Memories (The Pack)

By DarkDisco7

*Story prompt not mine... I just adjusted it a little* What was his name again? Nick? No... Vikk. His na... More

Dedicated
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - END
1k!
2K
3K
Epilouge
4K
5K
6k
10k :D

Chapter 23

733 31 41
By DarkDisco7

Warnings: Not sure if it needs to be a warning but there's a suspenseful-ish part 

     ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

     "Jerome are you sure this is the right way back?"
     "Yes, Vikk. I'm sure this is the right way."
     "But Jerome I don't remember us passing a savannah biome..." Rob pitches in, glancing around uncertainly.
     "We uh... Must have just not seen it. Yeah, that's what we probably did." Jerome tries, but also begins to show confusion.
     "Jerome stop for a sec, I think we took a wrong turn back in the forest." Mitch commands, tugging back on Jerome's arm.
     "But Mitch-"
     "Jerome we're going the wrong way, you accidentally mislead us, get over it!" Preston exclaims, Jerome huffing and pausing his trek.

     Gathering into a small group, we all spin around and scan our surroundings. The spruce forest is way off in the distance now, savannah stretches for a decent ways around us, there seems to be an ocean off in one direction, and a snowy plains in the East.

     "Okay yeah, we're lost for sure. We did not pass these biomes. We only went through a plains, forest, swamp, and hills biome." Rob concludes, stroking his beard.
     "Soooo do we just go back then?" Lachlan trails on unsurely.
     I shake my head, "No, we'd better set up a shelter here for tonight. The sun is going to set soon."

     Everyone else turns towards the sun, watching as it lowers enough to just barely skim the tree line.

     "Good idea Vikk. Okay so here's the plan. Rob, Vikk, you guys come with me. We're running a bit low on food and we're gonna need more, especially if our trip is being extended. Jerome, Mitch, and Lachlan, you guys work on building us a shelter for tonight. We've got abouuuuut..." Preston glances at the sun, "Like, thirty minutes."
     "Then what are we waiting for? Lezzgo!" Jerome declares, running off to go chop down a tree.

     We all chuckle and roll our eyes at Jerome's childish glee, then we part ways to go do our assigned jobs.

     Rob, Preston, and I quickly scale a small hill and give ourselves a better perspective. In the grassy lands below us there are multiple passive mobs peacefully grazing. A few pigs are lazing around by a tree, some sheep nibble at the swaying grass, multiple chickens are plucking at the ground off near a puddle of water, and six wild horses are standing off on the distance, braying every so often. Which reminds me...

    "Hey guys, do you think our horses are okay? They must have wandered off by now, but I just hope they're smart enough to go back home..."
"Who knows." Preston replies simply, notching an arrow and aiming at the grazing horses.
"Preston we should get closer before you try and shoot at them. If you miss that shot it'll spook them and they'll run away." Rob warns, but Preston waves his hand dismissively.
"It's fine, I'm the second best archer here and even if I do miss the shot - which I won't - the only thing we're gonna lose is a couple pieces of leather."
"So you admit you aren't the best? That's new." I smirk, Preston frowning accordingly.
"Oh shut up you pleb." Preston mumbles, brining the arrow back to his cheek.

Only a second before Preston fires on of the horses, who was previously facing away from us, turns and lifts its snow white head. Just as Preston releases the arrow, Rob jumps into action and forcefully shoves Preston, enough so to knock him on the ground and set the arrow of course.

"OW. ROB WHAT THE FUDGE WAS THE FOR?!" Preston demands, glaring up at Rob.
"Preston the horse you almost shot is Winter!" Rob exclaims, craning his neck to make sure the horse is not harmed.
"Winter? Rob that could just be a wild horse yknow." I remind him, but Rob shakes his head wildly.
"No Vikk, look. Those six houses are our horses. They're all the right colours and they are all saddled."

I squint my eyes and find that Rob's statement is true.

"They are our horses..." Preston gapes, slowly standing up.

By now our horses have caught sight of us and are thundering in our direction. Not one minute later and six excited horses are whinnying and bounding around us. I laugh giddily and gladly embrace Twilights nuzzle.

"How did they find us?" Preston laughs, jumping around with Obsidian and Cocoa.
"I have no clue but what matters is that they're safe." Rob comments, stroking Winters snout.
"So much for hunting... It's almost night we'd better get back. We'll have to get food in the morning." I point out, a dark clouds beginning to drift over the setting sun.

Slinging my bow back over my shoulder, I click my tongue to draw the horses my way. Rob hops up onto Winter, I mount Twilight, and Preston prepares to climb on Obsidian. And then the tiniest droplet plops onto my nose and I tense up. Preston!

"Preston out your hood up NOW. And pull your sleeves over your hands!" Rob commands before I can make a sound.
"Wh- ARGH."

A sizzle escapes as a raindrop splashes onto Preston's face and the lava around it instantly hardens into stone. Preston grips his cheek in pain, throwing up his hood as the rain starts to fall quicker.

"GET TO THE SHELTER!" I screech, Preston stumbling onto Obsidian with a petrified expression.

The horses all rear up and charge forward with monstrous speed. Rob and I psychically chringe every time a sizzle sounds through the downpour, knowing that each droplet that makes contact with Preston will scar him for life... If he even survives. Even through the steady thump of our horses hooves, and the driving rain, Preston's small whimpers are still audible. I quickly glance over my shoulder to see how he's doing, and although I can't make out his face, it looks like he's about to pass out. Preston's skin momentarily brightens, and Obsidian neighs in displeasure.

"Preston try to keep your heat down! We're almost there!" I reassure him.

Kicking at Twilights sides, the other horses follow as we reach maximum speed. With ever gallop I feel like I'm going to fall, but I shake off the uneasiness and push forward towards the wooden structure ahead. Just visible ahead seems to be Lachlan, poking his head out the door.

"LACHLAN OPEN THE DOOR." Rob screams, our horses closing in.

Lachlan, although obviously super confused and scared, stumbles away and swings the door open fully. Not two seconds later and Obsidian is pushing to the front, skidding to a stop as Preston stumbles weakly off and practically falls into the shelter. Twilight and Winter kick up dirt with the force of stopping, and Rob and I don't waste a second in exploding off of our horses and bursting inside.

Lachlan, who seems to realize what's happening, slams the door shut to block rain from sneaking in. It only takes a second for my to locate Preston, shaking violently in a corner on the ground. Mitch and Jerome are kneeling on either side of him, and Rob leaps forward to land in front of him. My heart pounds as Lachlan and I crowd in, Rob tightly gripping the whimpering Preston's shoulders. Preston's hood shadows his face, but small bright orange tears are visibly dripping down.

"Preston, dude are you okay?" Rob tries, but Preston doesn't respond. Rob's expression of worry deepens, along with everyone else's. "Preston, look at me."

Preston, still quivering, raises his head ever so slightly so Rob can see his face, but not high enough for anyone else to see. A sharp gasp escapes Rob's lips, his eyes widen, and he scoots back, covering his mouth with both hands.

"Rob what happened to him?!" Jerome exclaims, staring at the shocked Rob.

Rob opens his mouth and closes it a few times as if trying to muster some words, but falling short. Coming to my senses that Rob probably isn't going to answer, I gingerly step forward and peel back Preston's hood. Crap is my only thought as a collection of gasps all fill the air.

     Presents hood did not fare well in protecting him from the fatal drops of rain. Streaks and splotches of stone tear across Preston's entire face randomly, collectively covering almost one third of it. And around each these patches of dead cold stone, the lava like skin is dull and blackened, acting as bruises. Glowing tears erupt from Preston's coal black eyes, signifying his obliterating pain.

     "Preston..." Mitch states as an expression of sympathy.
     "I-it hurts so mu-much..." Preston chokes out, hugging himself tightly.
     "Will... You be okay?" Lachlan asks quietly.
     "I d-don't know..." Preston sobs.

     The room falls silent, nobody sure of what to say. The only sound to accompany the tense silence is the steady noise of Preston's sobs and the rain beating down above. Then eventually Rob straightens out, confidently looking over the quivering from of Preston.

     "C'mere." He states simply, opening his arms wide.

     Preston, whose eyes were previously downcast, slowly glances up at Rob. Preston seems to contemplate the invitation, his eyes drifting over Rob's open arms. In the blink of an eyes he's lunged into the embrace, sobbing even louder than before.

     "Shhhh it'll be okay. You'll be okay." Rob soothes, rubbing Preston's back.

     The remaining four of us all exchange a quick glance before silently joining the two on the ground. We scoot close together and join Rob in hugging Preston, kinda shifting so Preston sits in the middle of us and we all circle around him.

     Eventually Preston's frequent cries die down, until finally the only noise is the now almost comforting sound of rain, pitter pattering on the wood roof. Talk about a bonding experience. I think, smiling to myself. Thanks goodness Preston is okay. And with that I, along with everyone else, surrender to the grips of sleep.

~~~

Aww I feel so warm and cuddly after writing that <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
425K 8.9K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...