mark of a soulmate [1]

By golden-mads

In Beacon Hills, select people are lucky enough to be born with a birth mark. A special birthmark. The true s... More

summary
trailer / edit
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
epilogue
face claim

chapter nineteen

9.9K 315 35
By golden-mads

Olivia closed her bedroom door, making her way to her closet, to rid her clothes in exchange for new ones.

Walking to her bed, she stopped in place noticed the silk stick out from under it. Once remembering what had happened the other day, she picked it up and sat on her bed, getting comfortable.

She placed the pillow case down, staring at it. Her mother seemed very interested in hiding the file, so maybe she shouldn't open it. But who was she kidding? Olivia was way to curious to put it back without looking.

So, Olivia slowly pulled the file folder out of the pillow case, placing it on top. Taking a breath, she opened the folder, moving the extra papers.

Then she got to the bottom sheet, which was a certificate. Once ready it over, Olivia broke her hand up to her mouth, choking back a sob. Tears began to stream down her face as it registered in her brain.

On the certificate, read:

Certificate of Adoption

This is to certify that

Olivia Martin

has been formally adopted

into the Martin family

By Robert and Natalie Martin

On this 22 of July 1997

Robert Martin (signature)

Natalie Martin (signature)

Hearing someone approaching her room, she quickly hi the papers under her blanket, standing up.

Her bedroom door opened, revealing Lydia.

"Hey? You ready to go to the game?"

"Yep." Olivia grabbed her jacket, leaving the room.

"You alright?"

"You know what? I'm not pretending." Olivia as she let the tears she was desperately holding back fall.

"Olivia, what's wrong?"

"Did you know?"

"Olivia what are you talking-"

"Did you know?" Olivia asked more stern

"Know what? You're going to have to be a bit more sp-"

"Jesus Christ, Lydia that I'm fucking adopted!"

Lydia's eyes widened, "Olivia..."

"You did know."

Lydia sighed, "Olivia, I wasn't allowed to say anything."

"Lydia, who cares?! We're sisters! Sisters tell each other everything!"

"Liv, I am so sorry. Please you can't be mad at me."

Olivia looked down. "I'm not mad." She brought her voice down

"You're not?"

"We just stopped fighting. I don't want to start another one. I just- I feel betrayed."

"Olivia there's no words to describe how sorry I am."

"Just- lets not talk about this right now. I'm not in the mood." Olivia grabbed her keys off the table, taking her own car to the lacrosse game.

Lydia sighed, getting in her own car and following her.

...

Olivia had been sitting in her car parked in the parking lot for a good amount of time, crying.

She slammed her hands on the steering wheel, hitting her head back onto the chair.

"God dammit!" She covered her face with both hands, sobbing into them. Sniffing, she ran her hands through her hair. The tears stopped momentarily, but returned as she dropped her hands.

She jumped as she heard the words from outside of her car, "Hey, Olivia what's wrong?"

Olivia looked away, closing her window.

"Olivia." Stiles began to knock on the now closed glass.

"Come on."

"Just go away." Olivia furiously wiped away her tears, but they continued to pour out.

"What's wrong?"

"Look, I don't need you to see me cry, Stiles! I've already suffered through enough today."

"Aw, come on Olivia. Look, you shouldn't care if people see you cry, all right? Especially you."

"Why?"

"Because I think you look really beautiful when you cry."

Olivia sighed, wiping at her face again as the tears began to stop momentarily. She looked to Stiles, opening the window.

"Stiles, it's really personal and if I start talking to you, I won't stop and I'll pour out all my feelings and end up sobbing."

"Olivia, I'll gladly listen to you."

Olivia looked his in the eyes, nodding.

"Can you give me like five minutes?"

Olivia looked at him frowning.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just... But just stay here, um, continue crying- or not crying if you want, or whatever works for you, um, but just stay here and I'll be right back okay? And then we can talk. About anything. Yeah?" Olivia sighed, looking to him again, lightly nodding.

"Okay, just five minutes." Olivia watched as Stiles sprinted into the school, then turned back, sinking into her seat.

OLIVIA shook her head, inserting her keys into her car, then driving out of the parking lot of Beacon Hills High. It had been an hour since Stiles said he'd be five minuets, and she hasn't seen him since. Olivia hated to admit it, but she was disappointed.

After reaching home, Olivia got out of her car. and the first thing she did after shutting the door to her house, was sprint upstairs and go right into her bed.

"Olivia, honey-" Natalie walked into her daughter's room to see her buried in blankets, crying

"Sweetie what's-" She abruptly stopped, seeing what was laid on Olivia's bed.

"You heard my conversation the other day didn't you?" She sighed, sitting next to her daughter.

Olivia looked at her mother with sad eyes, tear stained cheeks.

"Why have you never told me? My whole life is a lie." Olivia sobbed

"No, no, sweetie." Natalie wrapped her arms around her adopted daughter, stroking her hair.

"Honey, this doesn't change anything. It's not like we love you any less. I love you just as much as I love Lydia, and I really hope you don't hate me for this. I just didn't want to make you feel different."

"I wish you told me." She sniffed

"I know, sweetie. I am so sorry. I just love you so much, and I didn't want you to be hurt. You don't hate me do you?"

"No. I just- I think I need some time to process things."

"Of course." Natalie slowly dropped her arms.

"What can I do to help?"

"Is it alright if I stay at the Florida house for a bit? Just to think and process this?"

Natalie sighed, "I think I can allow that. Not for long though."

"Only for like a month. Maybe less." Olivia nodded

"When do you want to go down?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Sweetie, you still need to pack and figure things out-"

"Mom. Please. I really need this." Seeing the look in her daughter's eyes, Natalie agreed.

"Alright sweetie. I'll go buy your ticket. You should pack." Natalie kissed Olivia's head, then exited her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.8K 15
Liana Martin, yes, Lydia Martin's sister. Compared to her sister, she is not popular and she doesn't date the captain of the lacrosse team. According...
36.7K 1K 57
Stiles was not your average high school student. His life was already crazy enough with his best friend being a true alpha, his boyfriend was also a...
46.1K 1.1K 53
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
1.1K 36 29
Stiles stilinski is a 17 year old boy living in the perfectly normal town of beacon hills. He is in love with his BestFriend Lydia Martin but what wo...