Running Scared

بواسطة spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... المزيد

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

23. Second chance.

60.5K 2.5K 514
بواسطة spaghetti000cheese

Jack's POV

I was looking at my kitten after 400 years and all that wait was making her look even more beautiful. If only I had appreciated her beauty at that time and confessed my love to her, I would have been the happiest Bona fide in existence.

I sighed.

But what I did in past was in my past. Now I will make my future better by making my Kitten fall in love with me again and spending the rest of eternity with her.

My Kitten was in front of me yet I couldn't take her in my arms and kiss her senseless.

She was shocked that her father was a vampire hunter and still in daze.

"Kitten?" I said

"Stop calling me that! You lost the right to do so after the way you treated me. I hate you and didn't even miss you once in all 4 centuries." She said angrily. Just like an angry kitten who thinks she's a tiger. I chuckled.

She frowned at me but my gaze was caught by something shinning on the dresser.

My eyes widened as I realised that it was my pocket watch that I carried around everyday.

I went there with my speed and picked it up. It was still the same because it was made of gold only a little bit old. It had stopped working but it warmed my heart that she still kept it after 4 centuries with her and it looked like she cleaned it everyday because there was not a single dust particle on it.

My heart filled with joy as I realised that I still have chance to win her back because I now know that she still loves me.

She came and snatched the watch from my hand. I  just stared at her with a raised brow. She realised what she did and pink blush covered her cheeks. So human.

"Umm....you can have it back. I-I just...um....take it." She pushed the watch in my hand with a tearful expression and rushed upstairs.

I smiled because I know that she didn't want to give it to me.

You're mine Kate. And this time you're mine forever.

Few days later

"Why don't you get the hell out of my house?" Kate screamed at with anger.

"Kitten, I told you I came back so that I can prove my love. How do you expect me to do it? Sitting at my house just thinking about it?" I said in a soft voice.

"I'm not going on any fucking date with you." She screeched

I laughed out loud at her colorful language.

"Kitten you sure have changed so much. I love your language and everything about you even more. Here I was thinking past 400 years, that my love for you can't grow more but I'm proven wrong." I said to her.

It's true. For so many decades I thought that I love her the most in the world and that I'm full of love but I was so wrong. I kept tracks of her but I was not able to face her.

I have been looking after my Kitten from far away for 7 decades. Every day I used to think that I would be able to face her today but no. Every day I used to stand in front of her door, revising my lines of what I was gonna say when I meet her but I used to run away because I was ashamed to show my face to her after what I've done to her.

"I don't give a fuck about what you think. Now go away because I'm late for my shift." She said and pushed pass me towards her car.

I have a feeling that her car won't start today.

"Come on Kitten. It's just one date and we're not going to eat anything. I'm going to show you your favourite place. Please?" I pleaded her.

If my past self saw me now then he would kill me with his bare hands.

I have never pleaded anyone in my life. But it's okay to plead when you're pleading to the reason of your existence.

Love can make you do anything.

She just went in her car and tried to start it.

It didn't.

I smirked.

Guess I'm a future teller now.

She came out of her car and kicked it on the wheel.

I know that she has many cars in her garage but only used this one to take it to the hospital.

She kept her head high and came towards me and mumbled something.

I smirked again," I didn't hear you properly Kitten." I said.

Lie. I heard her perfectly well but I wanted to pull her leg.

"I could use a lift." She said looking anywhere but me.

I took her soft chin in my hand and made her repeat her statement.

"Would you drop me to the hospital Jack?" She asked staring into my eyes this time. But I was paying attention to the sound of my name rolling out of her tongue.

I snapped out," Sure my love but I have a condition." I said.

She glared at me with her warm honey brown eyes.

Honey was my most favourite thing now. More than blood.

"What condition?" She asked.

"Go on a date with me." I stated out.

"You know that I can use teleportation now. I don't even know why I'm asking you." She said.

"Love you can't use your vampire skills because I have seized them temporarily." I said.

"What the hell do you mean by 'seized them temporarily?'" She yelled.

"Yes love, for now you can't use your powers because I just touched your chin and by touching your skin I called your powers in me temporarily. You'll have them back after few hours." I explained her.

"You son of a b***h." She hissed at me and I was  laughing again. I couldn't stop laughing and clutched my stomach to keep standing.

Even she had a small smile playing on her lips and that made my heart sing.

I made her smile!

The smile disappeared as she checked time on her watch.

"Oh no! Look, because of you I'm late again." She said.

"You should've just agreed with me the first time I asked you Kitten." I said.

She sighed and took out her phone.

"Let me call my Dean. I'll tell him I'm a little late." She said while dialing a number.

"No need. I'm sure you're a good doctor and your dean will surely understand." I said.

Too late.

She already had her cell on her ear and it began ringing at the same time my mobile started beeping.

She frowned and looked at her phone and then at me.

Realisation hit her face as she cut her call and my phone became silent again.

"Please tell me that, what I'm thinking is not true." She said with wide eyes.

I sighed.

"It's true Kate. I'm your Dean and you've been working in my hospital the whole time. That's why you never had an interview and you never saw your dean in any of your surgeries." I explained looking down at her.

Her mouth was open in astonishment.

When she appled at my hospital for job I didn't ask anything about her because I knew if she came to know that she was working for me then she'll flip and leave this country and then I'll have to start all over again.

"But I've been working in this hospital for I don't know how many, 9 years? Yet never once I saw you." She said.

"I hid well Kate. But don't worry all the staff members and patients are safe and no harm will ever befall them. You know that I charge very very less that also because people will begin thinking how much money I have if I don't charge them  anything of hefty surgeries. I pay all the staff good salaries--"

"I know that. I know everthing. I thought that some good hearted wealthy man who has no need for money was running it." She said.

"I'm sorry for lying to you kate but if I would have told you that it was my hospital then you would have ran away."
I said and she just nodded her head.

"Okay. Let's go. I still have people to treat today." She said while moving towards my car.

I smiled gratefully and sat in the drive seat as she made herself  comfortable in the passenger sit of my black Mercedes.

"What about my date?" I asked her.

She sighed, "Fine I'll go on a date with you but if I get bored then I'll leave it in the middle and come back." She said while trying to manage her strawberry blond hair that was blowing in the wind.

I loved her hair (Basically, I loved everything about her.) Back then they reached till her knees but now they ended in the middle of her back in soft waves.

I tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear while keeping one hand on the steering wheel. Her cheeks turned red and she turned her head away from me and closed the window of her side.

"So when are we going to the date?" She asked abruptly while looking out of the window.

"Today, after your shift. You only have one one surgery of a 12 year old boy who has to remove kidney stone. After that nothing." I said.

"Wait...Do you set my shifts and write my timetable?" She asked.

"Yes, I know that you're the best and successful in almost every surgery you've performed. That's why your name was always on the list where I knew the patients would face consequences." I said.

It was true. She was the best doctor and surgeon in the hospital and she is very caring.

"Why did you decide to show yourself if you were alive all this time?" I knew that she would ask me this question and I was going to tell her the truth. No more lies.

"I saw you few days ago crying while you were driving home. I saw it from my car and I couldn't keep myself from you that time. So I decided to reveal myself. What happened Kate? Why were you crying. All this years you never once shed a tear when you were working then why were you brawling your eyes that day?" I was heart broken to see her in that condition. I so wanted to hug her and wipe all her tears and I knew that it was enough and now  was the right time to show myself.

She stiffened in her seat and kept her gaze straight.

"Nothing...just....I--"

"Hey, it's okay if you don't want me to know. I just want you to know that I'm here if you need me. Okay?" I assured her.

She nodded her head and relaxed a little bit.

Few hours later

"Ready?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

There was a blindfold on her eyes and I guided her by keeping my hands on her small shoulders.

"Why do you need to blindfold me?" She asked.

"Because I know you love surprises." I said.
"Okay, now I'm going to remove your cloth ."

She nodded her head excitedly and I untied the cloth from her eyes.

She opened her eyes and looked back at me with confusion clear in her eyes.

"Why do you have a truck full of gifts? You know that I hate gifts then--"

"I know that. Those gifts are not for you. They're for them." I said pointing towards my right.

She followed my gaze and gasped.

Her eyes watered as she looked back at me.

"How...."

"I know you love children Kate and I know that you always  donate money to this orphanage and come to play with these children. I also know that you always hire a Santa Claus during Christmas so that they can have gifts and you can watch the joy in their eyes."

Tears poured down her eyes as she looked back at me with the same expression she used to look at me when she was in love with me.

"You did this.....for me?" She asked in a small voice.

"For you and for them also. Now are you going to stand here and cry or are you going to help me?" I asked. I couldn't see the tears in her eyes.

"Sure." She smiled at me.

"I'll be here in a minute." I said and quickly went behind a tree.

She shrugged and glanced back at the truck.

"How do I look?" I asked coming back.

She quickly turned back and looked at me.

"Oh my! I can't believe it's you." She said with wide eyes as she checked me out.

"I thought that insead of hiring a Santa Claus I should become a one." I said while adjusting the beard and wig on my face.

She laughed and came near me. She sticked the beard in place.

I walked towards the truck to collect the gifts in my sack but she stopped me and hugged me tightly. I put my arms on her waist and brought her more close to me. Oh! How I've waited for this moment from the starting of my existence.

"What you're now is the only thing I desired back in the past. It may be a little late but I still got what I always wanted from you." She said.

"And what is that thing?" I asked.

She pulled back and looked in my eyes as if she was staring right through me.

"Love and most importantly compassion for others." She said.

"And how did you find out that it's compassion?" I asked again.

"Because I can look right through your heart and because it's clearly written in your eyes." She explained and helped me put the gifts in my sack

She ran where the kids were playing, "Hey my babies, how are you all?" She asked and all the while her smile never once faltered from her face.

I decided to make my entrance by laughing the Santa laugh.

The kids looked behind and gasped while some of them clapped their hand.

"Hello my dear children. Merry Christmas." I said in an accent.

They all circled around me and I couldn't make out a single word about what they were saying. Oh God!

"Hey kids, let's play the games with Santa and then we'll all open the presents Santa has brought for you." Kate rescued me and they all went to her.

This was the best time of my entire existence.

We played stick the tail on pony, hide and seek, catch me if you can and what not.

I have never laughed so much. At last all the kids were tired and their care taker came out to serve some soft drinks and snacks to us.

After that I distributed all the presents  I brought for them.

They were all shocked and so was Kate when they all saw that all the gifts they received were the ones they wanted.

"How did you know what each  kid wanted?" Kate asked coming towards me.

"I told the care taker to list down every item eack kid wanted and bought them." I said.

She smiled brightly at me.

At last the day was finished and all the kids were tucked in the bed. It was now snowing but the cold didn't affect me or Kate.

I closed the truck doors and kept the Santa clothes inside the truck.

I removed one last gift from my pocket as Kate said bye to the care taker and came to me.

"This one is for you. Merry Christmas." I said giving her the gift all the while snow was stcking in her hair making her look more beautiful.

She frowned and opened it. When she saw it she looked at me again with questioning eyes.

"How did you brought it in the working condition again? And why are you giving it to me?" She said as a lone tear fell from her eye.

I quickly wiped it, "You took care of it after all these centuries and I want you to have a token of me. As for the working part, I gave the watch repairer a hell of a night." I said.

She kept my pocket watch in her pocket carefully and looked back at me.

"I loved today's date with you. It was the best one ever and it will be a memorable one." She said.

I smiled and nodded my head, "Shall we?" I said and we made our way towards my car.

Once we reached her home she directly went inside and I was a little sad. I wish that I can kiss her but I know that I shouldn't push her.

I sighed and opened my car door to go back to my house.

I felt someone turn me around.

There she was standing, looking like an angel with a serene smile on her face.

Suddenly she put her lips on mine and began kissing me. I was too shocked at first but then I snapped out and kissed her back.

It was a bliss to taste her lips ater 4 centuries.

She pulled back and stared in my eyes.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked breathlessly as snow settled around us like white sheets making the surrounding look magnificent.

"Even Santa should have his wish fulfilled on a Christmas eve." She said.

"Give me a second chance Kate and I'll prove it to you that I'm worthy of your love." I said to her.

"I've already given you second chance Jack. You just need to prove your love for me." She said as she kissed my cheek and went inside.

Yes! I'll prove it to you Kitten that you're worthy of my love.
*****
Phew! Big chap.

I hope you guys like it.

Happy Christmas in advance.

Until then hugs and see ya.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

292K 16.8K 32
My name is Abby Blair. I write erotic romance. I don't practise what I preach, though. With a string of failed relationships behind me, my books are...
11.5K 5.2K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...
1.1M 57.4K 63
"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised her nervous eyes to meet his. Searching he...
Blood Lies بواسطة Zoe Rudd

مصاصي الدماء

1.8K 394 55
Unedited version. Heart ache, Love, Friendship and betrayal. Nadine lived a life with fantasy in her mind. She loved to read books and her life was g...