The Way I Feel About You

By GwenniePoo

Ever since middle school, Edwin Jameson and Stephanie Wright always seemed to be more than friends. On the da... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
An Author's Late Note
2016 Update

Chapter 8

3.3K 111 9
By GwenniePoo

I'm sure your gonna love this chapter:DD

Happy reading.

--------------------------------

Chapter 8

 (Prologue of this chapter:

   The rest of the week was slow and uneventful. School was school. Guys were guys, but all but Edwin. We never talked after I asked him to the stupid Winter Formal. I must’ve did something that set him off, that made him made because before I left with my friends last Monday after school, he seemed down and sort of angry with me. I never even got the chance to ask him what was up.

Since I shared three classes with him, it was sort of hard for me. I mean, my stupid nerves wanted to freaking burst! What made it easier was that he purposely sat on the other side of the classroom. Yet, that also made me less content. That really made me wonder what in the world did I do.

   And here I was still dateless for the Winter Formal. Sure, plenty of guys asked but they weren’t my type. Zach still never gave up, though. He literally asked me to the Formal every single day.

I told Brianne the entirety of what happened and I could pretty much tell she was on my side. The rest of her response is to not be repeated. Let’s just say she was a bit over-angry, way more than I was. )

It’s Friday morning and today’s actually the first day I haven’t been bugged by people and their repetitive questions. As I dug my head into my folded arms on the desk, the principal, Dr. Davis came onto the intercom system, annoying us fellow students with her announcements.

“Good morning, Fellow Champions.” She began, in her old, raspy yet, high voice. It was time for this lady to earnestly think about retiring and give it a rest. Her hair’s far beyond the gray age and she was beginning to have the need to use a cane in public. Tell me whether or not you agree?

“As you all know, tonight’s football game is the third to last before the end of this year’s season! I would like to congratulate our newest student, Edwin Jameson for becoming Wide Receiver on the football team! He will be playing in tonight’s game. So, don’t forget to come out and support the Cougars against the Barhing Heights Bears!” With that, there was a click meaning the announcement was over. I was hardly even listening.

I raised my head from the desk and opened my eyes to shocking expressions on many people’s faces. Dr. Davis must’ve said something interesting because the looks on every girl’s face made it seem like they all had just won a million dollars.

I turned to a glowing girl whose sitting next to me and ask what was going on.

“Hey, what’s everyone so happy about?” I asked.

She turned to me with her hand over her mouth. “Edwin Jameson’s playing the Varsity game tonight!” She squealed jumping up and down.

My excitement of the unknown went way back down and I thought how he asked Kate to the stupid Winter Formal and how that could’ve been me.

I laid my head back into my desk and waited for class to end. It wasn’t even half way over and I wanted to just leave. I was still wretched from being “rejected” from Edwin, even though he just easily let me down…

-----

By lunchtime, I slowly walked into the cafeteria looking for Brianne, Kristin, and Macie. They waved their hands from our usual lunch table and, again, I slowly walked over to them.

“Hey, mamas,” Kristen began. She usually calls me weird names if there was some sort of problem.

“Hey,” I replied forcing a smile.

Macie looked up from working diligently on her homework. Her countenance was in mock of my gloomy expression. Her eyes were red probably from staying up late doing homework.  “Hey, Stephanie,”

Brianne must’ve told them about what happened. I didn’t even have to ask.

I smiled and shrugged sitting down in my seat. I wasn’t even hungry. No need necessary to even grab a bit to eat. I slumped in the chair and crossed my arms over my chest hoping no one would see me.

Sure enough someone did…

“Hey, can we talk for a minute?” Someone asked whilst tapping lightly on my shoulder. I turned around and perceived a pessimistic Edwin. What could he possibly want to talk to meabout?

Brianne cleared her voice before she spoke. “I’m starving, guys. Let’s go grab a bite to eat!” Macie got the hint and stood up with her.

“I’m not so hungry…” Kristen retorted. “Ouch!” She yelped. Someone must’ve kicked her. I looked beneath the table and sure enough Brianne had kicked her. Eventually she got the hint…

I looked at him with wide eyes and forced smile while my friends walked to the lunch line.

He sat down in the chair beside me and faced me. He didn’t smile or speak; he just sat there looking into my eyes. Suddenly, I got nervous and looked down, tucking the piece of hair in my face behind my ear. I hate when he does that. I bet he knows that it makes me nervous as heck.

He smiled a small smile then it grew into larger one, showing his white teeth in exhilaration. The gloomy environment suddenly changed. Why was he so dang happy? Apparently, if he needed to say something, he needed to already say it.

“What is it?” I asked him, a bit of annoyance in my voice.

From behind him, he brought out a small taupe-colored teddy bear. Did I miss a memo or something? “Pwease, forgive mwe, Stephnie.” He said as if the little cute teddy bear was talking. I had to admit, he looked so cute doing that, like a cute little toddler.

I smiled just a tad bit and took the cute bear, holding it between my arms. “What’s this for, Edwin?”

His huge grin died down just a bit, making a softer one appear. “Look, when you asked me to the Formal, I wasn’t in my right frame of mind.” He said in his normal voice again.

I’m confused….

He continued. “I didn’t want to ask Kate-what’s-her-face to the Formal. I wanted to ask you.”

“Edwin, I’m so confused. Why did you tell me you did ask her, then?” I chuckled, throwing my hands on my head.

His laughter joined in. “Stephanie, there was a huge misunderstanding. I planned on asking you Monday after school but you were…busy.”

“...Busy?” I traced back to what I did Monday. “I went to a burger shack after school…how is that busy?” I asked.

“You see, this was the plan…I was going to introduce you to flowers and old pictures and ‘crap’ and ask you to the Formal…but I couldn’t.”

Oh…Everything started to make more sense now.

“But, I invited to the burger shack with us and you just walked off!” A chuckle was coming up my throat.

“Because my plan was for you go to my house! I didn’t want to pull you away from your friends.” He looked down and curved his lips, slightly. “And, plus,” he mumbled. “I still really, really like you.”

Did he just say what I thought he said? Or am I hearing things? Nope, I heard right!  

I narrowed my eyes at his narrowed eyes and eventually we just busting out laughing. I didn’t know what was so funny but it just felt good to be talking to him again.

“I missed those three days of not talking to you. I’m sorry for being such a butt-hole.” He admitted.

I just nodded and smiled at that.

He just smiled widely again and rolled his eyes. That smile was the best  thing in the world to me now.

 “So…you forgive me?” He suggested.

I squinted my eyes and pursed my lips.

He looked up in thought for a minute. A grin came upon his lips. “Hmm… say you’ll forgive me by coming to my first game, tonight.”

Giving up at trying not to speak, I finally do. “I already have to go. An athletic trainer’s sick and I volunteered to take her spot for this game.” I gestured my hands.

“Great, then,” He smiled. “I guess you forgive me.”

He stood up grabbing my hands and pulled me into a hug. Wow, that was unexpected, and, it wasn’t the “just friend” type of hug; it was the passionate-romantic kind when his arm wrapped around the small of my back.

He pulled back, still holding me. “Will you wear my jersey,” He proposed. “..Just for good luck?” His face held hopefulness.

I raised my eyes brows in surprise yet, I accommodated.  

“I guess so, why not?” I replied, throwing my head back and he pulled me closer to his firm chest. Since I’m short and he towers over me, my head places right onto his chest. His charming smell was like heaven and the clouds. As I inhaled calmly, I scented the delightful Hollister cologne.

 Only the girlfriends of the football players wore their jerseys…It would be so nice to be his girlfriend, though…to hold his large hand, to see him smile every single day, to embrace like this every chance I got to…

I was for sure now that we were back to the ordinary, now.

*****

The game was yet to start and the trainer girls and I waited in the field house. I didn’t really know any of them but they were all nice and opening to me. There were only four of us, since athletic training wasn’t popular at this school.

We all pressed against the wall as the football players all passed by from the back practice field. They were all hyped and ready to play ball. As Landon walked by, he waved and I wished him good luck. Thank goodness Zach didn’t see me, though when he walked by, that imbecile of a flirt. I didn’t see Edwin, though. Maybe he was late or doing extra practice or something…

Some of the football players hung out around the field house doing last minute football-player-stuff while some got wired up for the game. The other athletic trainers loitered and chattered with some of football players while we all waited. There were 45 minutes left till the actual game started so I just stood there with nothing to do. Landon was one of the guys who were getting wired up for the game, bless his heart.

“Checking out the ball players, eh?” Someone asked. I turned around and there was a mid-sweaty, attractive-looking Edwin holding his blue and yellow jersey in one of his hands. It seemed as if the entire world slowed down as he approached slow motion.

By the time he strolled up to me, he smiled cheerfully and handed me his alternative Varsity jersey that was sort of sweaty.

“You don’t have to wear it,” He said running his free hand through his sweaty hair. “It’s kind of sweaty.”

I held it up, holding my nostrils in a mocking way as we both cackled. “Hey, it doesn’t smell that bad!” He retorted.

The football players all headed out of the field house to the football field, the coaches behind them. They each gave Edwin a firm, good-luck handshake as they passed him. This was his first game and he was wide receiver. He must be that worthy of a great player…

“Aren’t you gonna go practice with the rest of them?” I asked.

“Nah, I think I’m good enough.” He confidently replied holding his head up high. “I need you to help me on something, though.”

I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. He exposed his right hand, revealing minor bruises on the palm.

“Yikes!” I shrieked with wide eyes. “What in cheese’s name happened to your hand?!”

He chuckled at it then looked back up at me. “I think it must’ve slipped on a banana at practice today.” He joked. But this wasn’t funny. How in the world was he supposed to play?

I started to freak out a little. How was he going to play the game with a bruised hand? “What are you going to do!? You can’t play like that!”

 “Well, you’re the athletic trainer…” He chuckled more. I looked at him with wide eyes, again. I didn’t know what to freakin’ do!

“No need freak out. I just need you to wrap it up then I’ll be good to go.” His laughter slowed down and he walked over to a small cart with first-aid materials. I took the tan-colored roller bandage he handed to me and sure enough, I didn’t know what to do with it. I just stared at it with a confused expression.

“Do you know how to use it?” He laughed.

“What does it look like?” I joked back.

He placed his hand on top of mine to hold it and with the other hand, he slowly unwrapped it.

“I think I’ve got it from here now.” I blushed at the feeling of his smooth hand.

As soon as I began to wrap the roller bandage around the palm of his hand, his gaze moved from his hand to my eyes. Even though I was looking down at the roller bandage, I could still feel his gaze on me. I looked up a couple of times and on the second glance, our eyes locked.

I couldn’t break the gaze, his eyes held an unusual sparkle on them. His body came closer to mine and his head tiled bending down. What should I do? What should I do? I closed my eyes waiting for what was going to happen next and sure enough, his lips softly crashed into mine and he kissed me. There was a burning yearning for his lips and I felt sparks torch at my heart. His were soft and tasted like chocolate mint. I relaxed my face, trying not to tense up-I’ve never kissed anyone, remember? He pulled back, a bit and stared into my eyes before softly kissing me again. The entire world around me deliberated as he slowly placed an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Just in time to ruin the moment, Coach Williams walked in.

“Jameson! We need you t- Ye doggies, okay!” He yelled as his impartial expression quickly turned into a gratifying one. Coach Williams, who held a country accent, was a short, stubby fifty-year-old man and by the way he smiled, you’d think he’d probably witnessed this gratifying episodes many times in his coaching career.  “Sorry to interrupt you and your lady, Jameson, but we need to warm up.” His country accent harmonized the moment even more as if we were in a movie.

We both looked up and him and smiled, sheepishly as my face reddened. He closed the door behind him but not before mumbling, “Sweeter than mam maw’s sweet iced tea.”

We both busted out laughing.

“Talk about ruining the moment!” Edwin laughed, loudly and it was music to my ears. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

He quickly finished wrapping the roller bandage around his hand and slipped on his football gloves.

As he led me out of the field house and onto the sidelines of the football field, we just stood there before parting.

“So…” He said trailing off, rolling on the balls of his feet.

“So…” I mocked.

“…Can I get a good luck kiss?” He smiled his charming smile with a gleam in his eyes.

“I already gave you one.” I chuckled.

“Well, that one was interrupted!” He threw his hands into the sky. “Please?” He asked poking out his bottom lip like a little kid wanting a Completed Star Wars Action Pack. He looked so cute, I couldn’t say no.

“Fine,” I obliged. “Just one small peck.” I added, holding up my index finger in front of his face, keeping in mind that we were in front of the entire school audience AND the opposing team, too.

He leaned in and gently placed his lips on mine. I felt those same sparks and the tugging on my heart I felt the first time.

 Instead of the small peck he promised, he clutched onto my waist pulling me closer to him deepening the kiss, gently. That flirt!

I pulled back giggling and playfully slapping his chest. “I said a peck, A-hole!” I joked.

“The best peck I ever had!” He yelled, joking back and waggling his eyebrows. He slowly backed up onto the field to join the rest of the ball players while I left find the other athletic training girls. I found them all sitting on the bench right beside the long field and joined.

I was surely glowing and couldn’t stop tapping my heels against the rubber rubble ground. (Ha, try saying that three times fast!)

“Woo Hoo, Stephanie!” Chelsea, the red-haired athletic trained yelped at me.

Still smiling sheepishly, I turned to her. “What?” I asked dumbfounded.

She grinned widely. “I saw that! Who didn’t?! I thought the rumors weren’t true!”

I could tell she was super content. “And, the rumors are still not true.” I guffawed back.

“Sure, sure,” She mocked back in disbelief still smiling. “I think you guys make a great couple.”

I smiled my sheepish smiled again and sat back to try and at least take my mind off of him and watch the game. Like that will even happen… I don’t even know much about football so it was too hard to not think about him.

I felt an annoying vibration in my back pocket that seemed to be bothering me since I left the field house. I reached behind me to get my cell phone out. It was seven text messages from Brianne who was sitting in the bleachers along with Kristen and Macie.

Brianne: 7 new text messages

Wth!

You’ve got explaining to do!

Whoa, no need to explain!

I saw you kiss Edwin! OMG, OMG, OMG!

Answer my texts, imbecile!!!!

I wanna know how it was!!!!!!!!!

I hate you, I hate you!!!

I rolled my eyes and smiled as I closed my phone and looked behind me at Brianne way up in the bleachers.

She flashed the hugest smile in the entire world and gave me a huge thumbs-up with both hands. Kristen and Macie soon joined in resulting me to cackle up in my seat.

And, it’s all just the beginning.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you all enjoyed it:D Comment on how it was and I will for sure know hwho my biggest fan is;)       How about next chapter after 10 votes? fair enough? And, Happy belated Valentines Day <333

Edwin's pic is on the side, there;) Hottie;)

Pweeeeese with a ginormous, juicy, red cheery on top VOTE:)  please vote

Rest In Peace Whitney Houston.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 14.9K 40
"You really think a girl like her is gonna want a guy like you?" Two years...that's how long I've been crushing on Desire Wright. She's the most b...
55.9K 1.1K 44
(16+)After many years apart, the two unexpectedly reunite. Unfortunately, Boyfriend's heart is already taken. Will Boyfriend and Pico ever feel the...
105 9 9
After having a hard time at her local high school Hazel Kingston starts fresh at Green Meadows Academy. There she meets new people that soon turns in...
172K 3.6K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...