Running Scared

By spaghetti000cheese

A love like no other: book 1 Highest rank : #1 in vampire (21/1) #1 - WINNER of The craze Awards 2017 #2 - WI... More

1. Running scared
2. Woods
3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.
4.New Beginning
5. Taken
Author's note
6. Locked in New Hell
7. The party - part I
8. The party- part II
9. Hidden powers
10. Jealous
11. Mine
12. Memories
13. Never gonna hate you
14. Tears
15. Leverage to take me out.
16. Blood red rose
17. Exquisite
18. Revisiting the Past
19. Missing
21.Everything changed. Everything but my heart.
22. Friend or foe?
23. Second chance.
24. Gifts.
25. Compulsion
26. My first and last one.
27. The soup
28. Should I trust him?
29. Jewel
30. Wards
31. With my life.
32. Couldn't ask for more.
33. Who are you?
34. Candles
35. Incomplete Song.
36. Insane
37. Priceless
38. The voice
39. Queen
40. Heart beat.
41. Decision
42. Gem and ring.
43. Beautifully Tainted.
44. Soul.
45. Like and Love
46. When the time is right
47. Secrets
48. Colours
49. Bow down or Punishment
50. Numb
51. Good and bad.
52. Beast.
53. Destruction
54. Map
55. Broken promises. Shattered heart.
56. Nutella
57. Change
58. Smell
59. Toddler
60. Game on.
61. Mine Forever.
62. Bonjour
63. Love destroys.
Azazel
64. Everything is a lie
65. Turning soft.
66. Break
67. True love
68. Missing him.
69. One last time.
70. Reasons
71. Please.
72. Eradicate.
73. Falling in love.
74. Tricked
75. Song
Icy Rose
76. Uncountable.
77. Taste
78. 12 Nails.
79. Avenge.
80. Possessive
81. Your loving Mother.
82. Redemption
83. Beginning of the end.
84. Fun.
85. Dirty.
86. I'll give you war.
87. Bony Fingers
88. Happy Stories
Epilogue I: Gold Rose
Epilogue II: Forever And Everafter.
Flying Freed

20. Scary eyes.

53.2K 2.9K 351
By spaghetti000cheese

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating yesterday. It was my sister's wedding and I thought that I would do it in the morning but everything was so chaotic and I couldn't do it. Anyways back to story, I know I left a cliffhanger and made you wait for it. Sorry.
****

Elisa's P.O.V

I bolted up suddenly in my bed, I----

There was a wolf howling not so far away from me.

I tried to clear my vision but the light coming from sky was not so bright--

Wait what? Sky? Why in the hell am I looking at sky instead of the ceiling's bedroom?

And why was my bed, no Alec's bed soo hard and smelled of soil.

I brushed my eyes to clear the line of my vision. When it did I was scared to my soul.

Oh my God! What am I doing in Alec's woods in the middle of night.

I tried to stand up but when I put my weight on my hands I screamed in pain.

Olivia's wound was bleeding again from now dirty bandage.

Oh no--

Suddenly I felt as if someone was watching me.

I glanced around and for a moment the scream I so wanted out of my throat was stuck in my trachea.

There, in front of me were menacing red eyes even more frightening than those of vampires during the dance, were looking at my sitting form.

That's why I heard the howl so close to me. Oh my God!I need to move else I'll there desert tonight.

As if hearing my thoughts, more appeared and surrounded me, blocking my any form of escape and kept their oval, angry red eyes on me.

My mind shouted one name and so did I.

"ALECCCCC!"

How is it possible that I ended up here in these frightening woods.

And those wolves, I still remember that they had bright yellow eyes when I first saw them while crossing the woods with Alec to reach the castle.

Then why are their eyes so haunting red now.

I heard a twig snap behind me and saw that they were forming a more close circle around me, as if they were gonna jump on me any second now.

"ALECCCCC!" I called him again and started crying as I felt them growing more close with each second.

I also noticed that however loud I was screaming the wolves seem unfazed by my loud intensity, like my scream was not even reaching their ears. How?

"ALECCC--"

Suddenly I felt a warm tingling sensation on my left hand.

I glanced down to see that Alec's Mother's ring was glowing bright acqamarine color.

I heard the wolves howl and looked back to see that their eyes seemed to stray away from me and on my hand, more specifically on the ring.

What is this?

I moved a little because all the wolves were staring at the ring but curse my luck as the dried leaved under my legs made a loud crunching noise on a dead night.

The wolves snapped their gazes back at me and growled loudly.

They crouched down on their front legs.

Oh my God! This is the end of my life? But I've lived so little and had only two years of happines.

One of the biggest wolf in the pack, supposedly their Alpha, jumped and I closed my eyes and waited for his impact to crush my bones.

Alec.

The impact never came and I waited for it.

My breaths were coming in gasps as I waited for it to come.

I heard a snap of bones but there was not an ounce of pain except for my hand which was screaming at me to unclench the fist I didn't even know I fisted.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked sideways to see that the wolves were backing away from me and disappearing from my sight.

Why?

I moved my gaze in front to see that there was some one crounched in front me.

The man jerked his head up to reveal coppery dark brown wavy hair and I knew who he was.

Alec.

He came. He came for me and not only that, the sound of snapping bones was him breaking the Alpha's jaw.

I wanted to jump in his arms right then but his back was to me and he looked really stiff now.

The other wolves bowed down to Alec and ran away within a second.

Even the Alpha was now nowhere to be seen leaving only my scared self and angry Alec alone.

"Alec?" I called out in a small voice.

The moon suddenly came out of the clouds  and began glowing down at us. I could now see his form more perfectly.

If possible he became more stiff, stood up and turned in my direction.

I think that now I'm going pass out because this was not Alec.

Alec's stormy grey eyes were not cloudy anymore.

No, they were dark, frightening mercury  color that reflected the moonlight in a much scary way.

Why were everyone's eyes so frightening?

First the vampires in the dance, then the wolves and now Alec too?

I don't know how the sudden energy came in my body because I was able to push myself up.

I stood up on shaking legs and began backing away from him.

No this was not my Alec.

He frowned as if he was confused and that frowning made him more scary.

I need to get away from him.

As I took another step back he started making his his way towards me.

"NO! No, stop right there.....don't come near me.....stay back!" I shouted at him and held up my hands as if they could stop him.

"Stop moving away from me Elisa, I'm already losing my patience. I told you not to enter this woods but I think you value you're freedom more than you value you're life." He hissed at me.

I didn't even know what he was talking about. I just knew that he was not my Alec, but he looked just like him except for those eyes. Maybe....maybe he was his twin brother?

Yes, his evil twin brother.

He took another step in my direction and I  screamed at him again.

"Stay back.....go away before my Alec catches you and ends your life. GO AWAY." 

"What the hell are you talking about Elisa?" He yelled at me.

"Go away, if you inflict any harm on me then Alec will kill you...ALECCCC!" I screamed for him again.

He looked a little amused and angry at the same time, "And why do you think that Alec will kill someone for you?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just do. He hates me but I'm very important for him and he will not let anyone near me....he promised me.
   He promised me that he'll always protect me from harm and I know he will. He'll come for me." I don't why I saying this things to him, maybe--

He was in front of me in next second, I didn't even notice that he moved from his spot.

I opened my mouth to scream but his lips sealed my voice and my mind.

He tasted just like Alec. It was as if I was kissing Alec only. How is it that both of them taste the same? Same taste, same electricity, how?

He broke away and I kept my eyes shut.

"I came for you littleone and I kept my promise, open your eyes. It's me, Alec and I don't know why you think that I'm somebody else but I'm not. I don't have any siblings, it's just me." He said.

And with that I opened my eyes to face him.

Only thing is that I don't know if he's telling the truth or lie.

Alec's P.O.V

I don't know what the hell was wrong with her.

She seemed quite normal until I looked at her.

I was a little shaken that I arrived here just in time and not a moment late.

If I was, then she would be dead by now.

I was so fumed that I accidentally killed their Alpha. They took him away to start their mourning over him.

I wanted to scream some sense at her, but  her frightened form stopped me from doing so. Still it couldn't keep away the strain in my voice.

But more importantly, why was she implying that I was someone else?

She kept moving away from me and that brought the anger back. No! She was supposed to come near me and not away go from me.

And when she called me 'my Alec' a feeling of joy filled my dead head heart.

She called me hers.

She called me hers!

I moved towards her in vampire speed and she opened her mouth to scream but I silenced her by kissing her.

It's like I'm always looking for some excuse to kiss her. I could have put my hand on her mouth but no I wanted to kiss her and so I did.

I broke away because I was intoxicated by her lips and said to her, "I came for you littleone and I kept my promise, open your eyes. It's me, Alec and I don't know why you think that I somebody else but I'm not. I don't have any siblings, it's just me."

She opened her beautiful obsidian orbs that were shinning with tears and looked at me with a scared expression.

"Why are you lying? You're not my Alec. Please let me go and I won't tell anyone, anything."

I was frustrated as hell. I wanted to punch something so bad but I refrained myself from doing it. She was scared of me and I didn't want her to be more afraid of me.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked out of curiosity. I know that she wanted to go back to Kate but still.

"I want to go back in Alec's arms."she whispered and few pearls left her eyes as she bit her lip from crying out.

I was shocked. If she thought that I was someone else then why is not asking me to help her? Why did she want me, Alec, back in her arms?

Why did she want to be in my arms when she was the one who ran away from me?

"Why do you want to be in Alec's arms?" I have to know why.

"Will you let me go, if I tell you?" She asked me.

I just nodded my head," Just don't lie." I said to her.

"His arms...they are the most comfortable place in this world. When I'm in his arms, I feel safe, as if nothing could harm me. I feel so nice and protected and they keep my nightmares away from me. I've never felt this safe with anyone else, now please let go as you promised." She explained and I somehow lost myself in her.

She felt safe with me? With a monster who kills anyone without remorse? Why?

At this moment, I wanted to do nothing but take her in my arms and give that feeling to her.

I took her face in my hands gently and said, "It's me only littleone, I'm Alec. Just tell me what is it about me that you're doubting me with someone else? I swear to you I'm Alec Kincaid." I was now desperate to make her believe me.

"You're eyes. They're everything that proves that you're not Alec because my Alec has stormy grey eyes and you have evil, mercury silver eyes." She shouted at me.

Oh no! What did I do. Of course she could not recognise me because she had never seen my beast.

Whenever I feel strong emotions like anger......fear, my beast comes out. But it's not like it takes over me or destructs everything in sight, in fact my beast is calmer than my real self. It boosts my power in fight. And tries to calm me down when I feel fear. But I've never felt fear. I think I was scared today that I will not reach to Elisa in time that my beast emerged out.

I closed my eyes and willed my beast inside so that my grey eyes can reappear.

"Look at me Elisa, I'm Alec only. Look I've grey eyes again. Just come in my arms and you will feel safe again, I swear." I said to her and she immediately looked in my eyes.

For a moment her eyes filled with relief but that relief was again clouded by fear.

Son of a b***h.

"How do I know that you're not pulling out some sort of trick?" She asked me.

I sighed, "Really Elisa? Didn't you feel the current when I kissed you? The tingling sensation that I know you feel when I kiss you? Don't you know how I taste when I kiss you? Why can't you believe me?" I sighed. " Alright ask me anything that you've shared with me and I'll answer it correctly." It seemed the only way to make her believe.

"What happened just before I met you?" She asked and I knew that she didn't share her past with anyone but me and maybe Kate.

"You ran away from your home because Henry was gonna ra--"

She jumped in my arms without hearing the rest, "You came. You came for me Alec." She sighed in my arms and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I brought her more close to me. Her head was on my shoulder and her feet were barely holding the ground, her hair was teasing my chin as I took her scent in.

With one hand I pushed her hair back and whispered in her ear, "I'll always come for you, my Elisa."
****

Phew! Big chap.

Thanks for reading!

Until then hugs and see ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 249 20
Ava's been running for years. Running from life, love and pain. It's all she can do to maintain her sanity after a horrible accident stole ten years...
238K 7.8K 24
"I hate you, I hate everything about you. You're no better then the devil." Tears flowed from her eyes like a rainy day. " You believe I'm the devil...
877K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
292K 16.8K 32
My name is Abby Blair. I write erotic romance. I don't practise what I preach, though. With a string of failed relationships behind me, my books are...