In His Shadow (A Harry Potter...

By twinklingnebula

The dreams still terrified me. The flash of green light- then silence. Ava Potter has always felt different... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- The Professor
Chapter 2- My Brother
Chapter 3- The Weasley Twins
Chapter 4- Things I Didn't Know
Chapter 5- Secrets
Chapter 6- Worry
Chapter 7- The Wrong Words
Chapter 8- The Dream
Chapter 9- Diagon Alley
Chapter 10- Harry's Hearing
Chapter 11- Prefects
Chapter 12- The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 13- A Surprise
Chapter 14- Zach and Eleanor
Chapter 15- Bending the Rules
Chapter 16- Charms
Chapter 17- The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 18- Padfoot
Chapter 19- The High Inquisitor
Chapter 20- Hogsmeade
Chapter 21- The Hog's Head
Chapter 22- The First Meeting
Chapter 23- Weasley Is Our King
Chapter 24- The Whisper
Chapter 25- Umbridge's Office
Chapter 26- A Long Night
Chapter 27- Visiting St Mungo's
Chapter 28- Christmas Decorations
Chapter 29- Nightmare at 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 30- Christmas Shopping
Chapter 31- Feeling Unsure
Chapter 32- Christmas Morning
Chapter 33- Uncle Remus
Chapter 34- Explanations
Chapter 35- Sour Slytherin
Chapter 36- Acting Strangely
Chapter 37- Hushed Conversations
Chapter 38- The Best Wizard of All Time
Chapter 39- Stunning
Chapter 40- Party in the Shrieking Shack
Chapter 41- Valentines Gift
Chapter 42- Lies
Chapter 43- Manipulating Me
Chapter 44- Getting Caught
Chapter 45- Spending Time with Slytherins
Chapter 46- Umbridge's Tea
Chapter 47- Birthday Bash
Chapter 48- Path of Darkness
Chapter 49- 'Happy' Birthday
Chapter 50- The Weasley Twins' Departure
Chapter 51- Another Year
Chapter 52- Never Coming Back
Chapter 53- Saving Padfoot
Chapter 54- A Mission
Chapter 55- The Choice
Darker Shadows (link to the second book)

Epilogue

3.3K 98 6
By twinklingnebula

A/N-

Wow! This is the last chapter of In His Shadow! I can't believe I've finished it! I can guarantee there will be another one, don't worry!

Thank you to everyone who has carried on reading to the end! :)

I hope you enjoy the final chapter, and I'll post a link to the sequel in the comments or in another update.

Epilogue

 A couple of young Hogwarts students ran past me giggling and waving their new robes about. I glanced up at their mother. She had dark circles underneath her eyes and looked very pale. I knew exactly why. The trouble the Death Eaters were causing had been taking its toll on everyone since the start of the summer holidays.

I pulled the hood on my cloak up, hoping not to be seen. Generally, I wasn’t a face to recognise. I still worried however that people would remember me as being Harry Potter’s sister. The sound of his name in my head made me flinch.

I stopped glancing around at the people nearby and finally looked up at what I’d come out to see.

Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes looked so bright compared to the dull, grey street around it. It was certainly hard to miss if you were walking past.

I took a step closer to it, wanting to admire their work, when I suddenly noticed my brother standing just by the shop windows. I staggered back into the crowds, ignoring the grumbled protests from the surrounding people.

Harry was with Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Mr. and Mrs Weasley. They all looked completely in awe of the shop, just like everybody else.

Harry and Ron made their way into the shop, and everyone else followed quickly. I stepped back towards the shop windows and tried to discreetly look in. I hadn’t seen Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Harry since the day Professor Umbridge had caught them in her office.

I watched Hermione as she read something on the back of a box out loud to Harry.

The moment Fred appeared behind the, my heart stopped and I put my hand on the glass of the window.

He had a cheeky grin on his face which reminded me of the way he used to smile at me. I blinked tears away before looking at him again. His magenta suit was just so Fred, and I was suddenly smiling as well as crying.

He patted Harry’s arm and led him away to another part of the shop, out of sight.

I pressed my forehead against the cool glass of the window and let the tears slide down my cheeks. I knew that I should have just walked in and said hello. I’d been thinking about that idea all summer. It was just so hard.

I took a deep breath and, without wiping away my tears, walked away from Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes and everyone I cared about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 1.1K 22
Rosie Wagner is a Slytherin, powerful, beautiful and rich. Some people even consider pure evil. What will a Weasley think. Fred Weasley is fascinat...
434 0 33
Evie Lupin is the name she has so people wouldn't know her true self. After an incident that revealed newfound powers, she didn't want anything to do...
625 61 13
A dark wizard threatens Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The mystery unfolds as Cecilia navigates her first year learning magic, struggl...
193K 5.2K 7
The Potters have yet to endure another thrilling year at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. Fresh new horrors come with their second year of...