Across the World - NCT Chenle

By News_Just_Ryn

Raven Smith. An ordinary girl living an ordinary life. Or at least until her uncle returns from Korea. Conseq... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Sorry
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
I Hate Having To Say This
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 5

520 17 0
By News_Just_Ryn

"Oh my god! Mia!" I scream as soon as I see her. It's lunch time on Monday and whilst she said she'd be in for the last two lessons of the day - meaning she's already been in school for an hour due to our weird time table - I didn't actually believe her.
"Hey guys" she laughs, pulling up the seventh chair on our table.
"We've missed you so much!" Ella smiles brightly.
"And so much has happened" Amy grins.
"But first we need to know all about New York" Skye finishes.
"What was your favourite part of the trip?" Lucy asks.
"Um, the Empire State Building although the Statue of Liberty was cool but then again Kpop Town was awesome and Times Square. Oh my god, Times Square." She tells us, indecisive as ever. "Let's just say that we're going on holiday there together"
"Ok" we all laugh.

So we spend the rest of lunch, all 40 minutes of it, pouring over the details of her trip. It sounds incredible and I know she loved it. She visited Korea town and bought some albums as well as little packs of photos for us - she gave me the Seventeen set. It feels good to have us all back together.

"Have we got physics next?" She asks.
"Yeah, the only one this week" Rosie tells her as we pick up our bags, the bell having just gone to tell us to head to our lessons.
"Typical. I missed the week out of the two that had three physics lessons in" she grumbles, referring to our time table that's based over two weeks - A and B.
"Never knew you had such a passion for physics" Lucy teases, making Mia flush red.
"Oh quit it, we all know that it's fun" Ella chides. "Besides, Rae seems to be enjoying it more these days"
"Ella" I warn, sending her a warning look.
"Why? Does she have a crush on Logan because of she does, you guys would be so cute!" Mia squeals.
"No, I don't. I have no intention of making our table the couple table. I think you and Liam are enough" I say airily.
"We aren't dating" she defends.
"But you wish you were" Amy helpfully reminds us.
"Anyway, I'm enjoying history much more if that's the route you're following."
"Only because you sit next to him" Rosie laughs, still not mentioning a name.
"History has always been my favourite subject. Besides, he isn't as great as everyone and everything makes him out to be" I explain.
"Wait, is this about the new student? I heard that there was one. From what I've heard, of the three days they've already been here, they always turn up part way through the day and have yet to attend all five lessons." Mia muses.
"Yeah, but then again they've had to settle in since they're from abroad and have had loads of stuff to sort out" I tell them all, making them wonder how I know so much just as we reach the class room.
"Yeah, but who?" Mia asks so desperately it seems as if she's in agony.
"You'll just have to wait and see" Skye laughs, patting her on the back as we walk inside.

We all disperse to our tables, unpacking pencil cases and books from our bags. Slowly, everyone else in the class starts to trickle in and repeat the process. The chatter begins to die down as everyone sits although, as predictable as ever, Chenle and Jisung only just make it through the doors before the lesson begins - the last ones. I check over my shoulder as they enter though Mia doesn't notice - we both have our backs to the door and she wasn't paying much attention to anything.

They walk over to us and I feel that Jisung is slightly excited at the prospect of meeting my best friend. The conversation on Saturday ultimately turned to more about me, leading to explanations of my friends, hobbies, books I've read etc meaning they know quite a bit about her. Chenle on the other hand barely seems to be bothered, intent on just getting on with the lesson. I wonder what's gotten him into a bad mood?

They place their bags on the table, quickly piling the stuff they need onto the desk before dashing off to put them in the racks. Mia, confused as to the sudden additions to our table without actually looking at them, turns to me to confirm that the two new boys are sitting on our table.

"Mia, long time no see!" Our physics teacher says, settling down the class.
"Three lessons sir, sorry about that" she grins.
"I hope you've met your new classmates - Chenle and Jisung - and that you make them feel welcome." He smiles before properly starting the lesson.

At the two names, she quickly swivels in her seat to face the two boys. Jisung looks slightly sheepish, a small smile spreading on his face, whilst Chenle simply waves before turning back to the lesson. Her mouth hangs open, revealing the full stretch of her jaw. She's in awe.
"Yes that is really them, yes they're going to be here for a while and yes we'll explain in a minute" I mutter, forcing her attention on the lesson for the time being.

After ten minutes of jotting down notes - not that Mia does much of that since she's too busy staring - we're forced to turn back to our tables and complete the exercises in our books. Virtually feeling the curiously and and desperation coming from her, I decide to take the initiative.

"So guys, Chenle, Jisung, meet Mia. Mia, meet Chenle and Jisung." I say, finishing the calculations in my book.
"Nice to meet you. We've heard a lot about you" Jisung smiles kindly.
"How? Why? When?" Mia asks, suddenly feeling self conscious at what we've told her. Suspicion kills.
"When we sat with your friends at lunch the other day" Jisung explains kindly.
"That and the other night when- ow! Rae!" Chenle begins before I kick him under the table. No way is he about to reveal that I had dinner with them on Saturday.
"When..." Mia prompts.
"When we bumped into Raven in town the other night with her parents. They wanted to know if we'd met you yet before Rae helpfully reminded them you were in New York. Then they launched into a great explanation of your personality and such" Jisung helpfully lies. Thankfully he's caught onto my trail of thought.
"I tried to stop them but you know what they're like..." I further explain, making it more believable.
"Yes I do and they're wonderful. Your parents are great!" She laughs though slightly embarrassed at the obvious amount of information they know about her.
"Anyway, how as New York?" Liam asks, slightly awkward but diverting the attention away from the two boys as I whisper to Jisung "thank you. They don't know" to which he replies "I guessed, no problem".

Soon enough, we're forced to turn our train of thought back to the lesson and concentrate. We work through a small practical, discussing the theories behind it as well as the necessary equations. I think Mia is still slightly shocked and in amazed but is being forced to get over it quickly, thankfully saving the rest of us any embarrassment.

The ringing of the bell signifies the end of the school day so we all pack up our stuff. Before I leave, I hug Mia, telling her that I'm so happy she's back safe and sound. On the way, I pull out the headphones from my bag, checking my phone as I do it to find a message from my mum.

'Catch a lift home with your uncle. Both your dad and I are working late and he's offered to pick you up and take you back to their place for the evening. We'll pick you up later.' it reads.
'Will do. See you then' I reply, gently pushing my headphones into my ears and switching on my music. I zip my iPod in my pocket, nodding my head along to the beat. I seriously can't bring myself to care about everybody else's opinions.

Alert, I scan all the upcoming vehicles as I walk out of school and up the hill, only stopping when I hear someone call my name.

"Rae! Rae! Raven!" The person shouts desperately, catching my attention and causing me to pause my playlist in the middle of Boomboyah. I twist, moving to the side to let every else pass while I wait for Chenle and Jisung to catch up after seeing it's them.

"Hey, your uncle should be waiting at the bus stop though he might be a bit late" Jisung tells me in greeting.
"So you know I'm getting a lift home with you?"
"Yeah, your uncle texted us" Chenle explains as we begin to walk in a line together. The conversation doesn't continue though and we walk in silence, only ceasing after going through the subway under the main road and up to the side of it where the bus stop is.

"He isn't here yet" Jisung groans.
"Why are you so eager to get home?" I ask.
"I need a pee" he complains.
"You should've gone before you left school" I tell him.
"That's what I said but no, Jisung said he'd be fine" Chenle smirks.
"Maybe I could pee behind the bush...." Jisung suggests causing both Chenle and I to kill ourselves with laughter. When we glance at Jisung, we see the serious look on his face, making it even funnier.
"Oh. My. God. You're actually considering it" I choke.
"But I'm desperate!"
"I'm so telling everyone about this" Chenle smiles looking so innocent despite, in truth, being so evil.
"I can imagine the headlines now. 'Rookie idol pees behind bush' " I chuckle.
"Shut up! Stop trying to make me laugh! Otherwise I really will need to pee behind a bush" Jisung cries.

"Oh Raven!" A voice calls from the path below and behind us. I spin on my heel, foot catching on the slightly raised pavement compared to where we're standing. A small squeal escapes from my lips as I fall forward, hands rushing to cushion my fall in front of me. However, there's no need for that as another hand grabs onto my wrist, hauling me upwards.

"Are you ok?" A voice mutters as several sets of feet rush towards me.
"Yeah. Sorry, clumsy old me" I say to Chenle who's clutching onto my wrist.
"It's ok as long as you're fine" he smiles, finally releasing his hold on me. I brush the imaginary dirt off of my skirt, turning to face my smirking friends.
"Sorry, that was kinda sudden of me" Lucy apologises, her sudden outburst causing me to fall.
"It's fine, I'm fine" I reassure, a blush creeping onto my cheeks at the conga between Chenle and I.
"Thanks to Chenle" Skye smirks.
"He's only doing what any decent boy would do in that situation." I justify.
"Yeah, yeah. We'd better get going" Rosie says, always conscious of time.
"But you're explaining this later" Mia whispers as they walk past.
"You're getting the bus right, but what are you two boys doing here?" Amy asks suddenly.
"Oh, um waiting for our Manager aren't we Raven?" Chenle says nervously, turning to me.
"Well, he's not my manager" I remind him through gritted teeth "but from what you said,  you're waiting for your manager. I'll see you later guys, the bus will be here soon" I tell my friends, eager to get rid of them before my uncle turns up and they see the three of us getting into the same vehicle.
'Bye Rae" they wave over their shoulders, giving me suspicious looks as both Jisung and I frown at Chenle.

Not two minutes later, a small black SUV pulls up and I see my uncle driving it. I hop in the front, calling shot gun and forcing the two boys into the back.
"Family tops colleagues" I claim, smiling. "Hello uncle, how nice to see you again" I grin.
"Always a pleasure niece. How was your day at school guys?"
_____
"Just dump your stuff where ever. Did you get given any homework today?" My uncle asks as we step through the door. I take off my shoes, as does everyone else, before the boys rush past and dash up the stairs leaving just my uncle and I in the foyer.
"Nope. Nothing" I tell him. "It's a week before October half term so most teachers, despite what you think, are reluctant to dish out chores. They're trying to gain brownie points amongst us"
"Ah ok, you can just relax then. There's obviously the big lounge or there's the hang out as they've taken to calling it. Do you want anything?" He calls, walking into the kitchen so I immediately speed walk to catch up.
"I'll have some water and then I'll check the cupboards for snacks. You never know with you guys" I smile, beginning to rummage through the multiple over heard units before starting on the bottom ones. Unfortunately I find nothing.
"If its chocolate or crisps you're looking for then you're not going to be in luck. They need to keep fit and other wise they'd just raid the cupboards non-stop" he chuckles.
"Honestly" I huff, sitting down on one of the bar stalls around the kitchen island. I notice that the table has shrunk considerably, by about four places which when you think about it is a lot. No doubt it is one of those extendable ones and most of her time the boys sit where I am now.
"Oh, hello Raven" Manager Kim says, walking into the room.
"Hello Manager Kim" I greet back.
"Call me Hyunwoo, seriously" he laughs.
"Ok, if you insist ur then you have to call me Rae, not Raven." I smile back.
"I do so there. Sejun went out to pick up the other three from college and I'm not sure where all the other boys are" Manager Kim informs my uncle.
"Rae, here's your drink. Do whatever you want" my uncle says, handing me a drink.

Thanking him, I hop down from my stall and exit the kitchen, deciding to explore a little. Since I only briefly saw the place last time, ending up in the hangout for the entire time, I turn left and head down the corridor. There's that short little section with no doors since it runs alongside the kitchen. I then reach the cross roads section, choosing to turn left instead of right. The first door on the left has a sign on it reading 'Keep out. Smelly managers. Beware...'. Of course it smells if that's where my uncle lives but I'm definitely not going in there.

I choose to look to in all the rooms to the left side of the corridor first. The next room has a couple of voice coming out of it and curiosity overwhelms me so I gently push open the door. It reveals a few of desks to the side with some sofas as well as book cases lining the two walls to the side with large, glass windows as acting as a wall opposite the door, giving a nice view over the pool and forest. There are also some comfy looking sofas where I find Mark and Haechan sat with a laptop between them, chatting to the screen.

I try to sneak out of the room and go unnoticed but Mark spots me, calling me over. "Rae, didn't know you were coming round." He smiles warmly.
"Neither did I. Both my parents are working late so Uncle Jihoon, uh Manager Park, picked me up and brought me back here for the evening" I explain whilst being slightly awkward.
"Come here and say hello" Haechan says excitedly, motioning for me to come closer to them so that I can see the screen. I walk behind the back of the sofa, resting my arms on the back and kneeling.
"Guys, this is Manager Park's niece Raven or Rae for short" Mark introduces me in Korean. When I look at the screen, I see three faces staring back at me. Jaehyun, Doyoung and Taeyong. Great.
"Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Rae as Mark said" I tell them in Korean.
"Wait, you know Korean?" Haechan asks, suddenly interested in my language skills.
"I know a little bit thanks to my mum - enough to have an ok conversation"
"Cool. How are they behaving?" Taeyong asks me, all three seeming a little more comfortable now they know I understand a bit of basic Korean.
"Well, they all seem nice. It's only my second time here after dinner on Saturday but they all seem decent. Chenle however can be a bit of a pain but is secretly alright and Jisung is just sweet - I'm in their class at school" I tell them, laughing a bit at the end.
"Good, as long as they're being nice to you. We'd better go but it was nice meeting you, you seem nice" Jaehyun says.
"Ok, I'll go so you can say goodbye and what not. Good luck with promotions and things" I tell them before standing up and exiting the room.

The room after that is the hangout and the door at the very end of the corridor, I soon discover, leads to an indoor pool with a couple of showers off to the side. On the other side, opposite all of those rooms, is a guest room, bathroom, gym and a couple of large dance studios down the end closest to the foyer. There's also a small music studio I discover if I'd turned right instead of left originally.

I find Johnny and Hansol in the dance studio, making my escape before, like Mark and Haechan, they notice me whilst Kun and Yukhei are in the gym. I say a quick hello to them, not wanting to intrude before heading back to the large sitting room. As I pass through the foyer, the door crashes open and in come Jeno and Jaemin wrestling with each other, ending up lying on the floor, before Renjun and Manager Lee following behind. They stand up upon noticing me, smiling kindly before running up the stairs. Renjun follows and no doubt they are all eager to escape into comfy clothes.

I continue on my way through to the main living room and spend the next hour and a half watching tv and waiting for my mum to pick me up. At around six she finally arrives, giving my uncle a quick hug and a massive thank you before being on our way.

"Sorry, I didn't want you hanging around work for two hours or so with nothing to do so your uncle offered. Hope you don't mind" she smiles as we walk back to her car.
"Not at all, it was fun and I just sat around watching tv" I reply before opening the door and hopping in, speeding away into the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 4.2K 69
in which a group of teenagers try to navigate through the drama of high school while trying to find their true selves. โžณ a nct dream fanfiction by...
136 7 6
"๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ?" "...๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด" "๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ." : ฬ—ฬ€โž› where y/n's life turns for the worst and has to find a place to stay...
325 12 15
Lee Haewon is a normal college university majoring in engineering. She's a pretty normal student who loves K-pop until, an unexpected person arrived...
35.6K 1.3K 11
Jeno is a CEO and father of 8 years old Jisung. He tries to get closer to him but after two years of awkwardness it's hard. Jaemin, elementary school...