Partners In Crime [On Hold]

By ImperfectTwat

~Quotes from the book~ "If he's evil, be Satan himself." "Can't handle the fat, can't handle the love." "I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Nine

27 2 2
By ImperfectTwat

It was certain. A finality. Undoubtedly true.

September was going to be a bitch.

August was at its end, and I felt giddy saying goodbye to the last month of summer. But it had been such a bad month, I didn't care whether it would be fall or not. I'd rather say hi to the dying nature, than the bitch of the summer I was currently trying to work my way through.

I was late, later than late. I was epically late and I knew I would be biting the dust as it were candy, because boy was I in trouble.

And to top that was the fact that I was so late, I came to third period looking like a madman, panting by the effort of jogging all the way.

Mrs. Braw looked at me smugly, as if enjoying the truth before her. She handed me a note wordlessly, not even looking my way as she returned to the board.

My cheeks were red, I was tired, I was almost falling to the ground by my wobbly legs, but I did manage to show my bubbly joy perfectly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Mrs. Braw's lips turned into a thin line.

"Excuse me?"

Realizing what an embarrassment I was making, not for myself, but for the class-, no, wait. They are definitely not embarrassed, they are smug those bitchy little gnomes. An entertainment playing before their eyes without them even wishing for it.

I grew a small hatred for the humanity.

"Nothing." I muttered low, and went to my seat again.

"That'll be three more-"

"Mrs. Braw-"

"And the principal's office. Since you don't seem to take my class seriously you may as well spend your time there." Mrs. Braw, the cold blonde as she was even managed to give me an icy smile, handing me another note that she basically slammed down on the table.

I looked at the yellow colour, the fine cursive writing that was describing my doom.

Me and my big mouth..

Wanting to not share oxygen with this woman for another second, I stood up proud with my chin high, hoisted my bag back up on my shoulder and waltzed out, knowing the classroom would be filled with gossip-like chatter about my actions.

I wanted to feel a bit of pride again like last time, but this time was a bit different.

Getting detentions, nine in total, going to parties, pick fights with a stranger (Though in my defence, he had it coming, that Dipshit.).

Realising what awry road I have taken, I was wondering where I was heading to.

Oh well.

I can ponder about that in the Principal's office. Which was none other than Loren Fall. The same middle aged woman that Zack attacked not two weeks ago.

Why?

Because he parked the bike wrong.

Why'd he attack, of all things?

Because the Dipshit was batshit crazy. At least, that's my theory. Also that he used to be a jail bird and recently released for good behaviour. I have a lot of chatty girls that can back me up on that idea too.

Loren and I haven't exactly crossed paths before, but when we saw each other, as student and Principal, we'd nod and smile. A quick hello and good luck on good days.

Today wasn't one of those days.

I went into the office and the lady behind the desk, working as a secretary almost, told me to wait.

I sat down in the blue chairs, praising whoever was thoughtful enough to put matching pillows on them.

Kudos for thinking about your fellow friend's butts.

Steering away from the humorous thought of that genius, I began thinking of excuses and words of defence when Loren would ask me why I was here today. Though I do not doubt my classmates when they say she's as soft as a peach, I knew that the fact that she and a big authority over me was enough to make my gut flutter.

And it was a bad flutter.

I was getting nauseous.

Like really nauseous.

Holding my breath in and counting to twenty, I closed my eyes and collected my zen for the hundredth of time.

This was no big deal, now was it. Just a trio to the principal's office. For the first time, is all. Nothing to fuss about, really. A kid needs to do this for...

I'm running out of inner advices.

The door to the principal Loren's office opened and I stood up, though not clearly knowing why. Maybe I was a bit jumpy.

To be honest, I knew there was no 'maybe', rather more like 'certain'. Because I was nervous as hell, and I couldn't steer away from that fact.

"You be good now, Zack. The janitor did tell me you worked hard, and I think you've learned your lesson."

"Thanks, Principal."

"Off you go now. Study hard."

Awlon came out chuckling, barely pushing me away with his shoulder. I thought he actually didn't notice me, but then his eyes caught mine and I choked.

"Wonder why you of all people are here, princess." He smiled disgustingly, before continuing his path, not looking back once.

I regained the control over my lungs and tried not to freak out.

"After you."

My head jolted up and I met the hazel brown eyes of my principal.

I nodded once.

And off I go to my certain doom.

I went in, the office looking quite friendly and white. The window before me was from roof to floor, looking out the quite proud view Chevelry had to offer. The were mountains and even, if you squinted your eyes, the glimmer of a river was visible.

I sat down on a one seat, leathered and fluffy. I tried relaxing, doing the whole 'Good energy in, bad out,' out thing I saw in one of my many collections of Japanese movies I have in my room.

Principal Loren sat down before me, leaning herself down on the office chair, getting herself comfortable. She seemed as if she was right where she was supposed to be.

She had authority and she showed it, though not in the arrogant way.

Thank God for that, or I would be pissing my pants already.

"So, Avery."

I wasn't surprised she knew my name. Apparently, she memories every face and name at the school. Kudos for that.

I relaxed the slightest.

"Last week you got five detentions."

"Now four." I finished for her, sighing. "And to top that, a trip to you as well."

"What was it this time?"

"I got late."

"Again?"

"Again."

I liked her soft voice, reassuring me that she wasn't the stereotypical principal.

"Well, why?"

"Why what?" I looked at her confused. She was supposed to be shunning me, not asking me why's.

"Why'd you get late this time?"

"Oh." I looked down. Well, honesty's the best policy. "I overslept."

"That isn't worth four detentions."

"I cursed."

"In what way?"

"'Are you fucking kidding me'." I replayed my scene in my head.

I may have also been throwing saliva at her face as well...

"So, four detentions."

"Four detentions."

"You regret?"

I look up, clearly trying to project my guilt. "I do."

Her hands suddenly clasped down and I was so sure she was going to give me a slap on the head, throwing away her image as a 'Good Principal', but then she just hoisted herself up and smiled down at me.

Her glittery hazel eyes, the blonde hair flowing down in waves.

I was certain she was a fallen angel.

"Well off you go. Stay out of trouble this time."

I gulped, blinking. Blink and blink, trying to understand, waiting for her to explain. But then she just smiled wider, went to my side of the table and put her hand slowly down on my shoulder, gripping it.

"I react bad sometimes too. Mrs. Braw has a low tolerance for kids, but don't hate her. She's a real softy in heart."

Principal Loren laughed heatedly before leaving me alone. And I wondered, how'd she know it was Mrs. Braw's class I had gotten my detentions. I hadn't even mentioned her name.

Leaving it be as the mystery of the day, I shuffled out of the office and got back into the hallways, gulping in hair.

Hey, it wasn't that bad, now was it? Maybe I should get to the principal's office more often.

I stopped my walk in abrupt as I saw a familiar figure leaning on a locker, clicking his phone hard. And I wasn't doubting that it was a Motorola.

I gulped again, this time out of anxiety.

I turned in my heels.

If I walked this way it would take me forever getting to biology.

And the other way would be only four minutes tops.

But the Devil was there.

Think.

Walk there and act nonchalant, not caring a damn whether Dipshit seemed to be waiting for me.

Walk this way before me and show him what kind of a coward-....

Nope. It was decided.

I started walking the decided path. I was all Buddha, collecting both my yin and yang. Walking in balance. Totally ice cool, I swear. I was not sweating or coming up with excuses to not talk to him. I mean, he was-

"How'd it go."

I choked on the automatic words of mine.

Keep on walking.

He pushed himself off the locker, that was by the way not his, and walked behind me.

Then after a while of silence where the only sound was the echo of our shoes and, I dare to say, the sound of our breathing, we walked side by side.

I was sure my heart would get a cardiac arrest. I was so sure my legs would fail me. Actually, it seemed like every cell in my body was itching so bad I was wavering inside.

Imagine it was you, if you think I'm overreacting. Here's this guy, calling you a name that do not fit you in any kind of way. Not only has he said horrible things to you, but also your friend. Not only did he hang you out in front of this friend, but after a while he decides to be this gullible shit, sending you sadistic smiles that was actually meant to be gentle.

Imagine that kind of a monster was walking beside you, his mouth twitching, resisting the knowing smirk.

Imagine that you knew he knew that this, the whole walking side by side, was a nerve wrecking experience and you'd want nothing else but to vomit.

Exactly.

So I am not overreacting. Actually, I'm pretty damn proud I haven't fallen to the ground yet.

I saw the door in sight, the class that would put us apart.

When we entered (And the Dipshit decided to be a gentleman so I went first.) there was not a single soul inside.

I exhaled my anxiety and anger.

We were so early, class wouldn't start until fifteen minutes had left.

I automatically went to the front. I was expecting Awlon to do the opposite, go to the back as always.

But since God was having a blast apparently, he decided that Awlon would sit right behind me.

I heard his chair creak, being dragged backwards and then his form slumping down, the chair creaking once again as it was pushed forward.

The stillness continued and I was not breaking it. I was maybe a mess inside, but I was too damn persistent to seem not affected by this, though I was.

I was very very affected.

"What'd you do?"

Guess whose voice that was.

None other than mine.

Awlon didn't answer right away, maybe surprised that I was the one to start a conversation. Me of everyone.

I was just as surprised. But after a while of heart fluttering silence, I guess I had to tend to major measures...like actually talking to him.

"Nothing."

I bopped my head in a nod, feeling as if I didn't want to know either. But then whatever possessed me before emerged again.

"I got detention again."

Why the hell was I telling him that?

"Really?"

"Yeah."

We went mute again.

Yes, yes it was awkward. And yes, yes I did want to commit suicide again.

Then whatever possessed me twice, vanished and another monster emerged from somewhere I'd rather want to never know.

"You know," I started, and my voice broke.

Was I really doing this? Was I really going to talk about that, of all things?

"I'm not a princess."

I guess I was.

Awlon took his time once again, but I did hear him exhale.

We were not even facing each other, my back was to him, but it seemed that I just knew he was rolling his eyes.

"Sure."

"I'm not."

"Exactly." He chuckled low. "You're ordinary."

"I'm not that either."

"Than what are you?"

I did the worst thing then.

I turned around.

"I'm Avery." I said, eying those blue orbs hard. "I'm Avery Noria. And nothing else. Not ordinary, not a princess. I'm-"

"Avery."

"Exactly." I nodded once, then returned to watch the board.

The silence emerged and I thought he had gotten it into his head and realised what kind of a fool he was for saying all those horrible things, to assume the worst of me.

"You're acting like a princess."

But maybe he wasn't about to change his opinion yet.

"Okay." I gave up, feeling my heart beat furiously with anger. "Though I know damn well I don't act like a princess-"

"You do."

"Enlighten me, Awlon." I turned again, smiling bittersweet.

His eyes met mine, lips turning up as he nodded.

"Another time."

The chatter of teenagers came bursting through the door and I sighed.

Guess my answers wouldn't come that easily.

~A/N- What'd you think of the story so far, and especially the characters? Most liked and most hated, maybe? Anything I should fix on?

Thanks for reading, dawlls. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
1.3K 257 37
"LOVE IS FAKE!" I shouted like i've never before.. i couldn't control my self. "I WOULDN'T HAVE DATE YOU!" "YOUR LIES, YOUR FREAKING LIES!" "ALL TH...
2.2K 102 35
* TRIGGER WARNING* there may or may not be parts of this book that people may find upsetting. It talks about mental illness. Also it talks about rel...
2.1K 645 115
Complete ✔️ First love is beautiful. Isn't it? Maybe or maybe not The story revolves around a teenage girl "Anne" who fall in love for the first tim...