Escaped It All

By annoyedcactus

I had to make a decision. So I did. Now, I'm the packs secret protector. And I'm a freaking badass. I firs... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

334 18 3
By annoyedcactus

 Chapter 3. Escaped it all.

About two weeks after "the accident" I got a visit. 

Not just from anyone, but the Moon goddess.

It had been two weeks and I was completely changed. I was no longer that innocent girl. Sure I was only a kid but not just a kid. That night-two weeks after the accident- she came to me in my dream. 

After all the stories i heard from my parents gave me a picture of how she would look like and shes so more perfect than you could imagine. She had white hair but almost silver. Her eyes were-I can't even describe them but they were a dark purple. 

And then she said one sentence that would change my whole life.

"You're not who you think you are."   She said softly. 

Her smile could light up the whole universe. And I'm not even joking.

When i had this dream i thought that it was just a dream.

Nothing extraordinary.

But even with that i didn't tell anyone. They wouldn't believe a word. Or worst, they would think i was connected to the goddess. 

Believe me that'd would be worst. 

After that dream she would come to me -or the other way because i were actually in her kingdom- every night and she would tell me stories of this sister that would do anything for her brother.

The Moon goddess showed me my destiny.

She taught me everything that I know of. Well most of it.

Then a year before my disappearance, I finally understood, I was that girl in the story.

That one that was the pack's protector or that's what she called me.

Every pack has one, well every pack that deserves one. 

It goes like this.

The alpha and luna have a child -maybe more then just one- that child could be a girl or a boy it doesn't matter but the thing is that the moon goddess think that the first born aren't made to be the alpha. That's were this idea come from. 

The first born becomes a protector. But first she or he -usually a she actually- have to experience something that make their instincts react. The protector has been awaken.

That's what happened with me. The accident, remember?

Then the moon goddess will take you to her kingdom. She'll raise you. Teach you everything.

There aren't that many protectors in the world. Maybe fifteen? I honestly don't know but I can say that we're three in this continent.

But I haven't actually meet them yet.

After I understood what she meant I saved up money (mostly from my dad...) and things I knew I would need. 

And then I ended up as a protector of this pack. The best of the three protectors in this continent. 

I guess that's my story. Well...the beginning.

And now you're probably wondering how  the hell could she afford all these expensive things?

The answer is easy. And not just one. I got many answers to that question. One of them is favors. Say that someones offering me a gun that could kill a rogue instantly and the price is just to high. I simply can't afford it. So I kill someone they wish dead or find the information that they want. 

Then I could always threaten them with things like exposing who they are or killing their loved ones. Horrible, I know.

Or I could steal. 

I also have many jobs so I have the money that will last me a lifetime. Just kidding. I'm actually working my ass off for the money. Just to keep my pack safe. Ain't I the sweetest?

The rogues I captured yesterday are still in their cells and today I'm supposed to interrogate them. Not together. That never works.

Right now I'm tossing rogue one over my shoulder -again- and he's of course knocked out. I'm walking to one of the other rooms that I use as a interrogations room.

My house is a cabin but all these rooms (the interrogations room and cells and the weapon room) are all under the house so that no one can find the rooms. Its all soundproofed and their scents too. It's impossible to find these rooms. 

Well not for me of course.

I tossed him at the ground then I walked out the room bot not before I locked the door. 

Now all I had to do was wait.

***********************************************

A half hour later.

He just woke up so I grabbed my knife and one of the guns and started walking to the room that he was in. I hided the weapons so that he wouldn't think that

I'm gonna kill him.

Which I'm gonna.

Eventually.

He took frigging thirty minutes to wake up. That guy is making me lose time. 

So i kinda knocked his buddy out so that I can interrogate him after this cause I have this thing that I need to do after this. Patrolling.

I opened the door and faced him. 

"Hi" I smiled at him.

He looked up at me. 

"I wanna know what you know" I said with a smile on my face.

"No" He looked up at me angry. "I've heard of you"

"Oh, really?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You have to let my friend go first" He said. That fool tried to hide his emotions but I could see them.

Anger.

Regret.

And fear.

He's scared of me. Probably because I'm smiling.

"You want me to let jack go?" My smile got bigger. "Oh honey. I cant do that. But if you start talking...."

I just stared at him. Soon. 1. 2. 3. 

"Will you let us go? And kill no one?" He looked at me with hope.

"No."

Shock was written all over his face.

"Why?"

I grabbed his throat.

"Start talking" I growled in his face.

"You-you're hiding-something" He gasped. And I let him go but grabbed my knife.

"Don't we all? Now talk. The faster, the better sweetie" I walked to him with my knife in my left hand. I can actually use both my hands.

"He have our mother and little sister. He-he will kill them if I tell you" 

Of course, always the same idea. Threaten someone with the one they love. And it doesn't even work at all times.

I stared at him.

You know in a cartoon when someone get an idea so that light-bulb appears on your head? 

You can't. Its madness. You're supposed to be feared. Not be a hero. 

YAY. She's back.

I'm serious.

In case you don't know who she is, shes my wolf.

My response was: And I'm not?

"If I'm gonna help you then I'm doing it alone and my way." I looked at him emotionless.

"Really? I mean I've heard-"

I cut him off. "But you have to tell me the people behind this" .

Conflict.

It's written all over his face. I mean should he trust me, the reason that all the rogues are running so far away from here as possibly or should he not say anything and his family are safe. Better safe than sorry.

However  it's rogues that we're talking about, they don't have rules and they don't give a damn bout morals and if you're an alpha or beta or not. They'll probably just kill his family. I mean his the reason that they're even alive.

So the pup should listen to me.

And that's exactly what he did.

"Promise that you wont hurt them and bring them back alive?"

"Promise".

"My name is Aiden and they're Isa and Sam Brooke." 

And I intend to keep that promise.

 ***************

Breathe. I take a deep breathe. 

Close your eyes. It makes you concentrate better.

Now listen.

I'm going to hunt down the rogues here and lock them up then do the same as I did with Nathan.I'm going to question them and its so going to work.

There. 

Three miles west. Another rogue.

I ran towards the unknown rogue and I ran soundlessly through the forest.

Quickly I draw my mini swords? Whatever. But he's close now. Very close.

I dodge the trees gracefully and see him. Then I of course ran behind him, putting my mini sword against his throat.

"Hi" I whispered in his ear emotionless.

He started shivering.

No. Laughing.

He hit my hands and sent the sword flying and then turned himself, now facing me. Without looking who he was i trapped him in a judo "trap choke". Then I looked at him. I glared. What the hell is he doing here??

So I spoke my mind. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him with a emotionless face.

"Oh, you know. The usual. Just wandering around..." He said with a stupid smirk.

"Did you go to Lou for things to kill with again?" I raised my eyebrows.

He looked down sheepishly. 

"No..."

I then smiled. Yes, actually smiled. I do know how to smile and I am a human with feelings...I just don't always show them. I actually don't know how...

He gave me a bear hug. 

"I missed you, kid" He smiled at me. 

"I'm not a kid and I did not miss you". I said with a straight face.

He's a rogue.

But so am I aren't I?

I certainly see myself as one and it's good cause then I could live alone. But I did have visitors. And friends that are my family. We're like a pack, just smaller.

Much smaller. 

Anyway I had to catch up with him then hunt down some people.

I'm so on fire.

________________________________

One month later...IM SORRY.

Peace out!

/CookieCupcake

ps. I make covers so feel free to ask me!☺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.4K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...