Ace Detective Case Files: Dis...

By TheCoolGuy05

It's been so long... Arthur Lawton, father of Vesgate Lawton, was still waiting for his wife's return. Evie L... More

Character Forms
Prologue, Part 1 ~ All Coming Back
Investigation Arc: Turnabout at what Remains - Intro

Prologue, Part 2 ~ Assembling The Team

132 4 105
By TheCoolGuy05

(A/N: Take time reading this, please. And please leave comments. ^^)

/Same day; 8:20 am, Lawton Family's Residence - Bedroom ~ Arthur Lawton's POV/

My eyes opened once again when something suddenly came to my mind.

"Huh...?" I whispered. I checked my watch to know what time is it. "8:20? Huh, I guess I must've fallen asleep again..."

I had a hard time moving my legs and arms, so it took me a while to get off of bed. Eventually and finally, I got off and slipped on my old favorite bunny slippers Evie bought me when we were young.

"I'm surprised you still fit..." I commented on it, stretching my back to ease walking. I fixed my bed and went to the door.

Suddenly...

"Artie! Hey, Artie!" Then a giggle.

My eyes widened and I looked back immediately....to see nothing. I could've sworn I heard her...

Hesitantly, I decided to shrug it off.

"I'm imagining her again..."
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living alone is not exactly happy. Made worse when you're turning 45 years old in April 1... And my birthday is April Fool's day... And I'm not even happy? Very ironic...

Anyway, I was at the kitchen, finding some ingredients so I could cook. I had my hand on my back to support me when I stood on the tip of my toes to reach the cupboard. Finally reaching at least the edge of it, I swung it open to find a box of flour.

"Flour...flour..." I whispered as I looked at the cupboard. "Nothing."

Huh. I only eat pancakes for breakfast. Well, I guess I have to buy some...

I went to my fridge to check if there's any milk, sugar, eggs, butter, pancake syrup and blueberries. Opening it, I found...

"Nothing..." Again. "What happened to all my supplies...?" I wondered. I don't really think I eat a lot since...I'm not really fat. Oh well.

Of course, before going outside, I have to take a bath and change. Because I really smell now... You didn't need to know that--Anyway!

With already tired legs, I went to the bathroom to take a bath.
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was some bath. Very relaxing. You gotta enjoy the littlest of things sometimes, they say.

Using a towel, I wrapped myself up in case someone barges in my house and see me naked. Oh, they don't want to see this wrinkled body of mine. Man, I hate being old...

I went to my room again and in front of the mirror by the dresser. Touching the wrinkles on my face, I groaned in frustration. Just why can't I stay young forever?

That question lingered in my mind as I put on my clothes. They were just a pair of old, black pants, the sky blue shirt that I loved so much (It has a rabbit on it with a carrot and Evie gave this to me too), underwear (Of course), and my slippers (Again). I'm surprised the shirt still fits on me...

If I were younger and stayed like that...I wouldn't have trouble finding Evie... I stared at the mirror again... All I see are flashbacks... Flashbacks of Evie and I's sweet moments...Evie and I's arguments...Evie and I's time together... And then I saw those flashbacks...different ones... They were the times when I was trying to find her... All by myself...

I can still remember those days... That road...that café...that cold, snowy mountain...that other road...those people I met... Mysteria... MYSTERIA. That woman! MYS-TER-IA. That liar... She made me go in circles!

You know those times when you feel that you just want to punch someone annoying? Yes, I know those times. Sometimes, I just want to punch her out of my memory...

All this reminiscing made me even hungrier.

"Okay! I'm ready!" I smiled at myself in the mirror and pumped my fists. I may be old, but I'm young at heart.

Oh wait. Haven't brushed my teeth yet...
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After brushing my teeth, leaving a nice mint scent in my mouth (Seriously, my mouth smelled horrible; I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night), I went out to buy some ingredients. Before I did, I agreed to myself that it was a better idea to list what I need.

With the note in my hand, I walked to the nearest convenience store called Olforya Shoppe.

/Same day; 9:00 am, Olforya Shoppe/

Ah, I took a deep breath to smell the nice scent of the store's air conditioning. The shop whose owner has a pun surname. Evie and I used to go hear together... She always pays for everything—rarely ever letting me pay.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lawton!" The good owner greeted from the counter. Her name was Agatha Olforya. She had a faded golden hair and a pair of glasses over her green eyes. She wore a red and black polo shirt and a pair of brown pants. She had gotten a little fatter now than before.

"Still a mister, Mrs. Olforya," I replied with a chuckle. "You still have flour, eggs, butter, pancake syrup, milk, sugar, and blueberries, right?"

She nodded in reply. "Of course! Would you like me to get them for you?"

It's a nice offer but I shook my head. "Well... You can help me with the flour boxes." I added, chuckling again.

"Of course!" She nodded, laughing with me.

I've had experience with those flour boxes.. I always buy many of them so I don't have to get back over and over again...which could further kill my back...

/Same day; 9:29 am, Lawton Family's Residence/

It only took a while to buy all I needed. I immediately went home along with Mrs. Olforya—she was helping me carry the flour boxes that I bought.

We shortly arrived to my house. I used my key to unlock the front door and let Mrs. Olforya in. I told her to just leave the boxes in the kitchen. She bid farewell to me and walked away.

"Mrs. Olforya!" I called, successfully halting her. "Have a tip!" Then I flung a coin to her. I did so thrice so it wouldn't seem unfair. She managed to catch all of those coins that came from afar.

"Thank you!" She yelled back, waving once again.

As if on cue, something rang after Mrs. Olforya left. It was my phone! I, then, inserted my hands to my pockets to find it.

"Nothing again... Really?" I told myself. Unbelievable. It must be at my room.

With a quick turn, I 'ran' (more like fast-walked) my way to the room to get my phone.
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, here's my phone...

I touched the screen to answer the call-- "D-DAD!!"

"O-ow..." I flinched at the sudden burst of sound that pierce through my poor ears. "V-Vessy? What is it, son? And did you really have to yell that loud?"

"Where were you!?" He exclaimed from the other side. "I've been calling--anyway! That's not important! I have news!"

"Tell me, son."

"She's back!! Mysteria!!" He answered, frantically, earning a gasp from me. My eyebrows scowled themselves as I heard the cursed name. The weak fire inside of me was fueled again...

"I'll be there, son... Call the team..."

"Will do, Dad!" He cut off the call...that's my cue to get ready...

About this team I spoke of... It's a team I decided to form in case this happens. The team consisted of Vessy's friends... Here they are:

/Same day; Some time, Moore Family's Apartment ~ Rebecca Moore's POV/

(Rebecca Moore, a defense attorney...)

"Yes!" I whispered to myself, pumping my fists. My prank for Danny is done! I know he has a big fear for spiders that's why I decided to buy some fake spiders. Big ones!

I hope he falls for it! Though judging by the way he immediately deduced my incoming prank yesterday, I doubt he will...

Geez, Danny, you're no fun!

Chuckling to myself, I was determined. "This time, you will fall for it!"

My prank is very simple. Once he enters the apartment, the stopper, installed on the door, will be taken off—making the tied up spiders fall down and scare him!

"Will fall for what, Becca?"

"Cheeseballs! It's you!" Disappointed, I pouted. "Man..."

Then our telephone suddenly rang, making me jump a bit. Wonder who's calling...

I immediately ran for the phone and picked it up. I brought the receiver to my ear and said, "Hello?"

"Rebecca! Call Daniel! Mysteria's back!" It was Vessy! He immediately cut the call, probably gonna call the other members.

All right! Investigators, assemble! It's time to get ready.

"Hey, Danny! Get ready! The team is assembling. Mysteria's back!" I called out.

"Really?" He quickly opened the door, the spiders scaring him. "Gah! Damn it!! Becca, you'll pay later..."

Haha! He forgot! I stuck my tongue at him, mocking him more.

Anyway, enough laughing. I went to the bedroom to put my formal clothes on. After taking off my everyday clothes, I went to the dresser and pulled out my clothes. I put on my usual crisp white blouse, straightening it after. Pulled up my white pencil skirt and slipped on my green heels. I slid my arms through the arms of my green leather jacket.

I checked myself in the mirror to see if my hair's good. Good, good. Still looks like you can eat it. Fringe with blonde highlights? Check. Can't forget about that. And my green-brown eyes are still intact. I also checked my nails to see if they are still painted.

"Still green..." I commented. "Good, good..."

"Are you done?" My twin impatiently called from outside the bedroom.

"I am!" Then I swung the door open with all my might! And...!

"Ow!" Danny was hit by the door and is now sitting on the floor, his hand covering his face. "Can you be careful next time!?" he groaned.

"Sorry~" I sheepishly said. Ignoring him... Bec the defence attorney is ready!

/Same day; A few minutes ago, Same place ~ Daniel Moore's POV/

(...Daniel Moore, a prosecutor...)

Well, now my face hurts... Hopefully, the redness does not stay on my face...

Regardless, Becca got out of the room and let me in. I immediately took my current clothes off and left them on the bed. After pulling my clothes out of the dresser, I put on my white shirt and lazily tied my tie to my neck, letting it hang loose. I pulled on my baggy jeans which is also coloured black and fastened it with a belt. Lastly, I wore my grey blazer over my shirt.

"Okay, I think I'm done," I told myself. One last thing...

I will attempt to comb my messy mop of a chocolate brown hair again.

"Let us try this one more time..." Then I did it in front of the mirror.

Fail. Well then. Hair, you have no hope anymore. Then I realised...since when did it have hope anyway?

Nonetheless, everything seems good now. Nothing too grand. I like to keep it simple, you can say.

I stared at the mirror one more time. My hazel eyes seems to be in good condition. Everything else is good-looking. Time to go out!

/Same day; Some time, Prosecutor's Building - Prosecutor Colton's Office ~ Rio Colton's POV/

(...Rio Colton, another prosecutor...)

Another day at the office...

Everything was calm and silent inside... The only things I could hear were the birds' distant chirping, light tapping of shoes from other people in the building, mumbles of chatter from afar, and the calm whirring of the air conditioner.

I was just sitting on the chair in front of my desk, waiting for a case. Then the calmness broke when my phone suddenly rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered quickly.

"Prosecuting attorney Rio Colton, speaking," I informed. "How may I help you?"

"Prosecutor Colton! Mysteria's back! Come here now!" It was Vesgate.

I unconsciously nodded and answered shortly, "I'll be there shortly."

I stood up from my comfort and straightened my blue tuxedo that was as dark as the blue light in the night sky. After fixing my black tie, I buttoned up my tuxedo to cover up my white Oxford shirt. Then I stood in front of my office's window, staring at the buildings. The glass reflected the black pants that I wore, the eyepatch over my left eye, and my only green eye. I, then, ran a hand through my bronze hair to fixing it...it did fell back to its original position. But I hardly care...

I turned and headed for the door. Before I do though, I dusted off my black leather shoes and finally left my office.

Rio Colton, prosecutor-at-law, is ready.

/Same day; Some time, Foliis Heights - Sharon Cassandra Drew's Residence ~ Sharon Cassandra Drew's POV/

(...Sharon Cassandra Drew, a defense attorney-slash-private investigator...)

Ah, hot tea in the morning... Refreshing.

Everything was calm and quiet around. Just woke up and had breakfast. And now, I'm drinking a nice cup of green tea. I just love the sweet aroma that entered my nose. I took a sip and let the flavor spread in my mouth.

"Mm~" I moaned in satisfaction. "Ah... That is a nice tea," I giggled.

Well, that was before... Because, suddenly, Ves called to inform that the one called Mysteria is back. So I quickly drank my tea in hurry and went to change and to prepare myself.

I wore my white Oxford shirt and my brown trench coat over it. I also wore my usual black pencil skirt and black stockings with matching stiletto heels. Black leather gloves covered my hands and I had my old wristwatch strapped on my left wrist.

I also combed my long, wavy, choco brown hair and dropped several eyedrops to my dark brown eyes to clean them up and so they would appear shiny.

"Okay! I'll be there, Ves. Let's go find your mother!"

/Same day; Some time, A.T.S.R. Facility - Nova Quant's Office ~ Nova Quant's POV/

(...Nova Quant, a scientist...)

I was tinkering on a generator that I accidentally invented when Vessy called.

The generator was something no one has ever seen before! I was just mixing chemicals and elements on my experimenting gravity-defying sphere—a machine that can hold things for me by making them float in one place—then I made this amazing power!

Well, the fusion sucked all the power of my office and equipments; but when I touched it, a burst of power spread, powering them again! It didn't hurt me, but it definitely burned my clothes to ashes.

Luckily, my boxers wasn't burnt too.

I continued on testing it out while only wearing boxers...of course, I had to lock my office door. Can't have people suddenly see me like this.

But I did wore clothes when Vessy called for me to come immediately. I decided to just wear my ATSR uniform; this consists of a white lab coat that bore ATSR's logo, white shirt, black necktie, black pants, and black leather shoes.

People actually say that me and dad looked a lot like each other—like clones. Purple hair and purple eyes, both of us even have a hair antenna sticking out of the hair.

Anyway, I put all my tools and equipment in my coat's pockets. Yup, my coat can fit many things in them. I managed to find out the secret of that one magical girl's famous trick involving her panties through science!

It's really helpful!

"Dad, I'm taking a leave! The team is being called!" I yelled while running past his office. And before he could even reply...I was gone.

Looks like mystery girl is back, eh? Let's take her down, team!

/Same day; Some time, Angel Silveria's Apartment ~ Angel Silveria's POV/

(...Angel Silveria, a police detective...)

I got a call from Vessy saying that Mysteria is back. Well, I was on my way there anyway.

Yep, literally on my way there... So I had to walk back to my apartment. And there...I found myself staring at the mirror again...

"My eyes are glowing again..." I told myself, staring at my silver eyes that were faintly glowing. I blinked rapidly, hoping they would go away. "What's...wrong with me...?"

Ever since I touched that crystal, weird things happened to me... I have stopped using my glasses because my eyesight suddenly became...clear... My hands...they just won't stop glowing... To hide them, I decided to wear silver elbow-length evening gloves. Yes, that long because the glow reached to my arms too.

Unconsciously, I took my gloves off to see them again. Still glowing...

"Gray..." That's the color of their glow. Faint, but still noticeable...

I pulled a lock of my silver hair with my hands, the band holding my ponytail falling off...making my hair fall freely.

"Aaagh!! What is wrong with me?!" I screamed in despair. My stuff in the bathroom suddenly shaking. My powers are activating again.

Another thing that changed...my mood...and attitude... My head has been easy to boil lately... Angering me would be the worst thing you can do to me... Seeing me angry would be the worst thing you can see...

Anyway...I decided to change my clothes to my formal ones... Navy blue coat, indigo shirt, black jeans, and gray fuzzy boots. The usual. I tied my hair again into a ponytail and decided to powder my face.

Okay! I'm ready to go.

/Same day; Some time, Lawton Investigations Office ~ Vesgate Lawton's POV/

(...Vesgate Lawton, another private investigator and my son...)

I didn't mean to shout at their ears when I called them.

Okay, maybe I did...but! But I was kind of excited to finally find my mom and to finally take Mysteria down...as rude as it may sound.

I took my dark blue trench coat off the wall hanger and wore it over my white shirt. I fixed my striped blue necktie as I walked in front of the big mirror. I stared at my bluish-green eyes that was shone by the lights. Bending down, I brushed the dirt off of my metallic blue leather shoes. I fished out my badge off of my black pants and flipped it open. The metal shined by the light, a sign that it is still new.

I didn't even try to comb my hair anymore. It won't even budge anyway. I kind of liked the way it is now—blue that fades to the tip and messy.

"I am ready! Mom...we'll find you this time!" I exclaimed with full determination.

/Same day; Some time, Lawton Family's Residence - Bedroom ~ Arthur Lawton's POV/

My eyes opened, I was thinking about who were the team members...

"And of course..." I paused. "Me..."

I took off my clothes and wore my formal ones. I put on a white T-shirt and a buttoned-up light blue shirt over it. A slightly darker but still sky-colored tie, my favorite tie, was left folded inside the dresser. I took it and wore it around my neck. I slid on my black pair of pants and wore socks; slipped on my black shiny shoes. I wore my new yet unmoved turquoise trench coat and buttoned it up.

And of course, how could I ever forget about Evie's letter? I took it and slid it in my chest pocket.

Looking at the mirror again, I looked at my fading sky blue hair—a sign that I've been hoping this day to come for many years... Wrinkles surrounded my eyes... Those blue eyes that were bright before... My permanent blush...gone... Years...years have passed...

Arthur Lawton, former private investigator, is ready to do some investigating again... I never actually retired...I just stopped taking cases.

"I'm ready to take you down, Mysteria...and finally find my wife..."

Grumbling tummy...I'll take care of you later...

/Same day; 10:30 am, Lawton Investigations Office ~ Vesgate Lawton's POV/

They finally arrived.

"Hey, guys," I greeted at them.

And they greeted back with a bunch of "Hello!", "Good morning!", and "How are you?".

I invited them inside and offered them a seat. I also offered orange juice—to which some accepted and some declined. I'll make drinks for all of them anyway.

"Cely can't come today, she said," I explained to them while handing over the drinks. "She said she was busy. And her boss doesn't want her to come home."

"That's a bummer," Becca said, clearly disappointed.

"On the other hand, where's your dad?" Sharon asked, taking a sip of the drink.

My hand hovered under my chin as I started to wonder. "Hmm, he should be here any minute..."

"Looking for me?"

That voice!

"Dad!" I quickly ran up to him and gave him a hug. "How are you, dad?"

He caressed my hair as he hugged back. He pulled away and replied with a smile, "I'm okay, Vessy..."

"Somehow, I doubt it," Daniel added. "Sorry..."

"It's okay. You were right... But...at least, she's back, right? There's still a chance to find my wife..."

"You really are still determined to find her, aren't you?" Nova questioned, earning a nod from dad. "That's what I call true love..."

Angel nodded at his statement. "I agree with that."

And then the phone rang again... I immediately picked it up and put it in loudspeaker.

"Mysteria?" Dad called. "Is that you?"

Then the familiar voice answered, "Ah, Mr. Arthur Jackson Lawton. How are you?"

"Don't you dare ask how I am, because you know that I'm not! You still have my wife, idiot!" he retorted, anger painted on his face. "Now tell me where the heck is she?!"

"Hey, hey, calm down," she said, mockingly. As if nothing happened.

"I'm here to tell you exactly the truth now," she continued.

"Then tell us, please!" I begged.

"Ah, but I'm not gonna tell you the exact thing. However, I will give hints~ All you have to do is do what I tell you to do."

"Why would we even do that?!" Becca yelled at the back.

She must've heard her because she replied, "Because~ If you don't, you're never gonna find her again."

"I...just want to know--" Dad started but was quickly cut off.

"If she's alive? Yup! She's still alive and well."

"Let me talk to her!"

"No can do~ Agree with my deal first then we can have progress."

My dad took a deep breath and exhaled.

"We have no choice..." he whispered.

"But she could be--!" I jumped in.

"I have a plan!" Dad's mind was made up. I guess I can't stop him now.

After some time of thinking, I nodded and spoke, "We're in."

"Yay! It's simple! I'm gonna give you some cases to solve! Each cases bears a hint to where we actually are! See? How about that?" She joyfully explained.

"That sounds...interesting..." Rio commented. "So we just have to find these hints while solving the cases you give?"

"Yup! Five cases! You have five cases to solve!"

"Fair enough." Angel added.

"I guess I have no choice but to agree..." Dad mumbled to his breath. "I agree."

"Great! I'll talk to you later! I'll just find a case for you~! Buh-bye!" And then she ended the call...

"All right, kids!" Dad suddenly clapped his hands. "Here's the plan: We do what Mysteria says but! I'll send some of you out of town. You are going to revisit the places that I once went to to find Evie. Do you remember those places?"

We all nodded.

"Good! So Angel, Nova, Sharon, and Rebecca!" He called, pointing on each of them. "All four of you will go."

They nodded.

"Sounds like a plan," Nova said.

Dad nodded back. "Good. The ones who remain here will do what Mysteria says. We'll just inform you when there's new information."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone cheered.

"Great! Now! The four should get ready to leave. Make sure you have money, water and lots of food. The journey is not that simple."

They all nodded in agreement and Nova and Rebecca even saluted.

We all prepared for whatever may come before us...

"Ah, before we do that!" Dad suddenly bursted. What the-?! Did he just read my mind?

"Uh...what is it, dad?" I asked, my eyebrow raising by itself.

He, then, had a sheepish look plastered on his face, and he grinned while saying, "I actually haven't eaten breakfast..." He joked, scratching his ear.

I though he was joking, but then I heard a grumble. We all laughed when we heard that.

"Oh," I plainly said, realizing he wasn't joking, "Then let's eat bacon sandwich together!"
----------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vesgate: (Mom...)

Arthur: (Evie...)

Vesgate and Arthur: (This time...we will find you! Together!)
__________________________________________________________
Whew! This is currently my longest chapter! And it actually involve words! XD

THAT'S how a prologue should be written...I think. XD

I really hope this made you want to read the book more! Because this...is just the beginning. This is not even halfway to how long this book is gonna be!

Here are the cases:

• Investigation Arc - Turnabout at What Remains
• Searching Arc - Turnabout on The Road
• Investigation Arc - Turnabout for Corners
• Searching Arc - Turnabout Café
• Investigation Arc - The Magnificent Turnabout
• Searching Arc - The Hot Turnabout
• Investigation Arc - Turnabout Replacement
• Searching Arc - Turnabout Never
• Investigation Arc - My Dear Turnabout
• Searching Arc - Dear My Turnabout

And we even have special episodes! Here they are:

• Investigation Arc - Turnabout at Dawn
• Searching Arc - The Promising Turnabout

They may look a lot, BUT it will all fit, I promise! ^_^

Also, you might be wondering why the other borrowed characters are gone. Don't worry! They'll appear soon! I just have a plan for them. ^^

That is all! I hope you all stay tune! STAY COOL, COOLSIES!

PEACE OUT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 647 37
Jeon Jungkook, he completed his graduation in business. he is sweet but for only his family and cold for other's. he doing internship in his father'...
556K 6.6K 26
Lost, Lose (Loose Trilogy #1) She's a girl of hope, Lisianthus Yvonne Vezina. A teen-year-old girl who focused on her goal... to strive. But everyth...
112K 11.6K 31
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
257K 3.4K 77
Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Her...