Behind Crimson Eyes [Complete...

By ruyawrites

WEREWOLF/ FANTASY "I, Peter Hale, soon to be Alpha, reject Ruby Johnson as my mate and future Luna. You are w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
BRAND NEW STORY
BRAND NEW STORY

Chapter 31

12.9K 378 5
By ruyawrites

After the little game that Elena loved to play, she gave her daughter a white dress for dinner. She helped Elena to curl her hair while talking about random things that Ruby loved to hear.

The door was left open and both of them walked in and everybody looked in their direction. Ruby acknowledged her pack members and the Alphas with a smile. The Alphas looked shocked to see a little girl with her and the rest were telling Elena how pretty she looked.

Ruby and Elena made their way to the seats, which were on the side of the table and on the left sat Elena, leaving a line of Alphas sitting on her right. A pack member walked in a bowed her head at Ruby and gave food to both of them, as they were the only ones that didn't get.

Ruby said in a loud voice, "Dig in, everybody."

Everyone started cheering and the blabber started to rise volumes. Taking and joking with each other, while all the Alphas felt out of place.

They were eating in silence and looking around like someone was going to jump at them. Ruby said, "You all can relax."

All nine Alphas looked at Ruby, while others seemed unfazed by Ruby's words. They all nodded and Ben took that opportunity to ask, "Who is this pretty girl?"

Ruby looked at her daughter looking at them with interest and then back to Ben, and said, "How rude of me. This is my daughter, Elena, and Elena, this is the nine Alphas."

Elena asked, "Mummy, are they from that place you last went? Where I saw those beautiful pictures?!"

Ruby nodded but Ben spoke, "Yes, we are. My name is Ben, nice to meet you."

Elena said with a wide smile, "Hello, Ben."

Ruby interrupted, "What did I say about calling older people?"

Elena sighed and said, "Sorry Mummy, I meant uncle Ben."

Ben retorted, "Am I that old?"

Ruby smirked while looking at him, "Older than her."

Jacob asked, "Does she call everyone uncles and aunts?"

Ruby nodded and said, "Yes. Everyone here is a family."

Jacob was about to say something, when Dylan said, "Alpha, we are going out."

Ruby scoffed, "You all better not come home drunk and make a ruckus. I hope you all remember what happened the last time."

Ruby could see the impact she made on all her pack members. That was because the last time they weren't allowed to sleep in their quarters, but outside, on the ground to be exact.

Ruby had witnessed people still parties and kissing all over her pack house and when she sent everyone to beds, everybody refused. Thus, Ruby punished but that it lasted for three nights.

Dylan bowed his head and said, "Yes, Alpha."

Ruby said, "Go."

They nodded with large smiles and they started to walk towards the door. Ruby shouted, "Get home safe."

They all acknowledged her concern and Ruby could feel stares from the Alphas back and forwards. After everyone left, leaving Ruby, Elena and the nine Alphas, Elena asked, "Mummy, can I go with them?"

Ruby shook her head rapidly, "Absolutely not."

Elena started, "But Mummy--"

Ruby decided to change topics, and ignoring the firm stares from the Alphas, "Where is Shelly?"

Shelly said from the door, "I am here."

Elena got up from her chair and run to her, while shouting, "Grandma."

Shelly picked up when she was near enough. Ruby asked Shelly, "Can yo--"

Shelly nodded and Elena asked, "Mummy, can I go home?"

Ruby started, "Shelly, wou--"

Shelly beamed with a big smile by getting her granddaughter alone, "Yes, of course."

Shelly run with Elena right after, and that left Ruby shouting, "Be careful. Call me when you get home. And I love you both."

They shouted back from the main entrance, unable to see them just hear, "We love you too."

Ruby heard the door close and faced the nine Alphas and said, "Well gentlemen, I hope you liked the food."

Eric asked without thinking twice, "They have a human smell, why?"

Ruby shrugged her arms and asked, "Does it matter?"

Ethan, one of the Alphas, asked," Yes."

Ruby asked in curiosity, "Are you guys always this noisy?"

Eric sneered, "Excuse me for having doubts on your behalf. I still think this is all farfetched, an act to show a fake reality."

Ruby was boiling in rage, but she didn't show her true feelings. Instead, she said, "I adopted my daughter. They are both witches."

Ben asked, "Witches, but th--"

Ruby interrupted, "I am aware that your relationship with the witches is shaky, however, if we merge then I can help you all in that department. I gained their trust a while ago, I consider them my family."

Daniel asked, "But we have been enemies for so long."

Ben corrected, "Frenemies. We have been their frenemies."

Ruby shrugged and said, "I am good with them, and so are my pups."

Eric asked, "May I know how you managed that?"

Ruby answered, "Shelly, she is a coven witch, the main witch. She helped me through thick and thin. I consider her as my mother."

Eric asked, "Yes... Family, you talk so fondly about unity, am I right?"

Ruby was confused and asked, "What are you asking?"

Eric continued, "Ruby Warzone doesn't exist. We searched you from everywhere and we found nothing. Who are you?"

Ruby was shocked that he had made a background check, she didn't think of that. Ruby forgot that anyone with money could access that and find nothing.

More or less, there must be from the time that Shelly took her in. Ruby said cautiously, "I am from a small town in America."

Eric asked, "Where?"

Ruby was trying hold her tears back, thinking of her home town and her ex-mates. Now Jeremy who consumed her mind lately. It didn't hurt to think about her ex-mates that much, as it was about Jeremy. She said, "I can't tell you that."

Ruby's tear slid through her cheek and she quickly wiped it. Ben asked, "Are you okay?"

Ruby pulled a fake smile and said, "Of course. So about me... right... Well, I will not tell you where I am from exactly, but I can say that no one is waiting for me in America, nor they care about me."

Ben reassured Ruby, "That must be not true."

Ruby nodded, "It is."

Ruby cleared her throat and continued, "It doesn't matter because my daughter and the pack adore me. They accept me for me and for that I am grateful."

Luke chip in, "Well, you also accept them."

Ruby truly smiled and said, "That I do."

Ben started, "I think we should."

Ethan quickly followed, "Yes, I am tired."

Daniel continued, "We are sorry about bringing your memories back."

Ruby said, "Don't worry about me, I am completely fine."

Ruby dropped her head to the plane started to zone to a place where she thought about her past. How her father beat and called her name, and so did her pack.

Then, her mates rejected either because he didn't want her or didn't appreciate her. But her next thought was about Elena and how she found her, quickly followed by her pack and that night that changed everything.

Ruby was brought back to the future as remembering those bittersweet memories. Leaving tears and a smile stretched on her face. She wiped her tears slowly and looked at the window.

The moon looked bright and big on the sky, shinning and purifying the darkness. The silence along with that was breath-taking and Ruby lost herself again thinking about London and the changing events.

A strong voice broke her thoughts, "Do you always cry and smile at the same time?"

Ruby jolted and looked frankly at the individual. Ruby said to Eric, "I thought you were gone with others."

He said simply, "I didn't."

Ruby asked, "Why are you still here?"

He said without missing a beat, "I want to know about your past. I know that smile was because of your presence. But what happened on the past, Ruby?"

Ruby broke the gaze and said bluntly, "I don't want to talk about it."

He continued, "I won't tell anyone."

Ruby denied again "I can't."

Ruby didn't want to see his eyes, she just wanted to be left alone. She heard Eric sigh and after a few minutes, he admitted, "My mate died five years ago."

Ruby looked at Eric with sadness and asked, "How?" Eric dropped his head and Ruby wanted to take the sadness away. She continued, "You don't have to tell me."

Eric shook his head and said, "I want to tell you." Eric took a deep breath and continued, "Me and Lizza dated very shortly. As soon as I saw her, I knew I wanted a family with her, so I decided to ask her to marry me but she said no because she was worried about me. She thought that I would regret being with her. Anyway, we decided to take things slow by dating. We dated for six months and then I proposed again and she said yes. We got married the next week and went straight to honeymoon but it was cut short when my Beta called me about rogue's attack. I had pack duties so we flew the next day. We came back and everything was quiet, but after a week they attacked and Lizza was gone. They had killed her. When I found out, I killed them but didn't bring her back. I didn't know how to live without her. So I doubted when you say that you changed them."

Ruby understood his hate for the rogues. She said truly, "I am sorry for your loss. But that is what I want to stop, the killing. I protect only the ones that can be saved, the rest I kill them."

Ruby was lying and she hoped that he didn't catch on. She sent those other wolves to Canada where they could wreck everything around them. Giving full liberty to show who they really were without concerns and they were glad that Ruby was their Alpha. 

Eric nodded and said very distant, "Good." He looked back at Ruby and asked, "What bad things happen in your life?"

Ruby decided to tell her story leaving some parts of her life because she felt that she owed a piece of her to be told. Ruby said zooming out on again and just letting her words flow, "My mother died when I was born. As long as I can remember, I was blamed for my mother's death and that entitled physical and mental torture. There were days that I would blackout, God knows how much they beat me when I would just disappear in darkness. After some time, the pack joined in and the same treatment was followed. Calling names, beatings were now normal."

Eric whispered, "Ruby..."

Ruby wiped the tear from her cheek and stopped, "Don't. Let me tell." Ruby looked outside to the moon and continued, "Then, I meet my mate. He was my Alpha's son, therefore the next Alpha."

Eric asked, "You are a Luna?"

Ruby ignored his question and continued, "When we saw each other, I expected a kiss or a hug, something but all I got was cruel words and a rejection. Quite a treat! When I got home, I was slapped by my father for being late. I somehow managed to get out of his grip and run to my bedroom and took my things. No abler to stay on that hole as nothing kept me there. I run and run and run and then along the way I found my second mate."

Eric whispered again, "Second mate?"

Ruby continued, "And guess what?! He rejected me to because he was in love with someone else. He was supposed to be mine but he was with..."

Eric asked, "Was he another Alpha?"

Ruby nodded and said, "Yes, another Alpha. I didn't want the higher position, never wanted. I wanted adoration and love and me. I wanted him to choose me but he didn't. I was ready to die but--"

Eric shouted, "What?"

Ruby ignored once again and said, "I heard someone shouting and I went to it, finding Elena there trapped by three men. I killed them, the only thing I know is that they were hunters and from there the hatred remained. Elena didn't tell much, but she told me that her old coven killed her parents and wanted to kill her too with a help of hunters. We run away together and we ended here. After that, I found Shelly and she quickly became my mother and teacher. I became the best event planner because of her and she gave her company to me. She has no children so she chose me."

Eric whispered, "I didn't know..."

Ruby looked at Eric with tears on her eyes, "That is my past."

Eric asked uncertainly if he should ask, "How did you meet them? Your pack?"

Ruby said with an emotionless face, "I was having a meeting and I heard commotion at back. When I check two of my wolves were wounded by other wolves and I shot them. Later that day, they came to me and they managed to get a yes from me. I didn't this and they know, but they choose me to protect them and my heart couldn't say no. So I accepted. We learnt many things from each other?"

Eric asked guarded, "Who were the other wolves?"

Ruby shrugged her shoulders, "I just know that they were from Ireland. I ne--"

A third voice shouted, "What?"

*****

Read, vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 489 24
A young girl who lives a not-so-normal life in New York knows something she shouldn't. Will she find her mate, the one true person who can take her a...
956K 19K 24
Meet Evangeline Marie Wisteria - A werewolf who was abused and tortured by her pack, The Moonlight Pack. The rejection of her mate, Alpha Xavier Maxw...
171K 5.1K 26
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended Prequel to All But Rejected Mate. This story is the sad beginning behind the Fury family. It takes three gene...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...