Sweatpants

By BethanyRenee

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 12

12 0 0
By BethanyRenee

I pulled my house keys out of my pocket and unlocked the front door. I walked inside and tossed my bag on the floor. I stepped into the living room and saw my dad sitting on the couch watching a recording of an old basketball game. "Hey, Dad." I said walking over to sit next to him.

"Travel." Dad nodded at the television screen. The ref blew his whistle.

I nodded. "I saw." We sat there in silence for a couple of minutes watching. We had both seen this game three or four times. We knew every play and every call, but it was like watching film. See the mistake and don't make it again.

"So how was your day?" He finally asked, never taking his eyes off of the screen.

"It was... Fine." I said. "How was yours?"

"It was good." He nodded at the screen again. "Foul."

I nodded because I knew it was there and they wouldn't call it. Dad rolled his eyes, "Damn Refs." He mumbled.

"I got a few new customers today."

"Yeah?" I said. "That's nice."

"Yeah. Hey, have you talked to your mother lately?"

"I haven't talked to her in a couple of days, why?" I asked.

"Oh, you'll see. Maybe you should call her." Dad suggested.

"Okay. I think I will." I got up and walked into my room. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed my mom's number. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, Sis. How's it going?"

"Hey Mom." I smiled. "Good how are you guys?"

"I'm awesome! Guess what?" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"What?"

"I'm getting married!" She squealed.

"Um, what?" I said.

"Oh, Honey. Please be happy about it. I don't want you to be upset."

"No, Mom, I'm not upset. I'm just surprised. Wow. Married?" I was shocked, but there was no way in hell I was telling her that.

"Yeah! Isn't it exciting? We're going to the courthouse in three days."

"Three days?" I asked. "Isn't that a little soon?"

"Honey, we might as well be married now, we're just making it legal."

"You have a point there." I admitted.

"Would you like to come?" Mom asked. "I mean you don't have to, but your brother is coming and Seth is gonna..."

"Wait. Seth is coming?" I asked.

"Yes, he was with Adam when we told him and Adam said he was bringing Seth. Poor kid didn't have much of a choice." She chuckled. "Why? Are you two gonna pick up where you left off?" I could feel her teasing me through the phone.

"Well Mom, actually about that..."

"Oh God," Mom groaned. "There's another guy isn't there?"

"Oh Mom," I groaned flopping back on my bed. "You should meet him. He's new at school. He can be an asshole, a cocky asshole. But, he can be super sweet when he wants to be. Like Mom, we went out last night," I lowered my voice. "And he showed up at my window this morning with Tylenol and that cocky grin." I sighed. "You would like him."

"He sounds like a keeper." Mom said. "So are you guys dating?"

"Mom, I've known him for a week. Seriously?" I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see it.

"Well, you never know. So what are you going to do about Seth?" Mom asked.

"What about Seth?" I asked.

"Well, the last time you guys saw each other you left it on an awkward note."

"Mom, I was drunk. It doesn't count."

"He wasn't." Mom pointed out.

"So he saved me from utter humiliation. My hero." I said sarcastically.

"You were all over him, and you know what they say..."

"Mom, we're done talking about this.You didn't even really see us."

"Tess, the truth always comes out when you're drunk."

"Mother!" I shouted into the phone. "Done."

"So are you going to come?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, Mom I'll be there." I said.

I heard a crash. "Oh, well I have to go! I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye Mom." I heard her hang up. "Love you." I said quietly into the phone. I laid where I was and stared at the ceiling, thinking about the last time I saw Seth.

***

I sat at the kitchen table. I was matching Mom drink for drink. Adam was already on the couch gone. It didn't take much to get him drunk.

Seth came up and sat next to me. I poured him a shot and he joined us. Finally Mom gave in and decided she couldn't go on anymore. I quit with her. I was drunk and hadn't even realized it. I stood up and tried to walk over to the couch and sit with my brother. I took three steps and tripped over my feet. Before I hit the ground I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I grabbed onto Seth's arm.

I turned around in his arms and looked into his eyes. "Hi, Seth." I smiled. "Y-u haven't druuunk very much." I slurred.

"I know." He smiled. "That's because someone needed to take care of you."

"Awww!" I cooed. "You get to be my prince! That's so cute." I wrapped my arms around his neck. Seth wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Alright princess, let's take you to bed. I don't trust you to walk around."

"Oh, but then I can't be with you any more." I felt my heart sink a little bit. "And I really want to be with you." I frowned.

"I want to be with you too." He grinned at me. "I'll make you a deal. We can hang out in your room."

"Seth!" I heard my mom yell. "If you're gonna sleep with my daughter, you're gonna do it while she's fucking sober!"

"Calm down, Christie, I wouldn't do that."

I frowned. "Well, why the hell not?"

Seth chuckled. "We will some other time. Not now."

"Hmf" Seth started to lead me down the hallway. Half way down the hall he just picked me up and carried me to my room. I rested my head on his chest. Seth turned on my television and turned to set me on my bed. Before Seth reached the bed he tripped over a shirt on my floor and landed on my bed with me in his arms.

I giggled. Seth sat back on my bed next to the wall and I snuggled up next to him. We sat there for a while just watching television together until I started to drift off. Seth started to move me over. I grabbed onto his shirt. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I have to get going hon, I have to work tomorrow."

"No," I whispered looking up at him. "Stay with me?"

"I've gotta go to work." Seth repeated.

"But," I insisted. "You could stay and just go to work from here. You could wear some of Adam's clothes. You're closer from here anyway." I argued.

"Ok." Seth whispered to me. "Just let me call my dad." Seth lifted himself from under me and went into the hallway to call his dad. A little while later he walked back into my room, closed the door, and laid down beside me. I turned around to face him and laid on his chest. "I'm staying." Seth whispered.

"Good." I smiled. I sat up a little and evened my face with his. "Seth, I'm really happy you're here, you know, with me."

"Me too, Tess." Seth whispered.

"Hey, Seth?"

"Yeah, Tess?"

I looked into Seth's eyes. "Kiss me." I whispered.

Seth moved so I was beside him instead of on top of him and looked into my eyes. "I want to Tess, I REALLY do, but right now's not a good time."

"Just do it, Seth." Seth smiled and bent down. Seth kissed me, lightly, on the cheek.

"Good night, Tess."

I smiled. "Goodnight, Seth."

***

I sat back and stared at my ceiling. This needed cleared up. Problem was I wasn't sure how.*********************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 8.5K 78
𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮�...
4.7K 137 20
🦄✨
134K 2.5K 36
"𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆 " 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒌𝒔 " 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒚 " 𝒊 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒌...
86.9K 1.2K 45
Baddies ATL Baddies South Baddies West Baddies East