Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
20. Scary eyes.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.

54.7K 2.5K 309
By spaghetti000cheese

Kate's POV

To say that I wasn't fuming would be the understatement of the century.

4 days.

It's been 4 days that my Elisa has disappeared.

4 fucking days since she called me for help and I couldn't do anything.

I was going to teleport where she was held captive but the fucking phone was cut off.

"Don't lose hope Kate, we'll find her." Caroline said.

I glanced at her and immediately my eyes softened and anger left me.

Gone was the fashion model of the school and was replaced by messy, puffy red eyes from crying Caroline.

She had not left home since I called her to ask if Elisa was with her.

She blamed herself for leaving Elisa out there all alone.

I was so angry at first that I wanted to slap her but I stopped myself from doing so. It's not entirely her fault that Elisa was kidnapped because one way or other that vampire would have found her even if I kept her locked in the house.

"Stop blaming yourself Caroline, you should go home now. Your parents must be very worried." I suggested.

Her parents were searching for Elisa too. Her father was in CBI and that also their Head, so he was doing everything in his power to find my sister.

But how do I tell him that no human on this earth can find Elisa because of the charms, vampires casts around themselves to stay hidden from the world.

"No, I will stay till they find Elisa. Why don't you use your vampire senses to find her?" Caroline asked.

Yup. She knew. When I told Elisa about myself, she came to me after a few days with Caroline and told me to show her my vampire self and that, we can trust her.

Care freaked out a little at first but then she came back to her mad senses and uttered a single word, 'cool'.

We were inseparable since then.

I knelt down in front of her and wiped off her tears, "Trust me, I will call you if I get hold of her, now go. You will go home now and get some rest." I said looking into her eyes, compelling her.

I didn't want to use my powers on her but her health will be affected if she just stayed here and cry out a river.

She just stood up and went out of her door without second glance.

I went to a dresser to remove my earings and opened a drawer. Just as I was about to keep my earrings in it, my gaze fell on an antique pocket watch, I knew he carried always carried it around in his coat's pocket. I took it out and I knew that it stopped working the minute he was dead but it was the only thing that was left behind that would signify that the person I loved with all my heart, actually existed.

Oh Jack! Why didn't you love me back the way I did?

Why did you kill my only family just to break me, just to watch me hurt. Why?

And here I am, still loving you, still wanting you when you killed my father with your bare hands.

Tears fell from my eyes as I clutched his watch to near my heart as if I was clutching him to my heart. I'm so sorry for what I did with you and no amount of explanations can justify how much I regret betraying you.

I love you Jack. With all my heart even if you killed my father, I can't stop loving you because my fucking heart only longs for you.

Just then the door bell rang and I was confused as who would be there. I compelled Caroline, then why is she back? Maybe, I was so stressed that I didn't do it properly and it wore off.

I sighed and wiped my tears.

I went to the door and opened it, "Caroline, I told you--"

I looked up but couldn't believe what I was looking at.

No, no that's not possible, he was gone. Alec killed him in front of my eyes.

No, I must be hallucinating. No one can come back after killing the undead.

But he looked same as before except he has short hair now, back then he had long wavy, buttered walnut hair reaching till his shoulders but now they only reached above his neck. He still had those hazel eyes I used to lose myself in, that I'm losing myself in, now.

"Missed me Kitten?" Only Jack Thompson called me by that name.

Yes, same Jack Thompson that killed my father, same Jack, that wanted to break me, same Jack who couldn't love me because his best friend told him that love doesn't exist. Same Jack, who was so cold-hearted that he even killed small innocent children just for fun.

No, I won't even have a place in hell for loving this type of monster.

I closed the door in his face and laid my forehead on the it.

"That's not the Kitten, I remembered." I turned around to find him standing only a few steps away from me.

Fuck his bona fide speed.

"I don't know why you're still alive and I don't even want to know. Just get the hell out of my house before--"

"Before what? Betraying me again or calling Alec to kill me again?" He said cutting me off.

"Before I disappear this instant." I said to him.

His eyes widened for a moment but the next second he was clutching my wrist.

Fuck it. I have to babble everything, don't I?

"Leave. Now." I said but he just stared at me with an unfamiliar expression.

"No, I'm never gonna leave you now. Please, forgive me for everything I have ever done to you but now I have come to make every wrong, right. I will never make that mistake Kate. Please, I'm so sorry for doing that. I love you, I love you with everything I have and I know that you still love me the way you you did back. I know that I killed innocents but the day Alec killed me and you left me, I changed. I have not killed or hurt a human since 4 centuries, I swear. I lived among them and helped them." His eyes were now pleading and he was clutching my hand to his chest.

The words I wanted to hear forever were now given when I lost everything and was trying to move on.

The words, I so wanted to hear from him.

I slapped him across his cheek and took my hand back from his chest.

He didn't say anything. His face was not even pink from my slap.

"How dare you? How dare you say these things to me after what you've done to me. Don't you have any shame? And how did you even think that I will forgive you let alone love you after you killed my father? I was a naive vampire back then, wanting to carry out every wishes her sire desired but now I am changed. I am changed, I'm strong and I won't fall for you again. I was mad to love a monster like you but now I have brains. Get out now." I said.

My heart was begging me to forgive him but I will not. Not this time.

Yes, I was changed and strong but my heart was the only thing that was same as it was in the past.

"Listen to me Kate, just once, I know that you hate me for killing your father, but there's a reason for it. I didn't just kill your father in rage, I killed him because he wanted to kill you." He said and I wanted to stake him again in his fucking heart.

"You son of a b***h, just to have me back, you are implying that my father wanted to kill her only daughter? How low can you fall? How--"

"If I'm lying then tell me why your father hated me so much, because I know you never told anyone what I did with you. Tell me why your father always used to come in the castle and wander off to differnt rooms evertime? Tell me why your father always used to take out as much information about me from my maids and servants and even you as possible? And tell me why you saw a bag full of stakes, crosses and holy water next to his body?" He asked me and I had no answer because  how do I explain why he had that bag.

"He was going to kill you after he was done killing me. He loved you once but when you told him about you becoming a vampire, he lost his love for you and saw you only as a monster that's supposed to rot in hell." He explained.

I stared in his eyes and with my heart breaking all over again, I saw that he was telling the truth.

My own father wanted to kill me. I got suspicious, when he used to ask about Jack's whereabouts, his daily routine, his business I thought that he was only asking me out of curiosity.

"I killed him because I couldn't take the thought of losing you forever even though I was not aware that I was in love with you  at that time. I know that you betrayed me but I don't care because I love you and I will always love you no matter what you  do with me." He said.

"I loved you once Jack, maybe I still do but I won't forgive you for the way you treated me, crushed me, back then. I may forgive you in future but for now I have too much to take in." I said to him in a soft voice.

"I will wait for you forever Kate. I know that you will forgive me in time." He said.

"But why did my father want to kill you? There were no vampire hunters at that time, then why?" I asked him.

"Because you're father is the one who started the lineage of Vampire hunters. Just like I was the one who started vampire lineage, your father was a bona fide vampire hunter. An orignal." He said and my mouth was sealed shut.

What the hell am I hearing?
*****
Hello my beautiful readers.

Thanks for commenting, you know, everyone of you said that they wanted Kate's POV.

I complied. So how was the chapter? Boring? Should I write their POV's in future?

Anyways, have a nice day and don't forget that you're beautiful.

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...
1.3M 28.8K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
154K 2.6K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...
2.5K 249 20
Ava's been running for years. Running from life, love and pain. It's all she can do to maintain her sanity after a horrible accident stole ten years...