Twilight- The Realistic Versi...

By yasitstori

Have you ever wondered what Twilight would have been like if the lead character had acted like a normal perso... More

~Preface~
1. First Sight
2. Open Book
3.Phenomenon
4. Invitations
6. Scary Stories
7. Nightmare
8. Port Angeles
Port Angeles Pt 2
9. Theory
10. Interrogations
11. Complications
12. Complications pt 2
13. Confessions
15. The Cullen's
14. Mind Over Matter
16. Carlisle
17. The Game
18. The Game pt 2/ The Hunt
19. Goodbyes
20. Impatience
21. Phone Call
22. Hide and Seek
23. The Angel
24. An Impasse
24. Impasse *Continued
Epilogue: An Occasion

5. Blood Type

10.5K 490 237
By yasitstori

I made my way to English in a daze. I didn't even realize that class had already started when I walked in.

"Thank you for joining us, Mrs. Swan," Mr. Mason said in a disapproving tone. I rolled my eyes but decided it was best not to respond.

It wasn't until the end of class that I realized Mike wasn't glued to my side like usual. I didn't really feel much guilt for that. He should learn to take rejection better. He did, however, still seem enthusiastic about the trip he'd planned to La Push. There wasn't supposed to be any rain, and everyone seemed really excited. I tried my best to match their excitement to please Mike.

Jessica and I entered the cafeteria like usual and I instantly searched for Edward. When I didn't see him I did my best to hide my disappointment. Did he go home? Is he okay? Jessica pulled me out of my worrying thoughts when she said, "Edward Cullen is staring at you again. I wonder why he sat alone today."

My eyes followed her gaze and true enough there was Edward giving me a crooked smile. He then raised his hand and motioned for me to come sit with him. In reality I didn't need much persuasion but I pretended to contemplate anyway.

"Does he mean you?" Jessica asked in shock.

"Maybe he needs help with homework or something." I said not feeling like she deserved much of an explanation. When I walked away I could feel everyone's stares burning a hole in my back.

"Why don't you sit with me today?" he asked with a gorgeous smile. I was hesitant to sit but I did.

"This is...different," I noted.

"Well, I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." I tilted my head at him in confusion.

"You know I don't know what hell you mean right?" I said finally.

"Yeah, I know." He then focused his eyes on something behind me then back to my face. "I think your friends are upset with me for stealing you." He laughed.

"They'll survive," I said doing my best to ignore their stares.

"I may not give you back, though." I was a little shook by what he said but I didn't react.

"You look worried." He said suddenly.

"No, I'm just a little surprised. I mean sitting with you at lunch is unexpected."

"I told you that I'm tired of trying to stay away from you. So I'm giving up."

"Giving up?"

"Yes, I am just going to do what I want, and let the chips fall where they may."

"Yep, I'm lost again." I sighed.

"I always say too much when I am talking to you. That's one of the problems." Though I had no idea was he was talking about, I could listen to him speak for hours.

"Don't worry. I don't understand any of it." I said wryly.

"I'm counting on that."

"So in plain English, are we friends now?" I asked.

"Friends...." He trailed off not completing his sentence.

"Or not," I added.

"We can try, but I am warning you. I'm not a good friend for you," he said.

"You keep saying that, yet here I am." I retorted gesturing to the table we were sitting at.

"Yes but you aren't listening to me. If you are smart you'll avoid me."

I gave him an annoyed look, "Did you just call me dumb?" I asked.

He shook his head and smiled showing his perfect white teeth.

"So as long as I am not smart, we will try to be friends," I stated.

"That's right."

I shook my head at how ridiculous the conversation sounded.

"What are you thinking?" He asked while leaning forward. His eyes seemed to take hold of mine. His beautiful golden orbs were unforgiving.

"I am trying to figure out what you are." He leaned away from me.

"Are you having any luck with that?"

"Nope."

"What are your theories?" He chuckled.

"I don't think you should know," I said jokingly.

"That's really frustrating." I tried not to focus on how deep his voice got when he said "really". I could get lost staring at the artwork that was Edward Cullen. He wore a gray t-shirt and dark-colored jeans. His veins stood out on his pale, muscular arms. I wondered if he played sports. He didn't really look like the type but you never know. His hair was in his signature, messy look. I loved his hair. I wanted to run my fingers through it and-"Bella." He called my name making me realize that I had just got lost in la-la land. "Sorry," I said simply.

I continued on as if I had never had a moment. "I can't imagine why that would be frustrating. Thoughts are a private thing you know? And with your little cryptic messages that could keep someone up at night wondering the hell they meant, well now, that's frustrating." I said.

He scowled at me.

" Want to know something else?  When someone does all these bizarre things like saving your life in an impossible situation and never explaining how the hell they did it really gets to ya"

"You've got a bit of a temper, don't you?" he mocked.

"I don't like double standards," I stated and crossed my arms.

He let out a small laugh that broke the silence that had fallen between us.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Your boyfriend seems to think I am being unpleasant with you. He thinks he should come to save you and defend your honor."

"I don't know who you're talking about. I'm sure you are wrong anyway."

"I'm not. I told you, most people are very easy to read."

"Except me, of course," I said with a smile.

"Yes. Except for you," he mused. "I wonder why that is." His eyes intensified on mine and I looked away feeling like he was trying to intrude my soul.

"Aren't you hungry?" he asked.

"No. You?" I responded.

"No," he smirked as if there were some joke I didn't understand.

"Do me a favor, yeah?" I said.

"That depends on what you want," his voice wary.

"The next time you decide that you are just too dangerous to have me in your presence, warn me first."

"That sounds fair." I nodded.

"Thanks." He sighed.

"Now answer my question." He demanded.

"Tell me one of your theories." He said

I laughed knowing that they were all ridiculous.

"Bitten by a radioactive spider?" I proposed. He laughed the loudest I've ever heard.

"Not even close," he teased.

"I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually," I said in a dark tone.

"I wish you wouldn't try." He said seriously.

"Why not?"

"What if not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" he said with a playful smile.

"All girls have a soft spot for the bad guys." I said.

"You're dangerous? I couldn't imagine." I added. I had no doubt in my mind that he could be, but whatever monster he seemed to think he was looked to be a separate entity entirely. He was still light despite his apparent love for darkness. He looked away from my gaze.

"Dangerous but not bad," I stated.

"You're wrong," his voice had become very low. It was obvious that whatever set him apart from everyone else wasn't something he was proud of. It only made my fascination with him double. "I have eyes, Edward. I see you, whether you like it or not. Your actions say otherwise."

"Come on, we're going to be late," I said gesturing to the almost empty cafeteria.

"I'm not going to class today," he said.

"Why not?"

"It's healthy to ditch every now and then."

"Well, I'm going to go." I said knowing that should I get caught it would get back to Charlie faster than I could say grounded.

"I'll see you later then," he said with a small smile.

***

I immediately regretted not skipping with Edward as soon as I noticed what we were doing in class. Testing to find our blood type. Ew no, thank you. The moment I saw Mr. Banner prick Mike's finger, I knew I was done for. Nope, I need to go immediately, as soon as possible. "Bella, you don't look so good." Mr. Banner noted. "Not too good around blood." I retorted.

"Can someone take Bella to the nurse?" He asked the class. He'd barely finished the sentence before Mike volunteered as tribute.

Mike seemed a little too eager as he put his arm around me. We slowly made our way towards the building but I needed a moment.

"Let me sit for a moment, please." I started not really asking for permission.

"Also, keep your hand in your pocket." I added.

"Wow, Bella you really don't look so good."

"Bella?" I heard a familiar voice call. Oh, not now. What if I barf on him? I turned to Edward's tall figure standing behind me.

"Go away."

He chuckled in response.

"I was taking her to the nurse," Mike explained. "But she needed a moment."

Edward scooped me up in his arms as if it were nothing.

"I can take her. You can go back to class," he stated. Mike began to protest but Edward ignored him.

"Put me down!" I protested. Edward had already begun to walk away. I heard Mike call out "Hey!" but Edward ignored him.

"So you faint at the sight of blood? And not even your own blood?" he said.

"Oh, no," the nurse said as we walked through the door.

"She fainted in Biology," Edward explained.

"Blood typing?" she asked.

"Yes," Edward responded.

"There is always one," she chuckled. "Just relax for a moment sweetheart. It will pass."

"You can go back to class," she said towards Edward.

"I'm supposed to stay with her," he said easily.

"Okay​, I will go get you some ice," she said as she walked out of the room.

"You're right. Ditching is healthy." I moaned.

"You had me scared for a moment there. I thought Newton was dragging your dead body off to bury you," he chuckled.

"Ha ha ha," I laughed sarcastically. "I bet he is really mad at you," I told him.

"He absolutely loathes me," he said happily.

"You can't know that," I disagreed.

"Did you see the look on his face?"

"How did you see me? I thought you were ditching." I began to feel my uneasiness fade away.

"I was listening to music in my car."

"Here you go, dear." She said as she handed me the ice bag. "You look better," she noted.

"Yes, I think I'm okay now," I said standing up.

"We've got another one," Mike said as he entered through the door with Lee Stephens on his shoulder. Edward and I gave them the room.

"Oh no, Edward muttered. "Go out to the office, Bella." It didn't take but a second for me to realize why.

"You actually listened," he in a stunned tone. "Don't flatter yourself. I smelled the blood." I stated.

"Humans can't smell blood," he contradicted. I noted how he said "human" as if he wasn't one himself.

"Can too, it smells like rust...and salt," I said. He stared at me like I was some weird scene on animal planet.

"What?" I asked.

"It's nothing."

Mike came from out of the nurse's office and gave Edward a loathing look. So he did know.

"You look better," Mike said to me.

"Just keep your bloody finger away from me." I started cringing at the thought.

"It's not bleeding anymore. Are you going back to class?" he asked.

"No, I would probably just have to come right back again." I told him.

"Are you still coming to La Push?"

"Sure, I told you I was in." I said.

" We are meeting at my dad's store at ten."

"Okay cool," I said feeling like he was doing his best to drag out the conversation. "See you in the gym."

He looked to Edward then back to me and left.

"See, ya," I said.

"Gym......" I groaned. Edward looked at me and shook his head.

"Not up for it?"

"Not at all," I stated. He winked at me then walked to the front desk.

"Mrs. Cope?" he called in a very polite voice.

"Yes?" she said returning his smile.

"Bella fainted in Biology, and she has Gym next period. She still doesn't feel well," he stated. "I was wondering if I could take her home."

"Sure, I will give her an excuse. Do you need one too?"

"No, I am fine."

***

When we left the office I began to walk towards my truck, that was until I felt a cold hand grab my jacket. "Where do you think you're going?" Edward asked.

"Home," I said raising my eyebrow and tugging at his hand.

"I am not letting you drive home in your condition," he said as if I were crazy.

"If you wanted to take me home all you had to do was ask Edward," I said playfully. He just looked at me strangely. He didn't have a response.

"How am I going to get my truck home?" I asked suddenly.

"I'll have Alice drop it off."

The inside of his car was even nicer than the outside. There wasn't any awkwardness like I had predicted. Being alone with him was easy, then again nothing with us ever felt forced.

"What's your mother like?" he asked me suddenly.

"She is very much like me. She's feisty, strong-minded, and young-spirited," I described.

He smiled "She sounds great."

"She is, I miss her very much," I admitted.

"So why did she marry Phil?" he questioned.

"He makes her happy."

"And do you approve?"

"I mean he is a little young, but yeah he is cool. I want her to be happy and he does that for her." I admitted.

"That's very generous.....I wonder," he mused.

"What?"

"Would she extend the same courtesy to you, do you think? No, matter who your choice was?"

"I believe so, but she is a parent. It's kind of different." Did he just ask if my mom would approve of him? Oh wow, and here I was thinking that I was being politely placed in the friend zone.

"No one too scary then?"

"Define scary, multiple piercings and facial tattoos?"

"That's one definition I suppose." He never defined his definition of scary but he went on to ask "Do you think that I could be scary?" I tilted my head at him and really looked at him. I never really thought of him as scary. In fact, when I looked at Edward, the word scary was usually very far from my mind. If only he could see himself through my eyes.

"I believe that anyone is capable of anything. I believe that you could be scary if you truly wanted to."

"Are you afraid of me?" The smile he once had vanished as he spoke.

"Quite the opposite actually. Edward, whatever or whoever you are, it wouldn't actually make a difference at this point."

"And why is that?"

"Because you've made an impact on my life. I believe that grants you full acceptance no matter what. You saved my life even though you didn't really know me. I mean sure, it was the right thing to do, but however you did it, you risked people noticing whatever you're busy trying to hide. I think that's a sign that you aren't as bad as you think you are." I didn't mean to get all philosophical, but I had this rush of emotions that I didn't know I had come up all a sudden.

 The look he gave me was one that would make me look away at any other time, but my new found bravery allowed me to look into his golden eyes with no fear of him finding whatever he was looking for.

"So...now you tell me about your family," I said trying to break the tension.

"What do you want to know?"

"The Cullen's adopted you?" I verified.

"Yes."
"What happened to your birth parents?"

"They died many years ago," he said is if he were thinking about some distant memory.

"I'm so sorry."

"I don't have many memories of them. Carlisle and Esme have my parents for a long time now." He stated.

"And you love them," it wasn't much of question.

"Yes," he smiled "I couldn't imagine two better people."

"You're very lucky."

"I know I am."

"And your brother and sister?" I asked.

"My brother and sister, and Jasper and Rosalie are going to be very upset if they have to stand in the rain waiting for me."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess you have to go." I wanted nothing more than to sit and talk to him for hours on end. I felt myself growing an attachment to him. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not yet. An attachment to someone like Edward, someone with secrets, could end horribly for me.

"You probably want your truck back before you have to explain your day to the Chief."

"I'm sure he had heard already. There are no secrets in Forks."

"Have fun at the beach... great weather for sunbathing," he smirked.

"Won't I see you tomorrow?" I asked trying not to sound too hopeful but I'm sure I did.

"No Emmett and I are going to be taking an early weekend."

"What are you going to do?" I asked feeling like I was being nosey.

"Hiking in the Goat Rocks Wilderness, just south of Rainier."

"Oh well have fun," I said with a smile.

"Will you do something for me this weekend?" He turned to me with a somewhat serious expression. I nodded.

"Don't be offended but you seem like one of those people who attract accidents like a magnet so try not to fall in the ocean or get run over." He smirked.

"Nice way to say you care about me. I'll see what I can do." I got out of the car and slammed his door on purpose for his little remark.

He drove away laughing.

***

This is the longest chapter ever. Anyway vote, comment, and stay lit. You know the drill. <3 -Tori

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
160K 4.4K 49
Alexis Nala Stark. Well, that's the name Tony and Pepper gave me when they adopted me from a beautiful place called Wakanda. My life is not normal...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
29.4K 1.2K 29
Batfam/ Jason Todd AU - Imani Thompson is a pretty quiet girl. She likes to be out of the way and in the shadows. She's a scholarship student at Goth...