Straight through the Heart

By lystrandra

-Story #2 of Nerd in Disguise- The name's Naomi Jax Smith. People call me Jax for short. The dude to my 3 o'c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 19

8.6K 467 140
By lystrandra

"So." I say glumly.

"So." Rob replies just as glumly.

"Do you know how to break out of these chains?" I cock my head towards the chains bound around my body. This is the first time I have been bound like this. I don't really know how to break myself out of this. 

"Mom and dad weren't able to squeeze all of Houdini's tricks into our minds to prep us for this." Rob sighs before trying to struggle out of his binds. Unfortunately, his metal chair and chains bounded around his body doesn't really give him much room to escape in.

I realize that we have no way of escaping.

"What can we do? Rob?" I look to him in hopes of some sort of plan. I'm coming up dry, so I hope he has something cooking in that brain of his. 

"Damn, I really don't know." Rob grimaces in a defeated fashion.

"So...we just wait." I frown. "Do you think the twins will find us this time?" 

"I don't know Jax. I really don't know. It might take a while for them to find us." Rob states. Then, he adds, "We need to assume that nobody is coming for our rescue."

We are silent for a moment as we realize the sticky situation we are in. 

"I'm going to nap." I decide. 

"You're crazy." Rob looks at me and laughs. His laughs are cut short by winces of pain. I am a little worried over his injuries but there's really nothing I can do.

"I might as well save up energy." Now that I mention it, I can really feel how tired my body and mind is right now. My eyelids feel heavy. I think I could fall asleep right here and now. It won't be comfortable sleeping in a stand up position, but I know the chains will hold me up so it doesn't matter in the end.

"Rest up Rob." I say before I let sleep claim me. 

****

"Wakey wakey." I'm roughly nudged by something cold and hard. I grimace at the barrel of a gun that knocks against my skull. I blink once or twice to clear my vision before coming face to face with one of the bodyguard's face. For a second, I'm a little confused at where I am. Then, it dawns on me and my first instinct is to headbutt the bodyguard. 

Unluckily for the bodyguard, he senses my intentions and backs up before I can head butt him. He seems unfazed as he does this before walking back to his pals. I don't see Rob anywhere, which alarms me. 

I glance around and panic a little when I see he's missing. 

"Don't worry sweetheart. Your dear brother will be back." A familiar looking man reassures me. I glance at him for a second longer. I try to place him somewhere. I don't know why he looks so familiar. The headache pounding in my skull is back and it's hard to focus. 

Think. I try to force myself to analyze him.

It takes a little longer before I realize he's the man who kidnapped me a while ago. It was before that woman came and saved the day. I still wonder who that woman is. Anyways, it's the same evil looking old guy who took me captive last time. 

I struggle against the chains as I itch to punch that smug look off his face.

"It's not your turn yet. Don't worry. You'll get your turn." He says so sincerely you would think he's talking about something normal. I narrow my eyes at him because my mouth is covered and I can't spout expletives at him.

He and the strangers surrounding him talk amongst themselves. I cannot hear what they are talking about but judging from the scene, I know that he has to be one of the men in charge. People are bumbling about in the warehouse and I can see they are busy doing something. I'm itching to find out what they are up to, something not good of course. 

It also bothers me immensely with the fact that everyone is ignoring my presence. They're just roaming around with their business as if they don't see me bound in chains. I do notice that the few women who are walking around shoot me furtive looks before carrying on with their duties. They all walk in and out of the doors I entered in after talking to the man. Eventually, only he's left. 

Irritatedly, I watch as he looks at his phone and barely pays attention to me. Then, he leaves.

I'm not a very patient person. I want to know here and now where my brother is, where that man has went, and what the hell my captives want from me. 

I wait.

And wait.

I am about to explode from waiting before I see my brother dragged in. He's thrown onto the ground by the two men who brought me in this warehouse opening. I watch as they meticulously bound my brother's wrists and ankles before chaining him to the post I'm chained on. Then, they unbound me and take me.

I struggle but the two of them only tighten their grip painfully. I wince in sudden pain before surrounding in defeat. They are surprisingly much stronger than I have ever expected. I worry about Rob as he lays very still against the ground. I can't tell if he's breathing for his face is turned away from me. I can only hope he's okay, but his clothes are extremely dirty from grime and blood. 

This time the men cover my head with a dark sheet before bringing me to who knows where. They don't make a peep. 

I'm dragged and bound to a chair before the sheet is yanked away from my head. I squint against the sudden change of light. The two goons attach me to some sort of device before they stand behind the man from earlier. At first, I think it's a lie detector device but as I examine the device I discard the thought. My father taught Rob and I how to beat a lie detector device back when we were in middle school. This doesn't really look anything like it. The nodes are attached to my wrists and temples. 

"Your brother isn't much of a talker."  His deep, slightly accented voice states. His piercing blue eyes analyzes me a second longer than I prefer. I feel uncomfortable as he glances at me. It feels like he is looking within me. 

I would have quipped back something smartly but my mouth remains covered. He reaches over and unties the cloth in my mouth. I cough nastily and spit out to get rid of the taste in my mouth. I was aiming for his nicely polished shoes but he steps back ahead of time. 

Who wears nicely polished shoes and a suit to a kidnapping? 

This time, he wears an all black suit with an unbuttoned collar. He puts on black gloves that his goon hands him before glancing at me once again. 

This dude creeps me out.

"What's your name?" He catches me off guard with that question.

I bite back a snarky response and merely glare at him.

"When I press this button, it sends a little shock to you. I would advise you to answer my questions when I ask the first time." He states as he shows the small remote in his hand. He presses it and I feel a jolt of electricity run through my body.

And it's not a little shock. I tense up at the sudden electric shock. It's unpleasant. It feels like a hundred ants are crawling throughout my body and they suddenly bit me. If this is a small shock, then I don't want to imagine what it feels like when he ups the voltage. 

My parents forget to teach me how to make it through torture. I think they didn't have the heart to teach us it. What parents want to teach their kid how to survive torture? Then again, my parents did shoot me with real bullets and slice me with knives before. 

"What's your name?" He repeats again.

"Jax." I reply. There's no harm in answering the small questions.

"Full name." 

"Naomi Jax Smith."

"Who are your parents?" 

"Jacob Smith and Shay Ricca." 

"Siblings?"

"One brother, Robin Matthias Smith." 

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"Kill worthless bastards like you." I smile sweetly. C'mon, my crass nature was bound to slip. 

He doesn't bat an eye as he increases the voltage and presses the shock button. 

This time I can't hold back the pain and scream a little. When the volt of electricity passes and I feel better enough to respond, I say, "Is that all you got?" 

"You wanted the truth." I shrug. My parents jail people like him.

And he presses the button once more. I think he increased the voltage once more. The shock of electricity runs through my body in a fiery pain that I have never felt before. It feels like my mind and body is burning from within. Is this what it feels like to be burned alive? I don't know how long this goes on for but it feel like forever. Eventually, the electric current is gone and I find myself heaving in pain. As I catch my breath, I weakly smile the best I can to show him I still have some fight within me. 

"Do you know what your father did?" He smiles a catlike empty smile.

"I know what he's going to do to you when he finds you." I give him the best replica smile I can muster. 

The snarky responses don't stop.

So do the shocks.

I feel the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. I hear someone scream agonizingly in the background and it takes me a while to realize that someone is me. Once the shock is over, I heave forward and puke out whatever is left inside me. I'm half grossed out and half exhausted. I can feel the fight within me die a little since that was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. I don't want to feel that anymore. 

The man curses in a foreign language as he bangs the control remote against his arm. As luck would have it, it seems the remote or machine is malfunctioning. He probably overused it. 

That makes me slightly hopeful. However, that last run of electricity sucked the life out of me. I feel drained of all energy. I don't even think I could stand up if they propped me up. 

"There's two of you. We only really need one of you. I can dispose of you right here." He speaks up calmly and smiles deadly.

I cannot say that doesn't make my heart skip. I don't want to die, but I also cannot see what use he has for both me and Rob. I think about this deeply before realizing he does have use for both Rob and me. Rob and I are each other's leverage. And I know he's after my father, who will do anything to have both Rob and I back. 

He's bluffing. 

The puzzles are slowly piecing itself within my brain. 

I call his bluff. "Fine. Kill me then." I challenge him. 

"You're expendable."

"That's what you think." He raises his gun and aims it at the middle of my forehead.  

Shit. 

He unlocks the safety and grins chillingly, "Hope you got to say your goodbyes."

And then his phone rings. His face falls in an irritated manner as he reaches over and glances at the phone screen. Sighing, he says to his two men behind him, "Have a little fun with her." And he leaves.

I gulp. Fun could mean anything as his men approaches me dangerously.

I steel myself as they near me. 

"This job can be quite stressful, you know." The heavier set man states. 

"We need to relieve ourselves somehow." The other one agrees. "Your family has made our lives hell." 

I really don't like where this is heading.

Bam. 

I see stars for a second at the sudden pain to my cheek. I'm thrown back against the floor at the sudden punch. The other guy props me up as he lands a punch straight to the gut. I keel over and cough in pain. 

"Didn't your mama teach you to never lay a hand on a girl?" I barely manage to form the words through the pain I'm in. 

"Your family killed our mamas." They both grin as they relish my pain. 

"You're not all bothered that you're beating up a girl tied up in chains." It takes me a while before I can formulate the words clearly. 

"Nope." He says as his left arm swings for a hook. 

I groan painfully as black spots form in my vision. Each blow I take gets heavier and heavier. They must not be holding back for their hits feel twice as heavy as the twins, who never hold back. 

I don't know how long they go for because I soon lose consciousness to the numbing but constant pain....

__________________-

A/N

Lots and lots of gruesome one-sided fighting.

Why did Rob and Jax get captured? Is this leading to the ultimate showdown? Is the man the one we've been waiting for? What's going on?

I'm really trying to build and fix the plot because I realize the story is getting really off tangent. I apologize at how messy the entire plot is :/ That's why this is only a first unedited draft. 

Regardless, I hope you enjoy what more I have to write.

Thank you for the wait.

Happy holidays!

Love,

Lystrandra

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 2K 20
Alexia Garcia is the most feared Gangleader in the world, nobody knows her actually name the people who work for her call her ''boss'' and some don't...
10.3M 358K 61
Caden Miller. Hot, cynical, and notoriously labelled the bad boy of Crestmont High. Attention-seekers flirt with him. Idiots fight with him. The ones...
961 105 20
They murdered my mom and they murdered my brother, leaving me without a family. What do you think I am going to do next? Run? Stay put? Hide out...
4.4K 70 31
**THIS IS UNEDITED ** Kayla and her twin sister Tierra (aka KT Twinz) have been through some ups and downs in life but what happens when they come to...