Project LOKI: Fanfics

By AkoSiIbarra

A collection of fan fiction stories written by readers of the Project LOKI series. More

"A Game Gone Deadly" by SarcasticGrey
"Escapade Gone Wrong" by Stefanie Joy Robante
"Subsisters' Tally" by Cherry Lyn Dente
"Property" by fairymiss28
"Trick or Trick" by duckyyyynne
"Quod Erat Demonstrandum" by dameyy
"Who: Admirer, Kidnapper, Killer" by SwizzleBlue
"The Missing Symbol" by Ashley Concepcion
Christmas Entry #1
Christmas Entry #2
Christmas Entry #3: The Christmas Star's Perpetration
Christmas Entry #4: Santa's Midnight Plea
Christmas Entry #6: A Christmas Nightmare
Christmas Entry #7
Christmas Entry #8: Multiple Murder Case
Christmas Entry #9: Twelve Days of Christmas
Christmas Entry #10
Christmas Entry #11
Christmas Entry #12: Crimson-Colored Gift
Christmas Entry #13
Christmas Entry #14: The Grandmaster
Christmas Artwork!
[Valentine's] Partners in Crime 'till Death Do Us Apart
[Valentine's] Eight Days
[Valentine's] The Cell Escape
[Valentine's] Behind Curtains
[Valentine's] Scarlet Notebook
"Scratches and Shots" by QueenRitzuuy
"Science and Faith" by SwizzleBlue
"Seven-Eleven" by Kisilence
"Murder in the Market" by QueenRitzuuy
"An Art of Escape" by imhappy20
Something Strange (Part 1) by AkoSiPrayys
Something Strange (Part 2) by AkoSiPrayys
"MENDEZ" by DeadAndBreathing
"The Promethean Alibi" by FadingAzure
"Writing on the Wall" by gelacode
"Playing the Victim" by leighannecg
"Fate to be Reckoned With" by Amihan Alcantara
"Bullets And Butterflies" by Chaimeeeee
Moriarty's Party by psychopathicdreamer
"Twist of Fate" (Part I) by CrystalVernice
"Twist of Fate" (Part II) by CrystalVernice
"Potion" (Part 1) by WhiteRabbitRhea
"Potion" (Part 2) by WhiteRabbitRhea
"Potion" (Part 3) by WhiteRabbitRhea

Christmas Entry #5

52.2K 1.5K 690
By AkoSiIbarra

Monday, December 19, 2016. The weather is so bad that leads to PAG-ASA cancelled all the classes from kindergarten to high school in the province. How lucky students like me who got up late then, huh? Oh, I forgot, it's our Christmas vacation already. So, I got nothing to worry about if I will stay like this whole day. But, sadly I got no one here who would prepare a food. The pets inside me are furious already. Gosh, what's happening to me? I am too lazy to get off of this bed, tsk. I am staring blankly in the ceiling. I really got a head lacking of ideas in Christmas presents. Sana man lang, may isang tao akong mahihingan ko ng tulong sa problema kong ito. Yes, you're right. I didn't go home to spend Christmas with him.

Then as if on cue, isang katok ang nagpabalikwas ng bangon sa akin. At first I was hesitant opening the door, but seem he/she is willing to break the door to get inside. Sa katok pa lang alam mo nang kaya nyang sirain ito. I haven't got the chance to peep out and see whose knocking, rather the visitor directly ran to my bed after I opened it. Good thing, this person didn't wear any footwear upon jumping on my bed. And most importantly, this guest is dry. Kasi kung basa sya, mapapalayas ko sya ng di oras.

"What are you doing here, Jamie?" Yes, you heard it right. It's Jamie, my club mate.

"Hmm, I want to cuddle. I was at school already when I learned about PAG-ASA's announcement. I took Freya with me and she's with Loki now." She said and covers her body with my blanket.

Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kama ko to grab out her my blanket. Pero napansin nya ata yun kaya't mas lalo nya itong inipit sa katawan.

"Hey, don't take your blanket out of me. It's so cold, just so you know." She said and pouted.

Tss. Sabi na eh. Haays. Eversince that incident at school happened, Jamie's treatment to me changed too. If you remember her reaction that time I went back from being a hostage of that supposedly "ran-away" suspect last-last week, she hugged me tightly that I even grasp for air to breath. Simula noon, she's clingier to me than to Loki now. Kung dati na gagala sya dito sa apartment ay kay Loki sya makikigulo, ngayon sa akin na naman sya. Tho minsan nakakainis na sya pero I'm glad at the same time kasi I don't want to hold any grudge in this yuletide season.

"Bakit ka nga ba dito dumiretso, you can go home if you really want to cuddle." I said as I walk to my closet. I need to wash up before joining her at bed, baka masabi nyang ang baho ko since kakabangon ko pa lang din. Kakahiya naman sa bango nya.

"Ako lang magisa sa bahay kung uuwi ako." Sabi nya habang bumangon pero nakakumot pa rin. "And they already know that I will be sleeping here tonight until Sunday since its Christmas break already."

Laglag ang panga ko sa sinabi nya. What? Seriously?

"Huh? Dito ka matutulog 'til Saturday night?" I asked her again as if di ko sya narinig.

"Uhhh... Yes. Is there any problem with that, Lo?" She asked me showing her innocent face. And oh, before I forgot, she's calling me "Lo" now.

"If you're worrying about food stocks I may be consuming, nah, we can buy. Mom gave me her card if ever we need something like groceries."

Oh, okay? Pero, Seryoso?

"Who told you that you can stay here until Sunday?"

Maang syang napatingin sa akin. Naka taas ang kilay ko habang naghihintay sa sagot nya.

"Lo? Am I not welcome here?" She said in a sad tone. If I we're not aware of her sudden change in almost a week now, with matching friendly and clingy stunts with me, I could tell she's taking the scene so serious. But, yeah, I can't judge that easy. I also witness her bitchy side before she became this – like this!

"Uhmm, of course ---"

"I see. Sorry if I barged in without asking your permission." She said and hurriedly composes herself. "I thought we're okay." She then stormed out of the room.

I followed her up to the sala where I found Loki was on his favorite spot, sitting like a king while reading again. Well, it's his hobby after all.

"Jamie, wait. I'm sorry okay?"

"No, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I must have asked you too, but I didn't." She said not facing me but I can hear her little voice is on the verge of crying.

"No Jamie, it's okay – okay?" Sabi ko at lumapit sa kanya. Bitbit ang backpack nya, isinukbit na nya ito sa bakikat nya at handa nang umalis. Umiling-iling lang sya at nagsimulang maglakad patungong pinto. Bago pa nya nabuksan ang pinto, nagsalita na ako.

"Jamie, I am not mad at you staying here 'til Sunday or even staying here up until next year. I don't own this apartment alone. And of course you are welcome here. You're a friend." I said.

Upon hearing, Jamie raises her head, looking at me, eye to eye. I can see the glint of happiness on her dark brown window of her soul. Her cute thin pink lips formed a smile while her pale cheeks a while ago, flushed.

"Lo, I am your friend?"

Napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi nya. What?

"Huh? Of course you are, why not?" I confusedly asked. Just as split of seconds, Jamie is now hugging me tightly like that hug she gave me last time. I was stunned of what she did. After hugging me, she jumped and keep on turning around like a child winning or after receiving a gift while whining. Uh? Seriously Jamie?

"Tss. Cliché." 2 word comment from the person who's sitting on the chair a couple of meter away from where I stand which made Jamie stop.

"KJ. Hmp!" Jamie sticks her tongue out to Loki when he made a glance to our side. Ohh God, Jamie's bratty side. Good thing she didn't show that kind of attitude to me again.

"Friends na tayo ah? Dito na ako matutulog sa kwarto mo ah?" Jamie happily drags me back to my room. She carefully put her "not so huge" back pack at the space near my closet that may have her clothes inside. She's really serious of staying here.

"Is it alright if I'll cuddle back to your bed now, Lo?"

I rolled my eyes at her and walk myself out of the room again. Maglilinis na muna ako ng katawan.

Nang makalabas na ako sa bathroom, naabutan kong may pinagbubuksan si Loki ng pinto. Out of my curiosity, I glance at whom Loki is opening the door of.

"Hi Lore, do you mind if I stay here 'til Sunday? Don't worry I brought myself an enough budget for my food and personal belongings. I can even treat you in three days in exchange of my stay."

Al smiled widely while explaining his intention. He even shows me his credit cards. Yes, 3 credit cards. Ugh, why all of the sudden this people are staying in this apartment huh?

"Uhh, Lorelei..." Loki butted in with a fake cough. "Can you please take a minute to wear decent clothes before facing our visitor?"

I know my face reddened from what Loki has told me to do. Ohh, shame on me! I mentally cursed myself when I realize what I have done. Why did I even forget that I am in my robe?

I immediately ran inside my room and with force I locked the door. But unfortunately, I still hear the mocking words from Loki saying about flat then followed by a loud laugh from Alistair. Ughh, boys.

"Boys will always be boys." Jamie commented after I told her exactly what happen. I was hysterical while wearing clothes. She's teasing me though but one glare stops her. But I can still hear her giggles.

"Ahh, gutom na ako." Reklamo ko pagkatapos ng ilang minuto. Habang bino-blower ito ni Jamie. "Do you have something to eat inside your bag?"

"Wala na, ubos na. Kinain ko na habang naliligo ka."

Hopeless.

"Why don't we go out? Let's go the nearest department store instead since I figure it out you can't stay outside with the presence of those two? What do you think?" Jamie suggested. Bull's eye!

"Good idea Jamie. But it still rains outside. How on earth we'll do that? Bago pa tayo makaabot basa na tayo."

"Nah, let me remind you, I can drive a car. And I'm sure Alistair brought his car with him."

"Psh. Ikaw magsabing hihiramin natin. Ayoko makipagusap sa kanila."

"Haha of course, leave it to me." Jamie said and winked.

"Oh wait, please don't forget to borrow their cards. Sabihin mong mago-grocery tayo."

"Oh, okay." Napahalakhak si Jamie sa tinuran ko. Gets nya ata ang ibig kong sabihin. Humanda kayo sa akin Loki and Alistair.

WALANG PASOK ngunit may trapik pa rin sa may bandang kahabaan ng Diyohenes Road. We are stuck here in 15mins already. Usad pagong ang daloy ng trapiko.

"Gutom na gutom na talaga ako. Wala ba tayong ibang option sa lagay na ito Jamie?"

"Meron naman. Ano? Dito nalang tayo? Since malapit na lang naman ang department store."

"Oh yes please. Gutom na talaga ako. At geez, ang lamig pa."

"Okay, right away Ma'am! Let's settle your stomach first before anything else." Jamie enthusiastically said.

Limang minuto pa ang hinintay namin bago kami nakausad ng medyo malapit sa parking lot ng Café. Hindin na naman malakas ang ulan. Kaso ang lamig ng simoy ng hangin. Ang sabi sa balita kanina na narinig ko bago kami lumabas ni Jamie, nasa signal #3 na ang bayan. Kaya pala cancelled lahat ng klase.

"Hello Ma'am, Good Morning! Welcome to Diogenes Café, what's your order?" anang café crew na lumapit sa amin. Nakita siguro nitong basang-basa kami at nangangailangan kami ng mainit na kape agad.

"Two Macchiato, a blueberry cake and a cheese cake please?" Jamie ordered.

"Okay Ma'am. I'll repeat your order Ma'am; two macchiato, a blueberry cake and a cheese cake." Nakangiting sabi nung crew. "That's all Ma'am? How about trying our special Pancit Canton Ma'am? It's good for two already."

"Yes please. And please do make it hustle. My friend here is quiet hungry." Jamie pouted as she told the crew.

"As you wish Ma'am." Nakangiti pa rin nitong turan.

"Yey, thanks Kuya." She playfully responds to the crew. At totoo nga, in less than 10 minutes, our orders were served. The food smells like heaven and seeing them in front of me made me forget what just happened a while ago. Ugh, I am starving really serious. Bago pa nakapagsalita si Jamie na kakain na kami, sumunggab na ako agad.

"Hinay-hinay lang Lo, we're not in a hurry naman."

"Yes we are, dahil gutom ako!" sagot ko sa kanya kahit may laman ang bibig ko. Tinawanan nya lang ako hanggang matapos kami. Agad rin naming nilisan ang Café dahil tumila na ang ulan at kailangan na naming pupunta sa Department Store. Grocery ang una naming pinuntahan dahil baka matagalan kami sa paghahanap ng regalo.

At ngayon ko lang napagtantong lalo na mas prepared nga si Jamie na magstay sa apartment. Akalain mo ba namang nagpalista sya ng mga kakailanganin namin hanggang sa weekend? She bought ingredients for this and that. Andami nyang pinamili at naka dalawang cart kami. Kulang-kulang 10k ata gastos nya. Napapailing na lang ako sa naisip ko. Oh Alistair and Loki, isang napakalaking GOOD LUCK sa CC nyo. May regalo pang susunod na gastos.

"Let's go." Aya sa akin ni Jamie pagkatapos naming maihatid sa sasakyan ang mga pinamili namin. "Ano bang gusto mong iregalo sa dalawang unggoy na naiwan?"

Ikinibit ko nalang ang balikat ko bilang sagot. Di rin naman sya nagsalita pagkatapos. Dinala nalang kami ng mga paa namin sa Men's section ng DS.

"Damit? Eh marami na sila nun eh." Sabi ko nang na realize kong damit ang bibilhin namin.

"Yes, marami na ngang damit. But wala pa tayong uniform sa Club na makilala tayo as the Club members. Magapapa print naman tayo nun." She said pouting her lips.

Sabagay, she had a point. Wala ng kaming kahit T-shirt man lang na marerecognize na nasa iisang club kami. But, di naman ata yun kailangan. Our school knew who we are since we've been the talk of the town because of that issues way back last month.

"Do you think we need that?"

"Of course! Every club must have its uniform. It could be a walking advertisement for the club."

"But we don't need to advertise our club, we are already known by everybody. Let me remind you how our schoolmates woe us last month ---"

"Yes, I remember it so well Lo. But this is just for emergency cases. We don't know next year pagbalik natin sa school hahanapan na tayo ng uniform para marecognize ang club natin?"

"Okay, I won't argue with you anymore." I said dismissing our discussion baka mag away pa kami. "We'll part our ways nalang then let's meet at 3PM sharp in grocery specifically Dry Goods Section, alright?"

"Oops, where are you going? Why do we need to part ways, huh?" She said while raising her brows.

"I'll just need to find gifts for everyone same as you, since di na magiging surprise yun kung magkasama tayo."

"Okay then, deal! 3PM sharp, grocery dry goods section. Bye Lo." She kissed me and walks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3PM sharp, nagkita nga kami ni Jamie sa lugar na pinagusapan namin. Andami nyang bitbit na pinamili at may 4 na staff pang nakasunod sa kanya na may tig-isang bit-bit na malaking box. I wonder what's inside. Kumunot ang noo ko sa kanya.

"Wow, are you planning to buy the whole building?" I asked while heading to basement.

"Hindi naman, marami lang akong nakitang magagandang panregalo sa inyo." She said while giving a glance to the staffs following us. "And these bags are those club shirts I told you."

"Okay? Pero bakit ang laki?" Tanong ko nung umikot si Jamie sa Driver's seat.

"Eh kasi nga--- Lorelei ...."

"Excuse me Ma'am, saan po namin tio ilagay?" tanong nung isang staff.

"Wait muna Kuya ah?" I answered when I notice Jamie has no intention of responding the question. "Jamie, open the car."

"O-okay." She stuttered then get inside the car. After everything is settled, pinaharurot na nya ang sasakyan not minding the speed. Mabuti nalang din yun sa side ko kasi gusto ko nang humilata dahil sa pagod ko kaiikot. Pero napansin kong di maganda ang timpla ng mukha ni Jamie.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Somebody put that on purpose on Al's mirror." She said then handed me a piece of paper. "Natatakot ako Lo kung ano yan. I know you're not familiar to codes as well as me."

Yeah, she's right. I am not good at codes, morse code na nga lang ang pinagsisikapan ko kaso nahihirapan pa rin ako. Ano na naman kaya ang plaintext nito? Only Loki can decrypt that thing. So we need to hurry.

"I'm afraid it's Moriarty again." I hear Jamie breathlessly said when I enter the room. Iniwan nya ako sa sasakyan kanina ng nakapark na sya. She ran upstairs as fast as she could bit-bit ang ilang bags na binili nya. Agad namang sumeryoso ang mukha nung dalawang kanina sana'y nakangiti habang nanood ng movie ni Sherlock Holmes.

"Where did you get this?" Al asked Jamie. Jamie automatically tells them the story about her seeing the paper. The three of them look so tensed about the note we receive.

"Loki? Do you know someone named Ken? I never met person with such name either." Al instantly asked Loki. Ngunit umiling lang ito.

"It's just a simple greeting then you're panicking?" Loki said while putting down the paper on the table. He also pointed the color green jacket of Alistair then his red shirt. He then diverted his gaze back to the television.

"Ahh, Merry Christmas." Jamie blurted out. "Ughh Alistair, your admirer creep me out."

"I got an admirer?"

"Unfortunately, yes. That one who puts that note in your car could be. And she uses Ken as her codename." I said while smirking at his way. Alistair let out a chuckle when he looks at me raising my brows.

"What?" I asked him while throwing him a dagger look. I just remembered what he just did to me this morning with Loki. They humiliated my ego.

"Look Lori, I'm sorry---- "

"Your sorry won't change anything." I said and went inside my room. I heard him calling my name but I didn't bother to listen. Until Jamie ask their help for something that I don't know.

Di ko alam kung gaano na katagal akong natulog pagkatapos kong itinago ang gifts ko sa closet tapos humilata na. Binangon nalang ako ni Jamie dahil kakain na daw.

"Hey sleepyhead, dinner is ready. Let's eat." She said after tapping my cheeks that wakes me.

I am still groggy when I went out the room. Ngunit nagising ang diwa't kaluluwa ko seeing a certain person I never expected to come.

"Dad.." Yes, my Dad. Not my biological Dad but Mr. Walter Rios. He flashed his genuine smile and stand up from where he seated.

"Lori, advance Merry Christmas." He greeted me with a big smile on his face.

"Advance Merry Christmas, too, Dad." I responded and kissed him. "What brings you here?"

"I just want to visit you and invite you at the same time." He drags a chair for me. And by the way, the three people who should be here eating with us was not around. After Jamie wake me, she get out the room immediately and I don't have any idea where they are.

"Invite me?"

"Yes, but before we'll discuss everything, let's eat first. I know you're starving."

Nagkibit balikat nalang ako dahil totoo naman. Nang narinig ko kanina kay Jamie ang salitang 'FOOD', natakam ako. Tahimik lang kaming kumain ng hapunan ni Daddy. He keeps on staring at me like I am something was wrong. I awkwardly wipe the sides of my mouth that maybe I got dried saliva in there. Pagkatapos, sa mata na rin baka may morning star pa ako. Buti nalang at tapos na akong kumain at sya din.

I heard him chuckle a little. When I look at him, he's grinning. I darted a glare at him.

"What? I just remembered something back when you're a little kid. You made those little manners too in front of a kid who's staring at you."

"So, your point is?" I didn't get it. Ano naman ngayon kung---

"When you caught him staring at you, you're face reddened and that kid too. I just wonder if the same things happen when you two met again." He cut my thoughts. "Now that you two are teenagers and infatuation is----"

"Dad, you said we'll going to discuss about your invitation?" I butted in dismissing the topic. Ayoko pagusapan ang infatuation na iyan. Sayang sa oras lang ang ganyan.

"Okay-okay, relax Miss Rios." He said but still grinning. But just a snap, his happy mood switches into a gloomy one.

"What's wrong Dad?"

"I have something to tell you Lorelei. Hope you'll not get disappointed."

I didn't mutter anything. I waited for him to spill. He looks at me straight to my eye with a serious face.

"I'm a gay." He said and bowed down his head. What? My mouth gaped open when I realized what just he told me so.

"Wh-what? You're a ---"

"Joke!" he laughs hard.

What the ----? A certain Walter Rios is joking around? Again, for the nth time, I throw him a dagger look. And another reaction from him surprises me. Nag peace sign pa sya sa akin. Jusko, ano ba ang nangyayari? Katapusan na ba ng mundo?

"Hey, I'm just kidding."

"Can you please tell me what that invitation you told me a while ago was?"

"Alright.Lorelei..." He paused for almost 20 seconds. "I will be spending my Christmas out of the country. Do you mind it spending with me? Please?"

Guni-guni ko lang ba yun o totoo na? He said 'PLEASE' and begged me to spend Christmas with him?

I waited for him to say again that word. That he is just kidding at me. Pero isang minuto na ata ang lumipas pero hindi nya ito dinugtungan. I heard him sigh.

"Okay, sorry if ----"

"What makes you think I'll go with you?"

"Non. Nagbabakasakali lang ako." He said and sigh again. Pero hindi nakatakas sa akin ang biglang pagpalit ng reaction nya na para bang may masakit. "So, magpapaalam na ako."

He stands up from where he seated and prepares himself to walk out from the dining area. But before he finally turns his way from me, I asked him.

"Where do you wanna spend your vacation?" Surprise was evident in his eyes but he manages to hide it from me. Too late, I already saw it.

"I wanna visit Ireland." Tuumaas kilay ko sa sinabi nya. Ireland? Don't tell me he's –

"Tutuparin ko ang nasa wish list ng Mama mo." A tear fell down to my cheeks upon hearing the word 'Mama' from him. "That's why I came here. I want us to fulfill her wishes."

"Kailan ang alis mo?"

"On Friday. You still have 3 days to decide. Just call me." I nodded and that makes him walks out from the door. Leaving the dining area with mess, I entered my room and lock myself. I don't know why I am crying, no, I'm not crying, my tears just won't stop from falling. Why now? Bakit ngayon nya pa naisipang tuparin ang lahat na bagay na nasa wish list ni Mama? I don't get him.

Kinabukasan, isang malakas na ulan ang gumising sa akin. Sinabayan pa ito ng kulog at kidlat. Napakislot ako sa aking hinigaan. Nakatulog pala ako sa kaiisip ng mga sagot sa tanong ko kagabi. Agad kong kinapa ang gilid ko upang e'check ang katabi ko.

"Hinahanap mo ako?" Jamie came in from the outside. Bitbit nya nag isang tray ng pagkain. "Good Morning Lo. Breakfast in bed?"

"Thanks. Madaya kayo. Asan ba kayo kagabi ba't di kayo sumabay sa amin naghapunan?"

"Nasa kwarto kami ni Loki, nanood ng Detective Conan. Ano bang nangyari kagabi?" Umiling lang ako tanda na ayokong pag usapan ang nangyari kagabi.

"What's the plan today then?" I asked instead.

"Uhm, supposedly we'll watch another DC episode. But unfortunately, Loki won't allow us open his LT because of the lightning."

"So what now? What are we gonna do?" I ask before drinking my water.

"Non. Magluluto tayo after lunch pa para sa party natin mamayang gabi."

"What a boring day again."

"Definitely."

Yun nga, nakatulugan ni Jamie ang kakaiisip kung ano ang magandang gawin. And it seems like she successfully made a good idea what to do. Sinamantala ko na ding magwrap ng gift habang tulog si Jamie pati ang dalawa sa kabilang kwarto. I wonder kung ano ang ginagawa nila but I am happy that Loki and Alistair gets along together. I am happy that we all get along together too. Look at us now, dati si Loki lang ang pinapansin ni Jamie. Lagi syang nakakapit kay Loki. Si Al naman ako lagi ang binubuntutan. But a week ago they started interacting with each other. May araw nga last week na hindi sila pumasok dahil nanood lang silang DC episodes dito sa apartment magdamagan. And lastly si Loki. Dati he's distant and silent pero ngayon nakikipagbiruan na. Patunay nyan ang ginawa nyang pagpuna sa flat ko kahapon. Aarghh! Naalala ko na naman ang kinaiinisan ko kahapon!

"Remembered something?" A voice stops me from what I'm doing. Nasa kusina nga pala ako nagluluto ng lunch naming apat. Napaasimangot ako nang makita ko ang mukha ng taong nagsalita.

"Oh? Disappointed ka ba na di sya ang nakita mo Lorelei?"

"What are you talking about Louis Kingsley?"

"Whoah, complete first name basis ba tayo?"

"Whatever!"

"Anyway, is my gift ready? You know that I don't accept nonsense things."

"I know. No need to remind me."

"Okay, very good."

"Umalis ka nga dito, ang boring mong kausap!"

"I know. No need to remind me." He said mimicking me and stormed out the kitchen.

Boring na nga ang araw na ito, pati ba naman kausap ko?

"Hi, Lorelei! Ano yang niluluto mo?"

"Food." I sarcastically answer the one who's asking.

"Ang sama nito. Nagtatanong lang naman ako."

"Bakit ano pa ba pwedeng lutuin dito sa kusina bukod sa pagkain?"

"Sorry na. Nagtatampo pa rin si Bestfriend eh. Di nga ako nagalit kahit malaki ang gastos nyo kahapon eh." Maktol ni Alistair habang hinihila nito ang laylayan ng damit ko. Naku! Bakit pa nya pinaalala ang nangyari kahapon sa CC nya? Ang sabi ni Jamie kanina, speechless daw ito ng e'check ni Al ang account nito sa phone.

"Ooy, di lang ako ang may gawa nun ah? Pati si Jamie. At kasalanan mo rin naman, kung di mo ba naman ako tinawanan kahapon edi di sana napagbuntungan ko ng inis ang CC mo."

"Sorry na nga diba? Sorry na." Pagsumamo nya habang hila-hila pa rin ang laylayan ng aking damit.

"Oo na, sorry na rin. Kaya wag na wag mo nang gagawin ulit yun sa akin next time. Dahil hindi lang yan ang popoblemahin mo pag nagkataon."

"Aye aye captain!" Tumatawang sabi nya habang nakasaludo pa. "Naalala mo ba dati nung naglaro tayo sa pool nyo? Tapos si ano ----" Kwento nya. Nakikinig lang ako sa kanya habang tawang tawa sya.

"Ehemm." A fake cough interrupted Alistair reminiscing the past. "Ang saya ng usapan nyo ah?"

"Come Jamie, hear how awkward Lorelei wear her swimsuit in our PE Class before."

"Ali?" I said in a warning tone.

"Okay okay."

"Takot ka pala kay Lo, Al?"

"Eh sabi nya kanina malalagot ulit CC ko sa kanya eh." Isang malutong na tawa ni Jamie sa sinabi ni Al. Eh? I can't find the humor of what Ali's words. Minsan nga di ko alam kung ano ang tinatawanan nila eh. Natahimik lang silang dalawa ng sinamaan ko sila ng tingin.

ALAS SAIS na ng tinawag na namin si Tita Martha upang sumalo sa aming handaan. At di nagtagal ay nagbigayan na kami ng regalo. Shock na shock ang dalawang lalaki at si Tita Martha sa nakitang mga malalaking karton na inilabas ni Jamie sa aming kwarto. Sya kasi ang unang magbibigay ng regalo.

"For you Alistair." Turo nya sa isang box na may kulay green na wrapper. "Loki sa'yo ang sky blue and Lo sa iyo ang pink."

"For you Tita Martha." She drags the red box near Tita na nakaupo sa isang silya sa sala.

"Kasama pala ako? Di ako nakapag prepare ng regalo sa inyo."

"It's okay Tita. Regalo mo na sa amin ang presensya mo." Jamie smiled. Ohh, creepy. "Open it guys."

Agad naman naming binuksan ang box na ang laman pala'y isang malaking teddybear na singlaki ng tao. The only difference is the color. Alistair looks happy having the toy.

"Wow Jamie, thank you. I wanted to have like this but I am shy to buy it myself." He said hugging the soft thing.

I just stared blankly to the toy I have in hand. It reminds me about that huggable bear Loki took from me. Tsk. So I got a replacement huh. Hmm.

Sumunod si Al sa pag bigay ng regalo sa amin. Jamie and I receive a designer bag while Loki receives a set of book. Ang regalo naman nya kay Tita Martha ay isang sweater na branded din. Ang saya ni Jamie at Loki pati si Tita Martha sa natanggap nila. I am not expecting Ali would gift me a designer bag which in fact I am not fond of bags.

"Lore, open your bag." Alistair commanded. With confuse look, I followed his orders. Then there I found a book. That book I wanna buy but unfortunately I can't find any copy. Minsan nga dati ay nilibot na namin ang NBS sa Manila para mahanap ang libro na ito. Kahit sa online shops ay di rin available. You need to visit the place where this book was reproduced. I have seen the movie of this but I want the book itself.

"Thank you!" That's all I can say. Ang saya ko na din. Akala ko bag lang talaga ang ibinigay nya tho its okay but it's better when I learned about the book. Jamie too got a bunch of ribbons for her hair inside the bag. Even Tita Martha loved the sweater Ali gave her. Perfect for Christmas season daw ito.

After Al, ako ang nakatokang magbigay ng regalo. I stand up and distributed the gift I had for them. But I can see the puzzled look in their faces when I handed Loki a post it note. It says:  

"Where is it?" He asked after a minute of staring at the note. Itinuro ko naman ang bagay gilid sa kanyang paboritong upuan. Agad nya itong dinaluhan hinayhinay nyang kinuha ang nakatakip sa box nito. Nagningning ang mga mata ni Loki nang makitaa ang laman. The thing has a white colored puppy with deep blue eyes.

"Thank You." Loki hugged me and whispered. He then took the puppy out of its cage. Yes I gave him a puppy.

"Wow, a puppy. What is the name Loki?" Jamie asked but Loki just handed her the note. Ngumuso si Jamie dahil di nya mababasa ang nasulat doon.

"Lo, you made this?" I nodded. Oo, pinaghirapan kong e'encrypt at si Google ang nakasama ko dyan. I want to make this Christmas memorable for Loki since he's not coming home for three years to celebrate Christmas with his family.

"Sa amin Lore ano regalo mo?" tanong ni Alistair na nakihimas din sa magandang balahibo ng tuta.

Pumasok muna ako sa silid at kinuha ang mga regalo ko sa kanila. I gave Jamie earphones dahil lately mahilig syang makinig ng music. Lagi nyang hinihiram ang akin. But it's not a simple earphones, because aside that it's wireless also known as Bluetooth earphones, it has a capability to camouflage once you press the button for it.

"Astig! Thank you Lo!" she giggled and hugs me. Alistair receives two neck pillows from me. It's a personalize pillow since it has his name on it. Tita Martha also received a brand new phone from me. Nakita ko kasing sira na ang phone nya. She thanked me and I saw the happiness na ngayon ko lang nakita simula ng tumira ako dito kasama sila.

Hindi rin naman nagpahuli si Loki sa pagbigay ng regalo sa amin. He gave Alistair a pen, Jamie a clip and mine was a bracelet. But the twist was that, it has its special feature. Alistairs' pen can record, Jamies' hairclip can video and my bracelet can electrify. He also gave Tita Martha a watch with the same color of Ali's sweater. Not to mention, Loki and Ali did really prepared for this.

Pagkatapos ng exchanging gift namin kuno, nauna nang nanaog si Tita Martha at naiwan kami sa sala na nagkakantahan. Okay lang namang mag ingay kami since kami lang sa floor namin na tenants ang naiwan dahil halos ay umuwi na. In the middle of our sing along, Alistair ask me.

"What are your plans? Would you accompany Tito Walter to Ireland?"

As if on cue, nawala ang kuryente na nagpatahimik sa paligid pagkasabi ni Al sa panghuling tanong nya. Ang natatanging ilaw na naiwan ay ang phone ko na nagri-ring with Nancy's name on screen. Ano kaya ang pakay nya? While Jamie and Loki throw me a questioning look. They're like asking me "You're flying to Ireland with your Dad? When?" look.

I gave them a nod before I answered Nancy's call.

"Hello Nancy?"

After the call, I seated back. The information seems like it smashed my head ten times harder that I find it difficult to believe.

"Why now?" I asked myself.

###

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.2M 2.4M 73
Erityian Tribes Series, Book #1 || Not your ordinary detective story.
6.7M 343K 53
The adventures of the QED Club continue as the Moriarty mystery thickens. Looking for VOLUME 1? Read it here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/55259614...
25.8M 640K 64
[FIL/ENG] The Mhorfell Academy of Gangsters was innovated mainly for the accommodation of the so-called black sheep of the society and their families...
55.9M 986K 32
Join Lorelei and Loki as they unravel the threads of mystery, unveil the masks of evil intentions and put together the pieces of the puzzle in their...