Legends To Reality

Por PurpleScenes

Athana has been searching for the supernatural all her life. One day she finally found a clue and she ran awa... Más

Obsession
Lead
Dear Sister Dana
Plans
Dana, How Do I Explain This....?
Starting Over
The Werewolf Hunter's Guide
Gotta Have Faith
I Landed Myself A Job!
Making Friends, NOT Enemies
Close Call
Camping? Never Done It In My Life
Second Day
First Catch
Been There, Done That, What's Next?

Half The Puzzle

11 0 0
Por PurpleScenes

Dana and I went our separate ways as we got to school. Our bus ride was very long and we had five minutes until school started at 8 o'clock. My classroom was in the very back of the school so I almost had to run to make it in on time. Dana's classroom was near the front so she was safe. I was usually in the red zone. Luckily there was no teachers or students in the hallway to watch me run. Most of them were already at their classes.

I slowed down as I entered the classroom so I didn't get in trouble. As I entered everyone's eyes were trained on me. The teacher, Mr. Klaun, scowled as he glanced at the clock, almost like he wanted me to get into trouble. I ignored the stares as I took my seat in the very back of the right side of the classroom, where I had a clear view of the outside.

"Alright everyone, today in mythology you guys are going to read two chapters, chapter 7 and chapter 9, and tomorrow we will have a quiz on it. The chapters are about Medusa and Poseidon and then about Athena and Hercules and make sure to write out what lessons they both learned. Also, make a Venn diagram for the same thing," Mr. Klaun said. We all sighed, some people groaned. Tenth grade was so hard. I wonder what Dana is doing, probably nothing remotely as hard as us.

We all took our books out of our desks and started to read. I tried to stay focused but I kept looking outside, into the wild great beyond. I really want to be out there right now, searching.

------

It was finally lunch time. I sat at a table in the back, all alone. I didn't mind at all. The other kids were all sitting, talking, playing on their phones, throwing food, doing whatever. Nobody was paying attention to me.

I saw a group of kids that were all reading the same book and talking about it. Dana saw it and once suggested it to me, but, of course, I said no. I had never really realized how much Dana does for me until today.

Our lunch time was at 1 o'clock pm. It was every late and I was starving. I had a sandwich, an apple, a cookie, and a bottle of water. The sandwich was peanut butter and jelly which was my favorite. I didn't really like any of the other sandwiches and Dana thinks it is weird. Her favorite is honey nut bread with two different kinds of cheese and meat with all of the other stuff that's on a subway sandwich.

I found this table one day and found it completely empty. I asked some people why but they never answered. Most people just ignore me now a days. Dana told me that even at her lunch time no one ever sat down at this table. This table must have some serious history, I thought mostly because I was bored.

I can't believe that I'd finally found a lead! It may not be solid info yet but I plan on checking South Dakota for more wolf attacks near that town. Maybe I was finally on to something. Who knows what could happen if my lead was solid and something was going on. I guess I have never thought about that either. I guess I just live in the present, not much on the future at all.

The bell rang overhead, making plenty of students groan. I just stood up, grabbing my books, and headed to my next class which was P. E. I know, lucky me.

Ten minutes later I was in my workout clothes in an already stinky gym, waiting for the teachers to emerge from their hideout where they decide which torture method to use on us. The came out with scowls on their faces. Uh oh. This was not good. Usually when they're in a bad mood they took it out on us and I was not in the mood to run laps and do twenty push ups at a time.

"Everyone on the track. Do seven laps than come here and stretch out for our workout session today in class," Mrs. Janus shouted. She has always been the hardest teacher and I'm sure everyone in this room hates her. Some girls huffed and puffed but we all headed over, knowing to not get on her bad side.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a little before I stepped foot on the track. I pushed off with my other foot and I was off. Some girls were talking to their partner, probably complaining. After my fourth lap I was almost out of breath, breathing rapidly and not correctly. I saw some girls and boys walking around the track when they saw the teachers backs were turned.

"Britney! Run faster!" Mrs. Janus's voice came shouting out over the track. The shocked girl immediately started sprinting, outrunning her friends.

I tried to ignore the pain in my thighs and tried to calm down my breathing, knowing that I just had to finish, then I was done. I wasn't really the athletic type, but I knew when to not give up.

I could tell Dana was going to go into track and field because of how much she likes to run. She had very long legs and liked to use them. I knew she was going to be a good runner. Me, not so much. I mean, I could run very fast if my life depended on it, but not to win a race.

After an hour of constant push ups and leg burners we were finally done. But get this, our teachers gave us the 'privilege' to take a shower but we only had six freaking minutes to shower in the moldy stalls. For most girls, that's not nearly enough time. Even so, I always took a quick rinse and washed my body. I didn't want to roam around school all smelly like some boys do.

After that I headed to my next class, which was science. I sighed. Here we go again.

------

After school, Dana and I met up in the main office because the school was too big to try to find each other. Without even saying a word we walked out of the front door, in the snow, and around to the pick up bus line. Our bus was there so we quickly hopped on, going to our usual seat.

The bus finally dropped us off at our house. We both walked to the house in the freezing cold snow. I made a mental note to remember to put on way more clothing tomorrow as I shivered.

"You going to go- you know?" Dana asks once we got to the house. I nodded, knowing that her question was about me and my researching. We went our different ways, her to her computer and mine to my studying.

Bubbling with excitement, I burst open my door and head to the computer, quickly firing it up. I waited impatiently, wondering what to type. I decided on write: South Dakota Wolf Attacks New. The only one that came up was the one from this morning. I frowned. I'd check everyday, I thought.

I went to my book, remembering my promise to read about rogues. I found the chapter but it also had lone wolves in it to. Shrugging, I began to read.

Rogues are the wolves that every pack wolf hates. Rogue wolves are the wolves that were kicked out of the pack. They are the wolves that are the most dangerous.
Every pack has their own ways and laws that the Alpha and Luna create but they have one thing in common. They all hate and will kill rogues. If a border patrol party finds a rogue or rogues on their land they take them hostage and will most likely kill them. If the Alpha doesn't kill the rogue then that rogue must be special or being held hostage for information. They sometimes leave the body as a sign for all the other rogues to keep away. Most rogues keep away after they see the sign but there are some that come wanting to be killed.
Rogues are the wolves that have gone mentally or physically insane or have done some terrible deed. Some of them want to end the nightmare so they go to a pack, looking for a death wish.
Rogues usually have red eyes, stumble, covered in scars, not right in the head, and somewhat insane. Some rogues have some of their fingers cut off or toes. Some of the females still have the mark from a male wolf on them. Most of the time that's what makes them go insane. When a mate dies the other feels like he or she has just lost her other half. Some die, some go insane, and some resort to revenge by killing.
It doesn't really matter if the rogue is five, twenty-six, or sixty. Any pack member will not hesitate to kill him or her. Some of them have good reason to. Some pack wolves families have died because of rogue wolves. It is very unlikely for a rogue wolf to not go insane with all the loneliness.

Lone wolves are the wolves that run away from the pack.
Some wolves like the Omega (pg. 53) run away because they are being abused or tortured. Some wolves run away because their mates have rejected them. Some wolves just want to be left alone. Some wolves just don't want to live in a pack, hence the meaning of lone wolves.
Unlike rogues, lone wolves aren't insane or crazy but some pack wolves don't like them on their territory so they kick them out. But some lone wolves get pictured as a rogue and gets killed.
Rogues and lone wolves are really different and kind of the same also.

I stopped reading and set my book down. I didn't know that werewolves are so complicated. I thought there were just pack wolves but now there are different kinds. I groaned.

I looked back at my map, wondering where they could be hiding. I probably spend a whole hour, sitting there with my head in my hands, taking all of this new information in. New ideas kept coming into my head but they get dismissed without any real leads.

Suddenly my head lifted up.

"Could it be?" I whisper. New thoughts kept coming in my head and I tried to sort them out. I unfolded my map back open, in a rush. I took the book back out and go to the page about the rogues. I found the sentence and read it out loud again and again.

"Rogues are the wolves that have gone mentally or physically insane or have done some terrible deed," I whispered. Then I found the sentence I wrote on South Dakota.

"Three wolves attack a insane man on the northern border of South Dakota," I whispered. Then I looked at all the other attacks, they all involved an insane man too! All except for the ten year old kid. Then I remembered another sentence.

"It doesn't really matter if the rogue is five, twenty-six, or sixty a pack member will not hesitate to kill him or her," I whisper. It all adds up! I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed this before!

If the wolf kills a rogue wolf then there must be a pack territory in South Dakota! I have just solved half of the puzzle, the next half will be actually finding or seeing them.
-------
Ha! That was a long on Earth! Hope you like it. It took me a while.

Comment, Vote, and Share Plzzzzzz

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

33.8K 756 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
6K 327 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
13.6K 399 33
(A/N. I DO NOT own any pictures throughput the book, no copy right intended. Will have Explicit content.) Sweet Katherine, A werewolf vampire hybrid...
2.4K 295 18
[COMPLETED] Atraya is taken from her normal life when it is discovered that she is a werewolf. Trapped in a world of fighting and violence. Atraya an...