Sugar

By ktk446

"Hey, sugar." C O V E R B Y // @daisiesxflowers More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Get To Know Me! (If ya want)
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Not An Update - But Something You Might Enjoy?
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
New Story Alert
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Epilogue

Twelve

158K 4.6K 1.1K
By ktk446

Hello! How was your holiday? What was the best present you guys got? 

Chapter Twelve

D O M I N I C 

I heard loud cursing followed by a series of crashes downstairs, and it immediately woke me. My hands searched the sheets for Caroline desperately, and I would have had a heart attack if she didn't shout at herself.

I hustled down the stairs, trying to hold in a laugh when I spotted her sprawled onto her back, with what looked like water spilled all over her chest, a bowl of popcorn spilled onto the wet floor and in her hair. "What am I going to do with you, sugar?" I asked her.

She didn't move, just glared at me. After a couple more seconds of her laying there helplessly, I got down and helped her up, picking pieces of food out of her hair. "It's almost midnight. Why are you making popcorn?"

"Because I wanted it," she said simply, brushing herself off. "But that stupid popcorn bowl was up too high and I knocked over my water, which made me slip on the chair and fall and drop the bowl."

I chuckled, ruffling her wet hair. "You might want to go shower. I'll clean this up. Did you hit your head at all?"

"I'm fine. I'll clean it up, you go back to bed."

She tried to push me away, but I kept my feet planted in place. I caught her jaw in my hand, pulling her face up to mine. Cara tried to evade my kiss, but I was too strong for her. She made a soft noise as I tried to kiss her deeply, but she still was attempting to peel away from me. I growled in annoyance and trailed soft kisses down her throat. I tongued the mark I gave her and felt her whole body stiffen.

"Dominic-"

I moaned, tightening my hold on her. "Say it again," I demanded.

She shook her head, so I continued to kiss her throat, this time using gripping her thighs to make sure our bodies were fully pressed together. It was like I couldn't get closer to her. All I wanted was more, more, more.

"Dominic, stop."

Caroline leaned as far away from me as she could, and I groaned in annoyance, pulling away from her. "What's wrong? You didn't like that?"

"I thought you wanted me to take a shower."

"But now I want to makeout with you." She groaned at me. "Let's compromise. You shower while I make out with you." I pulled her to my chest again, searching out to nuzzle into my mark. "You scared me. When you weren't beside me and I heard all that noise...:"

"I can handle myself," she mumbled. "I have self-defense skills and I don't need you."

She shrieked as I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. "I'll clean it up in the morning. I've got an image of you showering with me and now I can't get it out of my head."

Caroline's fists pounded on my back as I carried her up the stairs to our shared bathroom. "No way am I showering with you! Put me down!"

I locked the door behind us before setting her down, not wasting any time before shredding my shirt. Caroline spun to yell at me, but froze when she saw me stripping. She always acted so smart and feisty, yet here she was, her cheeks glowing red with her eyes trailing on my chest.

"Come here, babygirl. You can touch me, if you want," I said softly, shedding my pants and boxers all in one go.

Cara squealed, but before she could retreat, I held the edges of her shirt and pulled it over her head. "Shh, shh. Hold still, Caroline. Let me undress you."

I wrangled her against my chest, laughing as she tried to keep her body away from my lower half, but she was giggling softly too. Like she thought this was a game. But she was in somewhat of a good mood, so I wasn't about to mess with it.

"Take your pants off," I told her, reaching around to fiddle with the button on her jeans - which she fell asleep in. "I wanna get my hands on that pert little ass."

Caroline fell over, giggling loudly now. I almost fell on top of her, but caught myself. "Are you in a silly mood, sugar?"

She laughed softly, shrugging. "I found your stash," she whispered sheepishly.

"My stash?" I repeated slowly.

"That wasn't water spilled everywhere, Dominic," Caroline hummed, gazing up at me through her lashes.

I frowned. "Vodka. How much of it were you drinking?" Now that she mentioned it, I could smell the alcohol on her clothing. "Caroline. Why would you even... Why..."

She snickered. "I've never had any before."

"I can tell. Am I going to have to lock it away from you?" I tested.

Caroline grinned mischievously, the smile sending blood rushing to a very particular place, one that shouldn't be bothered with right now. "I thought maybe you'd like drunk me more. Cuz right now, I don't care about how much you annoy me. I'd sleep with you right now."

"Because you're wasted."

"Yyyyyyup!"

I climbed off of her and pulled her to her feet. "Go shower off. It'll make you feel better."

"But I feel great! You don't want to have sex with me?"

I rolled my eyes as I picked up my boxers and tugged them up my legs. "No, Caroline. I do not want to have sex with you after you've been drinking vodka. You aren't even technically consenting. Plus, when you wake up tomorrow, you'll be pissed at me." I turned around to help her get in the shower, just as Caroline straightened up from completely throwing all of her clothing off.

Her hair was messy and hanging over her chest, her eyes glossy but filled with a playful emotion I was unfamiliar with. "Cara..." I moaned.

"I thought you wanted to get your hands on me," she teased, leaning towards me.

God, she was so beautiful. Of course I wanted to touch her. I wanted to ravish her and worship every inch of her soft little body. I tried not to look any further south of her hips, because I knew my wolf would lose it. Caroline tucked her hair behind her ear, her doe eyes gazing up at me and she tiptoed closer.

"Does he want to get out?" she asked softly, to which I nodded. "What does he want?"

A deep growl emanated from my chest. "You, sugar. All he wants is you."

"Why aren't you touching me then?" Caroline quizzed, wiggling her body sensually. "I don't look good right now?"

My fists clenched. "Don't say that. Just... don't. You're drunk. That's why I won't touch you. Because in the morning, not only will you not remember anything, but you'll regret it," I grumbled. "Get in the shower."

"I thought you wanted to shower with me," she whined.

"I do, gorgeous. I really do. But not after you've gotten yourself wasted," I told her, kissing her forehead. "Go get in. You need to rinse off."

Caroline blinked up at me before shrugging, marching into the shower cubicle. "I'll grab you some fresh clothes," I told her, unlocking and exiting the bathroom.

As she showered, I ran downstairs to check on the mess and see what alcohol she actually got into. Of course, she got into the single Shifter-grade vodka I had. Because our bodies work so fast and are so warm, we burn through liquor extremely quickly, and it takes a lot to get drunk, or even a buzz. So I had this concocted for myself if I had any special occasions. I definitely never thought I would have to hide it from my mate like she was a rebellious child.

Once I hid all of the drinks, I just decided to get the cleaning over with and save my kind butler the trouble. It'd be quick anyways. Just as I finished, I heard the bathroom door shut upstairs followed by Caroline's loud "oof" as she fell onto our bed.

By the time I got upstairs, I found my mate sprawled across the bed in her pajamas, completely out. With a deep sigh, I leaned down and kissed her forehead, pulling the blankets up to her shoulders and adjusting her body so her head was on the pillows.

~ ~ ~

When I woke up in the morning, Caroline was gone. But I could smell her scent coming from downstairs, so I knew she hadn't escaped. I threw on some sweatpants over my boxers and headed down after her, also catching a whiff of breakfast.

Caroline was sitting on one of the bar stools, swinging her legs beneath her as she ate a slice of bacon. I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "Morning, gorgeous."

"Hi," she said curtly, shifting further in her seat a bit while I started serving myself, as if I wouldn't see her. "Can we pretend like last night didn't happen?"

I chuckled, grinning at her. Until I saw the look of despair on her face. She really wasn't feeling well about what happened. I reached over and rubbed her back gently. "You were drunk out of your mind, Caroline. Nothing happened."

"But I... I came onto you. And you saw me naked," she whispered, mortified.

I kissed the side of her head. "Well, yes. That part I won't be able to forget. But everything else, we don't have to talk about."

Caroline groaned, burying her face in her hands. "I don't know what came over me."

"Cara. Come on. When are you going to stop playing this game? I marked you, we have a special bond now. You are going to start feeling things toward me."

"No," she said stubbornly. "I don't like you."

"We all know how strong you are, sugar. There's no mistaking how incredibly resistant and stubborn you are. Persistent, strong. It won't make you any less strong to give in and let me take care of you, to let me be your mate. And let yourself be mine."

By the look that flashed across her face, I knew that I'd caught her. I wasn't stupid. Neither was she, but she was an open book to me. Her face displayed all of her emotions, plus I could often read her thoughts.

Caroline nibbled on her lip. "What is this going to mean for me?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "This?" I asked, motioning between the two of us, to which she nodded. "It'll be no different than a human marriage. I mean, there are some traditions or extra ceremonies we will have, but in terms of daily life, it'll be like you're my little wife. And I'll be your husband. I'll take care of you. We'll have kids, and go on trips, dates. Whatever you want. This is really what you want to make it."

"I-I heard that when we have an heir to the throne, they get shipped-"

"No. Never. I don't believe in that. I want to raise my kids myself." She visibly relaxed and I leaned in, kissing her lips softly. "We'll make a good family."

"I don't want to just be a housewife, sitting at home cooking. Also, I suck at cooking," Caroline claimed.

I chuckled, staring warmly at her. "You're so sweet. You know that?" I sighed deeply, cuddling her closer to my side. "I am going to do what I have to to make you happy. I promise. And you won't just be my housewife." I tipped her chin up with a single finger. "You'll also be my lover." 

****A/N: I am sorry that this is such a filler. But good things ahead! I just thought it was time for Dominic to have a chapter, where you could see his thoughts.*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758K 17.6K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
13.9M 382K 36
Flicker never wanted a mate, especially an alpha one. She strongly believes that with an alpha mate, she would lose all her freedom and independence...
16.5K 375 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
1.1M 41.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...