What if James and Lily lived?

By MrsAllAustralianxoxo

What if they knew Voldemort was coming? What if they had time to get out of the house? What would it have bee... More

Chapter 2 - Sirius
Chapter 3 - The encounter
Chapter 4- The news
Chapter 5 - What happened to Voldemort...
Chapter 6 ~The Meeting
Chapter 7 ~ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 8 ~ Christmas
Chapter 9 ~Planning
Chapter 10~ The Wedding Day
Chapter 11 ~ The Wedding
Chapter 12 ~ The Receception
Chapter 13 ~ Surprise
Chapter 14 ~ The Burrow
Chapter 15 ~ The Start Of A New Adventure
Chapter 16~ Harry's Birthday
Chapter 17 ~ The Birthday Suprise
Chapter 18 ~ Harry's heartache
Chapter 19 ~ Education
Chapter 20 ~ The Anniversary
Chapter 21 - The Tennis Club
Chapter 22 - The Tennis Match

Chapter 1 - The night he came..

12.4K 182 305
By MrsAllAustralianxoxo

For some reason Wattpad only shows a few of my cast, so here's the rest. Also here's how I imagined them, but you can image them however you want. Also, Wattpad for some reason keeps messing up with me tonight, so I will be slowly uploading the images across the next few days.

James Potter- Aaron Taylor Johnson

Lily Potter - Karen Gillan

Sirius Black-  Ben Barnes

Marlene McKinnon- Danielle Campbell

Remus Lupin- Andrew Garfield

Emmeline Vance - Kayla Scoderlario

Severus Snape ~ Louis Garrel

Alice Longbottom~ Jenna Coleman

Frank Longbottom~ Jim Sturgess

Mary McDonald~ Lily Collins

Molly Weasley ~ Holland Roden

The Potter household was a busy one to say the least. The previous night they had held their famous Halloween Party; children dressed up as pumpkins and adults stumbling around the house drunk. Laughter matched the best of the music, as the bodies throughout the ground floor did too. Sirius had toilet papered the house, with the help of Marlene and Dorcas. Softly, James danced with Harry who was a skeleton, and Lily was letting loose on the dance floor. Remus was no where to be found, although they had all had seen him body dive into the crowd minutes prior.

The hardest part of the night was convincing Remus to come over; he was sure no one wanted him there and was reluctant to go. A silence spell had been produced to wrap itself around the house for that night, allowing the neighbours to sleep. Neighbours and those that walked by could only see that the porch light along with the living room's was on. Oblivious to the party - or in Sirius words, "Rave" that was occurring in the house.

All had promised to attend Sirius party the following night to continue the celebrations; the children were being looked after by muggle friends - all except Harry and Neville, for there parents still feared for their life's.

Lily came skipping down the stairs, joy present on her face. She had just put Harry down and was going to join her husband on the couch, who hadn't had an episode in months. Sadly, the last had occurred a month prior when he punched the wall in frustration. "Ohh, I can't wait for the party, everyone's coming it will great catching up with everyone, Sirius even said he has a surprise for little Ha-"

You see Lily never got to finish that sentence, because as she turned around she saw something through the window besides the door. Straight ahead at their gate, ten or maybe fifteen feet away was a looming figure radiating a smell of death. "Ohh, James look..." Lily had not moved from her spot, at the end of the stairs. Worry laced her voice concerning her husband, who came to were she was. He saw she pointed to the something peculiar outside of the window; tears glistening in her eyes. Hesitantly, James turned around. Tiptoeing. He neared the window and upon further inspection, it appeared to present a shadowing figuring moving down the lane.

James turned and ran to his wife; one look and he knew she understood what was out there. Yet still frozen in spot. James shook her and Lily snapped back to reality, adrenaline kicking in. James started yelling frantically as he pushed Lily up the stairs, "Lily, he's here, get Harry and run, you may have a chance if I can cause a distraction!"

As James pushed forwards, Lily pushed back.

Time slowed.

Yelling Lily said, "No, James, listen to me," Lily and James stopped what them were doing, and looked into each other's eyes. The eyes spoke in ways neither could. They always knew what the other was going to say, "No, Lily there's no time," James croaked out, his forehead touching hers.

"James no, if Harry and I have a chance of living, your coming to. I refuse to live in a world without, because I would lose a part of me."

Pushing his jet black hair away from his eyes, while breathing in her wife's signature scent, an action that provided comfort and a feeling of security, he let out a sigh. "Fine, but we don't have much time, let's get Harry," he whispered as if he spoke to loudly fate would turn on them once more.

They ran up the stairs not a moment to soon as Voldemort had just arrived, blasting open the door. A hollow empty vile creature that was once a man stood in the middle of the doorway. A dry emotionless laugh escaped his mouth, his eyes never leaving the pair. James pushed Lily upstairs as he to continued to stare at the man who threatened his family.

James reached for his wands, only to realised he had left it in the living room. His eyes may have shown defeat as Voldemort once more let out the most spine-tingling laugh. "A stupid boy! Severus was not wrong with you, it appears his opinion was quite true."

A growl escaped James throat.

The scene was like a checkers board; as Voldemort edged forwards, James climbed a step. One move each. Obviously tired from playing with his victims, Voldemort advanced.

"Give me the boy," aggressively he shouted and blasted all the vases, mirrors and ornaments that was in the hallway,all with a simple flick of his wand. James reached the top of the stairs and could hear his wife comforting their child.

At this point, Harry had been lifted from his cot. He let of a cry as he had been a woken from a nap.

The sharp cries could be heard from a mile away, piercing through his parents soul- he had given the game away.

"Hiding up stairs are we, be a man James and come out and fight." Voldemort taunting James was unbearable. Lily reached open the door and knelt on the ground. Rolling over her wand to her husband. It hit his feet.

"Who says I'm hiding Voldemort?"

Voldemort turned and twisted at James; he finally saw him at the top of the stairs. "You know I almost feel sorry for you. First I realise you have no nose and know I realise your eyesight in going," taunted James. Who had to dodge from an other blast at the walls making some of the ceiling fall through. He had picked up the wand and was ready to use it.

A sinister smile on his face; he was ready for the kill. Noticing James blasted the first spell he could think off and bolted to the end of the hallway where his family was. Slamming the door shut and placing enchantment spell after enchantment spell on the door. He ran to his wife and child to support them.

"Come and fight boy, and perhaps you shall die a man."

Lily had to fight with James to keep him in the nursery, "How dare he" James whispered angrily.

Lily ran to the door. "No James, he's not worth it, we have to get out of here." She ran to the window and started whispering to Harry once more.

Voldemort ascended up the stairs, blasting ever thing he encountered, including the stairs. He finally came to the Nursery. With a vile, cold and heartless laugh, he blasted open the door where we found quite a sight.

Lily was holding and hugging Harry telling him it was going to be okay. That he would be safe. "Mama loves you. Dadda loves you," she said.

He then saw James' arms wrapped around his darling wife's body, ensuring her it would be okay.

"Such a happy family," he taunted, "time to put you all out of your misery" he said with a hungry laugh. "Move aside girl, I only want to son. And for your husband Gryffindors heart, I shall take him to."

"No not Harry. Not Harry," Lily screamed using James as her support and she felt her body go numb.

"AVADA KEDRAVA"

Just as Voldemort castes his spell, James yelled "STUPIDY".

The two spells seconds apart.

James doesn't ever breathe before he grabs ahold of Lily and screams,"NOW LILY, NOW." James, Lily and Harry disappeared from the house, just as Voldemort was flung backwards with such a sheer and powerful force. Voldemort was weak and vulnerable, fell into the darkness.

Voldemort didn't dare follow them that night, instead he disappeared...

****

"Lily, Lily are you okay? Is little Harry okay?" James questioned his wife, while she lay motionless in his arms. After a minute she stirred awake, and reassured her husband.

"I'm fine James, my backs just a little sore." She sat up properly to look at Harry. There was something strange about him; after a moment Lily began to scream, "Harry, Harry?" JAMES, HIS PULSE ISN'T MOVING, HE'S COLD!" Lily couldn't fight it anymore, she collapsed in pain after James grabbed Harry.

His son was cold, as if he been submerged in an icy bath. As if, we no longer had a reason to walk the Earth. James cradled both Lily and Harry in his arms. They both felt weak; neither had experienced pain before. Lily allowed her sobs of her dead son echo and cling in the air while her tears soaked the grass. James felt emotionally drained. James lifted his son into the air.

"ARE YOU HAPPY?" He screamed to the sky. "MY BOY, MY PRECIOUS BABY DIED, FOR WHAT?" His voice broke; he was a broken man.

Once more he cradled his wife and son, rocking them back and forth. Minutes later Lily sat up and grabbed Harry. "I swear. I felt him stir," she whispered into the night. Harry let out a sigh. Relief flooded back into both James and Lily's body. They rechecked his pulse, just to truly check that he was alive. And indeed he was. Harry was alive!

Dazzled James pondered aloud. "How... How did this happen, he was hit by the curse?" After giving his son a bone crushing hug. "I thought we lost him."

"It doesn't matter James as long as he's here".
Lily pushed Harry's jet black messy hair from his face, which he inherited from his father, to find a lightening bolt scar on his forehead.

Lily found a comforting hand on her shoulder. "What's done is done Lily, we have to get to another safe house and gather the Order. They would be alerted that someone has well, reached the house."

Lily shook her head and together James, herself and Harry disappeared from the field that she first realised she was a witch.

So what do you guys think? I really wanted to make this book different from the rest, did I do any good? Please comment as it really helps to get feedback, and don't forget to vote!!!😊😊😊

5/1/18

Okay. So it's a new year so I've decided to update my older books, and finish them before I write anymore 😂😂😂😂😂
Okay, so I looked back at this chapter, and saw that this chapter has more than 180 reads!!!!!!!!
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this book, it's so nice to receive comments on books. Thank you again.
8/07/18
Now 300 hundred reads. Wow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.7K 30
***in editing*** ***sequel in progress*** you were James potter's little sister only there's one problem, you're a Slytherin and he's a Gryffindor. w...
9.8K 195 28
In which Β°β€’ a young single mother tries to go through lifeβ€’Β° Β°β€’Β°β€’Β° JILY and Regulus survives! Voldemort dies by comes back in GOF! Peter never betray...
190K 3K 37
What if James and Lily Potter came back alive? What if Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Fred Weasley returned? What if there was a prophecy made that if...