“No, stay. It’s okay.” I replied. She sat back down, pressing her lips together.

“Sit.” I ordered Zayn after I introduced him to my mom. He sat down on the second sofa, I took the seat next to him.

“So, what is this about? I’m not going to be a mother in law or grandma right?”She chuckled. I looked at Zayn. He looked back at me nervously.

“Oh god no!” I said a little louder than I should of.

“I am joking!” She laughed.

“Mom!”

“What? Okay, I’m sorry. Please go on.”

“I wanted to ask your opinion on something.”

“On what?”

“Mam, I want to take your daughter with me for vacation.” Zayn said.

“Vacation?” Mom repeated. I looked over at Sam, and I could tell she was holding a giggle.

“I want to take her with me and the boys on tour with us.”

“Ahh, I see.” She nodded. I instantly figured out that Sam filled her in on everything.

“It’s in Europe and I would only miss one week of school since one of them includes spring break.” I added.

“If you want to, go for it.”

“Wait, what?” I was taken aback. She didn’t even think about it, she just agreed. 

“If that’s what you want, then I will let you go.” She assured.

“Really?” Even Zayn was surprised.

“Yes! Sweetheart the most fun you have is hanging out with either Sam, Lucy and me. I think it’s time you go explore the world and if Zayn here can promise me that you will be taken care of and nothing will happen to you, then I approve.”

“I promise you mam, I will protect her with my life.” Zayn explained.

“Then it’s all up to you Ellie.” Mom said.

I gulped. I did not expect it to go that easy. I was kind of expecting a long conversation, an argument, something. Now, it was all up to me. It was a simple choice of yes and no. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something was keeping me from saying no. It was tugging on the back of my head, keeping the words in my mouth. Touring England sounded amazing, a dream. All I had to do was say yes.

“I uh-”

“You better say yes Ellie Summers or I will execute you.” Sam threatened.

“Geez, calm down. Just give me a moment.” I replied. So many thoughts were rushing through my head, some of them were even making my hand shake, the fact that everyone was staring at me was making it harder too. 

“Okay, okay, I will go to England with One Direction!” I finally made up my mind. Zayn was right, it was time to take a risk, and I was about to take big one. 

*Note from Nargles:

I'm undecided on how I feel about this chapter. Please comment and vote! Let's do this, 15 comments until I upload the next chapter. :) As soon as I get 15, I'll upload it, I promise. 

I have big plans ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
840K 33.3K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
947K 40K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
43.6M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...