His Fake Girlfriend

By RealityCheck101

BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky l... More

Chapter 1- Situation in Reverse
Chapter 2- The Fake Girlfriend
Chapter 3- Road Trip
Chapter 4- Serendipity
Chapter 5- There's A Reason For Everything
Chapter 6- Lesson Learning 101
Chapter 7- Actions and Emotions
Chapter 9- Pull Yourself Together
Chapter 10- Let Her Go
Chapter 11- Dog Days
Chapter 12- Keep Your Eyes Wide Open
Chapter 13- Blue Dinner
Chapter 14- Brotherly Love
Chapter 15- McClam's
Chapter 16- The Stories We Tell
Chapter 17- Bare Your Soul
Chapter 18- Illusion
Chapter 19- A Family That Bonds
Chapter 20- Out In The Open
Chapter 21- Change
Chapter 22- I Won
Chapter 23- Epilogue

Chapter 8- Extremely Awkward

119K 3.4K 610
By RealityCheck101

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 8- Extremely Awkward

*Sky’s POV*

After everyone ate lunch I helped out too by clearing the table even after they all protested that I should just sit down and enjoy myself. I knew I couldn’t just let them all work as I sat there doing nothing but watch and got waited on. I’m much more respectful than that. During my childhood, our nanny for most of our growing up phase, Martha, taught us better. Even though we were considered to be wealthy and we had much help around the house, Martha never let us leave the table without putting our dirty dishes away ourselves. Most of the time, she taught us to clean up after ourselves.

Growing up, Martha always in some way had me cleaning. If it were to tidy up my room, cleaning up after dinner, putting my clothes to wash, or as simple as making my bed, she said she was “preparing me for the future.” I didn’t get that till now. 

So I helped out. Picking up everyone’s plate and throwing them in the trash. I helped put away all the leftover food. There wasn’t much that really needed to be done but I helped anyway. While drying some dishes, Mindy caught my attention by whispering her name.

“…… a mature, responsible, young girl. I like her a lot.” Mindy whispered to Liz.

“I do too, very humble and helpful, Good job Jeremy.” Liz agreed with a giggle, “She’s a keeper.”

I grin looking away quickly as I dry the bowl and pretended to not notice. Thank you Martha; I praised. “You should be very proud.” Maura muttered with a smile as she hands me another bowl, “Your mother raised a strong, respectful and divine girl.”

 I wish my mother did, I sighed sadly. Strong, not so much, Respectful, Common sense is it not? Divine, well… thank you! I looked at her kindly putting the bowl down, wishing I could tell her honestly how my mother is no longer with me and I was most raised by nannies and maids. But I kept my mouth shut. Especially with Liz being there, I didn’t need to play the fifty question game.

Once everything was cleaned up we started to bring out desserts. That cheesecake Mindy talked about earlier looking incredibly yummy and I couldn’t wait to get a piece of it. I also eyed the cookie and brownies and thought how great it’d be to put a brownie on the bottom of my bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy, that would hit the spot right now. And to top it all off there’s ice cream Oreo cake! This family will put ten pounds on me, if not more. 

Before sitting back down next to Jeremy, Liz put her hand on my shoulder kindly asking me to get the fruit salad from the fridge that they forgot to bring out. I happily agreed to get it and walked back to the house. It’s honestly a lovely quaint home. So many beautiful flowers surrounds the yard, nice furniture and colors in the home. Everything seemed to be neat, picked up and tidy.

Jeremy’s family isn’t so bad. One of his cousins, Justin, whom looked to be somewhere around his teen years, is a little weird I’ll admit that, but a funny weird, not uncomfortable weird. Caiden called at one point during lunch and said he’d be late. No one knew why but no one seemed to worry as well. Everyone in the family seemed to be delightful in their own special way. At times I had to remind myself that yes they are a little weird. Like when Jer’s grandfather would stare at me with a smile, or when his grandmother pinches my cheeks randomly. Or how much Rick likes to drink and mix alcohol with kid’s juice box. Mindy’s snarky remarks to Rick or Liz’s uncomfortable questions.

And when it all happened I would look at Jeremy, he’d look back, and hold in a wide smile while shaking his head like he knew what I was thinking. Julia talked to me a lot. She seemed to be bored hanging around with the younger kids. I learned a lot about her. Josh would talk to Jeremy and it was cute how they bonded. Bottom line, it was turning out to be a pleasant day. Only slight awkward at times, but it was deal able. 

When I made it to the kitchen I opened the fridge and found the fruit salad exactly where Liz told me it’d be. The fridge was quite packed now with some leftover food from the grill.

"What are you doing in here?" Jeremy voice booms making me jump a good two feet in the air. I think I experience pre-heart attack feeling.

With my hand on the refrigerator door and the other on my heart I take a deep breath, "You're aunt asked me to get the fruit salad she left behind." I answer him spotting the plastic green bowl with plastic wrap on the like she talked about.

"All alone," He whispered coming up to me with a smile. I rolled my eyes closing the fridge and turning towards him.

"You're right I should have brought my bodyguard. You never know when kids are going to come up and hug you to death for a bowl of fruit. Or even worse you," I giggle sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes this time leaning against the counter, "How you holding up?" My favorite question of the day has arrived. I wonder if Jeremy believed that I'd crack with pressure. I felt I was doing slightly better than I originally thought.

I placed the bowl on the counter crossing my arms and biting my lip as an old bad habit of mine. Before I could get one word out, Jeremy pulled at my lip with his finger with force, almost making me hurt myself, "What?" I questioned outrageously.

"I told you to stop biting that lip of yours." He reminds me.

"And how come," I shout with a bit of annoyance. I have a free right to bit my lip whenever I want. My lip, my body, my teeth, my right!

In the blink of an eye Jeremy began to kiss me fiercely. His hands pulled me at my hips, pressing me against his body, fingers curling around my hips as he pressed hard against my mouth. My hands tangled in his hair and by the time I began to enjoy myself he ripped us apart but not before full on biting my bottom lip with his own teeth.

"How's that for a reason?" He panted.

I nodded my head. I get it, it's a turn on. Maybe I can use it to my advantage or maybe I should just really stop biting my lip. I nod my head again panting; my eyes didn’t meet his out of embarrassment. In hearing range I could hear footsteps coming from the porch and making their way to the house.

I quickly put space between Jeremy and me, and then grabbed the bowl of fruit. It’s just weird being with Jeremy. I know where our feelings lie. Yet I couldn’t bring myself to the same feelings where Jeremy wanted me to be. I admit it, I like Jeremy, to a point where he makes me happy and I love that. He makes me laugh and smile but there were things about Jeremy that I couldn’t accept. Like him going on all these dates with girls. Who’s to know that he’ll continue this habit of dates if we do date? I don’t want to date Jeremy if he’s fake dating all these girls. What girl would? Rumors about him that I just couldn’t get out of my head but I knew they couldn’t be true if Jeremy told me otherwise. Jeremy has a temper and I never know when I’ll strike his boiling point. I’m not saying I’m looking for perfect, because no one is perfect. And I’m not asking for Jeremy to be perfect.

But deep down too, I was scared. I was scared to put myself out there again. I’m scared to trust, scared to feel, scared to get hurt again, scared to break down, scared of the past; terrified even. It’s not just Jeremy, it’s me. I have to think of myself. I’ve got to protect myself.

I made my way to the door in a daze and saw Liz. She smiled, chuckling lightly, “I thought you got lost on your way to the fridge.”

I grinned shaking my head, “Oh no, I was just making sure we got everything.” I lie stepping on the porch. Liz almost shut the screen door on Jeremy before noticing he was some feet behind me.

“Oh Jer, I didn’t see you there.” Liz giggles, the sound of the screen door shutting behind us.

I hear the cooler in the background move behind me then the sound of Jeremy’s voice following, “Hey Sky, do you want a beer?” He asked.

“No thank you.” I responded without turning around. I entered the tent and put the bowl of fruit on the table for everyone to have. The ice cream cake was already being cut by Maura as Jill helped hand out the plates.

“Sky would you like a piece?” Maura asked with a smile.

“Yeah, sure, I’d love some.” I agree. You know what sounds better? Brownie and ice cream Oreo cake. Yep, I’m going to be fat by the end of this vacation. Jeremy sat back down next to me. His mom handed him a piece of cake, and I sat down when he placed a bottle of cold water in front of me, “Thanks.” I whisper eating my cake peacefully. Mm, Oreo ice cream cake is the bomb!

Jeremy’s arm went around my shoulder casually until he poked my right shoulder with his fingertips, getting my attention, “Did I overstep?” He asked softly with a worried look.

What did he think I was going to say; the truth? Yeah you kind of over step my comfortable boundary with your aggressive kissing and ordering me around to stop biting my lip, I know we’re fake dating and all but that still leaves you with no control? Of course I didn’t. Why did I want to start something that didn’t need to be started, especially in front of his family? Putting on a show in front of his family was one thing. It was to impress and play the part and somewhere in my heart and brain that was understandable. But when he wants to kiss me because he feels like it, just reminds me of the unresolved feelings.

So, me being me, just pressing my lips together, and because I couldn’t directly lie to his face about what I really felt, and I didn’t want to hurt him, I shrugged my shoulders, because I didn’t want to be a push over, but I didn’t want to be uncomfortable. Yes, I enjoy his kiss. I enjoy it deeply and way too much for my liking, and I knew that was going to cause me pain some point down the line because it already has before.

Brushing his thumb over my shoulder he leaned over in my ear and whispered, “Smile.” I had to remember to smile and not look down. I’m here to play a part.

So I pick my head up and grin, shoving brownie and ice cream cake down my throat and pretend that everything is fine. Pretend that I’m happily in love with this family’s brother, son, nephew, and grandson. Pretend that I’m a strong girl with no problems. Pretend that everything in my head is at ease.

<><><> 

I was still seated in my spot next to Jeremy with his arm around my shoulder like no big deal. We sat and listened to the conversations the adults were having around the table. At times Jeremy, Jillian, Justin and I would have a less adult conversation and talk about movies, music, celebrities, college, or TV. Jillian seemed to get along with me well enough. She had a tough girl attitude that didn’t match her pretty appearance. She’s kind to others but I found some edginess in her voice when she talked to me though.

Jeremy’s grandmother kept handing me more and more food and I simply couldn’t eat so much. The cake, brownies, cookies, and picking at Jeremy’s fruit salad were enough. Then she put a big piece of cheesecake in front of me. Even though it looked really good, I couldn’t eat it by myself on a full stomach.

Justin was telling Jeremy about some story about High School. I guess he’s a senior because Jeremy agreed he’d be there for graduation. When he had asked if I’d be tagging along Jeremy and I both looked at each other and grinned without a word. “We’ll see,” Was our unison answer.

“Hey Sky you want to come play with us?” Julia begged with desperate eyes. I looked behind her seeing the small group of kids all bouncing around. Poor Julia has to play keeper of them. It must be boring playing with little kids after a while.

“Yeah Sky go play with the kids,” Jillian snorted from across the table; leaning back in her chair casually.

Looking back at Julia I was politely going to decline but she mouthed a please, and begged with her eyes once more, “You don’t have to do it you know.” Jer leaned in whispering in my ear.

I grinned getting up from the metal chair, “It’s alright. I’ll play a couple of games with them. No harm in that.” I told Jeremy letting go of his hand.

“Ok then.” He sighed. I gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze before walking away with all the kids.

“Hey Jill, why don’t you come play with us,” I teased, winking before I put my Ray Bans over my eyes.

“Oh it’s ok. I’m going to finish my beer first.” She grinned lifting her beer up and taking a sip.

“Your loss,” I joked turning back around. All the kids gathered a yard away from the tent, sitting on the grass in a circle, “So what game are we playing?” I asked once I sat down on the grass. It itched the bare part of my legs that the shorts didn’t cover.

“Duck, Duck, Goose!” Mattie yelped, jumping in his spot on the grass.

“Ok.” I said shrugging my shoulders. Josh sighed, putting his elbow on his knee and chin in his hand looking bored than ever, “Who’s going to start?” I asked looking at all the kids.

“Me, me” Becca cheered, raising her hand as she got up. With a big smile she tapped on Lilly’s head, “Duck,” Then on Mattie’s, “Duck,” Then on Julia’s, “Duck,” Then on mine, “Goose!” I got up not too quickly and pretended to run fast behind her. She laughed when she sat on my spot, “You’re it now.” She told me.

“Oh alright, alright,” I giggled waving my hand at her, “You’re too fast for me.” With a big sigh I started tapping my hand lightly on Josh’s head, “Duck,” Then on Lilly’s, “Duck,” Then on Mattie’s, “Duck,” Then on Julia’s, “Duck,” Then on Becca’s, “Duck,” Then on Josh’s again, “Goose!” This time I didn’t slow down or treat Josh as if he were a baby. I sprinted around the circle, Josh right on my tail when I sat in his spot and laughed, “Your turn.”

With a small smile he began by tapping Mattie’s head, “Duck,” And then Lilly’s, “Goose!” Josh was kind enough to let Lilly get him instead of sitting in her spot.

“Hey everyone Caiden is here!” Liz shouted to the back yard. I looked up to the slider door and saw Liz smiling with a plate in her hands as she yelled back into the house for her son.

One moment, all the children were on the grass playing duck, duck goose with me, the next moment everyone got up running to see Caiden. I remember Jeremy telling me something about Caiden being their cousin, but for some reason I thought Caiden would be some little kid. He defiantly wasn’t a little kid.

When Caiden walked out the sliding door of the house he held on to a girl's hand. She was pretty, short blonde hair that almost looked like bleach blond. She was tall, almost the same height as Caiden but a few inches shorter. She wore light plaid blue shorts and a white top, a smile on her face as she hugged the people around her. This mustn't have been her first time here. 

I leaned over to Julia who sat on the grass still with me. She bit her bottom lip nervously looking at the girl and then around the back yard, "Hey Julia." I whispered to her, "Is that Caiden's girlfriend?" I asked. 

She nodded her head rapidly, "Yeah. Get ready for some awkward moments." She warned me. 

Huh?

Once Caiden's girlfriend hugged everyone around her the kids pulled her by the arms and dragged her over to where our game circle was. Julia was still chewing her lip like gum looking over to me and then back at the girl. 

"Hey Julia, Long time no see!" The girlfriend said happily while holding onto Lilly and Becca's hands. 

"Yep," Julia squealed looking away. 

I stood up, relieved to see someone my age here, "Hi I'm Sky. You must be Caiden's girlfriend." I introduce politely. 

"Sky," She repeated questionably but with some excitement in her voice, "I am. My name is Ariana. But you can call me Ari."

I was my turn to say her name questionably, "Ari," Ari as in Jeremy's ex-girlfriend Ari? No that can't be, Haha, there's other Ari's in the world Sky! But then again why does Julia look so nervous that she's here. 

We began to share the same expression on our face. I saw Caiden coming from behind her and her eyes widen when she saw something behind me. The familiar touch of Jeremy's hand on my back relaxed me slightly but I started thinking way too much. Caiden came in the little group, his smile reaching his twinkling blue eyes. 

"Hey Jer, long time no see. I didn't think you'd come home for the week." Caiden said clapping Jeremy on the shoulder.  

"Here I am though." Jeremy chuckled nervously. 

"Jer, this is my girlfriend-"

"Ari," They both said at the same time

Well shit.... It's true then.

"You guys know each other?" Caiden said questionably pointing to the two of them. 

"We dated in High School." Ari spoke, pushing her hair away from her eyes. "Ex-girlfriend," She pointed to herself. 

"Ex- boyfriend," Jeremy pointed to himself. 

Awkward.

"New girlfriend," I chuckled nervously with a small smile. 

"New boyfriend," Caiden mumbled rubbing the back of his head. 

Extremely awkward.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*FUN FACT!*

The story was originally going to be called Becoming His Fake Girlfriend and it was going to be a continuation of Sky's POV. The plot was going to be the same until we decided we should change it to Jeremy's story. The photo on the side would have been the original cover :) (People say theY like these fun facts so we try to come up with these little in sites throughout our decision making.)

P.S. Great song on the side there! Go give it a listen!

Comment! Vote! FAN!-XOLuvKelsey&Kylie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 124 20
Ace Primo is trying to find out the real defination of true love. When he wasn't looking for his princess during his trip to Cuba, he found his princ...
81.7K 3.7K 34
Everyone thought Sky and Callen would be the annoying couple who would get the fairytale "Happy ever after" ending. They met and fell helplessly in l...
2.7M 74.5K 20
*Book 1 of 2* Sky McKay is beautiful, talented, smart and in her second year in college. Her older brother, Danny, is getting married. Being forced t...
954K 18.6K 39
"I have a proposal for you, one which I know that you'll like." "Go on," she said. "I want you to be my fake girl friend, this way you'll also gain...