Chosen Suitor

By STMackinnon

Highest rank #16 in werewolf (14/01/17) ... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chatper 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
~Winter Special~
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 22

35.1K 1.4K 176
By STMackinnon

Slamming the door open I stride into the castle, not caring at the gasps and whispers as I nearly tear the doors off the hinges. A maid quickly ran over to me trying to wrap a house coat around me which I take, before heading off again. My anger was pouring out of me, the smell of it filling the halls as I stormed through the castle. Turning a corner I hit a wall. No. not a wall a person.

Elder Gracie.

His cold eyes glared down at me as I once again seemed to crash into him. How continent. I roll my eyes and his sneer grows as I pull the house coat tighter around my self. "You hold no value. I have no idea why Jason has chosen you nor why he continues to put up with your disobedience." His voice rasped out the harsh words and I glare back at him. Furrowing his brows he scoffs at me. "You should be ashamed." Spitting out the words as if I tried to poison him; which I would gladly do.

"Elder Gracie, it is none of your business on how Jason views me valuable nor how he reacts to my actions." My glare stayed unwavering, cold, just like his own, "no offensive." I added shifting on my feet as I shrug my shoulders. I was done with how everyone belittles me, all because of status. Just like Lucinda and her father, elder Gracie was a far cry from kind. Cruel, and unforgiving were words that seemed to suit him best.

"You are very much mistaken, Ella." He glared at me, he wasn't liking the fact was I was blatantly disrespecting him. "For anything that has to do with our future generations is my business." 

"Elder Gracie I think it is you who are mistaken if you think I will allow you to push me into the mud anymore." Holding my tone firm I flashed my eyes at him, elder Gracie let out a slight growl.

"Listen here pup. You will not have a place here if you keep this up. I've done it before and I'll do it again to save the generations of the future." My shock betrayed me as it displayed on my face, he had people banished before? Turned them rouge? Before I could question him farther a male cleared their throat.

My head swivelled as my gaze fell onto Jason. "I apologize Elder, " taking hold of my arm lightly he looked down at me, "come, Ella, I'll clean your wounds," he said as he guided me past Gracie and down the hall. Ripping my arm out of his hold I turn on him.

"What was that! "

"What was what Ella?" His voice didn't falter and his breathing stayed even. While I on the other hand was a raving mess of anger.

"I can handle my self Jason. I think you witnessed just how commoner-like I can be." I spat out, crossing my arms. I pulled my gaze off the attractive man in front of me, and turned them to the wall. However a slight laugh from him caused me to once again turn back. "What now!"

"Nothing, it's just. You. You're defiantly one of a kind Ella." My cheeks flushed red as I took in his complement. But he soon became serious,"besides, I should be asking you; what the hell was that? You could of gotten your self killed. Executed. Elder Gracie is no joking matter, I can understand you challenging Lucinda but not a full grown elder male. You don't have the fight in you for that." Reaching forward he took hold of my crossed arms before pulling me into him.

Warm arms wrapped around me, circling me in Jason's embrace. I was mad. I was mad I was falling for him. I was mad that he didn't act completely the way I thought and I was mad at everyone else for seeing me as weaker. Pulling out of his hold I push past him into my room. Closing the door it stops and I find Jason's foot to be in the threshold, instantly I frown and give the king a pointed look. "Leave."

"No. Ella I don't this you realize how dangerous that was, and-"

"Jason. I said leave." My mind was pounding and my adrenaline was still pumping through my veins, "I don't want to see anyone." With ease Jason pushed through. Glaring at him I try to push back on the door, to prevent him from gaining entrance.

"Ella. Please..." his voice was calm as his looked into my eyes, and with a little extra strength he broke through my hold. I quickly take a few steps back, I didn't want anymore confrontations but I wasn't going to take anymore bull either.

"You got five minutes."

Jason face resembled one of shock and confusion as he looked at me, but I was too far gone to lay down and be swept under the rug anymore. "Ella, all I want is for you to try not to piss of the elders, please. I don't want you hurt." He said as his eyes glare at one of he claw marks from the bïtch down stairs. "But I'm proud of you."

Not what I was expecting, now I was the one who had the shocked expression plastered all over my face. "What?" I furrow my brows and stare the handsome man down. "Jason I thought you said-"

"Forget what I said Ella. But don't fight for the right of me. Fright for the right of yourself. Fight to prove to others they can't do this to you. I'm proud you put Lucinda down, and to be frank; I was about to put a stop to it when you made your challenge known." Smirking down at me he took in my appearance. Once again he pulls me into his chest, and I breathe in his scent, basking in it. His lips press against my hair, as his fingers stroke my back.

I pushed away from him as my anger came back, my wolf pacing in my head. "No." I say push harder on his chest, I take a good distance away as I stare back at his eyes. "You chose a 'commoner' for your chosen and look what happened. You don't deal with any of it. The innocent one here is the brunt of all these complications and attacks. While you; the one whom made the choice is unharmed, unquestioned, and seen as innocent!" Hurt flashed through emerald eyes as I let out a deep breath. "I'm sorry Jason. Its just too much for me. I'm not going to be a lap dog."

"Okay."

"What?" Is that all he had to say? I watch as he takes a step forward towards me, and i stay in place. Raising his hand he brings it to my cheek before swiping his thumb, removing something wet. I was crying? My eyes widen as I stared at him.

"I said okay. It's true. You didn't have anything pleasant happen since I've chosen you. But I don't regret it." Raising his other hand he cups my other cheek, whiling away the tears on that side of my face. "I mean I wish I could go back and change the actions that have taken place. But I don't regret choosing you. Ella I want you, I want you as my queen and not because of a political side; no, I want you next to me because -

"JASON!" Both our heads turn to my doorway which was now framing Alpha Tyrone. His face red, the stench of his anger was over powering my own, as he stomped his way over. "I demand you fix this-this... mess! " he yells, his hands flying around as if to show what mess. Then his eyes landed on me, "as a token of forgiveness you can reject the starting bond with a mongrel and take my daughter instead." His eyes flashing as his demands are place down, the smell of more anger fills the room from the man holding me. As much as I wanted tell the alpha off I could tell that this was for Jason to deal with, it was his fight.

"Are you telling me what to do, alpha Tyrone." The room was quiet as Jason's voice was calm, a scary calm.

"Yes. In fact I'm demanding it so it must be done, you foolish-"

A slight scream left my lips as Jason takes a swing and lands a punch on Tyrone's cheekbone. Bringing my hands up to cover my mouth I watch as Tyrone staggers back, holding a hand to his face. Jason's breathing is coming out heavy, as his eyes flash, claws pushing out of his fingertips. "If you continue to think you can order me around simply because I knew you since I was a child. Then you are sadly mistaken. In fact I've got my own demands." Tyrones eyes widen as he watches Jason in his fit of anger, the smell of a coward filled out from the alpha so much it was sticking in my nose.

"Your daughter is to be punished. Lady Ella, will decide it considering the attack she made was on Ella." Jason's voice held no room for argument as he look at the man who was once a close friend of his father. "I am refusing to offer your warriors the the training you've requested. I've tried to look past this the last time and settle the difference but this is too far." Tyrone's eyes never left the king before him as Jason contained on, "your daughter is foolish. Just like you. Ella is blood bound now to me, the first step, the next two should come with ease, and once all three have been completed then she will hold the title of queen."

"You can't be serious Jason." He let out a slight laugh."You can't possibly think that people will start to abandon the law. Even you chose to keep you fathers law." My eyes left the alpha who is glaring down his king, and my vision welcomes the face of Jason, my eyes searching for any clues as to what is happening.

"My decision is final" alpha Tyrones body shakes with anger as he takes a breath.

"Jason! You have to help me here, you know I can't let that happen! She's my daughter!"

"Well you should of never let her dilute her mind with the thought she could change mine." Sighing Jason takes a breath, calming him self as he does so. "Your daughter is able to be chosen next year and I'm sure an alpha will gladly take her as his."

"No," Tyrone shook his head, was he crazy? Did he not understand Jason's words? "I will not show respect for a woman and I'm sure neither will the elders." His frown turned into a smirk as he watched Jason, "what? You don't think I over heard the conversation between you two and elder Gracie? He said him self he is not pleased with her and I'm sure she will never become queen." Jason's anger began to pick back up as he tightened his hands into fists once again but abruptly stopped as a all too familiar voice came calling...

"Daddy!"

~•~

Thank you for all the votes and comments! I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter, please continue to vote, comment and follow! It would mean a lot, also check out my other werewolf stories;

Natural Selection (Wednesdays)
Inhuman (Mondays)

And remember I update this story every Friday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 38K 48
As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the idea of needing a man at her side. When...
542 35 35
© 10/2022 COPYRIGHTS ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS BOOK MY BE REPRODUCED, TRANSMITTED OR STORED IN INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SYSTEM IN ANY FOR...
4.3K 111 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...