mark of a soulmate [1]

By golden-mads

In Beacon Hills, select people are lucky enough to be born with a birth mark. A special birthmark. The true s... More

summary
trailer / edit
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
epilogue
face claim

chapter thirteen

10.6K 339 65
By golden-mads

"Nothing's wrong... I just have a lot on my mind."

Olivia, Lydia, and Allison were currently on the escalator in Macy's going to the second flour to find a dress to the formal.

"You could smile at least. Ever hear the saying, never frown. Someone could be falling  in love with your smile?"

"Yeah Allison smile. I'm buying you a dress." Olivia smirked. Because Lydia was accompanying them, Allison literally had to drag Olivia to the store.

"I have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected."

"Perfect."

"But not as much as I'm going to ask."

"What? What are you talking about?" Olivia asked, furrowing her eyebrows

"It means, you are going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to, and you're going to go with somebody else."

"Who?"

Allison looked over her shoulder to the boy standing at the perfume counter, Olivia and Lydia both following her gaze.

"Him."

All three girls watched as Stiles was inspecting a perfume, then accidentally squirted it on himself, making him sneeze.

"Ohhh. Don't frown, Olivia. Somebody could be falling in love with your smile." Olivia immediately brought the corners of her mouth up.

"I'm not frowning. In fact, I'm glad you're making me ask Stiles."

The girls watched again as Stiles noticed their stare, giving them a cheeky smile and a wave. Well- mostly to Olivia. Olivia smiled back, then looked at Allison, flipping her hair as she waled over to the buzzcut boy.

"Hello Stiles."

"Uh- hey- hey Olivia. What's up?"

"What are you doing here?" She smiled

"You know..."

"I actually don't." she laughed

"You know... I mean I know... I mean it doesn't matter. Just, uh, looking?"

Olivia laughed again, "Do you by any chance have a date to the formal?"

Stiles' eyes widened, "Me? Nope! I do not haha. I mean, um- not- not at the moment."

"Would you want to go with me."

If it was even possible, Stiles eyes widened even more, and his heart began to accelerate at a faster pace. "Totally! I'd love too!"

"Great! You can help me pick out a dress!" Olivia grabbed his hand, pulling him over to the section both girls were already looking in.

Stiles watched- no admired Olivia as she looked through he racks of dresses. He noticed how her  eyebrows would furrow when she saw a dress she found hideous, and raise them a bit as she would find one she liked. She took out a dress every once in a while to see how it looked, and Stiles would say 'that one's nice' or 'i like that one.' Each time she'd look at him, raising her eyebrow, then put it back, almost as to say 'are you kidding? it's hideous.'

As minutes flew by, Olivia began to hold multiple dresses tat she'd later have to try on. "I can hold those for you." Stiles told her

"No, it's okay. I don't want to burden you. You're already suffering through watching me shop." She laughed

"No seriously. Let me hold them." He smiled

"You sure?"

Stiles nodded his head, taking the dresses from her grasp, her smiling in gratitude.

Soon, Olivia took Stiles' hand, bringing him to the dressing rooms.

"Sit there." She pointed to a seat outside of all of the changing rooms. as Stiles sat, he gave her the dresses and watched as she went into one of the areas.

"I'm surprised you've lasted this long." Stiles looked over to see Allison standing next to him.

"Yeah, well it's not bad."

Allison smiled, "Which one is she in?" Stiles pointed to the locked room Olivia had entered seconds ago.

"Thanks." Allison made her way over knocking on the door, "Olivia?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to see every dress, no matter what. Even if you hate it."

"Okay." she laughed

Stiles watched as the door opened every minute or two, Allison giving her opinion each time. he caught sight of a couple dresses, and his eyes widened each time. She looked absolutely stunning. He'd think. But let's be honest here, Stiles thinks Olivia always looks stunning.

Finally, Stiles watched as the door opened, and he noticed that Allison's eyes widened as soon as she saw Olivia.

"That's it. That is defiantly the one."

"You think? I thought so too." he could faintly heard Olivia say. he trued to get a look at the dress, however he couldn't seem to see Olivia.

Allison lowered her voice, "Are you gonna show Stiles? I'm a bit curious to see his reaction."

"Nope. he doesn't get to see it until the dance."

Allison smiled, "Okay, it's getting late, put your clothes back on."

"Did you find one?" Stiles asked, as she walked out of the room.

"Yep."

"Great. Can I see it?"

"Nope?"

"Why not?" he whined

"Relax Stiles. You'll see it later." She laughed

"Fine." He sighed making Olivia's smile grow.

As she was checking out, a lady's voice came on the speaker talking about a car getting towed. Olivia realized it was Allison's as the Argent ran out of the store.

"Well I guess I don't have a ride home."

"What about Lydia?"

"She already left. Plus we're fighting."

"I could drive you."

"I don't want to cause any trouble-"

"Nope. It's settled. I'm driving you home." Olivia smiled as she swiped her credit card on the machine.

Olivia thanked Stiles as she got out of the blue jeep, running inside her house.

"Hey why didn't you come home with-"

"Can't talk mom, have to get ready!" Olivia said as she sprinted up the stairs. Natalie shook her head, smiling.

Stiles sat in his car in the Martin's park lot smiling to himself. He had scored a date to the girl of his dreams. The love of his life. His soulmate- well, he hasn't proven that to be true yet but he knows it is.

Stiles saw the light to Olivia's bedroom turn on, and took that as his cue to leave.

Olivia laid down her dress on her bed, picking out each and every makeup item she planned on using.

"Fuck I gotta shower!"

That was probably one of the fastest showers she had every experienced in her entire life. After blowdrying, and straightening her hair, Olivia decided she wanted loose curls.

After tying her hair up, she did her makeup, which was a bit more than usual but not jurassic. She then curled her hair, and checked everything over in the mirror.

"Can I borrow your mascara?" Olivia looked to her bedroom door, to see Lydia standing their with a somewhat pained expression. She could tell that this was Lydia's last resort.

"No."

"Oh come on! Just give it to me it will only take a second."

"Lydia this is the first time you even tried talking to me since our fight and it isn't an apology, so why would I give you my mascara?"

"Why would I apologize to you?"

"You know why!"

"You know what? Fine, whatever. I can improvise." Lydia rolled her eyes, beginning to walk away.

"Oh! Hey Lydia?!"

"What?"

"I had a chat with Jackson earlier."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. And what he told me was very interesting."

"And you're telling me this why?..."

"Because he told me that right after we broke up, you came crawling right to him. Not even days after the breakup."

Lydia's eyes widened.

"Did he?"

"Yep. I wonder, why would you lie about why you started dating him? Oh yeah, maybe it has to do with the fact that I still had feelings for him at the time, and you knew that!"

Lydia rolled her eyes, "That was literally last year, why does it matter?"

"You know what? You're right. It doesn't matter. I guess it also doesn't matter that he was using you as a rebound."

As soon as she said it, Olivia instantly regretted it. Lydia may have been being a stone cold bitch, but there was no reason she had to return the attitude.

Lydia rolled her eyes again, walking away.

"Unbelievable." Both girls whispered to themselves.

Olivia slid into her dress and seconds later heard the doorbell ring. Widening her eyes, she sprinted over to her window, seeing the familiar baby blue jeep parked in her driveway.

Olivia quickly looked in the mirror, making sure she was fully presentable, then grabbed her phone and clutch, heading out of her bedroom door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 767 52
A teen wolf fanfic where Stiles has a twin sister who was born very different from Stiles. She was born with a red diamond mark on her forehead and i...
45.2K 1.1K 53
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
88.1K 4.3K 22
Life for Stiles Stilinski is pretty good. He lives with his dad and two sisters in the small town of Beacon Hills, but when an old family moves back...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...