supernova (11th doctor)

By astra0

"Rule one: The Doctor lies to everyone, except Nova. Rule two: Nova tells the truth to everyone, except the D... More

Area 51
The Eleventh Hour (pt 1)
The Eleventh Hour (pt 2)
The Eleventh Hour (pt 3)
The Beast Below (pt 1)
The Beast Below (pt 2) / Area 51 (pt 2)
The Beast Below (pt 3) / Area 51 (pt 3)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 1)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 2)
Victory of the Daleks (pt 3)
Time of Angels (pt 1)
Time of Angels (pt 2)
Time of Angels (pt 3)
Flesh and Stone (pt 1)
Flesh and Stone (pt 2)
Flesh and Stone (pt 3)
Vampires in Venice (pt 1) / Tests (pt 1)
Vampires in Venice (pt 2)
Vampires in Venice (pt 3)
Amy's Choice (pt 1)
Amy's Choice (pt 2)
Amy's Choice (pt 3)
The Hungry Earth (pt 1) / Tests (pt 2)
The Hungry Earth (part 2) / Tests (part 3)
Cold Blood (pt 2)
Cold Blood (pt 3)
Case
The Lodger (pt 1) / Court (pt 1)
The Lodger (pt 2) / Court (pt 2)
The Lodger (pt 3)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 1)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 2)
The Pandorica Opens (pt 3)
The Big Bang (pt 1) / Court (pt 3)
The Big Bang (pt 2)
The Big Bang (pt 3)
A Christmas Carol (pt 1) / Trial (pt 1)
A Christmas Carol (pt 2)
A Christmas Carol (pt 3)
book 2 now available

The Hungry Earth (pt 3) / Cold Blood (pt 1)

8K 373 159
By astra0

"That creature, do you think it was an alien?" Mo asked, cautiously following Amy though the underground tunnels after they narrowly escaped further experimentation. "Any more of them, do you think?"

Amy saw a shimmer of light before her, and smiled. "Funny you should ask that."

The man turned to her confused, before realizing what had just appeared in front of him.

888

I stumbled a little upon entering the Doctor's universe again, noticing the ground beneath me was somewhat like dirt. I tried not to make any noises of discomfort as the cross-universal pain hit me again, and once the ringing in my ears faded, I could hear who I was with, and felt a hand caressing my hair.

"Shh, I know, Mo, she'll get over it right now!" A Scottish voice snapped.

A different, wales voice spoke in disbelief. "But, how did she—".

"Science. Magic. Whatever works for you, I'm Nova," I sighed, reaching out my hand to shake his, still trying to even out my breathing, recovering from the pain. "And you're Amy, not the Doctor." I realized, as Mo let go of my hand after only a brief second.

"Uh, yeah?" Amy confirmed, trying not to be offended as we continued walking through the tunnels.

"No, I mean, I usually turn up near the Doctor, near the Time Lord, probably. So if I'm with you it means he's probably also around here somewhere," I explained.

Amy squinted at me, pondering the possibility, before becoming distracted by a door to her left. "Hey, I wonder where this leads?"

"Maybe it's a way out of here," Mo hoped.

Amy pressed the button, revealing a completely white area that seemed to be some sort of stasis room, with a young boy inside, some green plant-like attachments stuck to his face. 

I stepped back so Mo could see through the door window instead. "Or maybe not."

"Oh my god, no." Mo whispered.

"What is it?" Amy worried.

Mo struggled to somehow get the door open. "Oh god. It's my son. It's Elliot. What have they done to him?" he stepped back so now Amy could see through. "He's in there. We have to get him out! Elliot? Elliot, it's Dad!"

"Stop it!" I held Mo's arms back. "Look at him, I know it's hard to believe but he's fine. This screen is monitoring something and he seems to be in a stasis chamber. They're keeping him alive and healthy. I know this species, they're called Silurians, Homo Reptilia, and they're very similar to humans." It wouldn't hurt to confess what I knew to him to calm him down if Amy already knew about my foreknowledge.

"How do you know? What are you?" Mo began to worry, still not trusting me after seeing me literally appear out of thin air.

I gulped. "Uh, scientist. Also, kind of an alien. Though, also an alien scientist..."

Mo panicked, yanking his arms away from mine, until Amy turned around.

"Mo, I told you, she's fine! She's good! She's my friend, see?" Amy grabbed my hand and held it up before him, pointing to the monitors on the wall with her other hand. "Look, she's right. See these screens? Vital signs—heartbeats, pulses, why else would he be wired up? He's still alive." Amy still held up my hand to him, jerking it around as she explained herself.

Mo was still frazzled. "Alright. We find weapons, get that creature from the lab and force it to release Elliot, yeah?"

I opened my mouth, about to protest the forcing-weapon plan, when Amy yanked down on my hand she was still holding. "Yeah. Trust me. We'll get him out."

888

Ambrose sat on a bench in the graveyard, holding her son's headphones when Rory approached. "Ambrose."

She didn't even look at him. "You lied. You told us you were the police."

"It was a misunderstanding..."

"Who are you? You and the Doctor?" She turned to look at him now, with glassy eyes. "Why is this happening to us? What did we ever do?"

"The Doctor will get your son back, I promise. In the meantime, we take turns guarding the creature." Rory kept his voice low, trying to calm her down.

"Oh, so that's it? We just sit and wait!" Ambrose barked.

"And then we exchange her for your family." Rory crouched down beside her. "I promise you, Ambrose, I trust the Doctor with my life. We stick to his plan. We keep that creature safe."

Ambrose glared at him, turning back to sulk, staring at the peaceful scene before her.

888

The Doctor screamed in intense pain as he was strapped back to stand under a green laser that kept glossing over his frame, scanning him, and hurting him.

"How can they have escaped? This proves all prisoners should remain under military guard," Restac, the military leader, spat at the scientist. 

"I'm sure you'd prefer to be in charge of everything and everyone, Restac, but we rank the same," Malohkeh, the scientist, retorted, over the continuous screams of the Doctor. "Is there any word from Alaya?"

Restac looked away. "No."

"It's fine to show concern, you know. She's part of your gene-chain." The Doctor stopped screaming for just a few moments, as the scientist stepped over to a different panel. "I'm decontaminating now."

The Doctor widened his eyes. "Decontamination? No, no, no!" He screamed in pain again, his entire body shaking and vibrating and draining of energy even more than before.

"It's alright, it won't harm you. I'm only neutralizing all your ape bacteria." Malohkeh responded calmly against the Doctor's screams.

"I'm not an ape. Look at the scans. Two hearts. Totally different, totally not ape!" The Doctor struggled to explain through his teeth, the pain forcing his entire body to shiver. "Remove all human germs; you remove half the things keeping me alive!"

Malohkeh powered off the system, and the Doctor calmed down while Restac grew angry. "No, complete the process!" She demanded.

The Doctor focused on regaining his breath. "Oh, that's much better, thanks. Not got any celery, have you? No, no, not really the climate. Tomatoes, though. You'd do a roaring trade in those. I'm the Doctor." He smiled, before looking to his side. "Oh, and there's Nasreen. Good."

Nasreen awoke to Malohkeh shining something on her face. "Oh, green man!"

"Hello. Who are you?" The Doctor asked the Homo Reptilia glaring in front of him.

"Restac, Military Commander." She stated, a hint of pride in her tone.

"Oh dear, really? There's always a military, isn't there?"

"Your weapon was attacking the oxygen pockets above our city." Malohkeh explained to him.

"Oxygen pockets? Lovely! Oh, but not so good with an impending drill... Now it makes sense." The Doctor connected.

"Where is the rest of your invasion force?" Restac stepped closer to the Doctor in an attempt to be intimidating.

"Invasion force, me and lovely Nasreen? No. We came for the humans you took—and one Time Lord, though I assume she escaped," The Doctor knew Nova would have the strength and intelligence to use her locket if she went through the same pain he did. "And... to offer the safe return of Alaya. Oh wait, you and she, what is it, same genetic source? Of course you're worried, but don't be, she's safe." He assured her.

"You claim to come in peace..." Restac stepped away, and motioned for some of her army to approach the Doctor. "But you hold one of us hostage."

"I don't negotiate with apes. I'm going to send a clear message to those on the surface," Restac declared to Malokeh.

She was speaking to just Malohkeh, but the Doctor could hear. "What's that?"

Restac turned to the Doctor again. "Your execution."

888

"These chambers are all over the city," Amy observed, pressing her hand into a pod that lit up two doorways containing immobile Silurians.

"Turn it off, quick, they're not moving!" Mo panicked.

"No, wait..." I walked back over to the pod where Amy stood. "I think it's okay," I slipped my hand into the pod, the doorways lit up, and the glass doors in front of them slid up, allowing us to step inside with them.

"Oh my god, you're both mad!" Mo realized, as Amy and I both stepped into one of the chambers slowly.

"They have masks on." I commented.

"They're sleeping," Amy whispered.

I shrugged, getting abnormally close to the Silurian's face and trying to contain my excitement. "They're hibernating!"

Amy nodded, before crouching to the ground, and noticing they were standing on some sort of metal discs. "I wonder what these are?"

I pointed above us, to tubes that seemed to have the same circumference as the discs. "Look up. Take a guess," I helped, wanting her to figure it out herself.

Amy pondered a moment, before gasping. "Wait. I've got it. It's how they came up to the surface. Some sort of powered transport discs. It's our way out of here."

I smiled at her. "You got it!"

"Even better, weapons," Mo reached out to remove the gun from one of the sleeping Silurians. "Now we can fight back."

Amy looked to me, raising her eyebrows. There were only two weapons available. "You guys can take those," I offered, nervously tucking a hair strand behind my ear. I knew how to shoot a gun, of course, but I felt wrong about it in this situation.

I began walking ahead of them to a door at the end.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" Mo asked me.

I smiled at him. "Not at all."

888

Rory and Tony rushed over to where Alaya was held when they heard screaming, finding her writhing in pain on the ground, and Ambrose standing a few feet away with a Taser pointed at her.

"Ambrose, what have you done?" Tony asked, defeated.

"She kept taunting me about Mo and Elliot and you!" Ambrose tried defending herself frantically, while Rory tried tending to Alaya's wounds on the ground.

Ambrose still held her weapon up shakily, with tears in her eyes. "We have to be BETTER THAN THIS!" Tony growled, firmly shaking the weapon out of her grasp.

"She wouldn't tell me anything!" Ambrose shrieked. "I thought sooner or later she'd give in, I would have done! I just—I just want my family back, Dad."

"I'm sorry," Rory kneeled by Alaya's side. "How do we help you? Tell us what to do."

"I knew this would come; and soon the war," Alaya barely croaked.

"You're not dying. I'm not going to let you, not today!" Rory decided, but it was already too late. Alaya gasped her last breath in victory, and the others in the room looked to each other in fear, knowing they were doomed.

888

"You're not authorized to do this!" Malohkeh condemned, following Restac as she led some members of her army along with Nasreen and the Doctor into the courtroom in chains.

"I am authorized to protect the safety of our species while they sleep!" Restac grunted.

"Oh, lovely place. Very gleaming!" The Doctor absorbed. The courtroom did in fact appear to be gleaming—rarely used and sparkling clean, high and mighty.

"This is our court and our place of execution." Restac glared at him.

888

"Let them go!" I called, walking into the courtroom swiftly with Amy by my side, holding up the weapon.

"Amy and Nova! Now there's some girls to rely on," The Doctor cheered, smiling brightly.

I felt a twinge in my head, and knew what was coming.

"You're covered both ways, so don't try anything clever, buster," Amy threatened Restac, who was slithering in front of her.

"Amy," I called, sounding drained. I tried my hardest to concentrate on my surroundings, trying not to let the sensation I knew was coming overtake me.

Amy only had to turn to me to a brief second to know what was about to happen. "Oh god, not now, Nova! Worst timing today, seriously!"

"What is she doing?" Restac hissed, turning back to the Doctor for an answer.

"Agh, I'm sorry!" I shouted, strained, as a memory took over my brain, and my body froze upright, though feeling a painful sensation before I was completely overwhelmed.

888

"This is such a bad idea!" I screamed, as multiple people, strapping me down so I had to stand upright, forced me back onto a machine. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my face.

"This is not only for your own good, but for the good of our civilization." A woman beside me declared in monotone, as if she weren't about to stab me and possibly kill me. No—she thought what everyone else in the room thought: that this was their only option, so the consequences didn't matter anymore.

Although there was a very bright light beginning to shine in my eyes, I could still make out the people watching me from the stands around me if I squinted hard enough. My squint was also more of a glare at the moment. "I would hardly call anyone in this room civilized!" I spat, struggling against my restraints, until someone grabbed my neck and choked me, forcing me to lean back.

"Attention, all. We are gathered here today to witness not only a first, and only trial of an experiment—but the amending of the supernova. Herein may lie our guilt, but also, our hope." The lady's voice echoed throughout the halls. No one cheered, but some clapped. They all knew what they were getting into. They all knew that sooner or later, I would come for them, or I would die. They all knew that both of those possibilities were just as bad.

The choking stopped, and I was able to breathe again, though was still unable to move now that multiple wires and needles were attached to me.

"Any last words before the process begins?" I knew the lady's booming voice was asking me this, despite the fact that I couldn't see her, and everyone else in the room could also hear it.

Painfully, I moved my head down just a little, as much as I could, so I could get the perfect view of a man standing before me in the distance. He stood regally, sternly, and powerfully—but I knew the emotion that hid in his eyes. Perhaps, at this point, I was the only one left who knew.

I swallowed hard. I was ready to face what was coming. I knew what was going to happen. It might work, but I knew what my first self was like. I knew I would figure out what the right thing to do was. I had faith in myself.

I didn't want to let any of these people know that. I didn't want to be remembered here as some sort of delusional activist, crazed scientist, or a mere vessel for experiment. I wanted them to remember me as the symbol calm of hope I was always meant to be.

I chose my next words carefully. They may have sounded insane or weak, but really, they were perfect. Soon, everyone on the planet would know them, and everyone on the planet would feel the same way about it, because naturally, they all underestimated me. But right now, that's what I needed them to do.

I shook my head ever so slightly at the man in front of me.

"I thought you loved me."

And then I felt the pain, surging into me like a thousand collapsing stars.

888

Restac easily yanked Nova's stiff form to the ground, and also removed Amy's weapon while throwing her to the ground, also. "And you!" she pointed the weapon to Mo, disarming him.

"Don't you touch them!" The Doctor shouted.

"All right, Restac, you've made your point," Malohkeh sighed.

Restac strode up to him. "This is now a military tribunal. Go back to your laboratory, Malohkeh."

They hissed at each other. When Malohkeh noticed Amy looking on in fear, however, he stopped, and lowered his head. "This isn't the way." He walked off, an idea in mind.

"Prepare them for execution." Restac ordered her group, once Malohkeh left the room.

"Okay, sorry. As rescues go, didn't live up to its potential," Amy admitted, as the five of them were shackled to a pair of columns with their hands behind their backs—Mo, Amy, and Nova on one, with the Doctor and Nasreen on the other.

"I'm glad you're okay," the Doctor smiled at her, despite the situation.

"Me too. What's going on with her, though?" Amy motioned to Nova, who was on the opposite side of the column, shivering violently, yet completely neutral in her facial expression.

"It's another flashback, but more powerful. She's having a physical reaction to this one. Must be... painful," The Doctor concurred, looking at her shivering form besides Amy with concern, wanting nothing more than to go over to her and do something about it.

"But she'll snap out of it like she always does, right?" Amy asked hopefully.

"Right," the Doctor concurred.

"Yeah.... Lizard men, though?" Amy finally allowed herself to marvel, not sure if she was allowed to add how Nova knew what they were.

"Homo Reptilia. They occupied the planet before humans— now they want it back." The Doctor explained briefly.

"After they've wiped out the human race," Nasreen added.

"Right!" A new level of panic crossed Amy's features. "Preferred it when I didn't know, to be honest."

The Doctor kept staring at Nova, hoping that maybe somehow it would get her out of this state faster, but nothing was changing, and he was just forcing himself into more worry.

"Why are they waiting? What do you think they're going to do with us?" Nasreen queried.

The Doctor finally looked ahead of him, noticing the Silurians all standing in a row, facing them, their weapons at hand.

A hologram appeared before them, and Restac spoke to it. "Who is the ape leader? Who speaks for the apes?"

After a brief moment, Rory's face appeared in the hologram. "I speak for the... humans. Some of us, anyway."

"Do you understand who we are?"

Rory hesitated. "Sort of. A bit. Not really."

"We have ape hostages." Restac's tone was completely hostile.

The screen widened, and Rory was able to see the whole room on his end. "Doctor! Amy! Nova!"

Ambrose also came into the hologram when she spotted her husband. "Mo! Mo, are you okay?"

Mo smiled. "I'm fine, love. I've found Elliot. I'm bringing him home."

Rory sighed of relief. "Amy, I thought I'd lost you."

"What, cause I was sucked into the ground? You're so clingy." Amy smiled.

"Tony Mack!" Nasreen shouted.

"Having fun down there?" Tony also appeared.

"Not to interrupt, but just a quick reminder to stay calm!" The Doctor interrupted.

Restac focused the screens back on her. "Show me Alaya. Show me, and release her immediately unharmed, or we kill your friends one by one."

"No!" Ambrose protested.

"Ambrose," Rory tried.

"Steady now, everyone," the Doctor also tried, weary of what was happening on the other end.

Tony held her daughter back. "Ambrose, stop it!"

"Get off me, dad!" Ambrose cried, removing herself from his grip before returning to the screen. "We didn't start this!"

"Let Rory deal with this, Ambrose, eh?" The Doctor suggested.

Ambrose didn't care. "We are not doing what you say any more. Now, give me back my family!"

A moment of tension swept across both rooms, when really, Restac had already made her decision. "No. Execute the girl!"

The girl they were motioning to was Amy, and Rory immediately pushed Ambrose out of the way. "No! No, wait! She's not speaking for us!"

"There's no need for this," The Doctor was still trying to keep everyone calm.

"Listen, listen. Whatever you want, we'll do it!" Rory pleaded.

"Aim," Restac commanded, ignoring everyone's cries as the members of her army pointed to Amy.

"Amy!" Rory cried.

"Rory!" Amy cried back.

"Don't do this!" the Doctor warned.

The screen went blank, and Restac gave her order. "Fire!"

"Stop!" A new voice boomed through the courtroom.

888

"Stop!" An echoing voice shook me from my memory.

I didn't know when it had started—but tears where flowing freely down my face and I couldn't bring myself to stop them. I was still shaking a little, and gasping violently, as if I had just come up from being underwater.

"Nova! Thank goodness," the Doctor breathed, noticing I was awake now.

I gave him a weak smile before quickly snapping my gaze away from him. I knew I should tell him what I had discovered, but I was afraid. It wasn't thoroughly explained, but a part of my consciousness knew exactly what happened, and almost couldn't believe it. But I was sure. 

Not for the first time, I was terrified of myself—of whoever I used to be.

"You want to start a war while the rest of us sleep, Restac?" A new Silurian followed by another scientist Silurian strode through the room calmly. I was able to regain my composure myself by focusing on their conversation.

"The apes are attacking us!" Restac defended.

"You're our protector, not our commander, Restac. Unchain them." He ordered, stopping at the other end of the table.

"I do not recognize your authority at this time, Eldane." Restac hissed.

Eldane only smiled peacefully. "Well then, you must shoot me."

Restac angrily strode up to the Silurian scientist behind him. "You woke him to undermine me!"

"We're not monsters. And neither are they." The scientist knew.

"What is it about apes you love so much, Malohkeh?" She retorted bitterly.

"While you slept, they've evolved. I've seen it for myself." Malohkeh marveled. He reminded me a lot of some scientists I knew; the ones that may have done some harmful things, but overall had good intentions.

"We used to hunt apes for sport. When we came underground, they bred and polluted this planet!"

"Shush now, Restac. Go and play soldiers. I'll let you know if I need you." Eldane demanded, somehow in complete tranquil.

"You'll need me, then we'll see," Restac glared, before striding out of the room with her firing squad behind her.

When she left, everyone was released from their chains, and the Doctor moved over to me before I could even move down the steps to the table.

"Nova, are you okay?" He asked, cupping either side of my face gently with both hands.

Once I had become aware of my surroundings in the room, I was able to stop myself from crying and keep my cool. But my face was still wet, the new information about myself was terrifying, and for some reason—someone asking me if I was okay when I least expected it always seemed to break me. "Yeah, I—I just," I couldn't stop the tears from falling again.

The Doctor moved his arms around me and held me closely, rubbing my back soothingly. I pressed my face into his chest, hating the sounds of my own sobs, but quieting them with the sound of his heartbeats. It was comfortingly distracting, until I was back to normal, and suddenly remembered my reality again.

"Doctor," I pulled away reluctantly, staring at the floor, not being able to look him in the eye. "On Gallifrey—I know what they did to me."

A/N: CLIFFHANGER! What they did to Nova, which will be explained in the next chapter, has a LOT to do with not only who she was- but why she's there now- with a new life, an erased memory, and with the Doctor. It will be a very long time before all the pieces are connected, but with more of them showing, maybe someone will figure it out! And notice how they already mentioned a supernova, and this flashback was definitely years, maybe even centuries ago? Hmm... So what do you think it is? Remember that it has a lot to do with Gallifreyan history!

I FINALLY finished finals, so expect more very soon! Love you guys, (even though there's like, 5 of you total lol) thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 1.2K 54
"Rule number one Marcie tells the truth to everyone. Except the Doctor. And rule number two. The Doctor lies to everyone except Marcie."
4.1K 216 19
This story has been discontinued, and is complete as it will ever be. Check the final chapter to read what would have happened. ...
4.3K 31 49
{PART 1 OF AN ONGOING SERIES} Life has its struggles, especially when one is born different from everyone else on the planet. Nova Susan Song is no o...
49.6K 2.8K 76
where a boy meets an alien and travels the universe Book 1 of the Spaceman Series. 334,926 Words Part One- approx 101,649 words Part Two- approx 1...