Adopted by Andrew Lincoln

By bbffhjnnfdx

She's been in foster care since she can remember. All day she gets treated badly, and bullied by some of the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

16

1K 47 4
By bbffhjnnfdx

2 weeks later

Andy's POV

"It's been almost two weeks since Ashley's woken up, do you think she'll ever wake up?" I look over at Norman.

"I think she'll pull through. She's a good kid, has a nice heart" he gestures to his heart.

Norman decided it be best if I left the hospital for a while considering I spent all my time in there. I still had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that if I left something bad would happen.

"Hey! Quit thinking. She's alright, the doctors are helping her while your here" he snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"That's my daughter!" I whisper yell "how would you feel if it was Mingus" I retort back.

Norman only sighs "Andy you need to go home and get some sleep I can tell you haven't gotten any in a while. I know this is the worst of you, and since I've seen the best, I want you to go home and sleep. If not for ourself then for Ashely"

"Maybe..." I contemplate.

"Here I'll drive you there myself. Let's go" he grabs his keys, and we're off to my house.

Ashley's POV

I feel my heavy eyes gradually open, and at first it's hard to see. But my eyes soon adjust to the lighting. "How long have I been out?" I think out loud.

I'm trying to figure out where I am, I don't remember being put into a different room. What is going on. I try to sit up, but am only greeted with soreness around my stomach.

"Ah..." I hiss. I lift up my gown and see a smaller bandage than before that's clean. Last time I saw my bandage it was going around my entire abdomen.

"What the? How long have I been out?" I speak aloud.

I observe my new room only to find it empty of people. I see to my right that there are many cards from Zack and some from the cast.

I smile thinking of them. But where are they?

"Did they leave me?"
"Woah, did I die?"
"Why is no one here?"

I start to grow upset at the though of people abandoning me, again. First my mother, and now my real family.

I start to cry hard causing my machines to beep. The loud noises coming from the machines scares me, and I start to trash around causing pain in my stomach.

"Woah Ashley! Calm down" a doctor rushes in, and holds my arms down. "You're going to hurt yourself, now I need you to calm down. Can you do that for me?" He calmly asks. I nod at him as he releases my arms.

"What's wrong. Why are you crying?" He asks

"Where is my family? Where's Andy?" I wail, scared.

"He's been here almost the entire two weeks. Ashley you almost ripped your stitches. Don't do that again please" he pleads.

"Okay..."

"He's gone out just a couple hours ago with a friend. We'll call him to let him know your awake" he grins.

"Thank you" I look to his name tag "Doctor Hamet" I nod.

I watch as he leaves my room slowly closing the door. I watch tv for a while hoping someone will come through the doors.

"Yea man did you see the game last- Oh my god Ashley!" I see Zack and Chandler enter the door wide eyed.

"Hey, I missed you two" I motion for a hug.

They eagerly embrace me into a hug careful not to disturb my wound as we enjoy each others presence.

"I've been waiting to see you Ash" Zack quickly pecks me on the lips. "It's nice to see your eyes open" Chandler states.

"I see I've missed a lot between you two" I point to both of them.

"We decided it was best to be friends, and not be weird around each other" Zack smiles.

"That's all I've ever wanted. But actually right now I'd like to see Andy" I miss him so much and all I want is to talk to him.

"We can try to call him for you. The doctor said his phone went straight to voicemail though" Chandler says.

"Do you think he's okay" I worry.

"Norman was with him a couple hours ago. I'm sure he's fine" he comforts me.

"Can you try to call him again. It's just I really miss him" tears well up in my eyes, and I realize how much I need Andy in my life.

"I'll go call him again for you. I'll be right back" Chandler exits, leaving Zack and I alone.

"I was so scared, when I got a phone call that you'd been shot I was devastated. The one time I had to be late" Zack slumps his shoulders.

"I came in and saw Andy. Man, he was so worried and so was I. Then when you went into another surgery I found out a day later you went into sort of a mini coma I guess" he explains.

"I'm sorry"

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I love you don't forget that okay?" He sets his head on top of mine.

"I love you too. Can you grab me some water? I'm thirsty" I ask him.

"Yea. You look pretty sexy in that gown. If anyone can pull it off it's you" he says as he fills a cup of water handing it to me.

"So you think I'm sexy?" I question.

His face flushes bright red, and I can see his eyes take over with embarrassment "I mean, uh, your very pretty, and I think you look good in anything" he rambles.

"Just shut up. I think you look sexy, I mean cute in that jacket of yours." I joke back.

"It's brand new. Oh! I got a haircut as well, it was getting too long anyways." He rubs his head.

Zack is wearing a white shirt almost like a piece of paper, and a black jacket over it with blue jean pants. His hair rest above his eyebrows once again and doesn't droop behind his neck anymore.

"It looks handsome" I place a hand in his hair.

"Do you want to watch some tv with me?" I open my blankets welcoming him inside.

"If it's safe to. I don't want to hurt you. It's just you, just woke up, and I might move something, I don't wanna make any doctors mad" he rambles off again.

"Zack! Just get in here, you'll have to scoot inside because it still hurts when I move. I just wanna lay inside bed with you and watch spongebob" I cut off his ramble.

"Okay...you're right. If I hurt you, let me know right away. Okay?" Seriously he climbs into bed and we watch sponge bob.

"Um Andy didn't pick up his phone. I figured it must be dead or something, but-" Chandler walks back into the door and closes it.

"What are we watching here?" He says.

"We're watching some serious sponge bob. Might I warn you" Zack puns.

"Oh I'll just be here with you until my mom picks me up" Chandler raises his hands as he takes a seat on the end of the bed watching tv with us.

We stay like this almost all day just enjoying everyone's presence, that is until Chandler had to go home. "Bye Chandler" Zack and I wave.

"Bye guys. I'll be back tomorrow. Don't be going into a coma again Ashley" he points to me before leaving.

I snuggle more into Zack's warm chest hearing his heartbeat. I look out the window for a split second to see that the bright sky I woke up to is now a dark shade of blue and fading.

I sigh and look down, and Zack notices. "Hey what's wrong?"

"It's just, its just that everyone has called Andy today. He won't pick up and I'm starting to wonder if he still cares about me" I reveal to him.

"Ash" he says sadly "Andy loves you. He was here every single hour, and even though he thought people weren't looking, he cried, because he misses you badly" he looks down into my eyes.

"I'm feeling sore, and tired. You wouldn't mind staying with me tonight. I just don't want to be alone" I ask him.

"Of course not Ash. I'll never leave you" he brings me closer to him as I fell asleep to his heart beat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 339 26
When Ashleigh Adams turned five, her life fell apart and she was sent into foster care. She's been in multiple foster homes, each one rejecting her f...
27.8K 364 43
2 best friends trying to get Elsewhere....
0 0 25
A girl was bullied from high school and college. She has only one friend. Even her family calls her fat and ugly. Now she has a beauty salon with her...
2.9M 66.3K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...